Sign in to follow this  
RedBeard

AC: Offensive/Defensive Guide

KJT is pretty tricky to combo off of. Spacing is the main problem with it, you can be too far away and it wont combo or you can be too close and Johnny will be too high or behind the opponent. I'd say the ideal range is about the max range of JO's f.S (if you can imagine that distance). Combo'ing off of a Jackhound, you might just be too close. If you've already got that working and just can't seem to get the JI working, just keep practicing, it's so easy once you get the hang of it. Try inputting the [8] at around the same time you hit HS. You'll get it. Bonus fun, Jump installs where you don't expect them: 5K, [8]5HS, MC, f.S, KJT (JI) -Jump installs remain as long as you keep the combo alive. Jump in, j.HS, 2P, 5K, 5HS, KJT (JI) - You retain your jump if you start a combo from the air. 5K, [8]2D, transport - Doesn't combo, but it's neat to pull off. Edit: Yeah, you're a bit too close.

Sorry, I accidentally left a few words out of my previous post. I fixed it. If you're doing K-HS>KJT>KJ(frc),S you can never be too close, but you can be too far. On Baiken, you're probably going to have to adjust the combo a bit. She likes to pop high.

I think I'm starting to get it. This is harder than I thought. It's really hard to do this Jump Install in between moves. Maybe it's because I'm using a pad. Anyway, when KJT>KJ(FRC) hits, can I press up to move in the air so I can hit the opp. properly?

You have to push up during 5K. Pretty much, any jump cancellable move that can chain into something you can jump install. So you do 5K [8 as it hits], 5HS, KJT > KJ (FRC), S, jump, K, S, HS, D Ensenga, etc. You'll probably want to hit the opponent before you decide to move in the air. Your training dummy might recover before you even get to hit. Unless you're doing an air-dash K, S or somethin'. Getting KJ to connect is pretty tricky on a lot of characters. Some set ups work for some and some don't for others. You don't want to be too close or too far. You just have to practice character specific combos most of the time. It's usually pretty bread and butter, though. Edit: Kadius, you may want to mention that if you start your combo from a single jump, you'll retain your second jump as a jump install. If you do a combo from a double jump or a super jump, I'm pretty sure you don't keep your jump install. ;D

from a double jump, you get nothing. from a super jump, you get an airdash, if you haven't used it during your superjump

Really? You keep your air-dash? Interesting. Never knew about that but eh, when do I ever auto-jump install anyway?

There's no kind of OS like that with 2HS. You can only either do the full 2HS, or cancel the first 2ish frames into an FD. If you cancel into a FD, since 2HS partially started up, you get some of it's backward movement.

off the top of my head various OS throws, like everyone else an anti-crossup OS a tech-trap/no-tech corner OS after basic bnb aircombo and probably a lot of matchup, and very situational, OS's that I can't remember at the moment and a few pseudo OS. they're not real OS's, since they rely on good reactions. I guess it's more like cutting down the reaction requirements for certain insane stunts

os'ing 6P and throw is gdlk like if they empty one frame jump at the very last second or something, who gives a fuck you just got a 6P

off the top of my head

various OS throws, like everyone else

6P+HS, against sloppy meaty airdash attacks, and other low-altitude, but not low enough to beat a 6P, high/low mixups.

[6]K+HS|frc~HS, if you suspect them to try and back dash you're throw. If they do, you get your 6K instead, which you FRC and throw them anyways,

6S+HS, for just generally throwing. Will randomly catch people trying to jump, or tag people trying to reversal with throw invincible moves. If they try to backdash, you'll tag them if they got short backdashes, or you'll recover in time to tag them anyways, if they got long backdashes.

6P+HS and 6S+HS are universal for almost every character in the cast.

an anti-crossup OS

against weak crossups, you just do 632146HS. They get a super to the face, if they're on the front side. Or a coin in the rear, if they're on the back side. 63214[HS]6]HS[, is the optimal OS, it'll get the coin out a frame or two faster, depending on how fast you are.

Haven't really used this since Slash. I guess alot of characters got so buffed, you'd be stupid to try to train your opponent to fall for a weak crossup.

a tech-trap/no-tech corner OS after basic bnb aircombo

sj.D for the tech catch, if they don't tech, you can come down with a j.HS for a safe meaty. Optimally you want to come down with j.4HS, to randomly airthrow any funny techs.

if you really wanna do some work. You can do the basic KSKSDE and KSSHDE air combos as:

j.4K+HS, j.S, JC, dj.4K+HS, dj.S....

j.4K+HS, j.S, JC, dj.4S+HS, dj.HS....

respectively

I also do this kind thing with my DB(frc) and KJ(frc) followups. There's a lot of places where you can OS with a throw. You just kinda put them in as many places as you can and you just start randomly getting throws. It's kinda funny, but at the same time you're reducing the game, but eh meh, I guess that's also why it's kinda funny.

oh yeah, you can also add a HS to your special move motions, to get throwbreak-install like in BlazBlue. Throwbreaks aren't as easy as in BB, so it won't matter most of the time, but it's there.

One question about Throw break install, isn't on AC u can throw break only when you're on position "able to throw too"? i meant like throw counter on BB, you aren't able to throw break in a mid of special edit : or it's something like Kara Throw Special? is that possible?

I think it must be that 1-frame overlap when switching between states. Like on the first frame of doing anything involving the HS button, you're both able to throwbreak and not throwbreak. So it's like, if you happen to get thrown on that single frame, the game's like, "he can't throwbreak, but on the other hand he can" so you get the throwbreak. or, like you hypothesized, it might be some sort of kara thing going on. If you noticed in training mode when you have input display turned on, when ever you press multiple buttons at once, the button layout template graphic thing doesn't always pop up with the multiple buttons filled in all at once. Try as we might, we're only human and we can't hit two buttons on the same frame with 100% consistency. When you intentionally and ever so slightly stagger your button presses, you can see the template appear with the first button you pressed, the the next button gets filled on the same template instead of appearing on a new template. All normals are cancelable to FD/SB/Bursts on the first frame or two, but then maybe they're not just limited to those but specials and supers as well.

did the bullshit and gimmicks thread get pruned? anyways, here's one i have aptly titled "the street fighter 4" 2K 2K dash throw if they get hit by the first 2K, chances are they're instinctively holding downback. then you do another 2K to give yourself a cue and to throw off their reaction (remember, they probably expected you to do a combo of some sort). then you dash and throw and 99% of the time people do not break the throw or punish you the first time you do it. if they guard the first 2K, they're often prepared to have to break or punish a tick throw attempt. if you do another 2K though, it usually throws your opponent off. bonus points if you get why it's called "the street fighter 4"

Guys, I was the lab working on some pressure strings, and I happened to execute a string of 2K > 5cS > 2K when the dummy was blocking, but it wasn't consistent; sometimes the string would be complete and other times the last 2K would not come out. I can't figure out why this works only half the time when using it in pressure.

against what character?

edit: you know what, even before you answer that. make sure you are canceling your chains as soon as possible.

against what character?

edit: you know what, even before you answer that. make sure you are canceling your chains as soon as possible.

I was practicing them against Slayer. When you say 'canceling the chains' what do you mean?

getting things out on the first possible frame

Chains as in gatlings, or normal cancels. Don't do them late. If you cancel slowly, you accumulate more pushback.

Chains as in gatlings, or normal cancels. Don't do them late. If you cancel slowly, you accumulate more pushback.

OK got it. So does 2K > 5cS gatling both ways then? That is, 2K > 5cS gatlings and 5cS > 2K also gatlings?

Sign in to follow this