Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zero000

[CS2] Ragna LET'S GET DUMB.TXT

SORTA OUTDATED most of the stuff still works though. i'll get this OP updated soon enough

too bad im too lazy

Most of these some of you probably know. I thought I made most of these up, but I looked at a old Kaqn match vid he's pretty much using almost all of these

LETS GET DUMB

j.c j.d (whiff) throw/TK GH/a low poke

The idea behind this one is that when you jump up and do a jump c as you're coming down and they block it, you press j.d. J.d does not come out since of the great startup time it has (i've been hit out of a air "blockstring" when people mashed As), so you'll just hear Ragna yell alot, but you're already back on the ground. This probably won't work as much unless you train them to block the J.D after a J.C

During any ID combo, do the 236C finisher, land, jump up again and try for a air grab

Usually rarely works, but you gotta do it once in a while.

GH rapid GH/low

If they blocked your GH attempt, rapid that shit and either land and start doing your normal pressure or fuckit do it again.

any poke RAPID TK GH/6b/a low

Since Ragna has really obvious block strings, just rapid ANY button you do and go for a high or low. A good one can be 5b 5c (on block) RAPID 6B/2b/whatever since the other guy (should) know that once you do a 5c, your options are really limited from a special/2c/3c/a D. It just keeps them on their feet

another dumb one is 6B (on block) RAPID 6B

you gotta be damn gutsy to do this one cause 6b sucks ass

GH follow up-RAPID-air GH follow up

This falls under that GH RAPID thing I mentioned above, the follow up just adds more time for them to "react." Little do they know is that you might just DO IT AGAIN :cool:

bootleg noel jabs

5a/2a (as many as you want), pause kara throw

Ragna gets no frame advantage off his jabs, but you can constantly combo your jabs. Meaning you can add in some awkward timing in between your jabs to get them to do a move. If you do manage to land a 2a, go into 2b 3c and 22c just to reset and get good damage from the shitty proration. Unless you're mid screen you can try for the dual MOJZ whateveritscalled.

kara throw works pretty good sometimes and you usually can break their option select if you time the jabs and the karathrow at different times. If you don't know about the kara throw, here you go.

here are some examples for that karathrow

2a, 2b, 6d J.D (whiff) karathrow

the BnB that every Ragna player love, slightly altered. 5b 5c HF Rapid 6D J.D (WHIFF) into karathrow, a low, a high. If you've been doing that BnB alot and people are used to seeing it. Just try it once, see what happens. You take a huge risk for getting a reset though cause you may lose out on the damage you could of dealt.

or try your luck with mixups

some MIXUPS

2a, 2b (hit), 6b, 5c 6c etc etc etc

just to be a dick and hit them with the overhead so you get that reset and try for a higher damaging combo

2a, 3c TK GH

This has been mentioned before, jump cancel that 3c

2a, 6c

never works

2a. pause TK GH

2a, pause, kara throw

mentioned above sorta

FRAMETRAPS

5A,2A>6A

2B>6A,5D

Rarely used them, rarely works. In theory, the 6a's upper body invulnerability will keep you safe. IN THEORY.

purple throw things

GH RAPID grab

during a aerial combo, jc jd (JC) grab

I rarely use these cause they're just purple throws. I bet you guys have more setups than this

Blood Kain

The gimmick of Ragna, one hit you land can end in a combo that does about 3000-5500 damage. Go look at the Blood Kain thread for good stuff during Blood Kain.

But whenever you think they're going to do a move with a semi long recovery, do a yomi Blood kain and try to punish that shit. Some moves are dumb and will still hit you even if you see the animation so you still can block, but the idea is that you have like 0-2 frames to put in a DP or even better a CS. Then apply that pressure to get that one hit. Really, Ragna's life isn't a issue since you know you're going to die anytime you get hit, so going into Blood Kain isn't a bad thing. It adds that pseudo-pressure on to the other guy, making the guy scared hopefully.

It's really good at baiting bursts and do remember that if you get them in your J.d loops and they burst. You always can just jump cancel a J.d and block that burst, just go back into the Dloops once they land.

