Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zero000

[CS2] Ragna LET'S GET DUMB.TXT

OK lets get this ball rollin. Funny stuff i picked up at the arcade/from before but never wrote it down

1. a late TK gauntlet hades crosses up Tager (let Ragna jump a bit and then Gauntlet Hades)

Belial edge performed lower than the other character will make them tech near the ground and force a crossup, pretty nice for setting up a mid/low reset.

That reminds me

Good notes to know while using ragna/playing against ragna. It's pretty important to realize if the belial edge is going to make you bounce off the floor. You can tell if you will/will not by looking at your character positioning in the air. What seperates a good ragna player from a mediocre one (in CS) is knowing how to position yourself perfectly to get that bounce every time. I now punish other ragna players for fucking up the belial edge combo drop with a neutral tech DP since they probably pressed 5D by the time they landed.

but oh man there is alot of funny resets and stuff that you can get from belial edge. Here's one, if you know that the other guy isn't mashing tech and letting you do your combo, purposely delay your 6D-j.D so they hit the floor and you drop your combo. You get a 22c when you finish your belial edge combo. I guess a counter to that (if they're mashing tech really hard) is to air throw them and get a purple X throw (which still confuses me to this day).

Ragna also get's random blue beats sometimes when he does belial edge, I don't get it but you somehow got a knockdown in there so you can do a 22c afterwards.

You guys probably seen this all over all the combo videos out there

VS Hazama, If you didn't press any buttons when he supered and you're recovering from a move? Buffer blood kain/DP every time that super flash happens and fatal combo his ass. Bait Hazamas into supering you by just doing the worst slowest blockstrings, just make sure you don't get hit in between.

Street fighter 4 option selects????

whenever you land a bnb that ends with some sort of DP+214D, press j.b as you're falling and buffer 623C. It catches front roll and if the j.b doesn't hit, you just land in front of them without doing a DP. If it does hit, the CID comes out and then you can rapid cancel (you probably have 50% from the combo you just did if you're doing some sort of DID bnb ender) and do a long combo to the other side that gives you another 50%.

I think falling j.c catches backroll, but i'm not too sure how it works. This really trains them to neutral tech or try to do a late/early roll tech

Long combo: falling j.b, 623C (RC), (note you are now facing the other side) 214B, delay 214D, dash 5b 6a hjc/jc (depends how high they are) j.C jc j.C 214C dash 6D J.D jc j.C 214C 5D 623D followups.

really the air combo depends on what kind of oki/meter you want. Up to you

I didn't really spend that much time dabbling around with that combo, there might be something better

I just tested it. It works on everybody, the jB is iffy on Tao since here tech roll is lower to the ground, but you don't lose anything for missing (hence option select). I don't know how I never thought of this, it should have worked in CT too.

For followups to j.b, 623C, RC, I got.

dash 5D(1 hit), 214B, delay 214D, dash 5B, 6A, HJ.C, j.C, 214C, 6D, j.D, 214C, dash 5D, any followup for around 4200.

What I love though is you can actually dash back to the other side after 623C, RC, and combo them back into the corner. Shit is hilarious, but does 100 less damg. Worth it imo.

623C, RC, dash to other side, 5D(1 hit), 214B, delay 214D, 6A, j.C, j.D, j.C, 214C, 6D, j.D. 214C, 5D, followup.

For followups to j.b, 623C, RC, I got.

dash 5D(1 hit), 214B, delay 214D, dash 5B, 6A, HJ.C, j.C, 214C, 6D, j.D, 214C, dash 5D, any followup for around 4200.

What I love though is you can actually dash back to the other side after 623C, RC, and combo them back into the corner. Shit is hilarious, but does 100 less damg. Worth it imo.

623C, RC, dash to other side, 5D(1 hit), 214B, delay 214D, 6A, j.C, j.D, j.C, 214C, 6D, j.D. 214C, 5D, followup.

interesting

but the real question is does this work on someone using quick stand?

Are you talking about quick stand instead of forward tech at the very beginning? I think it does. Tested by doing ID, pausing and switching to block everything, unpause, fall j.b and it still hits while set on quick stand. Don't know if my methods are correct though.

