- 1.06 Basic Coining Combos

- 1.07 Basic MFLV1 Combos

- 1.08 Basic MFLV2 Combos

- 1.09 Basic MFLV3 Combos

- 1.10 Basic Jackhound Combos

2.00 Advanced Combos

1.00) BASIC COMBOS

1.01) INTRODUCTION

This section is purely for combos. I will not be including too much information about when to use what in this section, this is moreso pure reference for combos. For specific uses in gameplay, refer to the Offensive/Defensive guide.

NOTE #1: E(1) or Ensenga(1) means that ONLY the second hit of Ensenga hits, IE the damaging part. E(2) means that both hits of Ensenga hit. Enkasu means that only the first, untechable hit of Ensenga hits.

NOTE #2: ^ next to someone's name means that that combo has specific stipulations in order to work on them, such as specific delays in order for the combo to work. This generally indicates that it is not as easy to do this combo on this specific character.

NOTE #3: Just a small note, keep in mind that everyone's life total is 420. The damage listed is all taken from combos performed on Sol or someone else of average defensive value(Testament, Johnny, Zappa, Faust, etc).

1.02) KEY/LEGEND

Position: Where the combo starts. Will be listed as "Anywhere", "Corner", "Close to Corner", "Air", "Mid-Screen" etc.

Combo: How to do the actual combo. If you have trouble reading my notation please refer to the FAQ for notation info.

Damage: How much damage the combo does on a character of average defense unless otherwise noted.

Tension: How much tension the combo costs.

Start MFLV: What Level of Mist Finer you must begin the combo with. THIS INFO IS ONLY INCLUDED WHEN RELEVANT!

End MFLV: What Level of Mist Finer you will have after the combo finishes. THIS INFO IS ONLY INCLUDED WHEN RELEVANT!

Notes: Random notes about the combo. Such as if it knocks down, leaves them in the corner, or is character specific.

1.03) THROW COMBOS

1.03a) DAMAGE COMBOS

Combo: Throw->j.K->j.S->dj.K->j.S->j.D->Ensenga(1)

Position: Anywhere

Damage: 89

Tension: 0

Notes: Standard, lazy combo. Works on nearly everyone but does 4-6 points less damage than the character specific combos.

Combo: Throw->j.K->j.P->j.S->dj.S->j.H->j.D->Ensenga(1)

Damage: 91

Notes: Best Throw Damage vs: AB, AN, ED, OS, PO, RO, SL, SO, TE, VE.

Combo: Throw->j.P->j.S->dj.S->j.H->j.D->Ensenga(1)

Damage: 92

Notes: Best Throw Damage vs: FA, KY, ZA. j.P comes out 1F faster than j.K, so for these 3 it's necessary for their best damage as KSSHDE will not work for them.

Combo: Throw->j.K->j.P->j.S->dj.K->j.S->j.H->j.D->Ensenga(1)

Damage: 93

Notes: Best Throw Damage vs: PO^. Kind of specific and only does 1 point more damage than his standard. Up to you if you want to go the extra mile for this one.

Combo: Throw->j.K->j.S->dj.K->j.S->j.H->j.D->Ensenga(1)

Damage: 94

Notes: Best Throw Damage vs: JO, ZA^

Combo: Throw->j.K->j.S->dj.S->j.H->j.D->Ensenga(1)

Damage: 95

Notes: Best Throw Damage vs: AX, BA, BR, CH, DI, JA, MA, MI (AB^, OS^, SL^, SO^).

Combo: Throw->j.S->dj.S->j.H->j.D->Ensenga(1)

Damage: 96

Notes: Best Throw Damage vs: IN, DI^. Not really worth doing on Dizzy because it does the same damage as KSSHDE on her due to her low defense, and is slightly harder to do. Perfect for I-No though.

Combo: Throw->PSSH/KSSH/KPSSH->KJ FRC->j.S->tj.S->j.H->j.D->Ensenga(1)

Damage: 105-109

Tension: 25%

Notes: Eh, just for that bit of extra damage if you need to kill someone. Use the respective PSSH/KSSH/KPSSH per character.

1.03b) COIN COMBOS

Combo: Throw->Coin

Damage:

Start MFLV: Any

End MFLV: +1

Notes: Works on everyone but: AB, BA, DI, MI. In the corner, you may need to take a small step back before tossing the coin in order for this to work on: JO, KY, RO, SL.

