Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedBeard

[AC] Johnny Video Links/Video Discussion

Alright, here's some videos of some games I had a while ago. My joystick was busted by that time so for these games I'm borrowing someone else's stick. Mostly it's just against millia, but I dunno if I faced any other characters that day that got recorded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl75ZwdP4Tg&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Iv6zlEUPE&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXEEYzQ9HAw&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITxD7E-vmxU&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoCVvNEXhKY&feature=channel_page

Please give some constructive feedback if possible, I really need help dealing with fast characters as Johnny:vbang:. There's also some videos of me playing as Jam from the user's channel if anyone cares...

From my perspective it seems you have a solid grasp on the basics, saw some nice zoning with j.s and MFs. Nailed your FRCs and air combos almost all the time. Unfortunately I can't give you any advice against Millia as I myself have no idea how to deal with her. I fought a very strong MI yesterday (watch for the vids soon!) and I got trounced. I know the other JOs here will give you matchup advice for sure though. Keep up the good work!

@Equalizer:

Against faster characters like Millia, Johnny has to be a lot more patient. You're gonna have to choose your battles against Millia, Chipp, etc. You may have to resort to waiting out their pressure and punish their mistakes (if any). You'll need to learn what to watch out for (for Millia, watch out for her 6K overhead; also if they are fancy, look for the slide FRC into falling j.K aka dirty overhead). Try not to start a combo when Millia force breaks a disc. You'll just get counter-hit and combo'd for your efforts. Don't forget about Millia's roll. Try to bait and punish this by intentionally leaving big gaps in your pressure to make it look like it's safe to roll. I had some casuals against a Millia back in March. Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWMPojKVX_0&feature=channel_page

You can kinda figure what I'm trying to do in the vids. Use it as guideline of what to do/what not to do, etc. My advice though.. block. A lot. If you can't block then you better learn it. Nowhere better to learn defense than casuals.

Hey guys. New vids of me are up, against some new guest players to my GG group. Let me know how I'm doing; I think I do a bit better this time around. I need to learn to follow up on my CHs...

bacon (VE) vs killerwatt (JO)

Spyke (VE) vs killerwatt (JO)

Two Venoms. Yay?

Elf (IN) vs killerwatt (JO)

I gotta learn to block those I-No mixups...

Critique, comment and enjoy.

that was really different. 4 minutes of match and that i-no player didn't use a single chemical love. that might be both a first and some kind of record. he didn't really have any mix up, the thing is that 2p and 5k (which seemed to be his favorites) can both be blocked high and low so you just have to get your defense game up a little. I saw some nice combos on your part though, good job! Nice use of the coin to snuff her HDIVE too.

that i-no match was definitely interesting. i lol'd when he daa'd 3H at the end and got hit with a coin. nice use of 6P all around though. i was digging those kjfrc crossups too. other than familiarizing yourself with i-no's offense (which can be a downright pain in the ass to deal with), i would work on maximizing damage. you often went for c.S jc off of low mf's, which is good! but then you followed up with KSKSDE. against i-no you can land KSSHDE off of c.S jc, and not only does it do more damage, but you can spend meter to make it do even more (or if you don't have meter at the start of the combo, you can use your tension pulse if it gives you 1/4th meter). one more thing to work on would be scoring knockdown. i saw you went for an enkasu early on but that was it. trust me when i say that scoring knockdown and keeping your opponent in the corner makes matches much easier than chasing them all over the screen trying to land that round ending mf combo (though that can be fun too).

Real quick does anywhere I can find the combo videos for Johnny named Dibakon, M, Zwei Worter, Blade of Thunder, and StarTrain?

...You tried youtube? That's where I found them. If not, you're gonna have to play scavenger hunt in the AC videos thread.

...You tried youtube? That's where I found them. If not, you're gonna have to play scavenger hunt in the AC videos thread.

