RedBeard

AC: Combo Guide

You don't need to do the Mist finer frc to do the above combo. Just generally jump backwards after the level 2 S MF (sometimes with certain characters or spacing, you can jump straight up and do different combos).

So, uh. MFM corner combos. I know they suffer from alot of prorating (with two lvl 2 mist finers or jackhound), are distance dependent and require decent execution, but sometimes it's a good option (I.E: Ky) to lead into an air combo/lvl 3 mist trap. Basic: lvl 2 MFM, coin, (optional 2nd coin), jackhound*, mist. lvl 2 MFM, dashing 6HS, jackhound, 5k, (5 HS), coin. lvl 2 MFM, dashing 2S, 5HS, coin Into air combo: lvl 2 MFM, coin, dashing** 5HS, lvl 2 MFH, air combo (~200(?) damage with KJ FRC combo) *You can combo into a lvl 3 mist finer, but it's not worth much due to the prorating. Lay the mist and THEN use your lvl 3. **Dash not always needed here, can cause your opponent to crossover during your air combo. Dash when you're out of 5HS range or not sure if you are. Edit: Recoin & tensionless knockdown: (All in corner, obviously) lvl 2 MFM, coin, (optional 2nd coin), TK Ensenga (2nd coin is techable for light chars) lvl 2 MFM, coin, DBT~DB lvl 2 MFM, coin, coin, forward jump, j.HS (Tested on Buri, hard timing) Sexy. I'm digging the TK Ensenga into knockdown, keeps you at a nice distance instead of being point blank on wakeup (Jackhound). Cheap too, I wonder why the hell I've been wasting my tension on jackhounds for this, for so long.:vbang:

I've found some interesting combos aganist Eddie (only if you manage to get lv3, lol) 2D's first hit canceled in lv3 K Mist Finer usually allows people to recover between the frantic slashes, but only Eddie can't recover at all (maybe others, with proper delay), and furthermore, he floats right in front of you. so I found some damaging (and even tensionless) options to use this feat Tensionless: -(c.S), 2D, LV3MF(K), 6HS, TK Ensenga(1) (233 dmg, can hit anywhere) -(c.S), 2D, LV3MF(K), c.S, j.P, j.K, j.S, JC, j.S, j.HS, j.D, Ensenga(1) (245 dmg, must be close after float) 25% Tension: -(c.S), 2D, LV3MF(K), 6HS, TK KJ FRC, j.K, j.S, JC, j.K, j.P, j.K, j.D, Ensenga(2) (249 dmg, Enkasu possible) -(c.S), 2D, LV3MF(K), 6HS, TK KJ FRC, j.HS, DB (251 dmg, knockdown) -(c.S), 2D, LV3MF(K), c.S, j.P, j.K, j.S, JC, j.S, j.HS, KJ FRC, j.S, JC, j.K, j.S, j.D, Ensenga(1) (262 dmg, again, close after float) I think DBT~DB FRC combos may be possible too if you c.S, 5HS after the lv3 MF 50% Tension: -(c.S), 2D, LV3MF(K), 6HS, OD (263 dmg, safe) -(c.S), 2D, LV3MF(K), 6HS, RC, 5HS, DBT~DB (261 dmg, may need to delay DB, knockdown) -2HS, RC, 2D, LV3MF(K), 6HS, TK Ensenga(1) (274 dmg, good for going out of pressure) most damaging options are RCing 2HS to a 25% or 50% tension combo, going over 300 dmg :psyduck: as for the TK KJ combos I only listed the safest ones, others may work as well

With the pushback, is it possible to do : Tensionless: -(c.S), 2D, LV3MF(K), coin, IAD, airgatling into 1-hit ? Damn, those 1-hit from a MF-K(3) look nice. Against ED (and maybe others), is it possible to delay the MF-K(3) in order to confirm the hit on 2D ? That is a major issue in actual match, you can't risk to let out a lv3 without being sure it will hit. Kadius, when you say TK Ensenga, you mean TK Ensenga leading to 1-hit therefore the knockdown ? If so, that sounds promising too, for instance (not tested, just a random thought) : MF-K(2), coin, dash, MF-K(2), coin, coin, TK Ensenga 1-hit, 214P (FRC). Specially if the timing of the TK Ens 1-hit is easy, as otherwise you can opt for IAD > 1-hit.

