Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doragonkoroshi

Guilty Gear XX AC tutorial videos!

Well, I got the equipment, just not the skill...

Though soon I'll be living near a few gg players. if they agree I could record the magic.

Oh yeah forgot to mention that, if need be I'm a decent editor...

Hmmm I can try to show off some of Anji's stuff. All I currently have is a PSP and remotejoylite. If you guys like I can demonstrate some things but generally no slashback action.

Does anybody here love Millia enough to make a tutorial video for scrubs like me? :)

Does anybody here love Millia enough to make a tutorial video for scrubs like me? :)

How scrubby are you?

I'm no Millia pro but I do know my way around her.

I do have the tools to capture it but I have no experience in editing. Might take me a while too =P

I'd make one for sure, but right now I currently don't have a copy of the game nor a peripheral I can use... or any video capture equipment ... =(

I'll help out anyone who wants to make a millia how-to vid, though, in whatever way i can. It'd be nice to have one linked in the millia forums, my forums are so dead ;_;

Ichipoo: if you have questions about millia, I'd be glad to help out, just PM me.

Ok, so every 4 months or so this thread flares up with a little bit of activity, and always ends with nothing being done. I propose that somebody do something this time.

From reading the last couple posts, looks like Seku and blitz could colaborate on some Millia footage? Seku, if you get the video, I'm sure you could send it to somebody for post-production (editing, soundtrack, etc). If you know your way around Millia, you may not need that much help, but it would be good to double-check with blitz to make sure you have all the necessary things covered. If you look at the first post and there are no videos for other characters that you know, feel free to contribute there too.

aruren, there's already an Anji combo guide, but if you wanted to look at it and maybe go in a different route or explain things a little better or make it easier to digest, that would probably be cool. If your setup allows for you to do direct video and it doesn't look all ghetto or anything, there's no reason the psp version should make a difference.

Pestilence, make an I-no video. Nobody is going to stop you.

Yash, remember this once you get settled in. If we could get Chase to do a Faust tutorial that would be good.

Also, with AC being playable online now, there may be new people interested in learning, so don't feel like your work will go to waste.

Ok, so every 4 months or so this thread flares up with a little bit of activity, and always ends with nothing being done. I propose that somebody do something this time.

From reading the last couple posts, looks like Seku and blitz could colaborate on some Millia footage? Seku, if you get the video, I'm sure you could send it to somebody for post-production (editing, soundtrack, etc). If you know your way around Millia, you may not need that much help, but it would be good to double-check with blitz to make sure you have all the necessary things covered. If you look at the first post and there are no videos for other characters that you know, feel free to contribute there too.

aruren, there's already an Anji combo guide, but if you wanted to look at it and maybe go in a different route or explain things a little better or make it easier to digest, that would probably be cool. If your setup allows for you to do direct video and it doesn't look all ghetto or anything, there's no reason the psp version should make a difference.

Pestilence, make an I-no video. Nobody is going to stop you.

Yash, remember this once you get settled in. If we could get Chase to do a Faust tutorial that would be good.

Also, with AC being playable online now, there may be new people interested in learning, so don't feel like your work will go to waste.

I can't promise that I will do it soon enough, but I WILL do it ( I just need to learn/get the stuff to record using Hauppage on the PS2 >_> I can do it fine on the PS3 but I'm having problems on PS2 )

and I need to know some stuff about Millia's attacks that prorates. I'll message Blitz about those stuff.

Oh and I can work on Anji, he seems "easier" to make a tutorial for.

I have a question though. While making the tutorial, in the combo section, should I include some highly advanced combos or leave that for them ( people who watch it ) to look in combo videos?

I can't promise that I will do it soon enough, but I WILL do it ( I just need to learn/get the stuff to record using Hauppage on the PS2 >_> I can do it fine on the PS3 but I'm having problems on PS2 )

and I need to know some stuff about Millia's attacks that prorates. I'll message Blitz about those stuff.

Oh and I can work on Anji, he seems "easier" to make a tutorial for.

I have a question though. While making the tutorial, in the combo section, should I include some highly advanced combos or leave that for them ( people who watch it ) to look in combo videos?

Um, just do BnBs mostly. I mean, if they're practical and people use them, you can go for it. The rule I would go by is don't not show a combo just because it's too hard, but don't do it just because it is hard either. If it's max damage in a given situation, or gives knockdown where the standard combo wouldn't, or results in some kind of useful setup, those are good reasons to demonstrate a combo.

If you feel like doing Anji, that's fine, but be sure to watch the video that's already there and cover things that that video does not. However, as there is already something for Anji, if there's another character you can use your time and resources on that doesn't have any videos up yet, go for that one instead. The only reason I mentioned Anji is because Aruren volunteered and I didn't want him to feel like he shouldn't do it for one reason or another.

i tried recording some millia stuff today with the ps2 emulator + fraps and im getting some really weird color distortion...entire screen has blue a overtone and the characters color pallet is totally different...here is a screen shot

wmplayer201104011418443.jpg

i could record off the naomi emulator and get perfect color and full 60fps but there is no training mode so i can't get into useful setups in any practical fashion...blah

I can do a beginner's guide for Testament. Being a beginner myself, I can put in what I would want to know. Like Moveset, Mixup, Specials and Basic BNBs. And an explanation of what they're good for. Would that be okay?

I can do a beginner's guide for Testament. Being a beginner myself, I can put in what I would want to know. Like Moveset, Mixup, Specials and Basic BNBs. And an explanation of what they're good for. Would that be okay?

Be sure to peep the MDK tutorials and make sure you're contributing something that's not already done. I haven't watched it in a while, so I forget what's covered in it, but I will rewatch it soon and see if it's lacking anything. Don't have time just now. If you do decide to move forward with this though, I play Testament and can probably help.

I always had thoughts of doing a Venom tutorial for AC. Afaik nothing has been done for him since Jin Leonhart's #R tutorial. I figured the AC Venom vets would jump on that, but it doesn't seem like any of them frequent the forums anymore.

I do have recording equipment though...

Be sure to peep the MDK tutorials and make sure you're contributing something that's not already done. I haven't watched it in a while, so I forget what's covered in it, but I will rewatch it soon and see if it's lacking anything. Don't have time just now. If you do decide to move forward with this though, I play Testament and can probably help.

If I'm thinking of the video you're thinking of. I think he just covers all different combos and some tricks to get into them. I want to cover the moves, the specials and general tactics like Zeinest formations. And actual practical BnBs. The problem with his video is that most of the combos only work on Sol, Eddie and someone else.

hmmm if most or all chars have their specific tutorial vids already ( i know there are already some for others ) i think what would be a big boost would be to compile em all in a front page article as well as in this thread's front page i guess xD

All known tutorial videos are on the first post of this thread. There are actually quite a few characters that are not adequately covered, just Anji and Testament already have some stuff out there.

Spectrex that sounds fine.

DCL go for it. I think Venom help would be pretty good.

I'll get started with that tonight then and then get it done by the end of the week. Though I may just wait for the holidays and do it then. But I'll be done ASAP.

I'm most interested in Eddie tutorial videos. There are two button display videos on youtube which help a lot and I'd love to see more :D

Anyways, for me PCSX2 runs GGAC pretty solidly, should be good enough to record some stuff with. Maybe I'll try recording some Millia stuff when I get up to speed with her again (mostly played #R Millia, then they changed her plenty in Slash and then again in AC >_< ). I'm not really that good though, been out of the game for way too long :p