Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ajinkris

vs Dizzy

Was in Guangzhou, China today playing against their locals, and there was one player using Dizzy that I was having an especially hard time with. It might just be purely my lack of matchup knowledge (which is why I am here), cause I kept getting hit by her ambiguous crossups and tick-throw setups (which are annoying as hell). Just some things I noticed and could use a little more help with in the matchup: -If you end a blockstring with Carcass Raid midscreen, she can Ice Spike in response and trade in her favor. -Fighting her in the air is a pretty freaking bad idea. I ended up jumping a lot to dodge laser fish and lightning spikes, but her jumping normals eat me alive. So I'd just jump up a lot and...block lol. Probably better to stay grounded in the match. -Balls are pretty much > than her crap, so if you can get the upper hand in the projectile war, DON'T STOP. Force her into a corner where she's pretty much helpless. -What she can do to gain space is sj.2S to stall and then double air-dash across the screen. Pretty good way to get past any regular formations. Next time I play I'll probably use more K-S.ball > 2P followed by some rsj.D yomi. -Not sure what normals of mine strictly outclass hers, so I'll need some help from you guys. I do know that a well-timed 2S from her will fuck you up, so don't get jump-happy. I haven't tested it enough, but I'm not sure if 6P is sure-fire safe against her j.2S. I'm usually scared so I just block :/ -6HS and 5S will randomly beat out Ice Spike if she responds too slowly. Vice versa rofl. -Fullscreen wars - the risk/reward for shooting HS.Stingers is pretty decent. Just make sure she's not ready to IAD or has a laser fish out. Uh, any other help is appreciated. I know DI vs VE happens ALL the time in America :psyduck:

- Just make sure that you're spaced properly when doing carcass raid. 2D>Carcass Raid will usually result in punish/trade. So it's better to do c.S[2 or 3]>CR or DC since Dizzy doesn't have any great punishes except to IB and maybe throw. Midscreen though your main priority to get them into the corner, so maybe go for a fake into a throw combo or TK mad struggle. - Air to air you lose alot of the time. j.2S is just better in general than most of Venom's moves. Dizzy also has better range on her air normals as well. I lose out to j.HS alot. Avoiding the fish you have to jump or teleport though. What I do sometimes is just jump or teleport in one spot. That'll dodge the first laser and if they release the spear, you'll drop avoiding the spear as well. - At fullscreen when you both try to play the zoning game, depending on the timing, an ball summon>HS>HS Stinger will kill the fish before it starts up and sometimes hits Dizzy because they'll most likely be summoning the Spear after. If not, just summon the ball, block the first laser then HS to kill the fish. - What you can do if they like to jump alot to avoid the balls is to do Kb>Sb>2P, and then when they get accustomed to jumping to dodge that Kb>Sb>2HS. Whatever you do, sometimes it's best to try to bait them jumping in for 6P punish. Gotta time it well though because too early and you'll miss as well as be left at big disadvantage. Or you could Slashback the j.2S since the timing isn't super hard because most of the time they're just going to be doing Airdash>j.2S. - I wouldn't jump in without any ball cover. You can try it and maybe do Mad Struggle. S version I wouldn't really reccommend because Dizzy will probably throw you when you land. HS version, I can usually block an Ice Spike after I'm done the animation, but just make sure you have 50% in the bank to RC to continue pressure. -Basically the matchup is a big see-saw. Both Dizzy and Venom suck ass on defense. So whoever lockdowns the other guy first usually wins. Dizzy has slight advantage with options in the corner because of the bubble and big throw range. Venom, in the corner usually Dizzy will have to FD alot to get enough pushback to try and jump and airdash away or go for the risky Ice Spike. You can bait this and go for a 6HS to catch them trying to jump out. Generally in this matchup from my experience, it's better for Venom to be on the offensive and try to get in close. The guy I play against will usually try to get far away and set up fish and spears for a safe way back in. If he does get away, either set up some balls for a counter offensive/ teleport getaway or DHB to chase them in. Just make sure to have 50% to RC if they block it.

Yea I just can't rely on doing 2D > CR midscreen. He always knows to FD and then Ice Spike. 5S.c is obviously not a problem. And yea, this match, like many others, is pretty much whoever can mount the more vicious offensive first, as both characters have pretty terribad defensive outs. It's a really big pain in the ass that fish can eat hits for you, so just make sure you watch out for that. I've lost many, many, many close matches because of that. Otherwise, most of what you've said aligns pretty well with what I've mentioned. Need some more specifics though - calling all high level Venoms! Oh wait :8/: