Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

General Gameplay Questions Thread - POST YOUR GAMEPLAY QUESTIONS HERE

That doesn't contradict what I said in any way. You don't have any control over which voice set you receive. I-No is simply a case where she only has two possible voice sets, apparently.

I've heard rumors to the effect that C voice sets are sometimes reserved for instances in which the character has special intros. If there's any truth to that, it would explain your problem.

For I-No, her C set is only put up for selection if you're fighting a Sol, Order-Sol or Axl, and only in an arcade match. For whatever reason, you'll never get it fighting those 3 characters on console.

Hidden

That reminds me....I-no had a few quotes in the Arcade version she didn't have in the home ports...not even in the sound test.

Makes me wonder how much was left out in the transition.

Right I dunno if this really applies to gameplay but this might be relevant..

Basically I thought I have improved over the past few months especially in execution, stopping silly bad habits like random secret gardens LOL and getting over tourney nerves. However in the recent tourney, despite those, I still flopped. There must be something lacking.. it must be lack of consistency, control.. I dunno maybe not handling neutral situations right? Urgh... it's kinda painful to think how much oki went through only to get wasted by some loop of death.

is there a specific question or bit of advice you want to ask for? you'll have to be a bit more detailed than that, and give us some more context to work with.

Basically how can I further improve my game when I have reached the point where execution, mixups and tourney nerves aren't much of an issue. The thing is that I notice my play heavily revolves around maintaining the offensive momentum to compensate for not handling neutral/defensive situations well. The thing about neutral situations is like at times I'm not too sure whether that poke I stick out will make the guy block which allows me to cancel to roll and stuff like that.

To be honest this is best explained through vids I suppose.

Hidden

Personally, and you can take this however you want, but, whenever I feel insecure about my defense, I pick my strongest offensive character for an opponent, record my method of playing him/her offensively in Training Mode, then play it back.

It lets me see, first of all, how to deal with that type of offense, and secondly what holes there are in my initial attack (on myself).

Sometimes it's a good thing to be under extreme pressure situations (such as Sol's Bandit Revolver Loop or Zappa's Dog Loops or Eddie's Unblockables) to help you learn how to break out and how not to crack under pressure, especially if you're guarding.

Could someone tell me how to effectively air dash after Baiken does j.D?

The combo I'm trying to do is: (near the corner)

2D>236K>j.PSD>ad>SD

I have trouble doing the air dash after j.PSD

I'm talking about Baiken in #Reload.

I didn't see a Baiken question thread in her section so I decided to post here, sorry if this really should have been elsewhere.

A method that worked for many people in #Reload is to time the airdash as you see Baiken's sprite half on / half off the bottom of the screen. Try starting with that, and adjust as necessary - eventually you'll get the timing down without needing this visual cue.

Also do you think it's better to mash the direction as fast as I can or to wait for the proper moment and just press it then?

Definitely wait and try the command only once. Mashing at best gets you something like 6-8 attempts per second, which up to an 8 frame margin of error. Most things you need to practice timing in this game are 2-4 frames, so mashing won't do you any good.

Basically how can I further improve my game when I have reached the point where execution, mixups and tourney nerves aren't much of an issue. The thing is that I notice my play heavily revolves around maintaining the offensive momentum to compensate for not handling neutral/defensive situations well. The thing about neutral situations is like at times I'm not too sure whether that poke I stick out will make the guy block which allows me to cancel to roll and stuff like that.

To be honest this is best explained through vids I suppose.

probably, but i'm a bit confused on this point:

"I have reached the point where execution, mixups and tourney nerves aren't much of an issue"

how am i supposed to read this: that you block all mix-ups? or, mixups aren't much of an issue because you don't care?... sorry, i don't get it.

probably, but i'm a bit confused on this point:

"I have reached the point where execution, mixups and tourney nerves aren't much of an issue"

how am i supposed to read this: that you block all mix-ups? or, mixups aren't much of an issue because you don't care?... sorry, i don't get it.

