Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Final Ultima

[CS1] Ragna Combo Thread

Actually your damage numbers are really off.

2C 3C BK 6C DC 6D j.D (whiff) 6D j.D (whiff) hj8.D delay dj9.D 214C 6DD 5D CS

That combo does 6630.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrBzn41Syik

6417, 62 meter. You can omit the GH at the end and go straight in to 5D if you want to end in CS. Can replace 2C with 5B.

Don't think this one was posted yet, I think it does 6777 (at work right now, so can't verify) and requires 50 heat (earned in the combo itself):

FC 2C 3C 22C, (DC) 5B 2C 6C(DC), 2C 5D(DC) 6A(JC) j.C(JC) j.C BE, (DC)5D 22C, (DC)5B 3C 22C (RC dash) 3C 22C.

Easy to do, loads of damage and no BK.

BK combos starting from a mid hit(my bad if anyone's seen these in a video?)

6B-2C-6C-214214D-dash-6D-j.D whiff-6D-j.D whiff-SJ j.D-delay-j.7D-214C-6D-j.D-SJ j.D-j.7D-214C-6D-j.D-jc-j.D-623D-236C-214D

5241, varies depending on BE hits

poor man's version which does a little less damage, but makes up for it for being generally more agreeable/practical on the cast

6B-2C-6C-214214D-dash-6D-j.D whiff-214B-small delay 214D-SJ j.D-falling j.D-6D-j.D-SJ j.D-j.7D-214C-6D-j.D-jc-j.D-623D-236C-214D

5175 damage, honestly feels more worth it, you can combine the two and do two 6D's into a GH but you don't get double belial meter gain along with the health gain from the first setup, so overall if you CAN do the 1st one go for it, if you're not confident(online, tv lag, etc.) just do the 2nd

There's almost never going to be a scenario where CH 2D hits, but I'll just post a CH 2D > BK combo that I found while messing around.

CH 2D > BK > (dash if needed) 5C > jc j.D > j.D > land 6D > j.D whiff > hj j.D > jc j.D > BE > 6D j.D > 5D > carnage scissors

>> 5284 on 19 hits, 5322 on 20 hits

First hit of BE must whiff otherwise CS's second hit won't connect, yada yada yada.

Minimum heat required is 47. The 2D nets you 3 heat, enough to do BK, and the whole combo gives you just enough heat to do CS at the end.

CS2 might be close, but that didn't stop me from experimenting!

I thought I'd experiment with linking stuff after a 2C FC. So far I can do FC 2C, dash 5B OR FC 2C, 6A OR FC 2C, dash 2C, then follow those up with a combo. Both the following combos are meterless.

Combos I tried out so far are with dash 5b (I'll explain the dash soon enough):

FC 2C, dash 5B* > 6A> 2C >5D (1st hit) > GH > **(almost max delay) followup> 5c >hjc>j.C>j.D > jc> j.C > ***BE > dash6D > j.D > jc > jC > DID > upper > ax kick

Damage: 4850 Heat: 56

*dash 5B so that 2C can hit, and the 1st hit 5D can connect, otherwise it won't work.

** you can do the GH followup abit earlier, and still hit them with the 5C, but you'd have to j.C>j.D>jc> j.C> j.D> BE, for BE to bounce.

***for some reason BE doesn't always hit the required number of hits to get 4850 damage, it'll be a bit lower (I think 4819). Probably has something to do with the jump cancel orientations/angles, or maybe I've max delay hitted with 5c after GH followup, I dunno.

You can do a variation for more heat:

FC 2C, dash 5B >6A >2C >5D (1st hit)> GH > *almost max delay* followup> 5c > hjc >j.C >j.D > jc> j.C> BE > dash6D > j.D> jc > jC > BE > 5D (1st hit)> DID > upper >ax kick

Damage: 4794 Heat: 61

I haven't tried any FC 2C, 2C combos, because I've spent more than an hour getting the above combos down for match use, as well as combo data. Hell, I even got the Training mode trophy, and my hands hurt:gonk:. Anyways, I guess FC 2c, 2c will yield even more damage than the above combos.

