Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kamui Moon

The NEW Ohio Thread: LET'S GO SH_!

welcome to the area axlred. the cleveland community is pretty focused around our local monthly, which was just this past weekend and usually is at the end of the month. we also have season's beatings ascension in cleveland at the end of september to look forward to. not sure of the staying power of the animu games in the area since no one plays bb and gg has been extremely small for years, but our sc/tekken scene is really big and is only gonna get bigger with tag2 coming out. give gg a try when it comes out on live/psn.

bookmark this page http://consolecombat.net/ if you want more info.

ggs darago. we'll get more gg/sc in sometime soon.

Thanks Kamui, it's more of a homecoming though. I've lived in Cleveland my whole life, totally unaware of the scene there. Then I moved just as I found out. Same case here in Huber heights (right by Dayton/Cincinnati). I play a little of everything, roots actually being in Tekken. I played sfa3 seriously first though. The timing actually works out really well with the monthly and ascension. I'll be moved into town at the end of august.. 25th-ish I believe. I hope a few people get into P4A, I'm kinda lookin forward to it. But I play almost every FG out there, so I'm sure I'll find competition among you guys. Can't wait.

Hey guys, just an update. IF you are in the Cincinatti/Dayton/N.KY area, you should look at Arcade Legacy for our weekly fight nights every Thursday. Also have an eye out for special events at Arcade Legacy on Saturdays too.

http://arcadelegacy.wordpress.com/

662Cincinnati Mills Dr.

Cincinnati, OH 45240

Directly across from the food court in the Cincinnati Mall. Entrance 3 in the parking garage is where you want to park and enter.

513-874-TRON (8766)

I love Dust Loop, but the Arcade Legacy crew is mostly active on this thread on SRK: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/cincinnati-oh-dayton-oh-and-northern-kentucky-i-have-the-best-wesker.97711/

Persona 4 Arena will probably have a good size scene here on release so drop by!

Damn. I'm going to have fraternity obligations that day, and I won't be able to make it to SB either. :(

Oh, well. October it is.

welp, console combat is this sunday and sb is rapidly approaching.

hope to see some new faces indulging in all of those dead games that i like, such as gg/sc/vs. gg has always been dead, soul calibur dies for good tomorrow, and persona is awful and killed off every single bit of vampire savior hype in america. boo

I will be coming to Arcade Legacy for the next ranbat along with (hopefully) a couple other Indianapolis players.

We'll be there for persona and probably Guilty Gear casuals if anyone wants to play.

So when's the next Console Combat? I want to actually make it out this time and play some P4A.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like the 21st.

>Ohio thread

>More than 10 pages

Is.....is this real?

shit dude, cleveland just hosted one of the biggest majors of the year this past weekend. our scene is pretty strong right now.

you can join us at our next tournament in parma oct 21st. at the fox 'n hound8735 Day Drive, Cleveland, Ohio, 44129. starts at 11am. sf4, marvel, ttt2, kof, scv, p4a, and everything else.

Wait, hold up, Cleveland has a scene? Would have never guessed it. *Sigh* 2 more years until graduation/moving out, maybe I'll be able to attend one of these events then.

Where in Cleveland do you live? If you don't have access to a car there's probably a public transit route you can use to get to Parma. Google Maps will even generate a route for you!

guilty gear, I kind of miss you.

I know what you mean bruh. Just hang on a leeeeetle bit longer.

Eric, when did you start playing vs? I'm holding out hope that it will come back, and there are still a few people that remain loyal, but it does look like a lot of the support has fallen off for the moment at least. I think part of the problem is people in cincy have played long enough now that we more or less know who we can beat and who we can't. I asked kyle how vs went at sb and he pretty much said it was us vs ray, so i guess it takes some of the excitement out if you know the outcome before the tournament starts.

Kyle hoog. Let's play gg tomorrow!

Where in Cleveland do you live? If you don't have access to a car there's probably a public transit route you can use to get to Parma. Google Maps will even generate a route for you!

Cuyahoga, I honestly don't know how far away Parma is from where I live, I'll check when I stop being lazy.

As for how I didn't think Cleveland had a scene? Well I've never heard of anything being held here and at least 50% of the population here in Cuyahoga is ghetto, can you blame a guy?

Cuyahoga, I honestly don't know how far away Parma is from where I live, I'll check when I stop being lazy.
You should totes plug your address into Google Maps, like, right meow. You're almost certainly less than an hour away (though taking public transit will extend that a bit).

Extremely delayed crosspost from SRK.

SUPER UNOFFICIAL ARCADE LEGACY GUILTY GEAR RANBAT WEEK 1 RESULTS

1st: Matt (doragonkoroshi) - 9 pts

2nd: Nick - 8 pts

3rd: Ben (Amadeous) - 7 pts

4th: Big Zach - 6 pts

5th: Zach (Ailerus), Kyle (Effenhoog) - 5 pts

7th: Rob, Ryan (SparkleLordJr) - 5 pts

9th: Kyle (Circuitous), SonicSpear, Sketch, Eugene - 4 pts

12th: Mark (Fleshpounder), Corey, Nick L. - 3 pts

We'll continue to run tournaments for GG, as long as people show up to play and we don't interfere with any other games that are running. I'll be keeping track of points, and we'll try to arrange for a nice prize for our overall winner.