1.03c) KNOCKDOWN COMBOS

NOTE: Anyone marked with an asterisk(*) in this section means that you MUST delay the KJ FRC after the j.H as long as possible. This allows the opponent to plummet closer to the ground allowing knockdown.

Combo: Throw->j.S->j.H->DB

Damage: 75

Notes: Knockdown used vs: BR, FA, PO, SL, TE, ZA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13IQlfnCfYE

Combo: Throw->j.K->j.S->j.H->DB

Damage: 78

Notes: Knockdown used vs: JO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6MP6c8Odk8

Combo: Throw->j.S->j.H->KJ FRC->j.H->DB

Damage: 91

Notes: Knockdown used vs: AB, AN, AX, BA, CH, DI, ED, IN, JA, KY, MA, MI, OS, RO, SO, VE. This combo is much easier to perform than the combos listed below but does a few points less damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Difvluqy1j8

Combo: Throw->j.K->j.S->dj.H->KJ FRC->j.H->DB

Notes: Knockdown used vs: BA, BR, JA, MA, MI. This combo is a HUGE pain in the ass to perform and only does 1 point more damage. Your choice.

Combo: Throw->j.K->j.P->j.S->dj.S->j.H->KJ FRC->j.H->DB

Notes: Knockdown used vs: AN*, ED*, PO, TE*, VE*.

Combo: Throw->j.P->j.S->dj.S->j.H->KJ FRC->j.H->DB

Notes: Knockdown used vs: JO.

Combo: Throw->j.K->j.S->dj.S->j.H->KJ FRC->j.H->DB

Notes: Knockdown used vs: AB, AX, CH*, ED*, FA, KY*, MI*, OS, RO, SL, SO, ZA. The timing on the initial KSS for Eddie is VERY strict. If you're having trouble performing this on him, use KPSS. Millia has a really weird timing on this where you have to jump late...kind of a pain in the ass and hard to do, might just wanna stick with her normal combo.

Combo: Throw->j.S->dj.S->j.H->KJ FRC->j.H->DB

Notes: Knockdown used vs: DI, IN.

1.03d) ENKASU COMBOS

Combo: Throw->j.P->j.P->j.P->j.D->Enkasu

Position: Corner

Damage: 61

Tension: 0%

Notes: This Enkasu works on: AN. This is important as it's the only non tension 1 hit to work on Anji that doesn't require dashing. You'll want to do a late jump and catch Anji kinda low, and the timing is fairly strict but it works.

Combo: Throw->j.K->j.P->j.P->j.D->Enkasu

Damage: 63

Notes: This Enkasu works on: RO, TE, ZA. Possibly others as well. This is an alternative 1 hit and not necessarily the best. Has greater pushback than most 1 hits.

Combo: Throw->j.P->j.S->j.D->Enkasu

Damage: 64

Notes: This Enkasu works on: BA, BR, IN, JA, RO, TE. Possibly others as well. An alternative 1 hit that has less pushback than usual and can allow for an easier time 1 hitting some characters because you will be more "under" them. I personally use this against Jam.

Combo: Throw->Coin->j.K->j.S->j.D->Enkasu

Damage: 65

Start MFLV: Any

End MFLV: +1Lv

Notes: Only works against Faust. If you do not have him coined after a corner throw, go with this variation as you will still get a knockdown. If he is already coined, refer to the KPSDE variation.

Combo: Throw->j.K->j.S->j.D->Enkasu

Damage: 67

Notes: This Enkasu works on: AB, AX, BA, BR, CH, DI, ED, IN, JA, KY, MA, MI, RO, SL, TE, VE.

Combo: Throw->j.K->j.P->j.S->j.D->Enkasu

Damage: 69

Notes: This Enkasu works on: FA, PO, TE, ZA. Possibly others. Mostly important for FA, PO, ZA.

Combo: Throw->j.P->j.K->dj.K->j.S->j.D->Enkasu

Damage: 71

Notes: This Enkasu works on: Untested. This is an alternative Enkasu which doesn't do great damage but has very little pushback due to mostly punches and kicks.

