Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colt_MX

[CT] Why you play Litchi-Fae-Ling???

Well it seems that there is something about Litchi. Everyone knows that, but it also seems that there is different for each player and I think it would be fun to share this with the other dustloopers comunity. That and it looks like there are very few threads in Litchi forums :8/: For me I choose Litchi because. - Love to play dynamic and long combo characters - Variable gameplay and strategies - Very fun to play with...ehem - Like her movement speed - Like the character desing - Kinda remind me of some one hmmmmm(:JA:) So share people... share

Well, I tried her out cuz her bewbs and portable stripper pole made her superior to Noel (first main) imo. Fell in love with her when I realized she was really adaptable and could wrap around my playstyle better than Noel, who's all close-up rushdown all the time. Personally, I think anybody can find something they like in her. EDIT: Plus, I only play females in games.

litchi is just the awesome. i chose her because the thought of having something else on the field to fight with (her staff if you are an idiot) is just a cool concept. for stuff like "double teaming" or offscreen tactics. and carl was too hard.

Wanted something close to Anji, only two characters had similar autoguard properties (Bang/Litchi). Was originally gravitating towards Bang, but Litchi's style seemed so much more elegant and stylish to me. I can't resist the "flowing rhythm" style characters, or rather characters that fight with an indication of perfect rhythm. I still think Anji is the coolest fighting game character of all time, but Litchi is plenty fun. Plus, I just could never get down Bang's BnB. Too unusual.

I liked her char. design and I also have a thing for the mature onee-san type voice (inoue kikuko as I-No from guilty gear is probably the best example of this). Mostly though I was having trouble deciding who to main when I came across a bunch of litchi combo videos feat. obscene corner okizeme shenanigans. I really don't like playing against nu / arakune while cursed, so (short of resorting to playing as them myself) I figure the best response is to not let them get up, ever - hence litchi. Lately I'm discouraged due to not being able to pull off her combos once I started putting all the AI recovery options to quickest possible in training mode...getting the timings down has now become exponentially more frustrating... :vbang: considering taking a break to learn someone else...

chose Litchi because her play-style - dont ask how - reminds me somewhat of Zappa. cant explain it better than that. her character design is also very pretty. she's just a very like-able character, imo.

my reasons is that she has the tools for ne situation possible. She has great range and poking, and is able to turn her pokes into fair damage that can lead to her corner pressure. im also a fan of technical characters nd character that have moves to protect them as they rushdown. litchi has that when she is staffless nd mixup options open up.

Let's put it this way: In ninja turtles, I was Donatello, in MvC2 Gambit, and in Soul Caliber, Kilik... and I'll say that Litchi is probably the most fun to play with out of all the staff users.

I played as testament in GGXX, when blaz blue came out I was leaning towards either litchi or rachel because they just looked the most fun and the closest to what I like to play...then I heard shounen(my idol as a testament player) played her and the decision was made for me :)

When I first started out with her, my mindset was this .. I like that I can switch my style up as I see fit, play with mantenbou for mid-range battle, toss the stick away to get up in their face. Now that I made a lot of progress with how she fights, I like how her style flowed between staff and staffless moves when going through her huge combos. They're so sick to look at, and when I complete them, it's the most satisfying feeling I can get with my clothes on. xD

Individuals... the master of throwing off-topic creepy comments into otherwise normal threads. I normally go for female fighters because they generally have fighting styles that really 'click' with me... my friend was using taokaka when I sat down to play the game, so I wasn't going to mirror him... I tried out rachel, but she was odd... I didn't want to pick nu since everyone would've hit me... I don't really like noel.. at all... so I picked the boobie lady after rachel.... After he stopped playing tao I tried tao out and didn't really like her... and I just keep enjoying litchi more and more every time I played her and every time I learned something new.. then I saw the combo videos and was completely a litchi disciple.. though I still want to go back and learn rachel and can play nu (difficult I know) no one (at least in this version of the game) will replace litchi for me now.

I actually hate Litchi. But I don't care about any of the other characters so I play Litchi since she's the only one I have any feelings for. No but really Litchi is terrible. 8D

I always picked the weird, hard-to-use characters in fighting games (Shun Di, Shuma-Gorath, Voldo, Zappa, Gen...). So, the logical character here was Arakune, although I didn't like his play style. I'm normally very aggressive and you have to be patient to use him. Not to mention, I realized I actually like a character with different stances (which all of those characters have except Shuma-Gorath) so Litchi fits in right there. It keeps me interested as I play the character.

I always picked the weird, hard-to-use characters in fighting games

carl is on the right side of the char select screen :eng101:

but true, litchis newer combos are getting way hard :gonk:

I was a Noel player myself until I took it online and learned how mainstream she was (D-spamming Noels mostly), I tend to dislike things or characters a lotta people do or use so I like using odd and unique characters that you wouldn`t see anyone else using. I also played Hakumen, but since I am more of a combo person than Hard-Hitting I left him....so I decided to go with Litchi.... her combos and style flow like water and she`s very rewarding and satisfying both visibly and when your playing if you know what I mean. ;) and also there`s not a whole lot of Litchi players out there.(at least on PSN)