Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedBeard

[AC] Johnny Video Links/Video Discussion

nah, it did. But the combo isn't actually a combo. It's techable in between the coin and upper mistfiner. You can tell if a combo is techable or not by watching the combo counter. If "beat" turns black, then it means the combo isn't a combo and is teachable. When in practice made, set "Recovery" to either front or back.

nah, it did. But the combo isn't actually a combo. It's techable in between the coin and upper mistfiner. You can tell if a combo is techable or not by watching the combo counter. If "beat" turns black, then it means the combo isn't a combo and is teachable.

When in practice made, set "Recovery" to either front or back.

well now i just feel stupid

:gonk:

Well sometimes it combos, so I was trying to figure out how, as we fought.

You were just doing it too early that's all, gotta wait real late on Eddie whereas someone like Anji you toss it like right away so you can aircombo him too~

Nah you can hit him. You just have to wait longer vs. Eddie and a few other characters. Similarly, if you want to aircombo some characters following the coin you should throw it as early as possible.

It's the way Eddie falls. You have to delay the coin, so that Eddie's hitbox lines up correctly for the coin to hit.

I don't think so.:keke:

It's the way Eddie falls. You have to delay the coin, so that Eddie's hitbox lines up correctly for the coin to hit.

Omg I feel so dumb. Reason y my uploads to youtube were so messed up cause I forgot to put the conversion on divx all this time... (apologize for the whole cant see tension, ill set camera up better next time.)

Heres a video of me vs my bro's venom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7BuqFOb3ng

Ino match 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipwMNSNKJx8

Match 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSOAO1CV42I

Respect-Cancel?! I want to play this game.

DumJum, you need to dash jump in order to succeed. You immediately cancel the dash by a jump (as soon as possible, you shouldn't event see JO hopping forward) that still retains the dash momentum, hence making 1-hit possible.

Five, how long did it take you to get so proficient with Johnny? I'm just curious since I've been playing for a couple days and I can't really nail some of those air combos I see you doing (Not talking about the DB FRC, land, then air combo, but just the stuff you do in the air in terms of doing the aerial killer joker, FRC, then starting up another air combo) I always have trouble connecting after I FRC the aerial killer joker after j.p, j. k, j.s, j.s, j. HS. After that I try and connect with a kick or I see that most people connect with j.s after that (is this easier to connect with than other aerial attacks?)

Just been playing Johnny since X2 came out in the US, about 2001-ish. When ever I saw a part of my game that I felt needed improvement, I would go and do what I needed to do to improve it. Which, as a Johnny player, meant a lot of repetitious practicing. As for continuing after a KJ(frc), KJ has no hit-stop. Which means the game action doesn't pause when KJ connects. So that means you have to do your follow up actions immediately after the FRC. You gotta hit those buttons fast. If you're not fast enough to do it, just keep trying. Eventually you'll get those little finger muscles built and you'll be fast enough to do it. I just follow up with j.S cause it gives the most damage. If I was going for something else, or it was an odd ball situation, I might use a different move. j.P would be the easiest follow. It's your fastest airmove, so it gives you the most leeway in your timing.