Combo: Throw->j.P->j.S->dj.P->j.S->j.D->Enkasu

Damage: 72

Notes: This Enkasu works on: AB, BA, BR, CH, DI, IN, KY, SL, TE, VE. An alternative to KSKSDE which is easier, again, due to less pushback from j.P.

Combo: Throw->j.S->KJ FRC->AD->j.K->j.D->Enkasu

Damage: 76

Notes: This Enkasu works on: OS, SO, AN. Most of the time, this is not worth attempting on OS and SO because of the sheer difficulty of landing it will usually result in you wasting 25% tension. I reccomend the other 50% tension variant against Sol or OS. This shouldn't be as much of a problem vs. Anji though.

Combo: Throw->j.K->j.S->dj.K->j.S->KJ FRC->j.D->Enkasu

Damage: 84

Notes: This Enkasu works on: OS, SO, AN. This is slightly weirder to time but better damage and since 1 hits on OS/SO/AN are hard anyways you are probably better off going this route.

1.03e) MID-SCREEN ENKASU COMBOS

Combo: Throw->j.K->j.P->j.S->dj.S->j.H->KJ FRC->AD->j.K->j.S->j.D->Enkasu

Position: Mid-screen/Close to corner

Notes: You must be relatively near the corner in order for this to work. You cannot be mid-screen or farther because the combo requires that you push them to the corner to work on most characters. SOME you can do this mid-screen on, but most need to eventually get pushed into the corner for the Enkasu.

Combo: Throw->j.P->j.S->dj.S->j.H->KJ FRC->AD->j.K->j.S->j.D->Enkasu

Notes: You must be relatively near the corner in order for this to work. You cannot be mid-screen or farther because the combo requires that you push them to the corner to work on most characters. SOME you can do this mid-screen on, but most need to eventually get pushed into the corner for the Enkasu.

Combo: Throw->j.K->j.S->dj.S->j.H->KJ FRC->AD->j.K->j.S->j.D->Enkasu

Combo:

Position:

Damage:

Tension:

Start MFLV:

End MFLV:

Notes:

Combo:

Position:

Damage:

Tension:

Start MFLV:

End MFLV:

Notes:

Combo:

Position:

Damage:

Tension:

Start MFLV:

End MFLV:

Notes:

AB, AN, AX, BA, BR, CH, DI, ED, FA, IN, JA, JO, KY, MA, MI, PO, OS, RO, SL, SO, TE, VE, ZA.

I'll just use this post to dump combos, till I figure out what I wanna do with the thread. tk.Ensenga>RC, ad.S>Ensenga j.HS>KJ(frc), K-S>dj.S-HS-D>Ensenga j.HS>KJ(frc), HS, land, c.S>j.P-etc.. 2D>Coin, Coin 2D>Coin, dash, Coin D>j.HS-D, K-S>dj.K-S-D>Enkasu CH 6HS>iad.K>KJ(frc), etc CH D, dash, dash, K(ji)-HS>DB(frc), K-S>dj.S-HS>KJ(frc), S>tj.S-HS-D>Ensenga Corner: MMF2, Coin, Coin, iad.K-S-D>Enkasu MMF2, Coin, dash, HS>HMF2/etc MMF2, dash, 6HS>Coin/MSJH/etc Corner, Full guard gauge, SL Throw, 6P, HS>MC, dash, pause, HS>Mist Mid-screen, full guard gauge, SL AX PO^ FA VE^ Throw, HS>MC, dash, HS>MC, dash, HS>MC, dash, HS>Mist