People rarely expect 2 Blood kains in a round so make sure that you're watching your meter and you hopefully can get them with another yomi Blood Kain. You usually get enough meter to do another one if you're almost dead or you did a big combo during your first BK.

Astral Heats

Really. Just block Ragna's AH, that's all there is to it.

But some people might not know that and you set them up in a situation to panic.

During that bootleg 2a spam ASTRAL.

A counter hit Hell's fang ASTRAL. I like this one alot because they need to tech out of Hell's fang. While mashing to tech out, they might accidentally press a button and get hit by Ragna

Or whenever you think they're gonna jump, or when they jump. It might just catch them

Offensive Burst

Who the hell does this.

EXACTLY, I've said many times that Ragna's health is irrelevant since you just die. Why not do a offensive burst. Just know that Offensive Burst can't kill them.

But you could do the gimmicks of gimmicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5av0cy61IE#t=1m25s :cool:

Do a jab to hit them out of that stun, either karathrow, DP, or BK afterwards and hope you made the right decision.

Hell's Fang

You guys probably know all about this, hell's fang like -2 or -1 on block. SOMETHING. You can do the follow up ASAP to catch them trying to punish your HF since it is oh so very punishable. Or you can delay it a bit and try to punish them from punishing you, giving them that sense of security (loses to jabs/mashing). You can not do the follow up and throw them/DP them/block/Blood kain/2a jab. Or rapid after the follow up and make it safe and continue pressure

DP

DP whenever you think they're going to do a move, try to make them scared of Ragna's DPs (Why would you ever be scared of his DP, it only does 1800-2000 some damage, it's so shitty). Another good situation is when you're in the air, do a DP before you land. It really catches people off guard. Works good when you got air combo'd and you teched in the air.

or DP RAPID wait a bit DP/BK/whatever you know the drill.

Character Specific

If litchi is doing her BnB with the one that ends with her DP, burst before she does her DP and punish her. The idea here is that when you burst, your burst doesn't hit Litchi since she's invulnerable during her DP, but you recover before she does.

uhhhhh that's all i got for specific characters, i don't play this game much

FINAL NOTE

THESE ARE UNRELIABLE GIMMICKS, the whole idea is to use them when they never expect it. Everything here loses to 4+A+B+C option select barrier/throw and 5A/2a/any other move that's good so what I wrote was all pointless.

Welp. I guess feel free to add more if you have anything else.

THESE ARE UNRELIABLE GIMMICKS, the whole idea is to use them when they never expect it. Everything here loses to 4+A+B+C option select barrier/throw and 5A/2a/any other move that's good so what I wrote was all pointless.

So why would you even think that....

I can't even begin...

I used the offensive burst before reading this and I have to say it works wonders. Whenever your opponent has 5-10% left and you want to be a jerk counter his attacks with a burst and then follow it up with CS. If in a corner and has one pixel left, after bouncing off the wall mash 5A. Makes me LOL every time. One of the dumb things I do is that sometimes in the start of the round I high jump and do a cross up j.c. Again works wonders =)

As much of a trainwreck as the opening post is, I do quite like the idea of a gimmicks and shenanigans thread. Shenanigans make the world go round, as we all know. If you don't like Zero000's content, then simply post suggested changes or better shenanigans instead of using single emoticon responses. Stuff like VR-Raiden's 5D (DC), j.A, tech, air throw would feel right at home here, I would think.

I suppose you're right, this can be a gimmick/mix up thread. My apologies, I was just speechless about some of the things said in the first post...-_- but whatever, I'll contribute. Here's some random mix ups/gimmicks I use. The 5D (DC) > j.A air throw tech trap: whatever > 5D (DC) > j.A (they neutral tech) > airthrow whatever > 5D (DC) > j.A (they back tech) (JC forward) > air throw whatever > 5D (DC) > j.A (they forward tech) (JC straight up) > air throw In corner: whatever > 5D (DC) > j.A (they forward tech/back tech) (JC straight up) > air throw GH (optional followup) blocked (RC): > (RC) > air dash j.C > j.D...- overhead. > 2B... - low. 6D > j.D blocked: > air GH - overhead. > 2B - low. HF(1) blocked (RC): > 6C/3C/2B - low. A lot of people tend to block HF high and get hit by this. > 6D > j.D stuff > 6B 6C blocked: > cancel to 6D. - this sounds stupid but it's surprised me how much this works. Everyone wants to attack after blocking 6C cause it's unsafe if you don't DC, and if you do you're at disadvantage. I can't even count the number of CH 6D's I've gotten after a blocked 6C. 3C blocked far: airdash (cross over) > j.C > 5C... - "cross up" of sorts. airdash (cross over) > j.D > air GH... Something random that will only work on stupid people: Dead Spike from full screen away > they air dash > you anti air. Just something silly to do when you're messing around with someone :P