Kadius, when you say TK Ensenga, you mean TK Ensenga leading to 1-hit therefore the knockdown ? If so, that sounds promising too, for instance (not tested, just a random thought) :

MF-K(2), coin, dash, MF-K(2), coin, coin, TK Ensenga 1-hit, 214P (FRC).

Specially if the timing of the TK Ens 1-hit is easy, as otherwise you can opt for IAD > 1-hit.

In the combos I posted, you're actually hitting them with the fire portion of Ensenga. You see, if you keep your opponent and ensenga close enough to the ground, it's untechable.:eng101:

That being said: Alot of characters can tech the second coin before your TK ensenga hits (it's a tiny window, but techable). I haven't thoroughly tested it, but KY, JO & PO can't tech this. Which is fine, since I mainly use it against Ky. Other than that, I haven't seen a character that can tech a single coin into TK ensenga.

I like it because I can't do the coin ->IAD into 1-hit to save my life. I dub it, the Lazy JO Combo.:v:

6569 You need to buffer part of the dash motion during the throw. There is no leeway allowed in the timing, between the throw and the j.P. It all most be done as fast as possible.

What is the safest (and strongest) combo to do on Potemkin after LV2MF(S)? All of the basic combos (jump back, or c.S to JC) whiff a lot due to his horizontal hitbox... I'm using these, they tend to whiff less on PO for me: - ... LV2MF(S), jump back, j.K, j.S, JC, j.K, KJ FRC, j.S, JC, j.K, j.P, j.K, j.D, Ensenga - ... LV2MF(S), jump back, j.K, j.S, JC, j.K, KJ FRC, j.HS, j.D, Ensenga - ... LV2MF(S), c.S, j.K, j.S, JC, j.S, j.HS, KJ FRC, j.HS, j.D, Ensenga and this one is what I most use (although c.S must be done at some tight spot): - ... LV2MF(S), c.S, j.K, j.S, j.HS, KJ FRC, j.S, JC, j.S, j.HS, j.D, Ensenga (best damage) replacing last part with j.HS, DB is a great damaging knockdown for PO (knockdown possible without FRC too, after j.K, j.S, j.HS) ... LV2MF(S), c.S, j.K, j.S, j.HS, delay j.D to another air combo/KPKD Enkasu is also possible if you're facing corner (a good setup is to pressure PO, enter mist stance, dash back and go for the combo, it's the exact distance for PO to remain in corner) :psyduck: but all of them may whiff a lot...

Looks like you've covered all of them. Except for horrible inefficient stuff like: LMF2, c.S>JH, f.S>JH, f.S>JH>RJ. Or the extravagantly difficult like: LMF2, K(ji)-HS>DBT>DB(frc), K-S>j.K-S>KJ(frc), S>j.S-HS-D>Ensenga. I do: LMF2, j.P-K-S>j.P-K-S-D>Ensenga, give or take a c.S. Not the most damaging, but it's easy to connect and can be coaxed in to 1-hit.