Since this topic is still open for discussion, better fill it a little. For all the old-timers, DB combo lovers : Against JO, at more or less 5K range : 5H, MF-S(2), 5H, DBT~DB FRC, j.PKD, Ens or with j.PSD, Ens You can get a 1-hit out of it, even from midscreen, but it is easier to do if the opponent meets the corner during the DB combo. 213 dmg normal Ens(2) 194 dmg 1-hit version It also works against the other heavy weights (I only tested the full part on AB, JO and PO), though JO and PO (add some j.P) are the easiest IMO. Damage-wise, it also seems better than usual combos against them, for the same amount of Tension. It also has 1-hit potential, as would a B&B c.S into KJ combo. Depending or the character you face and specially your initial distance, you may have to walk a little forward or backward for the DB to connect after the 5H. It also works on middle-weight (just successfullytried on ED), but the timing is even tighter. Besides, the damage difference between standard MF-S(2) aircombos and these MF-S(2) DB combos is close to null while it was bigger for heavy chars. Hence, it is better used against heavy only. In theory, you could do more damage if you manage to get a JI DB combo. The only way to do it after a MF-S(2) would be to solo-JI a c.S before the DBT. But the timing is reaaaaally hard. See the solo-JI on 6H : 6H [8], DBT~DB FRC, Airdash The JI is input during the 6H, then canceled immediately by the DBT. This is the same mechanism as a JI from c.S [8], 5H, DBT, except the JIed normal is immediately canceled by the DBT, without the 5H gatling . Therefore, you have to input something like : 6H [8, 623S]~S, FRC, Airdash. Well, it can be applied to c.S, but since 6H is a slow move (lasts a long time) and c.S a fast one, you get the idea on how difficult it is to fit the part between brackets (JI + command of the DBT) inbetween the c.S and the cancel point of this latter where the special should be executed. One would have to be damn fast to do it. I only managed to get it a few times during training mode, let alone landing the full combo during a match. :v: EDIT : nevermind, c.S > DBT doesn't connect anyway.

Oh it's open, i might as well fill in some. I would say this is a type of Advanced/damaging combo. 6HS, MSJH, 5K (JI) 5HS, KJT > KJ (Frc), j.S, dj.S, j.H, KJ(Frc), j.S, dj.S, j.H, j.D, Ensenga. It does 300 + dmg, right now im not sure. You have to score the 6HS hit from a distance in order for the MSJH to end up right behind the opponent. Also you will need to Jump install this combo in the console version. Variations is good, depending on character etc.

Nice Nattak ! Against JO : Up to the last dj.H, it does 250 dmg but as usual against him, the dj.D after whiffs. So after the dj.H, a DB instead would grant knockdown and a little less damage, but it doesn't connect against JO (or I fail to). 6HS, MSJH, 5K (JI) 5HS, KJT > KJ (Frc), j.S, dj.KSDE = 259 dmg. Against SL : It works fine and does 255 dmg. Without the last KJ FRC : 6HS, MSJH, 5K (JI) 5HS, KJT > KJ (Frc), j.S, dj.SHDE = 240 dmg. For a knockdown and saving 25% tension (without the last KJ FRC), this one looks better, specially only for 13 dmg less : 6HS, MSJH, 5K (JI) 5HS, KJT > KJ (Frc), j.S, dj.SH, DB = 227 dmg One important note, I admit I used the RC (shame !) on the KJT > KJ FRC, since I still suck at doing this one consistently during combos, *sob sob*. :v: It may make a big difference, making the above not legit, since the FRC point is so damn late on this special. Scrub one hour, scrub forever ! j/k

Nice mitsurugi I found this neet coinjack on dizzy. 5k,5s,2d MSJH, 5k 5hs, MF High lvl 2, coin, jackhound, and then "shinzeto misiteauru" mist mist mist haven't tested it on other chars, might work on them also. And i have also worked with some enkasu stuff from a 6p mid-screen. 6p Airdash (now here you need to control the timing) Ky: 6p, IAD, j.p, j.p, j.D,Ensenga (usualy when i do this i hold 9 when doing 6p, so the airdash will happen much faster) Dizzy: 6p, AD, j.p, j.k, j.D Ensenga (here you will need to wait a bit for johnny to get high enough, this will need a bit of practice) Baiken: 6p, AD, j.k, j.p, j.D Ensenga (the same thing that you do with dizzy) Just ordered my capture card, so i might be doing some video demonstrations of some stuff.