Went up and down youtube trying to find it but to no avail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIfLf2XO4bY&feature=channel_page

wierd I-no, his offense was primarily through dives (lol h-dive and lol, dash into super)... and empty dash ins which you could have like 6p'd i believe(well you did on some of them)...that I-no apparently doesnt like HCL, lol (why?????)

nor does he know that hcl connect after j.s j.h or maybe forgot...you won that match on part though cause of bad tension management on the I-no players part..(s-dive rc no follow up..rc this, that etc...)not saying that they weren't necessary at times...but tension could have been spent on stuff like note frc (which he did like once) and HCL frc combos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIfLf2XO4bY&feature=channel_page

wierd I-no, his offense was primarily through dives (lol h-dive and lol, dash into super)... and empty dash ins which you could have like 6p'd i believe(well you did on some of them)...that I-no apparently doesnt like HCL, lol (why?????)

nor does he know that hcl connect after j.s j.h or maybe forgot...you won that match on part though cause of bad tension management on the I-no players part..(s-dive rc no follow up..rc this, that etc...)not saying that they weren't necessary at times...but tension could have been spent on stuff like note frc (which he did like once) and HCL frc combos...

Hey thanks for watching that! I'll be sure to pass your critiques on to the I-no player (he doesn't post on DL). This batch of matches is also dated, and I really think the group as a whole has improved significantly. We'll be recording again soon so hopefully you'll be able to see improved performances on everyone's part.

Well it's been a while but here are some recent match vids of my group. These were recorded a few days before this year's Otakon, and I must say that Otakon allow both me and my group's members to level up considerably thanks to the fellow DL people I met there (10stars, KBNova, Gwyrgrn Blood among others). So take a look, and as usual your comments/critiques are highly desired and appreciated. Especially for my SL match :vbang:

formerly (RO) vs killerwatt (JO)

bacon (OS) vs killerwatt (JO) 01

bacon (OS) vs killerwatt (JO) 02

bacon (OS) vs killerwatt (JO) 03

bacon (OS) vs killerwatt (JO) 04

My epic fail vs Slayer...

killerwatt (JO) vs pewter (SL)

Thanks bros!

alright, here ya go

less dropping combos. if you're dropping bnb's then you gotta go back and practice them. and hit-confirm off your pokes better. though, admittedly, the console ports of ac do run faster then they should be, so it is harder to do

less poking with mistfiner. mistfiners are not a poke. lv1 236p is about the only exception

less comboing in to Lv1 mistfiner. if you are going to do so, then followup quicker with your transports/dashes. you want them out on the first frame. you don't want to give your opponent room/time to reestablish themselves. if they aren't within range of your attacks, then you got no control over the match. really, if i don't have a lv2, i just mc and keep up with the pressure

less transport frc. i have never ever gotten not-antiair'ed out of my transport frc's. not in all my years. if you think about it, it's really gimmicky. the transport frc's are like the equivalent of dizzy running at you from full screen. really, who isn't going to antiair you?

less taunts and respects. lose buttons, unbind them

less return jack. if they don't have a burst and you don't have any coins, then it's ok. but at the sametime you shouldn't of put yourself in a position to even think about using it

more remembering what lvl you're at

more faster. too much stuff is getting whiffed right in front of you, and i'm not seeing any response from you. they can't block, press some button

more meaty 2k, 2p, 5k, or just plain ol' nothing. 3HS is gimmicky, too telegraphed

more antiairing. 6P, 5P, airthrow. you're face is not suitable antiair

more ground-to-air poking. 236P, 6K, 8S

vs robo-ky:

keep within range of your 2d / out of range of his 5HS. too far for robo-ky to get his game on, while close enough for you to counter whatever he might try. plop yourself in front of him, then don't let him get room to lay a mat, and don't give him attacks to instant block. without meter, robo-ky is a baby

and then you should be doing what the robo-ky player is doing to you. let him be the first to press a button, then react accordingly

you'll want to throw out a poke every now and then, along with throws, just to force him to always keep an eye out for them. keep his attention divided. you can even whiff attacks just pixels out of range, if you really don't want to give him a chance to instant block

vs order-sol:

stand at about the range where a 6hs or 5hs would hit. this leaves you close enough to threaten him if he tries to chargeup, but far enough to react to his approaches

vs slayer:

the slash and hardslash buttons are pretty much off limits. getting reactionary counterpoked with bbu, dot, or a pilebunker is not worth it. not to mention random 6p's.

