Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Henaki

matchups

OK THESE ARE NOW STUPID SLASH MATCHUP SHIT WHATEVER FORREST SHURG FTW

PLEASE NOTE THAT I MAY BE WILDLY WRONG BECAUSE THE GAME CAME OUT LIKE 2 GODDAMN WEEKS AGO SO PLEASE CORRECT ME

also im trashing a lot of old info so if you play #R haha tough shit

Anji

Advantage: NO IDEA

Quick reasoning: NO IDEA

tl;dr: NO IDEA

Axl

Advantage: Slight Axl favor

Quick reasoning: Potemkin has to work hard to even get in a mixup

tl;dr: Axl can keep you away, but he cannot do it forever. Pote lost his gay 50% damage off anything in Slash, so you pretty much have to rely on whatever you can get. Axl also has some poor escape options when fighting Potemkin up close. It's basically a positioning based matchup, Potemkin has him outclassed up close, but Axl does him good from far away.

Recommendation: Learn to fight your way in at any cost, try and trick Axl into getting hit by Slide Head.

Baiken

Advantage: Potemkin, Medium

Quick reasoning: Risk/reward favors P-Unit, Baiken loses many offensive options

tl;dr: Basically, she cannot pressure you well, and has inherent rushdown flaws because of Buster and FDB. Potemkin really doesn't risk as much when attacking and outclasses her flat out in the damage department. He can afford to make more mistakes, plain and simple.

Recommendation: IB and Buster, FDB some mats if you can, you get a free Buster if she does auto-guard dash.

Bridget

Advantage: Bridget, Medium Large

Quick reasoning: Outclasses your pokes, can rushdown for free.

tl;dr: Bridget can attack you for free without much risk, Roger's Death Boxing of Doom will keep you locked down, and once Bridget gets Me and My Killing Machine going, you're pretty fucked. Not only that but Bridget can simply poke you all day because most of his attacks simply outprioritize yours.

Recommendation: None yet

Chipp

Advantage: Looks even

Quick reasoning: Another risk-reward matchup, hooray!

tl;dr: Chipp does mediocre-good damage, and his primay offensive options aren't really that punishable but once you catch him, he's dead or close to it. Not much else to it, just be wary of him running around throwing a shruiken, he's got some tricky crossups. Focus on landing damage without wildly scrambling at him, one HS from you = one of his medium combos. He has to play it safe, but don't think you can just do whatever you fucking want, because Chipp can actually punish you.

Dizzy:

Advantage: Dizzy, medium-large

Quick reasoning: PROJECTILES JGDS_GF)EWT gqqqq

tl;dr: Dizzy can rush you down for free, or run away with no worries. She can keep Potemkin blocking forever if she wants. Your guard gauge going up combined with Dizzy's pretty good damage equates to a pretty dead Potemkin. Thankfully, Sweep no longer gattling chains into ANYTHING AT ALL EVER, which means that Potemkin can safely attack her from a further range, also, because chomp fish is worse now (you can do anything to her and it goes away) and lazer fish can be FDBed

Recommendation: Try and learn IB holes to exploit. Kill bite fishez, FDB lazer fishez, dont fall for stupid shit, crossups etc.

Eddie

Advantage: Probably Eddie

Quick reasoning: Let's just quote Alex here "You can't escape!"

tl;dr: Eddie can rush you down for free, thankfully, the gay shit he had before (Guard gauge rising and Savage Fang > Potemkin Buster dont exist anymore)

Recommendation: No clue

Faust

Advantage: Debatable

Quick Reasoning: enlighten me

tl;dr: look above

I-No

Jam

Advantage: Jam

Johnny

Ky

Advantage: Probably Ky

Quick Reasoning: Ky can work you all day like a sailor with a bad mouth and even badder diseases

tl:dr dunno

May

Advantage: Potemkin, medium

May cannot freely walk around and throw dolphins all day, Potemkin can punish her pretty easily and she has few escape options.

Milla

Advantage: Milla, low-medium

Quick reasoning: Milla walks all over you.

tl;dr: Milla has way more mobility than you, not only that, but she gets the best possibly mixups in the game that lead back into mixups, as Potemkin, you can't just pray for a Volcanic Viper to hit, no, you have to guess and work your way out of each mixup. It's not that her mixups are bad, its the fact that they're so MANY of them and they're very difficult to counter as P-Unit.