These may be helpful: Corner coinjack in everyone (for lv3 MF, 100~120 dmg): -3HS(1hit), LV2MF(K), Coin x2, JH, Bacchus sigh -5k/2k, c.S, LV2MF(K), Coin x2, JH, Bacchus sigh Heavy damage LV3 mist finer combo(best after mist trap): -(25% tension, 240-ish damage) 3HS(1hit), LV3MF(P), dash, 6HS, JC, j.K, j.S, KJ, FRC, j.D, Ensenga -(50% tension, 260-ish damage) 3HS(1hit), LV3MF(P), dash, 6HS, Sorega ore no na da (OD) *Use 2D or 2K instead of 3HS for Faust and Zappa. Some chars allow full air combo after 6HS, the KSKJDE works on everyone Heavy damage LV2 mist finer combo (50% tension, 230~260 dmg): -2D, JH, (2P), 5K, 5HS, LV2MF(P), DBT~DB, FRC, j.P, j.K, j.D, Ensenga (2) *chars who fall quickly after JH will need 2P to float for the combo ah, and thank you Nattak, I saw your post and tried some 6P enkasu combos as well: -6P, IAD, j.K, j.S, j.D, Enkasu (80~90 dmg) works anywhere on JO, FA, ZA, RO(tested until now). Works with hard timing on OS, SO, and only corner for them -6P, j.P, j.K, j.S, dj.K, j.S, j.D, Enkasu (90~100 dmg) corner only, for VE, TE, SL(tested until now) -6P, TKKJ, FRC, j.S, dj.K, j.P, j.K, j.D, Enkasu corner or near corner, works in lots of chars -6P, j.P, j.K, j.S, j.D, Enkasu (PPSDE work as well, 107 dmg) mid-screen Enkasu combo for CH 6PPKDE and 6PKPDE mentioned earlier by Nattak works on JO, JA, MI (PKDE) and MA, JO, ED (KPDE) as well (tested until now too) I wanted to test some new KJ FRC > AD Enkasu combos, but I can't get the timing of the dash at all...

Hey, I've been having a problem with the basic Johnny low mistfiner mid screen combo -- well... More the post mist finer 'starter' move. I don't have regular access to the game to practice and tend to have a hard time figuring out how to combo the whole cast and generally just remember the characters I play against and have to guess until I get it right when I play other people. So I was wondering if anyone could list which combos work on which characters. :O

hi kayin, do u mean something like jump back k,s,s, hs, kjfrc, blah blah combo? if so: on lighter cast: do k(jump back),s, jc, s,hs, kjfrc on others beside pot and robo: k,s,k, kjfrc on pot, slayer, robo (from what i seen): u can do the lower finer then c.s into standard jump air combo with the k,s,k, kjfrc you can also go into old school dbfrc combo on pot and robo if u have tension to frc. i'd suggest u watch more combovids to familarize urself with the common setups. 4r5 uploaded a bunch on youtube so it shouldnt be hard to find if u put in "ac johnny" as ur search query. ps:sry i didnt get a chance to set up anything with u guys while i was in NY.... 5 days is just not enough to cover manhattan :X

on pot, slayer, robo (from what i seen): u can do the lower finer then c.s into standard jump air combo with the k,s,k, kjfrc

That's right, to success at 100% the S©, it's better to walk a little when the opponent is launched. In this case, It's easier to link the S© but you must imput the S at the moment when the opponent pass in the back of Johnny.

Well, it also depends on the distance from where you land the MF-S(2). But most of the time (for instance after a K, HS, MF-S(2)), as already stated, you should use c.S into aircombo on the heavyweights (PO, RO, JO and OS). ABA is trickier to combo IMO, but c.S is still viable, though you'll have to time it better. You may want to walk a little forward or backward (depending on the distance) before connecting the c.S On heavies, you can do : K, HS, MF-S(2), c.S, j.KPS, dj.KPSDE I did that on PO few days ago and manage to get a 1-hit out of it. Midweight chars can be hit by a c.S before aircombo or plain jump aircombo but then again, it depends on your spacing and of the opponent's character. Sometimes it is good, some other times it is best to immediately jump. If you land it too close, it would be preferable to jump, the MF putting him too far from you. Else, you'll be at the good range for the opp. to "fall" right over you, making the c.S okay. As for the aircombo part (with a c.S or straight after the Mist Finer), it also varies depending on the initial distance and your timing inputting the hits. Once you may be able to land j.KS, dj.SHDE, the other time, the j.D may whiff. If you can't train, IMHO, just stick to j.KS, dj.KSDE against light and mid weights, it is the most common and easy aircombo, adding j.P on the heavy ones or on reaction according to the opponent height. It works on most of the cast if not all provided you added the j.P. You can add KJ FRC, but that will be the next step, since your main concern was the starter move. Before getting a complete list for each character, that should be fine enough, not landing the most damage or not getting a 1-hit, but at least a combo. Too bad you can't train, that would really help. Let's hope you'll gain regular access to GGAC soon.

