Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

digitalPersona

How'd you pick your main?

Tager. I like the challenge of playing with a low-tier character. Plus, he's just plain awesome and I love that he breaks the stereotype that the giant guy has to be stupid. Ever since I watched some of Mike_Z's videos I just fell in love with his brutality.

Saw Noel in the very first trailer ArcSys released for the game way back and took a liking to her almost instantly. My opinion on her altered as time passed but when the game came out and I finally played her, I fell in love with her playstyle so I stuck with her. I second Haku-men because he's just outright bad-ass.

Just kind of went around the list till I ended up settling with Tager. Originally I wanted to use Noel, but there was something I just didn't like about her as far as her play style. He is definitely a fun character too use and real challenge at higher level play. I honestly haven't settled on a Sub character yet but I'm leaning more towards Hakumen but v-13 is tempting as well, but it feels like hitting an easy button

Litchi: breasts breasts breasts I looked at Carl cuz he reminds me of the Warden from Superjail, but nah.

...but v-13 is tempting as well, but it feels like hitting an easy button

QFT. I think about subbing as nu or jin, but it seems cheap to me. I don't think Jin is as bad, but I'm still reluctant to use him a lot. Considering it would be my sub atm, I don't really care too much.

Ya know, I kinda like going against people who seem to think that pressing D with Nu is easy wins as hakumen, and then destroy them. Not that I'm good with spacing myself as Nu, but I'm learning. :lol:

Ya know, I kinda like going against people who seem to think that pressing D with Nu is easy wins as hakumen, and then destroy them.

Not that I'm good with spacing myself as Nu, but I'm learning. :lol:

Well Nu is more about smashing D, but it is still a huge part of her game and really knowing more when and how to press D.

A properly run Nu isn't gonna let anyone get near and if someone does, they know how to push them back and combo off the push back, which none of those combos are too terrible hard to learn.

Hence why I said its like hitting an Easy button. The only Challenge to Nu is learning her, once that is done, she is unstoppable

Hence why I said its like hitting an Easy button. The only Challenge to Nu is learning her, once that is done, she is unstoppable

That's just silly. Knowing your opponent is just as important as knowing your character.

nah, v is fairly unstoppable lol ok, not unstoppable, but it's pretty uphill for most if not everyone. A very steep hill at that.

I saw a vid with Noel doing her 6C loops into drive combos and I was immediately hooked. My brother came over after I got the game and asked who the best character in the game was. I said, as far as I know, Nu. Can't wait for the patch!

I chose my characters based on who I liked and who interest me. First off, I main Ragna the Bloodedge. My name has been "RoK the Reaper" for the longest, so it's similar, and originally I was "RAGNArok the Reaper", so together our names are "Ragna Rok". Next, he's known as the Grim Reaper and I call myself the Reaper. Ragna is also notorious, so am I, I love it. Beyond that, he's all aggressive and rush down, which is me, he has a sword; and he fights reversed hand, or at least keep his sword pointed backwards, I love that. Also, "INFERNO DIVIDER!" is too good when he yells it as well as, "CARNAGE SCISSORS! ON THE BARRIER!" xD, sounds epic, best english/jap voice in my opinion. My secondary, Carl Clover, I want to use him because he's the most blood thirsty character in this game. More insane than Jin in my opinion; and he takes actual skill to play with, it's impossible to button Mash with Carl and Expect to actually win a match. Also, I love the way he says, "NEE-SAN!" In calling his sis. Also, I love what he says in his throw loop, "NEE-SAN! IKU MATSU YO!". Ontop of that ,he looks so pringles in his pink costume. And finally, my 3rd character is Noel Vermillion. I like Noel because, out of all the girls in the game, if she were real, I'd totally tap that. She has guns, one of the best astral Finishes, cool colors, good Distortion drives and she's innocent. Upon all of this as well, she has the most DIFFICULT combos in the game. Seriously, the throw whiff and character specific combos of Noel make her the most difficult character to learn to play PROPERLY in my opinion, yes, even harder than Carl.

