Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digital Watches

Cool hypotheticals for Axl.

I'm new to Axl, was a noob Sol. So my familiarity isn't quite there, but there are a few things I'd like to see change. 1) Chains without hitable boxes. 2) 63214S lifts opponent off the ground. FRC for an air combo. 3) 3P CH vacuums and more lift. 4) Rashou with FRC point as Axl raises his arms. 5) Rensen [8] followup vacuums and shorter recovery (safer if you wiffed somehow). Tech trap setup. 6) Bomber has a cleanhit property for infinite untechable time (something kind of like Slayer's j.qcb, qcb S for two hit sweet-spot) You'd have to play around a lot with relaunches and TKBombers. But you could almost get an infinite combo. 7) Benten->Bomber, Bomber has same recovery properties that FB Bomber has. (Broken for Bomber loop anywhere you could hit Benten, for no tension!) 8) Overdrive where Axl somersaults swinging his chains, slams them, and pulls them back in (2H range). Overhead, causes vacuum and launch. Invincible after he leaves the ground until he starts to pulls back the chains. Untechable on air hit. Gattlings from normals like Rensen. Flash for a nice reward. (Would have to prorate tons not to be too broken) 9) Something to match j.6P in range for a followup long range air-to-air. That's all I can think of for right now. I like how Axl plays in AC a lot better. But there's still plenty out there to alter to make Axl's game more deadly.

I'm new to Axl, was a noob Sol. So my familiarity isn't quite there, but there are a few things I'd like to see change.

1) Chains without hitable boxes.

Are you MAD? Then he could just throw his normals out all day. Awesome if you play Order-Sol and I-no.:vbang:

Here's what I would like:

1.6HS actually combos and staggers on hit. Increase stagger on CH. Instantly airborne.

2.New move where Axl can send out both chains as a normal attack for better zoning. Command 236D.

3.Being able to combo from air throw.

4.Change to 6P. 3F startup and throw invincible.

This Topic basically amounts to things They SHOULDN'T do with Axl. Anyway. 4P/1P Either or. Give him like a 5 frame close normal that isn't death on block. Or a Faster Jump. Either of those would solve most of his weaknesses.

Alright, then. 1. 9-frame startup on Axl Bomber, to match that of FB Bomber. 2. Also maybe 5 frames of invulnerability and 9 of throw invulnerability. 3. FB Bomber requires the opponent to faultless it in the air. 4. Shiranami no Homura with only the fire spin but with two extensions, one doing the current ending and the other doing the EX ending. With no lag at the end if neither extension is done. And the fire spin should only take as long as Bentengari. 5. Rensengeki increases the opponent's guard bar. 6. Both Tenhouseki look the same and catch the entire time. 7. A Tenhouseki S which catches throws. Somehow. Also it reflects projectiles even though the animation totally isn't suited for that

Damn, he's responded too quickly for me to edit in it reflecting projectiles...

Alright, then.

1. 9-frame startup on Axl Bomber, to match that of FB Bomber.

3. FB Bomber requires the opponent to faultless it in the air.

5. Rensengeki increases the opponent's guard bar.

I would settle for these three. That being said:

7. A Tenhouseki S which catches throws. Somehow. Also it reflects projectiles even though the animation totally isn't suited for that

BROKE AS HELL, but needs to happen IMMEDIATELY.:yaaay:

Axl having a quick "jab-like" normal would be awesome! Also, he should get his 4P back from GGX. If I'm not mistaken, it was the same animation as 5P, but it only went half way across the screen. That would make for some mind games and stuff. Maybe against the characters who are too small to get hit by 5p. If they see 4p, they may start to run in to punish. But WHOOPS! And ya get em with something good... like... a quick "jab-like" normal. And he needs a backdash like Potemkin!

a directly above the head anti air, since it's his only blind spot in the event they make it to that position.. (chip teleport for example) Maybe a new 6p that covers more vertical space. as everyone said - quicker low punch move like a 1p.. akin to 'Sims down back normals in ST. maybe an S bomber with fast start up.. but more recovery.. harder to react to as a low TK bomber, but you need RC to continue into the loop. You become a lot more threatening in corner pressure once you hit 50%. But mantain the tensionless, but more reaction-able tk H bomber.

An FRC on Axl's 6+HS. 3 choices : 1) An early -> for a feint 2) On hit -> for a combo ! (wow ! jump installed, it would be his best move on okizeme) 3) After -> for a "safe" recovery... I'd rather giving him the 2) ^^

An FRC on Axl's 6+HS. 3 choices :

1) An early -> for a feint

2) On hit -> for a combo ! (wow ! jump installed, it would be his best move on okizeme)

3) After -> for a "safe" recovery...

I'd rather giving him the 2) ^^

Why settle for 2 when you can have 1 AND 2 (A la 63214S FRC)

Likin some of these ideas. i think a quick jab and maybe a ranged move that doesn't go as far, trading range for recovery, is all he really needs. as to whether the jab is standin or not, well...

a P8, a chain that goes up or extensions to any normal where he extends the chain for example with 2P he could be able to do another one with his other sickle and a "Get Over Here" move ala Scorpion. And Axl old clothes from GG, hehe

As my playstyle has matured, so has my Axl Wishlist. Some of these things you've seen before. Whatever.

1. 9-frame Axl Bomber.

2. 9-frame 6K.

3. 4-frame 5K.

4. Fully invulnerable Bentengari S and Bentengari H.

5. Rensengeki raising guard bar.

As my playstyle has matured, so has my Axl Wishlist. Some of these things you've seen before. I steal things from awesome people like Darago.

1. 9-frame Axl B0mber. (I stole this from Darago)

2. 9-frame 6K.

3. 4-frame 5K.

4. Fully invulnerable Bentengari S and Bentengari H.

5. Rensengeki raising guard bar.

Fixed your post for you.