Btw, if you happen to have 100 or close heat at the beginning of all this, you can go into Blood Kain. If you're in this situation however they're probably pretty close to death, but it's there if you wanna let em know they just got a serious beat down.

623C, RC, dash to other side, 5D(1 hit), 214B, delay 214D, 2C, 5D, 214214D, HJD, falling j.D, jc, j.D, land, j.D, j.D, 214C, 623D, 236C, 214D, for 4600.

Overkill I know, but still awesome.

Digging through my scribbles on my notepad

Once you get a feel for how double belial works and why 6D, J.D, jc, J.C connects, try this on for size. When you know you're going for the double Belial edge and you just KNOW that the J.C after the 6D J.D won't connect, just do 6D J.D jc wait a bit and throw. It's a perfect throw situation and when landed, you can just simply do another Belial edge back to the ground since it's spaced perfectly so it will bounce them every time

I love this, it does about the same amount of damage, but the most important part, you don't need to Dash 5b and you don't need to judge how high you need to be to belial since you're at the corner. Corners make belials oh so much easier.

Only downside about this is that it is slightly harder to dash back across and press 5D. And every j.b 623C situation will be different because you won't know when and where you will hit them with it because people can time their tech rolls.

Edit: Oh yeah, if you do fuck up the dash back 5D, they have to eat the 5D AND they're still in the corner eating your pressure and mixup. win-win

Edit2: doing the dash back corner combo I found a 4255 (DID)/ 4227 (hell's fang) damaging combo. It's pretty much the same thing, but after the GH and followup, use 2c 5d DC 6a instead of 5b 6A.

It does a lot of damage and it keeps them in the corner at the cost of only making around 40~45 meter instead of the big 46% with the double belial.

Ok this is getting complicated lemme write it all out

J.B 623C, RC, dash to other side, 5D(1 hit), 214B, delay 214D, 2C, 5D (dc), 6a HJ.C, J.D, jc, J.C, 214C, 5D, 214A, 214D

4227 dmg and around 40% meter built back.

Things to look out for, don't delay the gauntlet hades follow up that much or 6a won't connect. I don't know why this happens, probably has something to do with the height they are at when you hit them with 2c 5D. Also find that timing to get the follow up for hell's fang every time, the combo is really long so there is a very small window of getting the hell's fang just right

I would do this combo every time after you reset them. If you try to go for the DID finisher, I don't think they'll try and roll out again after just eating 4000~ for rolling out.

Another fun air throw set up from a double BE combo:

For example, you do 5B, 3C, 5D(DC), 6A(HJC) j.C, j.D(JC) j.C, BE, 6D, j.D(JC), j.C, BE... and it takes them into corner. After the last BE bounce, do 3C(JC), jA > they tech > air throw.

Catches back or forward tech.

If they neutral tech, it still looks like a good position to be in because you can just come down on them with another jump move.

EDIT: the j.A seems character specific, only tried it on Tao and Ragna so far and it works on Tao. You could probably do the same thing with 6A instead of 3C and it would work on more characters.

More shenanigans. BE RC mix up.

On opponent stand blocking, do a BE from about normal jump height, RC the first hit, whether it hits or gets blocked, and immediately go into either:

> air GH > combo

> land, 2B/3C/6C > combo

At the right range the air GH will hit pretty damn fast. You have to do it immediately after the RC or he will land and do ground GH.

EDIT: or another overhead option. Probably much more reliable with the spacing.

> airdash j.B/j.C > combo

belial edge double cross under, very useful for when you know double BE will not connect because of a bad starter and against someone that mashes tech

after they bounce to the ground from belial, dash under them to cross them once, and when they emergency tech, dash crouching barrier or dash 2a to cross them twice. if they don't tech, 2b reset or 22c. i usually go for 3c after the double cross under, 2a ch in 3c if they mash a lot though.

On the topic of tech catches after ID>214D, I found that j.B will only hit a forward roll, not a quick stand (the holding down+tech). j.C will hit both with the same timing, unless you're in the corner it will miss back roll. j.C goes into the same combo already posted:

If you time the j.C right it will hit them before they roll behind, but it can still hit if they do get behind you, except in the corner.