Ah well, see ya later guys.

Leaving me with BB all day yesterday left me messing with 6C combos.

CH 3C > 6C > dc 5D > 6A > sjc j.C > jc j.C > BE > (dash optional) 6D > j.D > j.C > BE > 5D > 22C

Nets about 4.5k or 4.6k. Don't really remember, I'll get back to you guys on that. If you're really gutsy, you can replace 6D onwards with two 22Cs to get 5k, I think.

CH 6C > dc 6C > dc 5D > 6A > sjc j.C > jc j.C > BE > 6D > j.D > j.C > BE > 5D > ID

I think this one gets 4.3k, but again I'm not too sure. Because of the OH SO MANY dash cancels, it's really good for pushing the opponent into the corner. You may have to adjust after the dash cancels so that you don't get mixed up yourself, but you judge for yourself. Generally if you're super close when CH 6C hits, you'll need to adjust.

CH 5D > dc (slight delay) dash 6C > dc 5D > dc 6A > sjc j.C > j.C > BE > 6D > j.D > jc j.C > BE > 5D > ID

Only works on Ragna, Jin, Nai-hito (Noel), Rachel, Tager, Hazama, and Makoto. THIS IS JUST EXPERIMENTING SHUT UP

Leaving me with BB all day yesterday left me messing with 6C combos.

CH 3C > 6C > dc 5D > 6A > sjc j.C > jc j.C > BE > (dash optional) 6D > j.D > j.C > BE > 5D > 22C

Nets about 4.5k or 4.6k. Don't really remember, I'll get back to you guys on that. If you're really gutsy, you can replace 6D onwards with two 22Cs to get 5k, I think.

CH 6C > dc 6C > dc 5D > 6A > sjc j.C > jc j.C > BE > 6D > j.D > j.C > BE > 5D > ID

I think this one gets 4.3k, but again I'm not too sure. Because of the OH SO MANY dash cancels, it's really good for pushing the opponent into the corner. You may have to adjust after the dash cancels so that you don't get mixed up yourself, but you judge for yourself. Generally if you're super close when CH 6C hits, you'll need to adjust.

CH 5D > dc (slight delay) dash 6C > dc 5D > dc 6A > sjc j.C > j.C > BE > 6D > j.D > jc j.C > BE > 5D > ID

Only works on Ragna, Jin, Nai-hito (Noel), Rachel, Tager, Hazama, and Makoto. THIS IS JUST EXPERIMENTING SHUT UP

I posted those in post #21 of this thread, along with whatever other starters you can do it from, but I suppose they weren't added to the first post because I didn't exactly type them all out. I didn't include character specifics on that last one though, I assumed it worked on everyone but I guess not.

Didn't see this posted so far...it's a Hell's Fang RC combo into double Belial, you get all your heat back and it does more damage than dash 6A into double BE. I saw it in a combo video.

(5B, 5C) 214A, 214D, RC, dash 6C, 6A, HJC jC, JC jC, j214C, 6D, jD, JC jC, j214C, 3C/5D 263D... (~3.6k damage, builds 41-57 meter)

Can do it with 5B, 5C, or 5B and 5C at the beginning, but any more normals and the double BE won't be possible.

And here's a double BE from 2B with 22C oki, I saw Kaqn use this:

2B, 3C, 5D, DC 6A, JC jC, JC jC, j214C, 6D, jD, JC jC, j214C, dash 5D, 22C (~3.5k, builds 53 meter)

Let's enjoy the final days of 50 meter every combo while they last...