Come on, bring on the stylish moves ! MF-S(2) into DB combos aren't that hard, specially against PO since he has a huge hitbox and deal more damage while having 1-hit potential too. DB combos after a MF-S(2) deal more damage to heavies though they are indeed harder to perform than regular c.S > aircombo. As a matter of fact, I always use DB combos against PO, he is so easy to combo with it ! I tend to go for it too against other heavies when I feel confident about the spacing and such. You have to use c.S (JI), HS instead of K (JI), HS, it makes the whole combo easier : MF-S(2), c.S (JI), HS > DBT~DT FRC into aircombo with or without JC. Don't remember the exact aircombos after the FRC point, I do one "on the spot" according to his position, you can do one with a potential 1-hit (j.KPS, JC, dj.KPSDE for instance) or one ending with dj.SHDE for more damage. He is so huge that after the FRC point, you can delay or not, use either j.P or j.K (while one many other chars you'll have to use j.P). Except if that brings the kill or makes you score a 1-hit easily, I wouldn't use a KJ FRC during a DB combo, that doesn't add that much damage and costs another 25% Tension. In fact, I wouldn't use it in a standard c.S > aircombo either except aforementioned reason. If Tensionless, you can go for : MF-S(2), c.S, JC, j.KPSDE or MF-S(2), c.S, JC, j.KPS, JC, dj.KPSDE for a 1-hit. Yup, as always, 1-hitting depends on the initial distance, the height you juggle with c.S and your timing.

Have you guys tried k>2S>HS > MF-2(S)? (Give or take the 2S or HS) I noticed BLEED doing this sometimes, and I thought it might allow for easier "correction" of needing to adjust the initial hit after the MF-2(S). I guess that's why they put that gatling back in AC. What I mean is, instead of adjusting by doing a c.S or jK/jP after the MF-2(S), you adjust the spacing of where the MF-2(S) hits by doing k>2S>HS, k>HS, or whatever. This allows for more consistent prediction of what hit you need to do after the MF-2(S). Then the rest of the combo will be more consistent/easier. Just my two cents.

Hmmm...I didn't see this combo so I'm going to post this here. 5K-JI(8)-5HS-KJT-KJ FRC-j.S- whatever. I'm slowly getting this combo but it's little bit complex -_- My hand gets really busy. I like this combo since it doesn't require MFLV2 moves to start off the combo.

Hmmm...I didn't see this combo so I'm going to post this here.

5K-JI(8)-5HS-KJT-KJ FRC-j.S- whatever.

I'm slowly getting this combo but it's little bit complex -_- My hand gets really busy. I like this combo since it doesn't require MFLV2 moves to start off the combo.

The Version without K >S> HS > KJT~KJ is more difficult because of the KJ Timing.

You can do for exemple :

K > S(JI)> HS > KJT~KJ FRC > DB FRC > jS > Dj > jS > jHS > KJ FRC > jHS > jD > Ens

The Ensaku 1hit is difficult to perform and depend of the opponent but it's possible.

Come on, bring on the stylish moves !

MF-S(2) into DB combos aren't that hard, specially against PO since he has a huge hitbox and deal more damage while having 1-hit potential too. DB combos after a MF-S(2) deal more damage to heavies though they are indeed harder to perform than regular c.S > aircombo.

Debi Combo after MF-S(2) also works on Johnny (everywhere) . :keke:

K > S(JI) > HS > MF-S(2) > (move forward) > S© > HS > DB FRC > jP > jK > Dj > jP > jK > jS > jD > Ens

Does anyone have counter hit combos? I found: 5HS - coin - 6HS - whatever 2HS - RC - 6HS or coin - 5HS whatever It's so complicated considering counters, mist cancel, and so on...It's hurting my head ;_; I haven't found good one for air counter or hit off 5HS(seems like it happens pretty regulary).

If you get an air CH with HS, you can Mist Cancel and pretty much do whatever you want. CH HS>Coin, dash, K-2D>Mist On 1.10 weight chars only. Or maybe only May, haven't gotten a chance to experiment further. CH 2D(1)>MC3, 6HS... CH f.S/HS>MC2, 6K... On air CH f.S>MC, f.S... CH HS>MC3, tk.Ensenga CH HS>MC, HS... CH HS>MC2, dash, HS... CH 2D(1)>MC, K-HS... CH 6HS>iad.K... CH 6P>MC, dash, K-HS... CH HS>LMF1 CH D, KJT, ... CH D, DBT, ... CH D, dash, dash, ... CH c.S>MC, K... Off the top of my head. I made a chart to figure out these kind of things. MSY having released, not one but, two awesome Mist Cancelin combo vids have made my efforts to make an awesome Mist Cancelin combo vid moot. The only thing, now, keeping me from posting the chart is it's readability. I think it's just fine, but then again I made it. If you wanna see it raw I can post it up.

hehe. Thanks a lot. Mist cancel is hard work @_@;; I saw one Mist cancel gattlin chart in Korean GG community but since you made it alraedy, I won't bother translate it. But if you want, let me know. It's just hard to figure out combos by looking at the chart and fit it together.