Found an interesting, tensionless and funny corner Enkasu on Potemkin and Robo-Ky! (and damaging as well!) [96 dmg] (corner, 0% tension) -6K, MSD(P), LV1MF(P), j.K, j.S, j.D, Enkasu Delay a little the MF to hit under the opponent EDIT: Works on JO as well, but use KDE instead of KSDE

If you want to try a really funny 1-hit: Axl in the corner, lvl1 mist finer and no tension, throw, HMF1, tkEnkasu Now this worked back in #r, but since it's so hard to do compared to the usual, I've haven't bothered testing if it works in Slash or AC.

lol, it works! (on a tight timing but it works!) It works on Jam and Anji as well There's one that is not as tight(and as damaging...) as LV1MF(P) but it does the trick For Jam, Axl and Anji: in corner Throw, immediate 6P, tk Enkasu

Found an interesting, tensionless and funny corner Enkasu on Potemkin and Robo-Ky! (and damaging as well!)

[96 dmg] (corner, 0% tension)

-6K, MSD(P), LV1MF(P), j.K, j.S, j.D, Enkasu

Delay a little the MF to hit under the opponent

EDIT: Works on JO as well, but use KDE instead of KSDE

wait what is msd?

Kayin > For an all-around post-MF-S(2) combo, using a KJ FRC helps a lot. It doesn't knockdown or deal the most damage, but it really makes spacing (initial MF distance, height during aircombo) less problematic, whether you use c.S or not : MF-S(2), [c.S], j.KS, dj.K, KJ FRC, falling dj.S, tj.KSDE With proper timing and spacing though, it can net you a nice 1-hit. In doubt, when I don't know the mid or lightweight character-specific combo, I tend to go for this one.

Nice ! That should keep Buri at disavantage, allowing some oki.

Even if 6P prorates at 80%, most of the time, I'd go for :

- a coin if at level 1

- damage, full aircombo involving KJ FRC or not since BR is a light and have bad defense

- IAD j.KSDE 1-hit

Knowing this knockdown combo out of 6P is a nice addition if you plan someting for his wake-up. I'd use 3H or a far and safe poke so that should he do a reversal Starship, he will miss and get stuffed by the 3H.

It may be possible that all the knockdown throw combos listed > here in the AC Johnny : Gameplay Specifics topic < are the same whether they come from a throw or a 6P (and maybe also a 6K ?). To be tested.

So I was messing around w/ lvl 2 MF combos and found this nifty little combo on Robo-Ky: 5K, 5S©, 5HS, lvl 2 S MF, 5k(ji), 5HS, DB frc, j.kps jc, j.ksd enseng. 180-190dmg (can't remember exact amount) They have to be pretty high so you can keep the combo going after the DB since it can KD pretty fast. Makes for a flashy combo and does a couple more pts of dmg over the standard KJ frc combo. Seems to work best on heavier characters though. Thoughts?

Guardian > I agree and also sometimes (depending on the spacing) use DB combo against heavies after a MF-S(2) but use c.S (JI) instead of 5K (JI). I find it more convenient since I find the hitting box looks wider vertically and also extends more backwards but that can be only a biased feeling. Using DB combos here seems to deal more damage to them and I find it cool-looking, for old time sake too. There is also good 1-hit potential out of it. As far as I remember, it also works on some mid and maybe some light weight but the normal aircombo following a MF-S(2) is easier and deals same or often more damage, specially if you add an air KJ FRC. Against PO, you can delay your timing (more lenient), do the dj.SDH Ens finisher and so on thanks to his huge sprite. He is the easiest to use it on IMO ! Newjack > Thanks ! I barely use DB to knock down during air combo and may work on it.

i was messing around with combos and came up with 2P-5K-c.S-5H-mf.S(lv 2)FRC-j.K-j.S-jc.-dj.K-kjFRC-j.K-tj-j.K-j.S-j.D-E..it does 156dmg..you can tk enkasu after MF if you want..i've tried to follow up with dash-bacchus sighFRC but its really close and the opponent can probly hit you out of if before mist comes out..sorry if somebody already posted these i just ran across them today..also i've only tried on ky at midscreen..