You can do that combo without the 6A and instead just do 6C wait (or dc it, your choice on range) sjc and then jC jD jc jC and continue from there into double. If you wanted a little more lifegain or whatever. That combo I feel is necessary to have in your arsenal if you want to do well as ragna, I have seen many times where if someone knew that combo they would have won the round, but instead just did hell's fang followup.

Don't know if this was posted yet, I skimmed through the thread.

A Tetsu inspired combo:

starting with 2C FC in the corner

2C FC>3C>22C>dash 5B>5D>22C>dash 5B>6A>6B>22C>dash 5B>3C>22C

4775 damage for 35 heat.

EDIT: Alternatively, you can do dash [5B>5D>22C]x2>dash 5B>3C>22C

for 4875 damage and 38 heat.

adding RC dash 5D>22C>RC dash 3C>22C you can get 5675 damage.

EDIT: Adding RC dash 5D>22C>RC>dash 3C>22C with [5B>5D>22C]x2 gets you 5712 damage.

This combo is for being flashy/trolling.

EDIT EDIT: Testing shows it works on the following:

[bang, Hakumen, Tsubaki, Hazama(finicky), Lambda, Tager, Litchi(finicky), Taokaka, Noel(finicky), Ragna, and Jin(finicky)

^I think you can do FC 2C, 3C, 22C, dash 5B, 2C, 6C, DC 2C, 5D, DC 6A, HJC jC, JC jC, j214C, dash 5D, 22C, dash 5B, 3C, 22C for like 5700...though the above combo certainly looks more hilarious.

Two more combos, probably not posted yet (I think)

FC 2C (hits the opponent in the air) > 6C (first hit will whiff) > dc 2C > 5D(1) > GH + followup > 5B > 6A > (hjc j.C > jc j.C)/(hjc j.C > j.D > jc j.C) > BE > 6D > j.D > jc j.C > BE > 5D > d.ID

Ranges from 4900 to 4950, depending on how many hits BE gets. I was talking to Sev about FC combos if 2C was used as an anti-air (doesn't happen a lot but it happens). I feel like this combo can be more optimized but I'm happy with the way it is right now.

If you use hjc j.C > j.D > jc j.C, the 5D at the end must become 5D(1), otherwise the second hit will whiff.

Of course you can replace everything after 6C with the BK FC 6D whiff loop, starting with two 6D whiffs into GH. And then the rest is the same. Most I got was 8.1k.

3C > 22C > 5B > 6A > hjc j.C > j.D > jc j.C > j.D > BE > dash 5D > 22C > 5B > 5C > oki (Tager only)

This is Tager only since there is NO DASH after the 22C. Tager's hitbox is just too large.

This combo is all about gimmicks, and after 5C you can do TK GH, 2D, IAD, or anything that you can do with a jump cancel. Again, it's more a gimmick than a BnB.

Note: You don't actually have to start with 3C. It'll work with some other starters, but some moves tacked on before 3C that prorate a bit (such as 2B and 2A) will let them tech the air combo. What you can do instead of [j.C > j.D] x 2 is hjc j.C > j.D > delay BE. It's only a slight timing issue, but it's not that much harder.

That is corner only, and looks really hard to do, timing the followups for ID like that, I doubt I'd be able to do such a combo in the heat of battle. Can't speak for anyone else though.

Ok, here's the annotation for it:

5B>6A>5C>5D (1st hit)> CID> max delay upper> immediate ax kick> falling j.C> (JC(?))> BE> 5D> 22C (dash 5B, 3C>22C)

Damage: 3624 (single 22C) 4151 (double 22C) Heat: 31 / 38

hot combo.

2C 3C 214D dash 5A 5B 5D jB jC jC j214C dash 6DD jC 214C 5D 22C RC 3C 22C

works everywhere doesn't require fatal. 50 heat 4924 i believe

dash 5A is not needed in the corner.

Quick 4k Damage. These combo's are already posted but ill list anyway

5b 3c 5d dash 6a HJC 5.jc 5.jd JC 5.jc BE 6d.d JC BE short dash 5d 22c RC 3c 22c.