Haven't found anything that catches back roll or just staying down, it seems like there's nothing that will.

More shenanigans. BE RC mix up.

On opponent stand blocking, do a BE from about normal jump height, RC the first hit, whether it hits or gets blocked, and immediately go into either:

> air GH > combo

> land, 2B/3C/6C > combo

At the right range the air GH will hit pretty damn fast. You have to do it immediately after the RC or he will land and do ground GH.

EDIT: or another overhead option. Probably much more reliable with the spacing.

> airdash j.B/j.C > combo

couldn't J.B catch them otw down? asking because J.B is 100% PR

also air GH sounds like it might go over them on most characters if they crouch block midscreen confirm/deny?

Another fun air throw set up from a double BE combo:

For example, you do 5B, 3C, 5D(DC), 6A(HJC) j.C, j.D(JC) j.C, BE, 6D, j.D(JC), j.C, BE... and it takes them into corner. After the last BE bounce, do 3C(JC), jA > they tech > air throw.

Catches back or forward tech.

If they neutral tech, it still looks like a good position to be in because you can just come down on them with another jump move.

EDIT: the j.A seems character specific, only tried it on Tao and Ragna so far and it works on Tao. You could probably do the same thing with 6A instead of 3C and it would work on more characters.

I realize this is the shenanigan thread, but I have to say, whenever you have the opportunity to hit 3C as a juggle, you have way, way stronger oki options than this. More details in another post, in another thread. Carry on.

couldn't J.B catch them otw down? asking because J.B is 100% PR

also air GH sounds like it might go over them on most characters if they crouch block midscreen confirm/deny?

j.B doesn't come out fast enough, he shoots down after the RC. You have to air dash into it, and it will hit if they crouch even if it looks like it's a bit too high to. They get hit in standing animation but the red ! shows.

and you're right, air GH actually whiffs almost every time if they crouch, so that option is probably not ever worth doing when air dash j.B is way better.

Further testing shows that they can't just mash 5A or something to get out of either the air dash j.B or land 2B, it's actually all a continuous block string.

I realize this is the shenanigan thread, but I have to say, whenever you have the opportunity to hit 3C as a juggle, you have way, way stronger oki options than this. More details in another post, in another thread. Carry on.

Yeah that's true, that set up is pretty useless honestly, just thought it looked nifty. It seems like most air throw set up stuff isn't all that great considering they can always break it if they're paying attention :(

I'm all in favor of shenanigans, provided you get a bigger reward and the shenanigan is relatively difficult to defend against. Of course, when it's difficult to defend, it usually doesn't qualify as a shenanigan.

Anyway, bumped oki thread with goodness.

Like i said before in feburary. Ragna has solid options now and you don't need all of this stuff all the time.

On the matter of falling j.b catching back tech. I like using j.b as a OS because it seems like it's active a lot longer than J.C, sure it doesn't hit back tech (back into the corner), but who cares at that point. They're still in the corner and they are forced to block since you landed before them. The falling J.B is there to prevent people from rolling away from the corner, giving them a reason to neutral tech and stay in the corner.

Yes, j.B works in more useful situations, and it's also easier to time. Just clearing it up that j.B does not hit a quick standing opponent (as stated earlier), and j.C does.

EDIT: oops...I meant to say j.C will not catch front roll in the corner in my earlier post.

This might not work, because it starts off with a techable BE, but it might be hard to tech, especially if the opponent isnt expecting it. If you do 3C for oki on tager (maybe others, havent tested yet), then do an IAD backwards and belial edge, you can catch forward rolls if timed right for a ground bounce into combo. Also, the followup combo can be ended with 22C. Once again, this hasn't been tested against actual people, but assuming they aren't completely mashing tech, this may catch some people off guard.

Man, I haven't played this game in ages

COUNTER HIT CID, you guys all probably think "oh hey i can only combo off of it if it's a one hit counter hit thing"

nope

In corner, counter hit CID (2hits), 5a, 5b, 5d, DC, 6a, Jc, Jd, jc, Jd, BE, 5d, hell's fang

or carnage scissors

Hell's fang is hard to land all the time so I would recommend a 3c after BE and work with that.

Back to street fighter, cya