Recommendation: Guess and pray.

Robo-Ky

Advantage: Potemkin, slight

Robo-Ky is weird, but somewhat slow and carries some good pressure, however, he cannot do things like 2K (which can nail you a free Buster when poorly used), and he can't just lay mats all day, he has to stay on you on wakeup which can be troublesome for his playstyle (usually he hovers over you). He doesn't have an amazing mixup game (low/throw) and has poor mobility, which means you can actually pressure him better than most characters.

Slayer

Advantage: Potemkin, low

Quick reasoning: Slayer is highly suseptible to backdashes/IB

tl;dr: Potemkin can IB and backdash all day and get free Busters really, Slayer is forced into playing it retardedly safe or he risks getting thrown. He gets to whore 6K, 5K and 2K and a lot of moves from really far away. Mappas are unsafe if you IB them, Pile Banger/Bunker/Buster/SomestupidBwordhere loses a lot of risk/reward since it can't instantly dizzy Potemkin. Basically he has to guess right and play it safe, not you (well you still have to guess right and play it safe, but not on Slayer's level).

Recommendation: IB everything you can and try and Buster it, backdash BDC Bite.

Sol

Advantage: Flat even

Quick reasoning: Sol cannot blindly pressure Pot, but still has high damage.

tl;dr: Potemkin can do a lot of things vs Sol that other characters can't get away with, for example, you can backdash after a 2D xx BRevolver and get a free Buster. Sol cannot use a Bandit whatever period in this match without risking 1/4 of his life, however, Sol does a lot of damage and crap

Recommendation: IB/Backdash Bandit/whatever and have fun with a free Buster!

Testament

what

Venom

what

Zappa

what

MORE WHEN PEOPLE HELP ME ADD STUFF :D

OK THESE ARE NOW STUPID SLASH MATCHUP SHIT WHATEVER FORREST SHURG FTW

PLEASE NOTE THAT I MAY BE WILDLY WRONG BECAUSE THE GAME CAME OUT LIKE 2 GODDAMN WEEKS AGO SO PLEASE CORRECT ME

also im trashing a lot of old info so if you play #R haha tough shit

Anji

Advantage: NO IDEA

Quick reasoning: NO IDEA

tl;dr: NO IDEA

Axl

Advantage: Slight Axl favor

Quick reasoning: Potemkin has to work hard to even get in a mixup

tl;dr: Axl can keep you away, but he cannot do it forever. Pote lost his gay 50% damage off anything in Slash, so you pretty much have to rely on whatever you can get. Axl also has some poor escape options when fighting Potemkin up close. It's basically a positioning based matchup, Potemkin has him outclassed up close, but Axl does him good from far away.

Recommendation: Learn to fight your way in at any cost, try and trick Axl into getting hit by Slide Head.

Baiken

Advantage: Potemkin, Medium

Quick reasoning: Risk/reward favors P-Unit, Baiken loses many offensive options

tl;dr: Basically, she cannot pressure you well, and has inherent rushdown flaws because of Buster and FDB. Potemkin really doesn't risk as much when attacking and outclasses her flat out in the damage department. He can afford to make more mistakes, plain and simple.

Recommendation: IB and Buster, FDB some mats if you can, you get a free Buster if she does auto-guard dash.

Bridget

Advantage: Bridget, Medium Large

Quick reasoning: Outclasses your pokes, can rushdown for free.

tl;dr: Bridget can attack you for free without much risk, Roger's Death Boxing of Doom will keep you locked down, and once Bridget gets Me and My Killing Machine going, you're pretty fucked. Not only that but Bridget can simply poke you all day because most of his attacks simply outprioritize yours.

Recommendation: None yet

Chipp

Advantage: Looks even

Quick reasoning: Another risk-reward matchup, hooray!

tl;dr: Chipp does mediocre-good damage, and his primay offensive options aren't really that punishable but once you catch him, he's dead or close to it. Not much else to it, just be wary of him running around throwing a shruiken, he's got some tricky crossups. Focus on landing damage without wildly scrambling at him, one HS from you = one of his medium combos. He has to play it safe, but don't think you can just do whatever you fucking want, because Chipp can actually punish you.

