Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doragonkoroshi

Guilty Gear XX AC tutorial videos!

But there is no animation. :( The mechanics of guilty gear allow you to retain momentum of your dash, so you're sliding during the fd animation. The retention of momentum is pretty important in gg. It lets you do things like this slide and get more horizontal VV's with sol and such. Since you use it for more than just throwing, I think you might actually confuse some players if you don't just explain it as part of this momentum system. q.q no one agrees with me. all sadface.

You have the correct definition. I do not deny that. I was just trying to make a case as to why I don't bother trying to distinguish the two cases when I explain it based on that difference (basically it takes less words to just say/type kara-throw than blahblahblahmomentumblahblah). But your definition is the correct one.

i just remembered that it applies to forward jumps too, which is really important for most characters and vital for chipp and order sol. also yay :D

wtf? how is a running fd throw a kara? lol U cant just add random things to a terminology with a set definition.

kara throw is canceling a normal into a throw. Please stop posting wrong information.

So I just posted an MDK Testament tutorial, which I didn't previously know about. Seems to be mostly just combos though. I was thinking about making a Testament tutorial before I found out about this, but now it seems less necessary. Will somebody watch it and tell me if they think it's worth it to make another one?

Mostly combos. Touches on the basic mixup and mentions oki a lot, but never even shows Testament laying down a net on a downed opponent. Was there suppose to be a part 2? Definitely room to expand. Testament is more then just combos, right? You can go in to general strategy and maybe lightly cover character-specifics strategies. Maybe even his pokes and footsies. If those subjects are too abstract, you can always go on blockstrings, simple frame-traps, and dissect Testament's Net Oki game. edit: oh, lol, there is a part 2. watchin More combos and gimmicks. Still haven't seen basic knockdown into net. AC-testament hasn't changed that much from pre-AC has he? Whoever made it can't seem to decide if he wants to teach Testament or if he wants show off Testament. And people wonder why outsiders call GG a combo-game. When we make tutorial videos, can we stay away from the flair and stick to the stable tech? Setting up the net oki, maybe some tick-throws and basic mindgames?

make a new one Matt. that one sucked to be perfectly honest.

i have recording shit if you want me to bring it next time i'm in cincy.

If you have stuff I can borrow, that's great, but if you don't, Kameron and a few other people around here have equipment that I can use, and it would be more convenient to set up a recording session with them than you, since they are closer. I also don't want to spend time recording when there are casuals to be had.

And thanks guys, it's kind of what I thought. Should I post the link to the part 2 as well or is it pretty obvious and easy to find from yootubb?

Should I post the link to the part 2 as well or is it pretty obvious and easy to find from yootubb?

HD videos so huge. Didn't scroll down to see the reply videos, didn't know there were reply videos to scroll down to. I eye'd it when it was doing the related vids at the end of the video.

^Thanks.

Just letting you guys know 2nd part is done:

Vimeo (original version): http://vimeo.com/12183995

Youtube (weeaboo version because of YT copyright nonsense): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC2O1-vDitQ

I don't care too much about the tutorial anymore, since I'm kinda done with fighting games and such. I may finish it off, may not. Though if I do finish it, I highly doubt I'll it together into a pro package unless I gain some magical editing skills or someone wants to do it for me.

Not really. Zinac said there was once a Faust tutorial up for Slash, but I wasn't able to find it. Marvel 3's been out for 2 weeks and there's already a tutorial for every character, but we can't get any love for Accent Core:(

Not really. Zinac said there was once a Faust tutorial up for Slash, but I wasn't able to find it. Marvel 3's been out for 2 weeks and there's already a tutorial for every character, but we can't get any love for Accent Core:(

Thanks for looking, I appreciate it.

Blame the laziest community ever, or a serious lack of equipment in the hands of people who are willing. :( I'm extremely guilty of the latter.

Blame the laziest community ever, or a serious lack of equipment in the hands of people who are willing. :( I'm extremely guilty of the latter.

Here. Here.

Is Trag still head Admin here? He's been uploading tons of Marvel videos lately. Maybe we can convince him to do some for GG at some point? Maybe get character experts to write the text and combos out and just have him record the stuff? Is there anyone else around with the equipment that we could coerce into helping out?