Sign in to follow this  
Honnou

NEW I-NO General FAQ and Update Thread: No more random threads all over the place!

Who says i'm not trying? l never said that. lt's just hard is all and l haven't mastered it.

Yes, l play GG on my PSP. So inputting the command is very hard. l manage to get it every time l do it individually, but every 5 times in a basic 6p, 5hs, 360HCL6FRC6 combo.

@DW. Everyone is different if you haven't noticed at this point.

l had it on ps2 but then the CD broke. (...don't ask)

So l bought a psp and the GG UMD thinking it'd be easier... yeah

But practice is working. l practiced for 10 mins just now. Now i'm able to do it every 3 times. l found a mental spot to input everything.

6frc6 is easy, I dunno what you're talking about.

Almost as easy as...THIS

4471400374_450819b53d_o.jpg

And yeah Dahlia, don't mind watches unless he says something intelligent

Has anyone tried using far slash meaty as oki? I've been trying to figure out options from it but you have to be pretty close and sometimes it wiffs but sometimes it doesn't... What's the deal with the random wiffing at close ranges?

l used to, but it's a pretty shitty move in general and she has far superior oki mixup options.

I guess I should elaborate a little, I'm trying to set up a way to crank up guard guage and far slash does that pretty well, some strings I've played with are, meaty f.s,2p,f.s,5k,f.s and meaty f.s,f.s,5k,fs... I know these strings aren't air tight, but if it helps me be a little random and crank up some guard guage with out tension, it can't be that bad can it?

Well... you're basing your strategy off of luck. Not only can f.s whiff, but those combos depend entirely on if your opponent sees what you're doing, most likely they will after the first f.s. Then they'll escape/CH punish you for big damage AND get away, and that's bad.

I mean, if you can find a way to prevent them from escaping? Maybe a STBT after the f.s, or an air combo followup.

I'm pretty sure you can only an invincible on meaty f.s 5k f.s string... Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen koichi abuse f.s in the corner. I'm trying to see if a meaty f.s can prevent a jump escape from a second f.s... If so, that could be fun to play with... I don't have much time to experiment at home as of late because of the job, that's why I was asking... I'll hop on the system tonight and test it myself...

I usually follow a far slash up with a 2s. It can be a great pressure reset. however this is more of a reaction kind of thing because most of the time i was actually attempting to go from a 2k to cs but distance wasn't right.

if you want to build guard bar use 2h. in fact I would go as far to say that 2h is by far one of her best moves. Insane gaurd build, little recovery, you can link 5K from it, on CH you can TK a UF.

if you want to build guard bar use 2h. in fact I would go as far to say that 2h is by far one of her best moves. Insane gaurd build, little recovery, you can link 5K from it, on CH you can TK a UF.

That's really cool but SUPER spacing dependent. IIRC You can just CH 2hs, hover dash j.s land 6p->combo.

yea, i guess what i meant to say is that you can do pretty much do almost anything from it. (HCL extend works too!) only draws are as you said, things are spacing dependent and you have to have a follow up planned on CH.

HCL extend works too!

5hs/2hs CH HCL misses on Sol, Ky, Order Sol, Jam, A.B.A, Millia, Anji*, Chipp, Robo-Ky, Bridget when it normally connects with 2hs hit->HCL

It also misses (CH or not) completely on Baiken Zappa May Faust.

Use STBT s/hs or TK psycho crusher (hs dive) instead

I couldn't get definite results before bed last night, but I did manage to force player two to block f.s after a meaty f.s during a jump attempt... F.s also stops pushback momentum. I was able to out poke player two's 5p after a meaty f.s with my 5k...

As for 2h, I use it when I want to build guard bar and I have meter to spare... I like 5k,5h,2h,fast note frc,j.k,j.s,land,dash,j.k,2p,5h,2h,slownote to whatever... At that point, j.p becomes a fun toy to play with for about three in game seconds, you can really get some damage from it...

