Sign in to follow this  
Henaki

matchups

i don;t think potemkin rapes ky but i believe its a relatively good/even matchup since i actually fucking win it and i'm henaki.

Don't know if I'd agree with him being the easiest, but he's got it a lot easier than a good part of the cast. He can IB PB if Ky is too close, he can also do things like IB Megafist against low hits. Giganter is a really safe choice, as is JG RC.

I've had easier times with Axl myself, as you basicaly only need 2 moves to get out with him ever.

i want you guys to know how reading xxx character beats ky makes me so so happy

Against Bridget you jump around when you are far away and walk forward otherwise. You can't practically win this matchup so you have to do a lot of wobbling around until you can actually get in. Whatever you do, don't just keep trying to jump or super jump in. Slide Head works but you have to be really good at timing it so you catch Bridget when he lands. Don't throw it out when he's on the ground or has an air dash ready. Run away bridget is much more difficult than rush down bridget as well... with the rushdown you can pretty much just throw out 6P at random and win.

Dizzy isn't that hard in Slash. If she tries to throw a fish at mid range, just do HS or slide head. Be careful when trying to flick laser fish or seakers because Dizzy can throw out the super and be completely gay. If Dizzy puts you into the corner with the fish bullshit, remember you can do 5P/6P PB so you tag the fish with the first hit and Dizzy with the throw. Giganter also works but you need to be careful of seakers and bubbles with that.

Venom sucks so beat him up.

Faust is mostly just getting in, flick the bags, bombs, and anything else obvious. Get in, stay in. Not a lot to it.

ummmmmmmmmmmm j.HS would completely depend on height, and he can probably jc it since hes chipp but im not sure.

you can IB "Banzai!" for free buster.

damn...u guys still think Axl should beat Pot huh...=P I still disagree.

I would say its alot more in Axl's favor than it was in #R though, but that just makes it go from 7/3 pot to 5/5 imo.. Ya the kokku can stuff a hammerfall, but only dumb pots will sit there and hammerfall versus a jumping Axl. If Axl jumps, mash on 6P and whatever Axl does in the air will pretty much trade hits or be beated.

I await rebuttal..

-KDX-

Axl/Pote was 5/5 in #R, it's more like 6/4 in Slash or so, if not worse. Pote's biggest advantage in the matchup was being able to get 50-75% life off a mid screen PB... he needed it because he rarely ever got an actual hit in otherwise. Now he has nothing off mid PB.

6P won't get Pote out of the corner, if Axl spaces it properly, it just clashes, giving Axl free time to do whatever else he wants to. I've tried it plenty of times, it doesn't get you anywhere other than getting you a little bit of tension.

It's pretty much the same deal as always. Axl pokes you, you sit there and try to guess what he'll do. Maybe if you guess right 3 times in a row, you can hit him once. Maybe not. Not an awful lot you can do otherwise.

ummmmmmmmmmmm j.HS would completely depend on height, and he can probably jc it since hes chipp but im not sure.

you can IB "Banzai!" for free buster.

Chipp can't JC his jH but he can cancel to a special move.

I don't think you have to IB Banzai for a Buster, what with most characters getting a big combo starter on him if they block it.

GB:

If Dizzy plants a meaty bite fish on you and goes into TK bubble to airdash string, I don't think you can P/6P XX PB your way out. Though that could work on some of her really basic post-knockdown lazer fish frame trap tricks I guess... actually probably not unless she starts it off like 2H XX lazer fish in the corner. But yeah I've never had a problem with just dropping something on Pot before he can get up and keeping him in blockstun till I land a hit or till I'm at a safe distance to throw out something safe and then run away or something.

But yeah Pot has an easy time stuffing summons in neutral situations, which is huge because it means Dizzy can't set up her offense from the other side of the screen for free any more, and it means Pot can set his up if she tries.

But as I see it, Dizzy runaway against Pot tends to mostly involve placing bubbles between Dizzy and Pot and then leaving them on the screen for use as needed... and usually it's just a battle of patience in neutral situations. Neither of them needs to put themselves at risk but neither of them is going to get much payoff from sitting there until the other person commits to something.

That said, with Dizzy flying about and dropping bubbles and such, if she gets 50% tension she could just drop a fire super and then call out some junk to start rushdown so watch out for that.

No, you are correct. Meaty fish into IAD you can't do much about other than block. You get out AFTER you block the first set of hits. There's no guarenteed way out and it's not easy, but there are holes here and there. They are much bigger than they were in #R thankfully.

if you do sj.S right you cant get VVed

theres a few frames where the VV doesnt actually hit you, if you land at that moment and block, you'll block his VV, and your sj.S wont hit him at all since hes totally invincible. i think the startup is 3 frames? so try and make sure you land within 3 frames of his wake up.

you can also do things like sj.S (wiff) backdash or FD in the air depending on when you are going to land compared to his VV.

No he can't. If you time the sj.S late enough that it tags him and you recover within the first few frames of his recovery, you can at least throw a 5P safely.

j.S = Level 3, instant block Lv3 = 10F guard stun.

