Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjholmes2

[CS1] Hazama Complete Guide

And I'm sure I've seen vids of him just throwing the chain up in midair and swinging at some point?

I think so too. I'll go ahead and add that to the guide, and remove it later if it is disproved.

DP looks pretty safe, so I should hope he gets nothing for it without RCing. And I thought it has been clearly demonstrated that Hazama can latch on to nothing and swing (like spider man). Or did I miss something subtle?

DP looks pretty safe, so I should hope he gets nothing for it without RCing.

And I thought it has been clearly demonstrated that Hazama can latch on to nothing and swing (like spider man). Or did I miss something subtle?

thats what ive been thinking this whole time as well, the whole latch into projectiles thing still seems like something u could only rly implement successfully if u had super reflexes.

Yeah, yeah, I know, but still...

A little further reading leads me to believe you MAY need to dash after a landed kick super to connect further hits. Looks pretty tight to me.

ASTRAL!!!: Thousand Souls:1632143D or 6321463214D (apparently you can do either) . Raging Storm OR double hcb to kill someone :yaaay:

Ah, the ol' Raging Storm pretzel is actually used once again! Also, 4r5, everything is subject to error, so if something seems (or is) wrong, no need to be so nice about it. ;)

The same as 236C>5B>3C~ (I have no clue, supposed to be a throw combo?

Remember that google translate is going to put stuff out of order since its assuming right-to-left Japanese sometimes (a lot of the time).

236C, 5B > 3C The Rest~ (ie. the same combo you would do after 3C normally). 236C is a command grab that leaves them in hitstun right next to you.

Ouroboros can grab a location if you do a followup before it hits anything, or if it extends to max range.

5C xx 236236B, 4D xx 623D, 632146C is 5.9k lol

And I thought it has been clearly demonstrated that Hazama can latch on to nothing and swing (like spider man). Or did I miss something subtle?

by DP are we talking about 623D? or 214D~C?

I've seen plenty 'a time where hazama does 214D~C into 623D and then dash 3C (or just oki)

Remember that google translate is going to put stuff out of order since its assuming right-to-left Japanese sometimes (a lot of the time).

:|: well don't I feel silly now.

Haven't found any match up data, but special move properties shouldn't be hard to dig up. I'll see what I can do.

by DP are we talking about 623D? or 214D~C?

I've seen plenty 'a time where hazama does 214D~C into 623D and then dash 3C (or just oki)

214DB is the flashkick move. 214DC is the combo-y move. CH 214DB, 623D into whatever is ez mode 1.8k + oki or super followup option. Can probably do 4D into whatever instead.

214DB is the flashkick move. 214DC is the combo-y move. CH 214DB, 623D into whatever is ez mode 1.8k + oki or super followup option. Can probably do 4D into whatever instead.

yeah sorry, had a brain fart, I meant 214D~B

also of note that it might not be possible to follow up if you hit with the very edge of the flash kick while opponent on ground...looks like they fly too far away to 623D...I'm thinking the only option may be the 30degree chain, and that's iffy (and follow-up might not be too great)

course, I'm sure you could follow up with some crazy throw/cross-up mix-up

Oh yeah, does anyone have a list of gatlings? And yes, I know asking for a matchup chart this early is a little stupid, but I'm sure people have some sort of idea of how well Hazama fares against the rest of the cast.

236D: Hazama emits a black energy wave directly in front of him. Good reach and somewhat Invincible(?) but gives disadvantage on block. Removes a point of guard primer (?). Blows the opponent away on CH. Not being used for much at the moment. It's being likened to Ragna's old Dead Spike right now (in terms of usability). 214D: Hazama enters a stance that is canceled by other inputs. It is unconfirmed, but believed that holding the stance longer increases the tech time of follow ups. Puts Hazama in a counter hit state. >A: Heel drop. Lower body invincible (?). Combos into 2A. >B Seems to be the flash kick. Hard to combo from without RCs. May not be invincible. Still used as anti-air. It's counter bait due to a slow recovery. >C: A slow low attack that removes one point of guard primer. Seems to be mostly safe on block. Can combo to 5C on hit. Combos from 3C. >D Cancels the stance. Takes long enough to recover that Mist Canceling isn't possible :( More soon.

236C: Short range command throw. Staggers when it connects allowing a 5B combo, but prorates poorly. 623D: Hazama strikes upward with his chain. On hit, slams the opponent to the other side. Air unblockable. During the loketests, this went into loop combos. Looks like you can only relaunch from it now if you dump them in the corner with it. aerial 214B A heel drop. Staple combo ender. Appears to be a mid, but does a point of guard primer damage. Causes knockdown(?). 236236B: Instant upward kick. Invincible start up. Does a point of Guard Primer. Is possible to dash>5C after hit. Apparently prorates very well. 632146C: Creates a homing portal on the ground during start up much like Dizzy's Necro super. Fast. It is, however, very blockable. Does around 2300. May be comboed from in the corner, but it's difficult? And I'm spent.

Ouroboros stock is slowly regained, one at a time, while on the ground, to a maximum of two stocks.

From vids I've seen. Ouroboros looks to always recover back to 2. I've seen him go from 1 to 2 and from 0 to 2, but never 0 to 1. And being on the ground or in the air, or hitting or getting hit doesn't seem to affect his recharge. I've seen him use up a charge, then counted 4 seconds till he recovered, and I've also seen him use a charge and recover before I could finish saying "one". So shrug.

Also I think you should reword the Ouroboros Overview. The bit on the background may cause some confuse among noobies, implying that background elements or stages somehow have an affect on the gameplay. Just say something like how Ouroboros sends out a snake head that travels to it's maximum distance or in till it makes contact with the opponent, another projectile, or when you perform a followup in which case it stops where it is.

Using A to cancel his Drive does not consume any of his Ouroboros stock. Should probably be mentioned.

I would think there's a counter for the ouroboros, like every X seconds stock is reset to 2. Reason being is I see a lot of Hazama people in the videos blow out some meter trying to break the enemy's guard, presumably because they know it'll reset in the next few seconds (which it always did) might just be my imagination though~

214D: Hazama enters a stance that is canceled by other inputs. It is unconfirmed, but believed that holding the stance longer increases the tech time of follow ups. Has properties as a counter during active frames (WHAT?!)

Is that a google translate interpretation? Pretty sure they mean Hazama is in counter-hit state while you're in the stance.

Is that a google translate interpretation? Pretty sure they mean Hazama is in counter-hit state while you're in the stance.

Right that would make more sence. Forgive me, it's a lot of moonspeak to go through :p

Fixed.

Hazama's drive, Ouroboros, is a two part technique. With the first press of D, he will launch out Ouroboros. After either extending to its max range, clashing with a projectile, hitting the opponent, or being followed up, it will stop. Follow-ups are available at any time during the Ouroboros' travel. These have differing effects, depending on the button pushed. Ouroboros stock is slowly regained to a maximum of two stocks.

Is that better?