Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedBeard

General Johnny Questions

i have really... but really dumb question.

why i have trouble to connect j.s dj j.s? sometimes i hit and sometimes comp tech (training mode)

any basic tips?

To success easily this connection, you can imput the double jump in buffer during the jS. ;)

Also, it helps if you connect the j.s even to their body or underneath to ensure that the JC j.s doesn't whiff.

Hmm, I can't perform the Throw -> KSH (land), KPKDE Enkasu in PO especifically landing the second jump first j.K... Also, KJ FRC, j.HS, j.D, land, air combo works the same way? I can't get at all... Is there any advice on doing these? (Crimison disaster, thanks for the previous help!!)

the correct combo is: corner Throw, j.K-S-H-D, land, j.K-P-K-D>E

You want to delay the D, after the j.HS, as long as possible. That way Potemkin is low enough for a jumping kick to connect.

Here's what it should look like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFlPQEHcQSY

Same idea with KJ(frc), HS, land, j.Aircombo

WTF so that's the problem why i can't cancel thats move from reload >.< until now. Thanks 4r5 and Mitsurugi. Another question. I start combo from K,S,HS,236K(lv2),dash,6HS,Jackhound,K,S then to connect j.k,j.s,... is very difficult, where is wrong with my combo? and any tips to do combo less dmg with jackhound?

Your combo is fine. Some chars you have to be closer to do this combo. If you want a less damaging combo and you got 25% to spare. ..., 236K(Lv2), coin, Jackhound, Mist. Leaves you at level 2 with a knockdown and mist.

Thanks again 4r5! ba_roto, there's also a version of your combo that works on everyone (but, the 2P proration rips some damage off): K,S,HS,236K(lv2),dash,6HS,Jackhound, 2P, c.S, JC, j.P... Also, adding to 4r5 post, and if you have coins to spare, these works too (leaves you at lv3): ..., 236K(lv2), coin, coin, JH, Mist ..., 236K(lv2), coin, coin, JH, c.S, JC, j.P.... ..., 236K(lv2), coin, coin, JH, c.S, JC, Enkasu combo, Mist

I start combo from K,S,HS,236K(lv2),dash,6HS,Jackhound,K,S then to connect j.k,j.s,... is very difficult, where is wrong with my combo? and any tips to do combo less dmg with jackhound?

You can do :

K > S > HS > MF-K(lv2) > dash > 6HS > Coin > MF-P (lvl2) > Jump S > JC > jS > jHS > KJ FRC > jS > jC > ...

The air juggle depend of the weight of the opponent but it's not hard to see what combo to use.

Otherwise : K > S > HS > MF-K(lv2) > dash > coin > 6HS > MC~Jck > S© > HS > MC~Jck > Bacchus > Trap

Or : K > S > HS > MF-K(lv2) > Coin > IAD KJ FRC > jK > jS > jD > Ens (1hit)

Or : K > S > HS > MF-K(lv2) > Dash > 6HS > Instant KJ FRC (21478S) > jhS > jD > Land > Dash > jK > jS > jD > Ens (1 hit)

Good training;)

Thanks again 4r5! Thanks waraboushi and camo. @camo That's all combo is to hard for me T_T. I just can do to sol this: K,S,H,MF-K(lv2),dash,6HS,Jack hound,2P,S,j.K,j.S,j.D, Ensenga. Maybe you can give me more specific who's the opponent to do that combo. I do 6HS,Instant KJ FRC never connected>.< More tips plz Oh yeah one more question for all Better use arcade stick or gamepad when play johnny?

Maybe you can give me more specific who's the opponent to do that combo.

I do 6HS,Instant KJ FRC never connected>.<

More tips plz

In fact, 6HS > Instant KJ may pass on all Char but the timing is different according to the weight.

You have to way to perform the Instant Ky

1st : Put a Jump Install in the 6HS

ex : K > S > HS > MF-K(lv2) > Dash > 6HS~8 > Delay (Fast)> 214 S FRC > Delay > HS > D > Land ...

You can also JI with the 9 direction (Maybe better)

2nd : Make the KJ in auto- JI

ex: K > S > HS > MF-K(lv2) > Dash > 6HS > 2147 S FRC > Delay > HS > D > Land ...

I do my auto-JI doing 21478 and not 2147 because Johnny don't move back with the 8 direction. If you stop the input at 7, Johnny move back a little and it's harder to combot.

Oh yeah one more question for all

Better use arcade stick or gamepad when play johnny?

Stick of course :keke:

(Sorry for my poor english :P)

Camo > Those are two different ways of Jump Canceling in this 6H > KJ combo, not Jump Installing. ;)

In fact, it is Tiger Kneeing / doing Instant KJ from a JCable normal.

Ba_Roto > Just try a stick. Even if you don't manage to play correctly the first time, at least you'll know if you like this feeling or not. I had to use the pad for some time before buying an arcade stick, even though I knew from the beginning I'm a stick user (used to play on arcade cabinet and on Neo Geo).

If you get one, don't get desperate at the beginning as you may whiff many of your moves. The learning curve can range from few weeks to few several months in order to get accustomed to arcade stick.

My humble opinion would be to use an arcade stick, not only for the arcade sake, (easier) ability to press several buttons at the same time and many others, but also, and mainly because I like playing on it. Honestly, that is just personal feeling, do as you wish, as long as you feel comfortable. Some people play on pad and still have a really good level.