5hs/2hs CH HCL misses on Sol, Ky, Order Sol, Jam, A.B.A, Millia, Anji*, Chipp, Robo-Ky, Bridget when it normally connects with 2hs hit->HCL

It also misses (CH or not) completely on Baiken Zappa May Faust.

Use STBT s/hs or TK psycho crusher (hs dive) instead

well always take everything I say for a grain of salt because I don't test things out vs the whole cast. I make something work and if I like it just implement it into my gameplay. I-No has very few things that work against the whole cast. Although in this situation I'm fairly sure it works on some of those characters.

Did you just record 2H HCL and then press play vs the cast or did you do it uniquely vs each one?

I knew there was no way what you were saying was right so I went into training mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvgfLEyhF_s

HCL extend also works.

Good! I can't get everything, you know. About the bolded text, I actually went in to training and tested vs the entire cast sans kliff/justice. I tested it without delays for the most part. I'm sure there is a nicer way of saying this ;o It combos in your video because you delay HCL and let Sol partially recover and his head rises after the initial COUNTER, giving you the hit with HCL. It doesn't combo if you just did 5hs cancelled straight into HCL, which chances are you will do in a match because that normally combos. That is why I said it didn't combo.

I think anything ji'd into 6p hcl frc works on everyone...

5k JI 6p 2d for Ky, Robo ky, Johnny and maybe one or so other character. 5k JI 6p works on pretty much everyone else.

Has anyone tried using far slash meaty as oki? I've been trying to figure out options from it but you have to be pretty close and sometimes it wiffs but sometimes it doesn't... What's the deal with the random wiffing at close ranges?

It has a blind spot in between I-no and the guitar laser. People can run through it as it's forming. It can be good as an oki when you couldn't get close enough for anything else. It catches backdashes too. 5s(far) vs heavy opponents can be linked to 5hs (which goes to TK HCL, IAD j.k j.s VCL, tk FB, jc j.s j.hs etc.) 5s(far) vs other opponents can be combo'd straight into j.s j.hs if in range, link 5k into HCL 6frc6 on some characters (millia for example), or straight into TK FB.

Question,

can I-no reversal vcl eddies unblockable so that she is put into aerial combo state to not get dizzied or does eddies j.k knockdown on counter?

I've tried this. You're better off trying to block the unblockable. Why? Eddie usually will do the puddle unblockable (I'm guessing this is what you were referring to) with j.s for crossup/fake crossup or j.hs for its meaty properties. You're giving him a free air counter hit that can be confirmed into 6p into an air combo, land again, high jump combo that will take off a LOT of your life bar and build your stun anyways.

Ok, about the blind spot,

do you get the feeling that the hit box on f.s is random? Sometimes I'll f.s the blindspot for testing purposes and it hits sometimes after a couple misses. Anyone know why? My only guesses are that standing animations have swaying hitboxes (highly doubt) or that f.s has a random hot box...

For funzees,

an opponent can't run in on you if you meaty the fat part of her f.s and if they jump they will get hit or have to block, on top of that, blocking a f.s in the air does not allow you to jump out of the next... I'm thinking that you could possibly psuedo trap someone trying to escape the corner... I'll experiment soon enough... You think there's a possible benefit to this? I know you can inertia hcl and be possitive 1 on block... This me be a plausible block string...

Standing and crouching animations do sway a little for some characters. Try playing around with Millia's standing animation.

Running animations can vary as well. Ever seen Sol or ABA randomly run over a sweep or Slidehead?

As a pad player I recently "switched to stick" by using the analog stick on the Ps2 controller and changing dust from R1 to R3 so that I can put my right hand over the buttons. For the past couple of days I had been unsuccessfully trying TK HCL FRC airdash on non JC-able slashes (2HS, 2S) because I didn't realize TK doesn't work with these... as I continued to tighten up my timing I tried on a 5HS and sure enough, I've got it. I thought you folks would find that funny.

However, I'm not sure how the JI works exactly... I don't wanna be constrained to going from only 5HS or 5K... anyone wanna help me expand my options?

Sign in to follow this