Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zero000

[CS2] Ragna LET'S GET DUMB.TXT

So I'm pretty sure that this is just being an idiot more than it is being a gimmick, but I've done this in ranked and I can't help but wonder how my opponent felt. Opponent bursted, you have 95-100% heat. 6A -> jc -> j.C -> jc -> j.C -> ID(D) -> 236C -> RC -> ID(D) -> 236C -> RC -> ID(D) -> 236C -> 214C. You're out of screen so far up it's ridiculous. It also amplies (observationally) the speed of which your opponent just flies down. Usually it'll kill em if they've bursted and you have 100 heat, but in a weird case it doesn't, it's worth losing the match imo. (In ranked, not a tourney) But yeah, your opponent will go :vbang:

Hmm a revival of this thread. After playing this new game for about 1.5 months now, there's pretty much no need for this stuff anymore :( A shame really, a solid Ragna is scary as is

Hmm. Hell's fang (whiff) into follow up is still great to catch people trying to run away

oh yeah I forgot to write that one down. Another good one from that is whiff 5a like 3 or 4 times and do a DP. People sitting down will get anxious after noticing that your block string "ended" and now sees you whiffing stuff.

a really good combo to hit people with is TK BE, 5B, 3C 22C, TK BE, 5B 3C 22C. This works on people who've never seen Belial Edge/ Dont know how easy it is to punish it for TKing it.

BE doesn't combo into anything. You're at minus frames when you land. Even on hit, you still can't combo anything into it unless you rapid.

you can combo into 5A on counter :o

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it shouldn't matter if it was a counter hit or not considering the move is multiple hits. Unless you mean only hit the last hit of it is counter (if that's even possible) or the move fatal counters (which it doesn't?).

I wonder if that combo in that vid is corner only, and/or Tager only. Or if the height you start BE matters. cause that wasn't the lowest possible, was it? Though theoretically, if you did dash 5A the first instant possible, wouldn't it make character and position not matter? Someone should confirm this stuff.

And for someone who can actually test it or already knows, does TK BE hit fast enough to be any good for avoiding throws? If not normal throws, command grabs like Tager/Bang's maybe? Also I assume it would jump lows immediately, thus having low invul. Just thinking it might be nice to have something for that that wasn't unsafe on block like TK GH.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it shouldn't matter if it was a counter hit or not considering the move is multiple hits.

I heard that when you CH with a multi-hitting move in CS, the CH hitstun carries over to the rest of the hits.

But yeah, someone can confirm? It's not in the System Guide, I know that much.

I believe there was a system change in BBCS that allowed a counter hit on a multi hit move (like BE or Noels jC and 2C) to carry until the end of the move. That way CH on such moves isn't useless. I saw Kaqn combo of CH BE against Tager from the top his jump, not sure if it's character specific or even useful. Edit: Kain you beat me to it...

only carries for multihit moves that hit in rapid succession. like jins 5B CH wont connect into 6C after both hits :( Berial can be combod though. the height shouldnt matter theoretically speaking other than landing that 5A link

Ohh, didn't know that, neat. wait, is that even new? I just realized Nu's CH 2C or CH 6C was like that in CT. anyway, still curious to know if TK BE hits fast enough to punish a throw attempt, preferably for a CH.

Ohh, didn't know that, neat.

wait, is that even new? I just realized Nu's CH 2C or CH 6C was like that in CT.

anyway, still curious to know if TK BE hits fast enough to punish a throw attempt, preferably for a CH.

It wasn't like that in CT.

Nu's 2C and 6C had a "float" on CH property, so that on CH it would mimic the air hit properties instead.

In celebration of a new Blazblue, shitty buffs, great nerfs for Rags. Here's a list of dumb shit that I've collected in a .txt file

those shitty buffs made him top tier

Ragna is very powerful in CS I tried him

But yeah, TK BE isn't really that great Since you can block it low, and the start up on is kinda slow. It's just a funny move to throw out. It's pretty easy to hit ragna out of TK BE when he's starting up. BE is still a good move to maneuver around the stage though since it brings you to the ground really fast and can get you out of corner situations sometimes. I forgot to try out counter hit BE into 5a (that was me posting as 4r5), but I have a feeling it's very character specific because that 5a hit pretty far away. I know that if you get a counter hit with BE and they are in the air, you get that BE bounce and you can do any combo after that

Well I managed to answer my own question, TK BE can dodge a throw for a CH. Just throwing the idea out there, it could possibly be an option after Tager's pick up thing. But yeah the 5A after CH BE seems to only work on Tager, and only if it hits him standing. He doesn't need to be in corner. Unless you can dash 5A in time it looks like it's Tager only.

I get a funny feeling that you can get collidered if you try to do that after gadget finger. It might be a funny choice, since it'll probably beat 360s or 720s (!!! you might get sucked in if he holds it down), that backdash catching move (6c i think) where he does that long overhead. might get a counter hit off of that. He can just block and you are kinda in a shitty position though, it's safe, but ehhhhhhhhh it's tager.

Reviving this thread from the dead.

Get hype for CS gimmicks

... once i get my (cousin's) ps3 back

I went in training yesterday, trying to find some useful cross-under set ups. I'd seen other characters do them rarely but never tried any with Ragna. I found one that may be useful, you can start a midscreen double 22C combo (5B, 3C, 22C, 5B, ID(D) > 236C > 236C, 22C) but don't finish with the 22C, so if they neutral tech when they hit the ground you can running 2A to slide under with proper timing. Or you can choose to slightly alter your timing so you don't cross under. It might be one of the more useful ways to set it up cause you still get decent damage before starting it. I'm still experimenting with it in matches.

speaking of CT, by the way.