When i played the game in the arcades i was sure that Jin would be my main, But Once i played it on console picked Haku over Jin. The guy looks and sounds cool, i like the play style, and he has a sorta dustloop. Now i am Haku-tier with Jin as sub

If you look at my sig. Those might be the 3 I will stick with. It can change. But to me, I think females tend to be the most "mobile(more mobility)" except for Nu(correct me if I'm wrong). I'm super new, not even fairly new but super new. So I guess I'm still experimenting. But for now, Litchi, Taokaka, and Nu.

I first considered picking Tao as a main, cause I was like "Fast, attack-based, catgirl, what's not to like?" But I couldn't really control her Drive on the arcade stick. I decided to try out Bang cause I liked the name, and he reminds me of me, something I've mentioned before, and I really ended up liking his play style, and the fact that he has high health was a bonus since I like to play aggressively.

When I was in hype before release, I really wanted to try Noel and Nu more than anyone else. When I got the game, Noel was fun, Nu was okay, but I REALLY enjoyed playing Tager. His quips are amusing, his combos do great damage for relatively easy inputs... I'm not really surprised. I played Hugo in 3s a LOT. I have an attraction towards grapplers, I guess. Also, the power of science.

Well Nu is more about smashing D, but it is still a huge part of her game and really knowing more when and how to press D.

A properly run Nu isn't gonna let anyone get near and if someone does, they know how to push them back and combo off the push back, which none of those combos are too terrible hard to learn.

And every character has their way of breaking through her wall. Some have better tools than others, while some of them sucks, but it's not as if all you need to know is "D here" and "D there" and they can't get past. :lol:

Which is why I like Nu to be honest. Against good players it's a pretty intense game of cat & mouse, only that the mouse could shoot swords at you.

I like going melee aggressive as Nu too, but I still need to work on that. I suck. :vbang:

Fell in love with Tager as soon as I heard the words "Invincible 360" Played as Noel at the arcade for a while, but said arcade was very far away so getting there became an issue. So as soon as I got the console version, I fired Tager up and dropped Noel. I love Tager, but he has some really bad counter match-ups, so I wanted a sub that was a little more mobile. Looked through all the other characters, and the only other one that really caught my interest (seeing as Noel has been ruined for me by online play, and after a short stint with Nu, who I really didn't care for) was Rachel. I've been playing her for all of two days and she's threatening Tager for my main position already. She just feels natural to me.

Well when I first saw BB in 08, I thought Arakune was the coolest looking character, so I said to myself: "I'm going to play him"! Then I saw Bang a few months later, I decide to play him as well. Oh, then I saw Tao, and really didn't care for her character design, but fell in love with her RTSD play style. That's pretty much how I picked my characters. I pretty much play about 6 characters as of now. Main Tao Jin Arakune Sub Rachel Bang Haku( love his character design, really cool looking/ sounding)

Rachel: it was the first time the public in the U.S. got to play BB for the first time at AX 08 and I got to try out Rachel, she kicked ass and looked cool. Taokaka: same thing, AX 08 and had winning streaks with her:kitty: Litchi: She looked really cool when she was first announced and when I tried her at the BB Test Beta at Puente Hills Mall, I immediately loved her fighting style, not to mention she has TEH BEWBS:kitty:

Well i went to a arcade that had it and picked random , i got Nu and i didn't know what i was doing but i liked hearing kotai wen i backdashed lol, so i watched vids and saw that not only was her design raw, but she as a character was raw too, but currently i aint got no main no more, i just invested my time in her 1st since she was 1st character i ever used in blaz, i may go back to her after i try everyone else to see who personality and playstyle i like besides Nu

For me I'll decide on a character, and hope that they don't do anything that I find to good, etc. An example would be Brawl. When Brawl first came out I really, REALLY wanted to main my favorite Nintendo character, King Dedede. Unfortunately, the way he played, how gay it was, and how he just played unfun made me change my main. Guilty Gear I was unsure of my main. My plan was to main Slayer. I loved his character, but I don't really main him. BlazBlue I main Bang. Originally when I first heard of BlazBlue I wanted to main Taokaka. Once Bang was shown my plans were instantly changed the the defender of justice. I do feel that he is a bit bad though. =,( I never pick my character based off of tier list position. If they're too good I don't play them anymore. =(