Assuming j.S recovers within the 3rd frame of Sol's wakeup (which is correctly timed to avoid getting hit by the VV anyway), that gives you +7F advantage on landing, which is enough for any of 5P, 5K, or 2K.

Practically though, that's pretty tight on either player's part. But j.S |> 5P is pretty safe and easy to time (assuming you can hit the 1-3F window on Sol's wakeup, you can have 2-4F timing for the 5P, which isn't that hard).

Other than those though, he can VV you if you try to PB or anything slower than that, sure.

No he can't. If you time the sj.S late enough that it tags him and you recover within the first few frames of his recovery, you can at least throw a 5P safely.

j.S = Level 3, instant block Lv3 = 10F guard stun.

Assuming j.S recovers within the 3rd frame of Sol's wakeup (which is correctly timed to avoid getting hit by the VV anyway), that gives you +7F advantage on landing, which is enough for any of 5P, 5K, or 2K.

Practically though, that's pretty tight on either player's part. But j.S |> 5P is pretty safe and easy to time (assuming you can hit the 1-3F window on Sol's wakeup, you can have 2-4F timing for the 5P, which isn't that hard).

Other than those though, he can VV you if you try to PB or anything slower than that, sure.

Im not all knowing when it comes to frame data, but all i know is the person that i play most of my casuals with uses Sol( Juicy G) and somtimes after my safe jump in he can vv me. I guess i was mistimming my attack after the jump in. On a side note, I wanna tell you that their r not many players that i can give respect to(cause im a cocky eletist asshole) but I totaly respect sombody who can understand PO as much as me. I been bangin with PO since xx so even though I dont think we met you get daps from me. If you go to omaha holla at me.

I dont know if this is a usefull tip, since the maker of this topic asks for it but here we go

Against ky, realy hate that guy (gay) after countless battles you know the hang of it for me then i spare you the trouble, if you fight against a normal ky (No ex) you can punish his ride of lightning, (without him doing a cancel), so watch out for that when he does this move if he has enough tension the odds are great he wil cancel it so just block! if not just punnish him with a PB after the move finished or a whatever combo will work to, try to trick him to use the ride of lighting for a free PB or combo, a nother thing that pisses that ky player and he is good buy the way jump towards him when in the air do a nother jump then you have some options down plus D or attack with S while jumping in, the thing is you can piss off a lot of thing with this double jumping its just a mind game it seems his dragon isnt that strong in normal mode (but in ex mode its a different story its much faster and harder to block but i got the hang of it i block everything and just punish him after he misses his dragon P) after a succesfull jp do what ever you want....i mostly do JS, JP, PB or if he wants to jump then a Heatnuckle etc...

as for chipp: i learned from this battle this: no use for rush down with potemkin he flees runs away teleport triple jump teleport in the air and that for countless of times to confuse you, instead i found a usefull trick for Judge gauntlet (atlast), whenever chipp teleports to you and use that gay move you know wich one; attack from the front then from te back, i anticipate before he even touches me ( i know because of that stupid sound he makes before he uses that teleport attack move) i then use Judge gaunlet for some good damage hell i use the judge gaunlet a lot against chipp and it works!

As for I-no play normaly as you would have with potemkin but with (for me) 2 new strategys again double jump to piss her off and then S (follow up with with your kind of combo) or down D believe me it really pisses her off, as for that really disgusting move i dont know the name of it it goes like this she rushes forward then does something like an uppercut and out of the ground comes a red pilar or something like that, in the beginnig i had a lot trouble with that move because after a succesfull hit youre open for a nice damage combo, so every time she uses that i backdash and retaliate or forward S when its about to hit you, after that you can punnish her with whatever combo you want.

Dizzy: A real pain in the ass in the beginning i alway got nailed with that combo i dont know the spec details of the combo but here it goes couple off hits then finish with an ice pilar after screening here style i found it usefull to do this A LOT OF EARTHQUAKES! before she uses that spear from the air towards you and that silly flying mouth ending with a red laser, earthquake proceed with hamerfall break hamerfallbreak to get near her she isnt that good in close! or when its to late for that and she rushes towards you after that spear and laser ball try using your Judge gaunlet but be carefull overuse against dizzy asks for trouble they wont rush towards you, And again our big friend double jump to piss her off or jump in with S and find a opening for a combo, well if the know they cant attack you from far away they try to attack you and thats just what you want because if you use earthquake and judge gaunlet in a good way they have no choice cripple dizzy with Forward p in other words you can play her as if she is just a character without herr silly rushdown i nailed a good dizzy player just because of this play style he plays for years and now he never takes herr against me.

I hope this works for you guys out there i am sharing my findings with you tell me if it works....Ps this is not a topic how to play potemkin but instead tips how to handle some characters (Ky, chipp, I-no, dizzy)

Any tips/suggestions on how to deal on the following matchups for Potemkin? BTW, this is for "SLASH"

- vs. Bridget

- vs. Venom

- vs. Faust

- vs. Baiken

- vs. Eddie

Thanks in advance! :D

Sign in to follow this