Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedBeard

[AC] Johnny Video Links/Video Discussion

This topic is for linking to random JO matches/combo vids of interest, whether your own, Japanese, American, European, Korean, whatever. Feel free to both post videos and discuss the videos posted in this topic.

Useful Links:

http://www.youtube.com/FourAreFive

4r5's YouTube archive of Johnny matches and Johnny combo vids.

Matches: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=A3497F2610EBAA3D

Combox: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=3FC52F254AD7B2C5

Hah! I was just thinking about doing that recently. I'll be adding your archive to the first post because that's highly useful. Thanks!

4r5 that second link, on the johnny vs jam match, in the 3rd round johnny does a 13hit on jam that takes alot of her life, like almost 3/4 is that arcade only johnny or was it a counter, cuz i've recently changed to AC from slash but my johnnys damage even on 13hits dont seem to be that high, considering she wasnt the one being pressured into blocking aswelll...

Not arcade only, you can do it on console. Nah, it wasn't counter hit. Also, Counter hits don't increase damage, unless otherwise stated. He started the combo with 2HS. Remember that more hits isn't necessarily mean more damage. It did so much damage because 2HS doesn't prorate. Meaning his damage was only being affected by the guard gauge. And he got several heavy hits (2HS, 5HS, MFL2) in the beginning of the combo, before the guard gauge could make a large impact. If you want to see the difference proration can make try a combo starting with 5K, then try the same combo, but start it with 2K.

That was an awesome JO vid. May jsut be me but cant you neutrel tech out of say any character who does for example. JO j.k >j.s > (JC) (neurtal tech)j.hs

You have to jump as soon as the j.S connects, then you have to j.HS as soon as you jump. And it will combo, they can't back or forward tech, which also means they can't neutral tech.

WHAAAAAT MSY IS BACK? YES. HELL YES. :D Very awesome combo vid, illustrated a lot of the good corner loops(MF LV2 Mid->Coin->IAD blah blah->1 hit stuff). Hopefully I get to see some matches soon too.

I'm not sure he ever went away. He just doesn't play as often. Or at least you don't see vids of him as often, like during XX and #r.

I saw only 1 vid of him in Slash and he played very, very poorly which lead me to believe that he stopped playing for a while.

I guess he just sits around all day practicing his MC links, and then makes cool combo vids.

My god, what an awesome combo video. Very stylish. I thought "This is how you play Johnny." Also, red Johnny ftw.

I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I didn't even know you could link: throw, j.k, j.s, d.j, j.hs

I knew it but sorta forgot about it because many times in the old games all you could do after j.hs was a db and it sometimes wouldn't connect before the opponent teched out.

Do any Johnny players here have vids to share? I still haven't quite gotten my DVD-R(was supposed to get it for my birthday but that got delayed), but once I get it I plan to put up a bunch of my matches for criticism and whatnot. So for now, anyone else have some matches of themselves?

I have a crappy vid or two of me vs Gahwee Blood, from like a year or so ago.

I can record some at some point. Probably won't be too impressive. I don't have AC to practice and I switched to stick for it. Hopefully I'll get one against a Potemkin that's been giving me trouble. I could use some advice on that.