Hell, if you want and manage to play GG at a good level with a guitar hero controller coupled with a DDR device, do it and screw the others, whatever they think. :v:

EDIT : as for Johnny specifically, well... except that you can't use the FRC button to get the FRC on DBT (it can only be PKH) and maybe for Wave Dashing / recover faster from stagger state, playing pad or stick is no different question than for other chars IMO.

Except Eddie, since he attacks with little Eddie by releasing buttons, making it harder for pad users.

hey guys... is there any setup beside the one-hit, mist, k finer (lvl2) setup to get the corner combo working? i am talking about the new 6h, kjfrc, hs d, wall bounce combo... is it also character specific? i can get the 6h to land after the mist finer but i cant seem to finish the combo on pot... like after the 6h > kjfrc i am push back to the point where only a j.hs will combo. thanks,

Thanks camo for your tips. Today i get the timing to do 6HS>Instant KJ FRC. I do my auto-JC doing 963214 this is very works with me. @Mitsurugi Maybe hell if you play GG play Johnny with 1 hand(right). I has seen who's play Potemkin with only right hand in arcade from you tube. Yes or not i must play in stick but i play in stick make me sad and sometime happy(many sad when i play with my friend cause usually play with game pad your skill 100% but in stick 50-75%). Because now my fav char johnny and his move like Free jack hound and instant KJ FRC is difficult when i use game pad so i must more training in stick. WHY INDONESIA NOT HAVE ONE ARCADE GG AC?T_T(if have it's better training in arcade and my opponent must stick too^^) Thanks for all tips

ok so i was watching this CV( another world - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSvxyrgpNVU) and I was wondering if this cheesy combo at ~2:18 works on all char and not just chip.

Start w/ lvl2 (lvl 3?) MF, 6HS,MC,6HS, MSJH, S, 6HS, MSJH, S, 6HS, JH ->Return Jack.

1)Better players will obviously know to mash lvl 2 stagger, so wouldn't 5K be better since it gives lvl 3 stagger?

2)Huge waste of meter, but it dizzies chip and thus you can technically 1-combo kill him. So for other char, how much dmg would replacing a MF-S somewhere follow up combo do?

btw, the combo is: Level 2 MF and 100% tension, on crouching, CH 6HS>MC, 6HS>MSDJH, f.S-6HS>MSDJH, f.S-6HS>MSDJH>RJ A MistStance Dash JackHound (not a MistStanced JH) guarantees a f.S. Don't see why it wouldn't work on anyone. I guess some of the larger chars might fudge up your far slash and give you a close slash. But I guess then you could just sub it out and go straight for the 6HS (which would have to be mashed at lvl3 to escape) Huge hits, and no proration, comprise the entirety of the combo, so it's going to do big damage and big dizzy damage on anyone. If you don't think it will dizzy, then you can forgo one of the JH's and save it to FRC a mist after the RJ.

Umm I'm REALLY new lol. I would just leave it at that but then i'd sound like an idiot, so I guess i should say i have read most of this forum on Johnny and the only thing i have yet to see is the actual input for Ensenga/Enkasu. I see the terms being used pretty loosely so i'm thinking it's staple, but I'm completely new to the game. If anyone wants to just answer what the input for Ensenga/Enkasu is for me then that would help me out alot and hopefully Redbeard can finsh his guide soon and then i'd be good on my own.

Hey not really much of a how to play Johnny question but could someone list some of the best AC Johnny players in the world. I've started picking him up because he is really fun to play as and wanted to watch some videos so I figured why not the best.

Ensegna / Enkasu is his air fire move. the motion is 41236HS 1 hit ensegna/enkasu is when you get only the first hit of the move to connect. That way they cannot tech. Its pretty annoying to get the 1 hit but well worth the effort. As for the best Johnny player.. I think almost everyone would agree BLEED is the best.

BLEED does the best at competitive level and seems to have what it takes to play like that. Other notables are Omito (he just wins without doing anything real flashy, very smart player), Matsushin (one of the most creative and smart players IMO, WHERE DID YOU GO), Suzume (craziest in game execution), and Kabegiwa no DC (unreliable haha but really good!)

does 2HS have enough active frames to beat out a slayer "dashing" in to grab during your wakeup? also, does it, or any other move hit in a 360 around johnny for when slayer tries to teleport to the other side of you or pilebunker around you. (again on wakeup)

When Slayer teleports to grab you, if you're looking for it, you can actually move before him. Which means, you can throw him first and stuff. If you want to attack him, you have to time your move after the dash so you turn around. The best move for stuff like this would be 2p because even if you whiff you can do another one very quick.

Ensegna / Enkasu is his air fire move. the motion is 41236HS

1 hit ensegna/enkasu is when you get only the first hit of the move to connect. That way they cannot tech.

Its pretty annoying to get the 1 hit but well worth the effort.

As for the best Johnny player.. I think almost everyone would agree BLEED is the best.

OK there are a few videos i've been watching as i write this and i have a few questions that can probably be answered by some of you vets.

1. In this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT-zNR7ydCU, at 02:54 Johnny does something that looks like MSF but his oppenent seems to be nailed to the floor waiting on the coin to hit. What exactly is that? And if it is a version of MSF then why didn't it do multiple hits since he coined his oppenent?

2. In the same video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT-zNR7ydCU, at 1:55 Johnny does something that knocks his oppenent in the air and towards him. What is that, i'm assumings it's different from whatever he was doing at 2:55 that had his opponent waiting to catch a coin like a begger.

There will be a few more questions but i'm late for class so stay tuned lol.