Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

[CT-CS2] Carl vs. Carl

Is it just me, or is this match-up really fun to watch? I like playing it, too; but, my experience is limited. Some things to note: Do NOT set your robot up to take damage unless you're going to get something off it (pretty common sense, but seems to be a top priority most times I see this match-up). Never, ever get separated from your robot. This can mean a loop that goes into your death VERY easily. Plus, it's hard for Carl to safely avoid his own pressure strings, once set up. Umm... stick to quick pokes? Most of this match-up seems to just be solid Carl playing. Anyone wanna point out where I'm wrong/add stuff to this post?

Every time I go in the mirror match unless he is better then I am, I just combo him with Carl by himself, most won't see that coming, once you have him on the ropes then you start going for some summon setups. That's just me.

You do what all top Carl's do in a mirror. Carl---Nirvana-Nirvana---Carl. And you start mashing C and buffering 623]D[. But on a serious note, if he's rushing you, keep nirvana around to avoid the loop. If he's turtling, go after him, and worry about summoning when you need to. Also, tech the first throw of the loop, and summon quickly. (I've done this once or twice. I don't know if it's my opponent's clap error, or if this is a legitimate way to get out of this.) On relaunch, tech the 2nd and have nirvana eat the clap.

You do what all top Carl's do in a mirror.

Carl---Nirvana-Nirvana---Carl.

And you start mashing C and buffering 623]D[.

I'm going to do this from now on. XD

But on a serious note, if he's rushing you, keep nirvana around to avoid the loop.

If he's turtling, go after him, and worry about summoning when you need to.

Also, tech the first throw of the loop, and summon quickly.

(I've done this once or twice. I don't know if it's my opponent's clap error, or if this is a legitimate way to get out of this.)

On relaunch, tech the 2nd and have nirvana eat the clap.

Most Carls I play don't use the loop...Then again, I still haven't played you. You would think this fight would be easy since you know all of your opponent's attacks and then...LOOPED!!! :8/: lol

We need a Carl study group. There aren't that many Carls around to play and since he's the hardest character to use, noobs like me would benefit from this...:eng101:

I'm going to do this from now on. XD

Most Carls I play don't use the loop...Then again, I still haven't played you. You would think this fight would be easy since you know all of your opponent's attacks and then...LOOPED!!! :8/: lol

We need a Carl study group. There aren't that many Carls around to play and since he's the hardest character to use, noobs like me would benefit from this...:eng101:

Well, whenever you're not grounded. :vbang:

I'm down to play. lol. I'll infinite you all day. :yaaay:

Ground loops is gotta be;

J.2C, Alle~can, 2B, 5C, 6]D[...

b/c

J.2C, Alle~can, 5B, 5C, 6]D[... Whiffs.

3C 2B 2C ]8D[ the 2C almost always whiffs unless you did 3C in like.. kissing range c.c so I find i have trouble launching other Carls into air loops. (My alla~can'ing is very very spotty.)

B+C, Walk Forward, 2B, 2C, 8]D[...

b/c

B+C, 2B, 2C, 8]D[... whiffs

Mascarpone, you can use Nirvana to push the body towards you, this helps.

2a 5b Vertical Jump j.b 8d works. *note clap is input when you JC 5b simultaneously. Edit: referring to the 3c link 2b 2c whiffing problem.

B+C, Walk Forward, 2B, 2C, 8]D[...

b/c

B+C, 2B, 2C, 8]D[... whiffs

Mascarpone, you can use Nirvana to push the body towards you, this helps.

I just hate to be Dependant on a grab. They are often broken by decent players on reaction and by just about everyone else after I've used them 2 or 3 times in sandwich preasure/combos.. and allowing for a reset (particularly online) has gotten me spanked on several occasions.

2a 5b Vertical Jump j.b 8d works.

*note clap is input when you JC 5b simultaneously.

Edit: referring to the 3c link 2b 2c whiffing problem.

I'll try to put that into practice. I drop that pick up allot tho. (Too cheap to buy a stick and controllers are MEH!)

-2B, 3C will not combo at the "typical" max range against couching Carl.

-Throw loop, input should be:

8]D[~JB+C, ...

-While re-launching off of a corner air throw break, the "typical" :

Land, 66, 5B... whiffs.

Land, 66, [6], 5B....( Step forward again).

- 6]D[ misses when the other Carl is guard broken.

When jumping out of nirvana pressure, use a backwards jump w/J.B or J.C. The new bigger hitboxes will usually hit nirvana on the way.

5b 6B cantabile on Nirvana sometimes breaks her and makes her jump into the air, chance of making her unusable for the whole match too.

5b 6B cantabile on Nirvana sometimes breaks her and makes her jump into the air, chance of making her unusable for the whole match too.

o.O ...wut?

explain.

Go to trainning and make CPU Carl keep Nirvana Active. Walk over to her and use 5B 6B and then hit her with Cantabile. (don't hit CPU Carl)

She'll float in the air with her feet at about Carl's head height.

And in some cases she'll "slide" across the stage like shes being affected from Rachel's Wind Drive. Making her completely useless.

Funny glitch that can completely shut down another Carl in Carl Mirrors :v:.

I can't wait to fight another Carl and do this. (Which will be NEVER. D: )

Did this happen on console?

Mhm, I did it consecutively on the 360 console version, should work on the ps3 version too, not sure though.

Carl vs Ada:

Standing: J.B, J.C, J.B (toward or backwards)

Carl vs Carl:

Standing: 5B, 5C, 6]D[, J.2C, J.B, J.C...

Crouching: 5B, 6B, J.2C, Alle~can...

J.A is gdlk in this fight.

Never did try the Cantible against Nirvana tho.