Sign in to follow this  
Kairi

Slayer AC Combos

Is bite into BBU hard to be mashed out of by human player? If yes, I'm gonna love his bite again.

bite -> BBU only combos on level 2 stagger recovery.

Yeah if they can mash out of it, you can substitute in 2K 2H BBU. I doubt many people could mash out of that.

Ok I was messing with combos in the combo thread and I can't land: *launch (e.g. BBU)* → <H [JC] j.2K → delay j.K → land> x3 → H xx PB At most, I can get like...one rep of the H JC j.2K j.K loop. And after I wanna finish it, the pile bunker won't land, they're always too high in the air. Could be because I was practicing vs. slayer, but what's the trick to this combo? Even if you land j.K as low to the ground as possible and follow up with 5H, they can usually tech out after being hit for a while.

you have to make the 5H bounce low, and that is dependent on how low the character is to the floor while the 5H hits if they are too far up, they bounce higher, so i will just junk the idea of doing PB after and do somethign like DOT or another relaunch to knockdown if they are not really that low to the ground, character i have seen work on alot are... Ky though.. cause he has a funky hit box :p

technicality shmaticality. xx slayer did shit damage, but he was invincible half the match and killed you if he bit you. #r slayer i don't remember shit about it. / slayer did good damage from nothing pretty much single handedly due to f+hs x pb. ac slayer does good damage, but only vs airborne characters as in the case with /. sure, you have more chances to launch, but you still need meter majority of time. plus, you do way more damage in / than in ac as you add more tension to your combos. don't even fucking start with CH dot's and shit here. oh well i suck. btw, bite does more damage than regular throw. i heard bite is invincible to throws, so it's definitely something you should add to your arsenal. especially when people are going nuts trying to block 6k's on reaction, i'm sure you'll have more chances to land it. you can even land s.hs after a bite if you surprise them once in a while... even if they block, you can go into mappa feint and do classic slash mixups. bite bite bite.

i remember once i played my friend i did bite he wiggles it i bite again so he wiggles out bite resets, did it x3 and it was making me laugh pretty hard XD.. til he finally jumped out :p

Well, the airborn thing is true, but because EVERYTHING links into 2K 2H BBU, he can pretty much get an air combo whenever he wants, regardless. 2H launching on any hit is his biggest addition this game. Even up close, you can combo it without meter. Also, his air combos do WAY more damage than they used to. All I ever remember doing was 6H into pilebunker for damage in slash. Now because of how they changed him, you can really make use of his ENTIRE arsenal and work damage in. It's wonderful. Oh yeah and slash dandy helped his wake up game and cross ups A LOT. I can't tell you how many free hits I get S dandying under an airborne opponent and owning them crosswise or bunker. As for bite.....6K blocked into bite in the corner is still a really good setup. I actually like bite better this time around because I'm not fucking up bite loops after 3 or 4 bites. bite bite bite SUPER JUMP god damnit. Since this is a combo thread I should post something relative to combos. I found (midscreen) 6P FRC 5H IAD j.D j.2K j.K relaunch today. Kinda cool,

what's the timing like on the j.D>j.2K? I can never seem to do it, the j.D just smacks them to the ground before I can get the j.2K to come out ;_;

technicality shmaticality.

xx slayer did shit damage, but he was invincible half the match and killed you if he bit you.

#r slayer i don't remember shit about it.

/ slayer did good damage from nothing pretty much single handedly due to f+hs x pb.

ac slayer does good damage, but only vs airborne characters as in the case with /. sure, you have more chances to launch, but you still need meter majority of time. plus, you do way more damage in / than in ac as you add more tension to your combos. don't even fucking start with CH dot's and shit here.

oh well i suck.

btw, bite does more damage than regular throw. i heard bite is invincible to throws, so it's definitely something you should add to your arsenal. especially when people are going nuts trying to block 6k's on reaction, i'm sure you'll have more chances to land it.

you can even land s.hs after a bite if you surprise them once in a while... even if they block, you can go into mappa feint and do classic slash mixups.

bite bite bite.