you pretty much stick to your kicks and punches for this matchup. 2s is still ok, atleast when slayer is under 50%

also dash over slayer's 2k and 2hs. probably easier said then done, it's nearly a reflex for me.

further more,

more practicing your bnb's. i see you trying some flashy or situational stuff. if that's what you've been doing in training mode, then your time is being wasted if you're still dropping your bnb's

j.k-s>dj.k-s-d>ensenga

obligatory: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OEXzKk5gkQ

me sucking at gg under the influence of blazblue

and the beginning of part 3 is just me losing some more :I:

Heh I hear you bud. My latest vids are also after coming off the BB train. What a ride :vbang:

Anyway, hell if I know what to do against Eddie since I barely have matchup experience but I noticed you weren't hit confirming some solid hits. I saw you hit 5HS. but instead of going into lvl2 to MC'ed for some reason. Can't let that happen, especially against Eddie.

I liked the tkensenga mixed into your pressure but you've gotta really crank up that guard gauge with it (more coin cancel pressure maybe?) and when frcing KJ or DB try to do something afterwards; the Eddie player was airthrowing you and AAing you all day. I understand though, I tend to do that sometimes too.

Lastly, do yourself one big favor. Stop playing BB :psyduck: As you can see, nothing good comes from it. JK, I like BB, but I find GG much more enjoyable right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6vdV2cYE-4&feature=sub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZK3uC30tDI&feature=sub

some of the latest acho vids

mostly johnny wrecking shop, I think its DC based on some comments but dont hold me to that

anyways, dude is ridiculously aggressive and doesn't give a shit about blowing all 8 coins in the first 10 seconds of a match

but damn he makes it work

I'm not too sure that guy is DC. He wasn't throwing coins into empty space while his opponent was on the other side of the screen. Only way to know for sure is to see this guy play against Faust. :v: Edit: Watched the second video. I'll eat my boot if that's DC. I don't know, the play style doesn't seem familiar to me. He's good and knows how the game works, but if you watch, he makes a few ground combo mistakes trying to get a coin.

I'm not too sure that guy is DC. He wasn't throwing coins into empty space while his opponent was on the other side of the screen. Only way to know for sure is to see this guy play against Faust. :v:

Edit: Watched the second video. I'll eat my boot if that's DC. I don't know, the play style doesn't seem familiar to me. He's good and knows how the game works, but if you watch, he makes a few ground combo mistakes trying to get a coin.

Hmm...I dunno, to me it seems like it could be DC. I just think his game has significantly changed and he's trying out new gimmicks (5P as fake coin lol) and setting up more combos off random hits. Plus I'm certain in some of the background noise I could hear someone actually say "DC" a few times.

i can believe that dc leveled up. what i can't believe is dc actually beating faust.

This does seem like the same playstyle as the vids of DC that I've seen, but with cleaner pressure strings and some badass feints (ground jukes, the now-mentioned-a-billion-times fake coin toss, etc). I second CH's hero nomination.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6vdV2cYE-4&feature=sub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZK3uC30tDI&feature=sub

some of the latest acho vids

mostly johnny wrecking shop, I think its DC based on some comments but dont hold me to that

anyways, dude is ridiculously aggressive and doesn't give a shit about blowing all 8 coins in the first 10 seconds of a match

but damn he makes it work

Opponents seem not very strong.:yaaay:

Too much mistakes for "good players"

i can believe that dc leveled up.

what i can't believe is dc actually beating faust.

If it's not RF then it doesn't matter.

These are just some friendly matches, so I guess it's normal for them to try out new things and make mistakes along the way. That Johnny is really good.