Hey Guys, I just started playing with Johnny today and really need help with his enkasu combos. Are there any delays or pauses involved in the combos because I can't seem to get it right. For Example I tried this combo on Slayer but it doesn't work for me: Combo: Throw->j.K->j.S->j.D->Enkasu Position: Corner Damage: 67 Tension: 0 Notes: This Enkasu works on: AB, AX, BA, BR, CH, DI, ED, IN, JA, KY, MA, MI, RO, SL, TE, VE. Lol, sorry for being a noob. Any help is appreciated. Z.T

delay is different for each char. for slayer, and most people in general, you only need to do some sort of delay between j.D and Ensenga. at least that's what I do. you might find a different way works better for you.

So basically different delays for each character?

yeah, pretty much

Where do you generally want them to be (In relation to Johnny)? I've seen some vids where Johnny's moreorless under them in the air after the j.D->E, but that only seems to happen on airdash one hits.

Where you want them to be in relation to Johnny is dependent on the setup. And the setup you would use is dependent on the character and where on the screen you are. It's not as important to know where they need to be, for you to 1-hit them, as it is for you to simple know the setup. Since the setup takes care of all that for you. But, to answer your question: Many setups have them positioned above Johnny. When the 1st strike hits, they get popped up and the 2nd strike whiffs under them. At the same time, these same setups have them as close to being directly above Johnny as possible. So, that when the 1st strike hits, they don't get pushed into the 2nd strike's hitbox. This is why setups involving a corner and an airdash are so universal, but not always economical. It's gets them above Johnny and so deep into the corner that character hitboxs become irrelevant.

Ok, I have a really scrubby combo. It's absolutely impractical to land, but if you do, it's probably a good use of resources. Here goes: Close-up :n::h: , Lvl 3 :d::df::f::p: , Jump forward, j.:k: , j.:s: , Jump Cancel, j.:k: , j.:s: , j.:du: , :b::db::d::df::f::h: I tested it on Faust, and maybe some other characters. I forget whether the Ensenga connected for two hits corner or midscreen, maybe it'll whiff midscreen. Anyway, you can truncate the air combo if necessary. Now for what's important: The damage. 238, if I remember correctly. In any case, you could probably make the combo better by tossing in a :d::db::b::s: FRC and doing something longer. Disclaimer: This combo is just for fun, you will probably never connect with a close-up :n::h: AND have Lvl 3 AND have practiced this combo.

The air combo at the end isn't exactly hard, but it's good to know that there's followup after a MFPL3. Does anyone have any tips on landing j.S-JC-j.S? On anybody? I've always used the basic air combo with j.KS-JC-j.KSDE, which works fine, but watching videos, I always see them go for the j.KS-JC-j.SHDE. I tried in practice mode, but when I get to the JC-j.S part, they always seem to tech out. Is it just a practice thing, or is there something I'm missing? (Also, can I do this on everybody in the cast minus Pot?) EDIT: I realize I'm missing the KJ FRC and stuff, but hopefully, you guys get the idea >_>. (Connecting the damn j.S-JC-j.S)

If you're near the corner you can do: ...>HMF3, dash, c.S>j.K-S-HS>KJ(frc), HS>D, land, j.K-S>dj.S-HS>KJ(frc), S>tj.S-HS-D>Ensenga j.S>j.S is hard at first, just practice it. Try tapping up before the first j.S hits (but not before the j.S its self) so that you jump-cancel it as soon as possible. That should help you with the timing.