Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Runis

[CT] Noel Combo Thread: Welcome to the Haida-Loop

as a little something to add, as u mentioned, the corner haida loops get rather distance specific. If you do 6B->6C->2C->3C, it places you right at the sweet spot. Of course, u will have to shorten the combo and the overall damage is gonna go down, but if you aren't very good at getting the distance down, this can help you get started on the corner haida loops.

Only played in the arcade, getting training mode next week, looking forward to having Haida's on more than Jin, Rachel, and Tager. Thanks for all the work, Runis.

something else to add, theres a small haida loop: *for mid-screen* 3C->22BC->66C->throw cancel->6C->22C->66C->22C->jc->j.A->j.B->jc->j.B->j.C->j.236C *for corner* 6B->6C->2C->3C->22BC->6C->22C->6C->22C->jc->j.C->j.236C they work on every single character except carl and are actually pretty simple, do like 4.2k damage or so. Just make sure to dash in close enough for the two consecutive 6C's vs smaller targets. The corner 1 wont work on litchi or carl. Besides that, they are easy and not rly character specific, so you can use them as "stubs" of sort vs the characters vs which havent learned any advanced haida loops :v: PS: the jump combo at the end is rly up to u, i just find that 1 to be the easiest :x

well the "easiest" combo against everyone(cept carl), which does damage and gives good position is 3C 22BC 66C (B+C) 6C 5D (6B 5C)x2 236D. It's about 4k and is relatively easy to land. 3C 22BC 66C 22C 66C 5D (6B 5C)x2 236D adds about 400 damage but is harder to time.

well, ya, if we r talking simple only the BnB would be ur prime choice, just mentioned that haida cuz it rly helped get started on the more advanced 1s :x

Started learning the haida loop on Tager, off 3C in the corner and 214A in mid screen. It's some intense stuff. The timing is pretty much "AS FAST AS YOU CAN" and I mostly looked to DB Aikouka's vids on youtube for reference. So satisfying to land those 5k~6k loops on a poor Tager though. From what I can tell the timing on Hakumen's pretty similar, so I'll work on that next. A warning... your thumb/arm gets tired pretty fast practicing these >.<

Thanks a bunch for this! I had, and still am, taking a break from Blazblue for a bit (blame college finals) and I was starting to have trouble remembering what to do since it's been awhile. I know it's sad but any tips for someone using a controller pad instead of a stick? I can get it most of the time but it isn't really consistent. If this isn't the right place to ask that I apologize in advance.

Is the 22b 22c loop in recent CS vids only possible in CS? For some reason I can do that one no problem but CT's 22c loops gave me much grief trying to execute them. Slightly off topic, do you guys input 22c as 2-2-c (3 inputs) or 2-2c (2 inputs)? I find the latter slightly easier.

Proration points are done differently in CS. The amount of time that the opponent stays getting juggled does not affect the proration points in CS.

Thats probably why we see these long 22BC loops (as well as Taokaka's taunt loop): the length of time a combo takes no longer factors into the equation.

Is the 22b 22c loop in recent CS vids only possible in CS? For some reason I can do that one no problem but CT's 22c loops gave me much grief trying to execute them.

Slightly off topic, do you guys input 22c as 2-2-c (3 inputs) or 2-2c (2 inputs)? I find the latter slightly easier.

So the loop is overall easier to execute in CS?

Also, I always did 3 separate inputs whenever I did the loop (2-2-C). Never gave it thought to input the C and last 2 input in at the same time.

Some things just click better in CS, our BNB drive loop for example, since 6c is slower, you can pretty much 66c immediately after your 3c 22c and hit them at the correct height for 5d->drive whatever. In CT you had to pause for a bit which mind you wasn't much trouble at all, just an extra step. As for the input thing, 22 is the motion I'm worst at executing, so doing 2-2c let's me slow it down a bit and makes it easier for me.

Started learning the haida loop on Tager, off 3C in the corner and 214A in mid screen. It's some intense stuff. The timing is pretty much "AS FAST AS YOU CAN" and I mostly looked to DB Aikouka's vids on youtube for reference.

So satisfying to land those 5k~6k loops on a poor Tager though. From what I can tell the timing on Hakumen's pretty similar, so I'll work on that next.

A warning... your thumb/arm gets tired pretty fast practicing these >.<

try the 1 for 7k damage, its quite fun to see his bar deplete to that extent in 1 combo <3

I have trouble doing the air throw haida's, they're height specific. But yes from what I've seen, you can haida Noel, Haku, Ragna and Tager from an air throw. The Ragna one was doing it as a IB punish against Infernal Divider, you catch him low to the ground, land pretty much immediately then get a 22BC x 3 or something, I've not been able to get it even 1% stable yet...

aye but when u start learning the loop u get a lot of moments where u dash in too close to the enemy for a 6C and u whiff the 22C. The air throw is a example, some characters are too close to get hit by 22C right after 2B->6C.

I'm thinking about making a short combo video using the loops from this thread... would anybody object to this?

I'm thinking about making a short combo video using the loops from this thread... would anybody object to this?

If it were more educational, sure, seeing the timing would likely help a lot of players.

Entertainment wise you'll need flashier stuff :v: Like, impractically flashy stuff that uses heat for no purpose other than looking cool.

Trying to find a good Haida on Noel... I'm having more luck staring with 22C and not 22BC on her, but still can't get 4 Haida's, only 3. I'm using the max distance 66C max delay 22C method and keeping her very low, the undelayed ones and she bounced way to far away. Anyone know a 4 Haida on her?

usually with the lighter characters, you can't get a 66C on the 4th haida, instead you have to do 22C ASAP after the 3rd 66C and then sjc into jC j236C. I'll test it further when I get my PS3 set up again.