Dizzy:

Advantage: Dizzy, medium-large

Quick reasoning: PROJECTILES JGDS_GF)EWT gqqqq

tl;dr: Dizzy can rush you down for free, or run away with no worries. She can keep Potemkin blocking forever if she wants. Your guard gauge going up combined with Dizzy's pretty good damage equates to a pretty dead Potemkin. Thankfully, Sweep no longer gattling chains into ANYTHING AT ALL EVER, which means that Potemkin can safely attack her from a further range, also, because chomp fish is worse now (you can do anything to her and it goes away) and lazer fish can be FDBed

Recommendation: Try and learn IB holes to exploit. Kill bite fishez, FDB lazer fishez, dont fall for stupid shit, crossups etc.

Eddie

Advantage: Probably Eddie

Quick reasoning: Let's just quote Alex here "You can't escape!"

tl;dr: Eddie can rush you down for free, thankfully, the gay shit he had before (Guard gauge rising and Savage Fang > Potemkin Buster dont exist anymore)

Recommendation: No clue

Faust

I-No

Jam

Advantage: Jam

Johnny

Ky

Advantage: Probably Ky

Quick Reasoning: Ky can work you all day like a sailor with a bad mouth and even badder diseases

tl:dr dunno

May

Advantage: Potemkin, medium

May cannot freely walk around and throw dolphins all day, Potemkin can punish her pretty easily and she has few escape options.

Milla

Advantage: Milla, low-medium

Quick reasoning: Milla walks all over you.

tl;dr: Milla has way more mobility than you, not only that, but she gets the best possibly mixups in the game that lead back into mixups, as Potemkin, you can't just pray for a Volcanic Viper to hit, no, you have to guess and work your way out of each mixup. It's not that her mixups are bad, its the fact that they're so MANY of them and they're very difficult to counter as P-Unit.

Recommendation: Guess and pray.

Robo-Ky

Advantage: Potemkin, slight

Robo-Ky is weird, but somewhat slow and carries some good pressure, however, he cannot do things like 2K (which can nail you a free Buster when poorly used), and he can't just lay mats all day, he has to stay on you on wakeup which can be troublesome for his playstyle (usually he hovers over you). He doesn't have an amazing mixup game (low/throw) and has poor mobility, which means you can actually pressure him better than most characters.

Slayer

Advantage: Potemkin, low

Quick reasoning: Slayer is highly suseptible to backdashes/IB

tl;dr: Potemkin can IB and backdash all day and get free Busters really, Slayer is forced into playing it retardedly safe or he risks getting thrown. He gets to whore 6K, 5K and 2K and a lot of moves from really far away. Mappas are unsafe if you IB them, Pile Banger/Bunker/Buster/SomestupidBwordhere loses a lot of risk/reward since it can't instantly dizzy Potemkin. Basically he has to guess right and play it safe, not you (well you still have to guess right and play it safe, but not on Slayer's level).

Recommendation: IB everything you can and try and Buster it, backdash BDC Bite.

Sol

Advantage: Flat even

Quick reasoning: Sol cannot blindly pressure Pot, but still has high damage.

tl;dr: Potemkin can do a lot of things vs Sol that other characters can't get away with, for example, you can backdash after a 2D xx BRevolver and get a free Buster. Sol cannot use a Bandit whatever period in this match without risking 1/4 of his life, however, Sol does a lot of damage and crap

Recommendation: IB/Backdash Bandit/whatever and have fun with a free Buster!

Testament

what

Venom

what

Zappa

what

MORE WHEN PEOPLE HELP ME ADD STUFF :D

You can't backdash or FDB out of the butterfly trap done correctly. FDB has startup, backdash is obvious and punishable and typically lands on the butterfly anyway.

Bridget is a much worse matchup than Dizzy. Dizzy is just cheap versus everyone, Potemkin just happens to have it harder because he has no escape options and is huge. Bridget is worse because you don't ever stand a chance of hitting her, it just can't be done. Guarenteed win for Bridget.

Eddie V Pote isn't particularly bad, compared to others VS Eddie. I wouldn't put it as nearly his worst matchup.

Backdashing isn't really a very good idea against Sol, he just Gunflames you all day when you try to do that. 6K will beat BR better than BD will.

You can't backdash or FDB out of the butterfly trap done correctly. FDB has startup, backdash is obvious and punishable and typically lands on the butterfly anyway.

Bridget is a much worse matchup than Dizzy. Dizzy is just cheap versus everyone, Potemkin just happens to have it harder because he has no escape options and is huge. Bridget is worse because you don't ever stand a chance of hitting her, it just can't be done. Guarenteed win for Bridget.

Eddie V Pote isn't particularly bad, compared to others VS Eddie. I wouldn't put it as nearly his worst matchup.

Backdashing isn't really a very good idea against Sol, he just Gunflames you all day when you try to do that. 6K will beat BR better than BD will.

backdash should be used more sparingly than IB but its still a counter thats fine to throw out occasionally. its safer to IB though (since you get +4 off a neutral, thus if you time the move perfectly he will get bustered for free). also, if he does a perfectly timed BR after a 2D you cant air throw it, but if its delayed a little you can.

in fact, air throwing is a pretty decent counter to the bandit moves if used right.

and gwyrgyn, add some info other than corrections :O

backdash should be used more sparingly than IB but its still a counter thats fine to throw out occasionally. its safer to IB though (since you get +4 off a neutral, thus if you time the move perfectly he will get bustered for free). also, if he does a perfectly timed BR after a 2D you cant air throw it, but if its delayed a little you can.

in fact, air throwing is a pretty decent counter to the bandit moves if used right.

and gwyrgyn, add some info other than corrections :O

I don't believe Slayer vs Potemkin is not a 50/50.

How would Potemkin get in, for free? He won't.

How would Slayer get in, for free? He won't.

I don't believe Slayer vs Potemkin is not a 50/50.

How would Potemkin get in, for free? He won't.

How would Slayer get in, for free? He won't.

because potemkin generally holds a couple defensive advantages vs slayer, slayer absolutely HAS to play it safe because potemkin can turn a ton of offensive options on slayers part into a buster, slayer can uh, BDC bite, potemkin also out-ranges slayer so its not like he has to be inside him at all times. its not 50/50 its something like 5.5/4.5 or 6/4, its a pretty small advantage since slayer can still BDC bite and s.K at max range and get quite a few oki options still, he still has offensive options, they're just way more limited, and potemkin doesnt have to remain inside slayer like some matchups (dizzy, eddie, buri, chipp, axl).

its pretty close and rather debatable, but i think potemkin gets the advantage, the higher level, the closer the matchup gets. scrub potemkins will walk all over scrub slayers.

because potemkin generally holds a couple defensive advantages vs slayer, slayer absolutely HAS to play it safe because potemkin can turn a ton of offensive options on slayers part into a buster, slayer can uh, BDC bite, potemkin also out-ranges slayer so its not like he has to be inside him at all times. its not 50/50 its something like 5.5/4.5 or 6/4, its a pretty small advantage since slayer can still BDC bite and s.K at max range and get quite a few oki options still, he still has offensive options, they're just way more limited, and potemkin doesnt have to remain inside slayer like some matchups (dizzy, eddie, buri, chipp, axl).

its pretty close and rather debatable, but i think potemkin gets the advantage, the higher level, the closer the matchup gets. scrub potemkins will walk all over scrub slayers.

But if Slayer can play safe (and it's not that hard), he gets the upper hand.

I think there's an old post of LB on GCC that I think you should read. Lemme look for it.

EDIT : damn GCC can't be accessed anymore

But if Slayer can play safe (and it's not that hard), he gets the upper hand.

I think there's an old post of LB on GCC that I think you should read. Lemme look for it.

EDIT : damn GCC can't be accessed anymore

if slayer plays it safe by LB's plan, he loses almost every single damage option and LBs "strategy" requires BDCing everything on reaction, which just cant happen all of the time. he can do it for a few select things like Hammerfall and 5HS, otherwise its a guess. but you're not going to BDC a Buster or various other moves on reaction.

if slayer plays it safe by LB's plan, he loses almost every single damage option and LBs "strategy" requires BDCing everything on reaction, which just cant happen all of the time. he can do it for a few select things like Hammerfall and 5HS, otherwise its a guess. but you're not going to BDC a Buster or various other moves on reaction.