Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digital Watches

Cool hypotheticals for Axl.

Man, it's late at night and I'm tired of trying to hit every character with Raeisageki FRC, time for some theory fighter. If you could add one thing to Axl, what would it be? I don't mean like... "What should be in the next game" or anything like that. It could be game-breaking. Just something cool that you think would be fun or useful. Me? I'd add an FRC to 6H. It'd be right before the hit, and Axl would stay airborne, maintaining the slightly down-forward momentum of the end of the attack. It would make 6H safer, as you could just FRC chicken-block any attempt to beat it, and it would be great in terms of combos, and block strings, as it would add all kinds of crazy possibilities, such as 2H-->6H FRC low j.K, land, 5K, 2S, BnB. It could be used as an incredibly fast empty jump, putting you in throw range, or even to get some extra distance and airthrow near the ground. Yep. Super-epic. If you're lame/bored enough to come up with ideas like this, post here!

That would be really neat. Kinda reminds me when I was thinking how badass it would be if Johnny's Ensenga or 2H had an FRC. For Axl hmm...I know this is vague but I'd like Raieisageki(H) to be more useful. It's just too gimmicky for my tastes. They made Rashousen good in AC so I'd like Raieisageki(H) to have more use than just some gimmicky mixup or like running down the clock with 3 seconds left. One other thing would be his f.S being a little more combo friendly. The thing doesn't naturally chain into ANYTHING! Slow startup too. AHH! I only really use it to set up Raieisageki(S) or aim for a CH or something. PS Check your PMs if you didn't!

in #R I was like man...if they gave axl's pokes 2-hits...lol!!! and...man, if they would just make 623S have an FRC... hahaa =) but now that those have came true the only other things I would wish for are a 6H FRC, or to make bomber have 2 different angles (like inos dive) -Shag

Better use for far Slash, I want to be able to cancel it into a sweep. And for the looks, his super should have the rensen followup options! That would look neat and be handy(prevents them from dashing in after blocking the first part of the super)

I believe Axl had a 6H FRC in Isuka... not that it matters, though. I guess what I'd like Axl to have is his old bomber not as an FB, but as it was in Slash in addition to his new bomber. Sure the new bomber loop does more damage, but it just isn't as slick as the old one. Aside from that, Rasho Sen FRC so you can continue the combo after the throw. Kinda like the way his counter worked in Slash. This could link up for some devastating combos if used with his new bomber loop!

Aside from that, Rasho Sen FRC so you can continue the combo after the throw. Kinda like the way his counter worked in Slash. This could link up for some devastating combos if used with his new bomber loop!

Dude, halfscreen unblockable with a feint, plus an FRC into combo? TOO GOOD.

That being said, they should add it in immediately.

What I'd like is not a move property change, or a new move, or anything of that sort. :bad: It's a command change. And we already got for Axl EX. Still, it might be overpowered. Can you guess what it is? No? Rensen as a quarter-circle command. Maybe even a half-circle. In fact, how about 632146S? The same command for Chemical Love, and Rensen can't be better than THAT now can it? And if you say that's a worse command, ask an I-No player if he would rather have CL be charged or 632146, and I think he'll choose to have a practical command for TKing and for poking. I think the case for 632146S is strong, because Rensen is comparable to CL in may ways. First, they're both long range pokes, are central to their characters and are used a ton in combos, and they both even have an FRC. I would love that command, because I could easily do it in way under the Mandatory 30F charge time for Rensen. It would also stop noobs spamming it. And, because it no longer raises guard bar it wouldn't be insanely good pressure. Maybe do this for Rashousen too? Still probably overpowered, because Rensen would be a ridiculous poke.

- Auto-JI on 6H and 63214S - The follow ups after the Rensen should have a short time window in which they can be delayed - FRCs on the 214 catches right after the "counter frames" end (to make them safer on whiff; as they still wouldn't work during a rush and would still not be riskless I guess for 25% tension this should be ok. Would simply allow you to block again in some anti air situations or if they try to fake them out of you on longe range [like against Jams Puffball special / FB options]) - Kokugeki should launch higher if it hits a groundbased opponent (nevertheless they would still need to find a way so that you can't just combo without the FRC [like you can on CH]). I mean to get good damage from it you need to make it quite low to the ground so it needs specific setups to work and can't be utilized that good as a poking tool as the reward is i nmost cases just not worth the 25% tension even if you hit. This change would make it a much worthier tool. It still would costs you 25% tension and even with that changes would still not be too good as you can be air thrown out of it as the hitbox is kinda small and if they just block it you just wasted tension (if they are really afraid it will be gamebreaking let it prorate). It's such a flashy move and gives you new air to ground attack angles. I'd like to use it more outside of combos. - And actually I don't like that the rensen doesn't raise the guard gauge anymore. Finally Axl has enough tension to actually take use out if this they take it away. It would still not be that good as it would cost you lots of tension rasing the guard gauge that way and they have the chance to get easily rid of you with FD. - Furthermore they could give the 623P the back the slash hitbox. I can live with not getting the wallbounce except on CH but I shed a tear for that. .. and the Slash B-loop was so much cooler, I agree.. but the new bomber being the better tool gameplay wise I don't think I want to trade it back^^

-2HS being special-cancellable, GGX style, and keep the stagger intact. -f.S being comboable to either 5HS, 2D or Rensengeki.

Here's one I've been thinking about for a while (don't know if it's already been said): Since Axl now has two hit pokes with good stun-time on the second hit, it'd be nice if Axl could cancel from 5P to 6K. This would make comboing off throws a lot easier as well as make him able to combo from just about ANYWHERE (sheer brokenness!).

(4)6H

Lol, I forgot about Rashou @w@

I was thinking something more involved with his chains, maybe one the floor bounced the the enemy like his normal throw, only no (less?) Prorate. :V

Iunno, Axl is pretty good as it stands, not a whole lot I'd add on to him :3

FB Bomber is already kind of VV-esque, I mean he's fiery and flying up into the sky right? Speaking of VV, why is it a viper? Shouldn't it be some kind of animal that takes flight up into the sky in some seemingly invincible manner, and maybe(possibly) kicks downwards at the zenith of its ascent?