#R slayer was the best version. ch pilebunker dizzy combos were easy as hell, bite infinite gave you back hella life, 6HS -> pilebunker was too good, pretty much could rape you anywhere with j.D ultimate knockdown into dumbass okizeme stuff. plus you had option select air throw :3333

XX was 2nd best. he had absolutely shit okizeme, the shittiest most situational combos ever, but he had 23f BDC (@_@), and bite infinite that was beyond broken. potemkin match-up was like completely impossible

slash was alot better than #R because you got more damage from 2HS CH, better ranging, waaaaay better oki, but you got shitty knockdowns (unless you had 50% tension) and sometimes limited options due to just the way he was designed at this point. they still used too much of XX slayer as a design, so his damage options were limited still, but he usually killed your ass once he hit you.

AC is probably the new best, because you get back the complete bullshit (CH DoT), you incredibly okizeme (close slash -> pilebunker), you get the craziest air combo ability (2K -> 2HS -> BBU), and you get some bullshit invinicbility at mappa range back (BBU). and bite is useful again (bite -> BBU leads to like 160 damage)

too bad BDC sucks ass, but oh well~

#R:just to clarify Bite wasn't really infinite.. max was 9 hits.. 10 if you push it.. since bite after like 8 hits did mass push back. but overall #R has overall best dmg in terms of off of random hits from CH PB BDC wasn't so bad either you can still go through supers and stuff XX: had best BDC he was still a new character then his dmg option was limited in situation but his attacks then were pretty buff. also because his BDC was soo good you probalby only need to Bite most of the time and some pile bunker hits.. Slash: BDC nerfed more so then #R, dmg comes more situational... overall still needs tension to do big dmg.. more of a mix up character, some dmg was easier to get because of some mods. AC: more option to get dmg, stil can mix up... BDC nerfed even more, so it is limited etc... Good dmg for less tension... so to sum it all up, Slayer needs good amount of tension to do any real dmg from XX->Slash AC is the best improvement on using less tension to do pretty good dmg.. also giving him MORE options.

Did a combo tonight on accident that turned out to be really awesome and I got a "WTF ARE YOU SERIOUS?" from someone watching. 6H air hit -> 236236H -> K Mappa -> 5K JC Air combo Did a fuckload of damage vs. May too.

hmm i am feeling up to the challenge of TRYING to make a Slayer CV.. but since i have no way to record without lag while playing i am gona use the record system to do the combo then replay it and record.. what do you guys think?? will the combo look shitty because its done in record mode? even though i know its limited 15 seconds but what you guys think? no other way to record without lag ;P

what's the timing like on the j.D>j.2K? I can never seem to do it, the j.D just smacks them to the ground before I can get the j.2K to come out ;_;

Try iad.ing slightly higher than usual; this should give you enough height for the j.2K to come out.

Hey that was a really good video. A lot of realistic combos that you can actually do in a match. Very well done. In the future, try using different stages / costumes for variety, otherwise it was awesome though :yaaay: Oh and what's the trick for setting up 2 hit DHD? Does the j.H work on a lot of characters or what?

Hey that was a really good video. A lot of realistic combos that you can actually do in a match. Very well done.

In the future, try using different stages / costumes for variety, otherwise it was awesome though :yaaay:

Oh and what's the trick for setting up 2 hit DHD? Does the j.H work on a lot of characters or what?

2hit DHD is still pretty different through out each character, Millia for some reason was somewhat easy.. you just have to do it some what fast after jH about to recover, for baiken, more delay, some character you have to do direct TK into it after DOT while they are still stick on the wall or about to fall cause of hit box stretch etc.. after my summer class is over i can do some research and see what i can find :X soem stuff i just so happen to find on the whim as i was doing the combo XD...

Thx for watching it guys ^^

Here's the ultimate combo: BBU -> BBU -> BBU -> 5H FB Pile Bunker -> Mappa ZOMG. Fun to end rounds with though when you have a ton of meter and want to be flashy.

BBU -> BBU -> BBU -> 5H FB Pile Bunker -> Mappa

LOL what a hillarious ending =D

Random combo that works on just about everybody: CH 2HS, 5HS, sjc~iad j.D, j.2k, j.k land, then you can 1)5HS, pile/ex pile(character specific) 2)5S into aircombo

Do you guys ever use j.H in air combos? I see the dude in final side using it a ton but I haven't bothered to try to work it into my game. Is it any good?

Sign in to follow this