Ok I'll just sum it up then. I've reached the point where execution is somewhat solid yet in real matches I still lose mainly because I can't get to my offensive momentum so easily. I am getting real matches but at times I'd like to know how to iwork on my game during neutral and defensive situations....

i've similar problem, when i go against certain oponent, i know how the matchup will goes but still loosing if i only do my daily routine(which i supposedlly win)... i've figured it out how to win in that kind of match is pretty simple -> "solid concentration, patience and expect everything not the unexpected" being on ofensive is always a good thing but it'll not guarantee for the win, a good defense would more appropriate on this kind of match imo, all i need to worry is, what kind of stuff will be thrown at me rather than doing a mix up and expect random hit will connect :v:

doing that kind of matchup're seriously tiring and i do feel like already fighting for 3 hours just in 3 round for blocking mix up, counter throw tick throw games and punish anything stupid

Ok I'll just sum it up then. I've reached the point where execution is somewhat solid yet in real matches I still lose mainly because I can't get to my offensive momentum so easily. I am getting real matches but at times I'd like to know how to iwork on my game during neutral and defensive situations....

I am at the same point. Spending time alone in training mode against a stationary dummy really helps up your offensive game. You learn your pressure options, how to maximize damage, and get fairly comfortable with your execution. However, when you play against an opponent that knows how to block, FD, escape and zone you or poke you back, the story becomes different.

This basically means you need to A) watch more videos and B) know your matchups. I play Slayer, and I know exactly what you're going through. I am terrible at blocking, I get impatient and prefer offense, I am often zoned because I don't understand how to crack certain characters. If you read your matchup forums and understand how to change your game versus certain characters, your game will advance by a TON. Gaining offensive momentum is all in relation to how well you outplay your opponent's character by knowing which moves stuff which moves and what counters what. Once your opponent is getting beat out left and right, he'll be afraid, and then you'll be able to unleash your mixup.

All of this is easier said than done, but I guess the answer is just to play more and to really understand your matchups. I often lose to a really good player, ask him what I'm doing wrong, employ fixes the next few matches, and gradually start to win more. It's all about knowing weaknesses that you can punish.

The best players don't need to ask what they're doing wrong, they already know. And so it should be true for you too - pay attention to every mistake, every opportunity you pass off to your opponent during tournament play, and shift your gameplan to avoid that particular situation the next time around.

Most newer/inexperienced players are so stuck in autopilot mode that when they take hits and keep on losing, they don't stray too far from their comfort zone, or try anything too drastically different in their playstyle to change the way the matchup plays out.. and so they keep losing to the same tactics. For decent but relatively inexperienced players who go up against higher level players, continuous adaptation (yes, this means paying constant attention) is the fastest form of improvement.

To add to that, if you're getting all of your offense stuff from just training mode, you're going to be surprised when you don't know how to handle a ton of situations. There's no substitute for actual experience, and training mode is pretty much only worth using for combos, raw execution practice, and tackling situations you've encountered so as to know how to face them better.

If you read your matchup forums and understand how to change your game versus certain characters, your game will advance by a TON.

Assuming he plays one of the chars that actually HAS matchup forums that didn't get auto-deleted :vbang:

I have a question regarding 1frame jump. I never really tried to learn it before, because I thought there are more important things to learn, but now I want to get into it. I do 7,p+k and this results is the char. jumping in place with FD without any cloud coming out of his feet.

Is this what is suppose to happen? Can it be performed forward or backwards? May I ask for some most common, typical situations in which 1f jump is used?

Thanks in advance :keke:

Yes that is how you know you did it correctly. You can't do it forward or backward although you can do it from a run and keep moving forward a little (if there's any use for that though I have no idea).

The main reason to use it is a safer alternative to jumping out of pressure, since it reduces some of the vulnerable frames of startup.

Hey guys sorry if this has been answered somewhere but I honestly look around and found nothing. Why can't I high jump cancel? I'm trying to high jump cancel Order Sol's 5H and I just get a regular jump cancel.

Also what's up with Ky/Sol/Order Sol's small recovery after landing from a jump? Do any more characters have this? How do I get rid of it?

simplest guess to your first problem is that you probably aren't hitting a down direction, even though it may feel like it. if you're in training mode, turn on the INPUT bar to double-check that you are, in fact, inputting a down direction (to get your super/high jump).

otherwise, maybe you're waiting too long in between your down-up motion for the superjump, so you may need to do it faster. those are just my guesses, though.

as for landing recovery, i'm pretty sure other characters have it... i'll double-check when i get home in a bit. (if anyone else knows better, by all mean just go ahead and answer his question, dont' wait for me.)

Unless you performed an air special that has recovery or j.D, there should be no landing recovery from jumps for any character.

Sign in to follow this