5A,5A,5A,623C. no follow-ups. My roommate does this to me and im like,This aint SFIV, goddammit....And then he responds with "Fuck you, Im Ragna, I can do whatever I want!"

Full screen Hell's fang (whiff) into follow up is being tested. Doesn't need to be full screen, just enough so hell's fang whiffs. Let's see what happens.

Full screen Hell's fang (whiff) into follow up is being tested.

Doesn't need to be full screen, just enough so hell's fang whiffs. Let's see what happens.

I had this happen to me a couple times in one match, went into ID after the whiff and it worked every time. Probably only cause the guy I was playing was an idiot though.

Well the thing about the whiff is that once you do Hell's fang and immediately do the follow up, Ragna kinda plants his feet and does the follow up. His forward momentum stops and a pretty big (probably better then deaduspiku) hitbox comes out forward. Regardless, it'll only work like twice and you really should have meter to rapid that follow up if it doesn't land. Edit: really pays off in Blood Kain, especially if you get a counter hit

whooo hooo. Got back from SB4, tested the run up, pretend to 2a mixup/grab. Simply just stand there for a bit and watch them option select their barrier and then grab/kara grab them. It works! It either will A. mess up their OS and you'll get a counter throw, or B. have their throw tech timing all messed up so they can't tech the throw. only works like 3 times then mix it up with (stand there, DP). try it

Well popped in Blazblue again. NEWWW STUFF (also not letting this thread die)

I just noticed that you can combo off of a offensive burst. So here's some stuff I found.

in corner

Off. burst, 6c, wait a bit, GH delay, 5B, 6A, 5D 22C 5b if you REALLY want that last hit, go for oki.

4072 on Ragna.

Gonna mess with this offensive burst more

Off burst, Carnage scissors, 5b, 6a j.c j.d j.c j.d DID

3872 damage

works anywhere on the screen! Except when CS might hit in the corner. Carnages scissors hates the corner. I bet you can do a better combo from this. And also I bet there is a awesome Blood Kain combo from CS that you can do.

Off I go to find out

Invincible move into another invincible move. I like it. No meter to rapid it though, but they're about to die anyways if you are able to do a Astral. GO FOR IT

A fun gimmick I use is HF -> 214D -> RC -> HF -> 214D -> RC -> HF -> 214D. It's funny because on low health it can kill them just via chip damage if they've bursted already. Also you can mix up the gimmick (lol) by sometimes doing 214D, 214D, and then delaying your 214D.

I suppose this is actually less of a gimmick than most, but it's something I tend to do that I've noticed other Ragna's do in matches recently. After connecting with a 623C/D -> 236C -> 214C (214D in Continuum Shift) that puts the opponent into the corner, do a falling j.B to catch them out of a forward tech. It works every goddamn time. Some even forget to tech afterwards so you get a free combo out of it. Edit: It's even endorsed by kaqn!

Yeah I like using j.B after falling from the 214C too, seems to be most reliable for hitting them if they roll too early. I've landed air throws after it hits too, it sets up pretty nicely. Oh and this is fun, nobody would ever be this dumb, but if they just forward roll immediately over and over you can do ID > 214C ender, falling j.B > ID > 214C ender endlessly lol

That would be hilarious, but I don't think Ragna would fix his direction after the j.B if it crossed them up.

That would be hilarious, but I don't think Ragna would fix his direction after the j.B if it crossed them up.

That's true, it only works til you get to the corner.

I do this every time just because the DP knockdown leaves you at a terrible position to continue pressure. Or I just do the not-knockdown ender for the DP and chase after them at the cost of some damage. also holy shit, people postin in my thread