Heat Gained:52 Heat Used: 50 = 4 heat gain(if you include the 3c 22c)

Heat Gained For opponent: 31.

Total hits: 30

Very Basic BE combo

5b 6a j.5c j.5d JC j.5c BE -wait a little bit- j.5c j.5d JC j.c BE short dash 5d ID

Heat gained: 48 Heat Used: 0 Total Heat: 48

Total Hits: 26

i discovered this fancy one. this combo is mid screen only.

2c 3c 623c 236c -delay- 236c 22c <-(mid screen) RC 6a jc 5.jc 5.jd JC 5.jd BE short dash 5d 22c

Dmg: 4198 Heat Needed:50 Heat Used:50

Total hits:22

*note: after the 3c wait for them to hit the ground before the ID

For extra damage:

2c 3c 623c 236c -delay- 236c 22c <-(mid screen) RC 6a jc 5.jc 5.jd JC 5.jd BE short dash 5d 22c RC 5d 22c.

Dmg:4714 Heat Needed: 100 Heat Used: 100

Total : hits 26

Tager specific combo:

5b 6a HJC 5.jc 5.jd JC 5.jc 5.jd BE 6d.d JC 5.jc BE 5d 623D 236c 214D

Dmg:3496

Total hits:27 Heat Gained: 51

Due to Tager's Hit box. a Weak Basic combo is now a BNB

Tager specific combo:

5b 6a HJC 5.jc 5.jd JC 5.jc 5.jd BE 6d.d JC 5.jc BE 5d 623D 236c 214D

I already posted this in the second half of post #37. It's not the same exact one, but it's damn near close.

2c FC 3c 623c 236c 236c 22c(Mid Screen) -short dash- 5b 6a JC 5.jc 5.jd JC 5.jc BE -short dash- 5d 22c RC 5d 22c RC 3c 22c

Total hits:30 Damage:5209 Heat needed:100

This one requires alot of heat and is mid screen only. And a little advanced.

OK--- This one is alot more Reasonable But Requires Stricter timming.

2c FC 3c 623c delay 236c delay 236c 22c(Mid Screen) short dash- 5b 6a JC 5.jc 5.jd JC 5.jc BE -short dash- 5d 22c -short dash- 5b 3c 22c RC 3c 22c

Hits:30 Damage: 5145 Heat needed: 50

Both of these are mid Screen only. the 2nd one is advanced.

Was experimenting with some TK Gauntlet Hades combos and I found an interesting one thats good for damage and heat gain and it puts you at a good position in the beginning of a match if you manage to land this on someone who loves approaching from the air. (Hazama, Mu etc.).

CH TK GH > Dash 5B > 5D(DC) > 6A> hjc > j.C > j.D > J.C > j.214C > 6D > J.C > J.214C > Dash 5D > 623D > 236C > 214D

Does 4.5+k normally. 4.6 if you get an extra BE hit in. and it gives 58 heat.

a Blood kain combo starting from a counter hit 3c. im pretty sure this is tao specific

BK 3c (counter) JC j.5d 6d.d(2nd hit miss) 6d.d(2nd hit miss) GH (delayed + follow up) 6d.d(2nd hit miss) 6d.d(2nd hit miss) HJC 5.jd JC adjust 5.jd BE short dash 5d 22c RC 3c 22c 3c 22c

Total hits 27

Damage: 7474

Boredom strikes again!

(mid-screen to corner) 6B, 2C, 6C (DC), 623C -> delay 236C -> immediate 214D, falling j.C (JC), j.B, j.C, j.214C, dash 5D, 22C, dash 5B, 3C, 22C

Damage: 4350 (with 5C), 4507 (with 2C)

Works on Rachel, Taokaka, Tager and Haku-Men. The purpose of this combo is to allow a 6C combo to end in a precious 22C. This is especially useful if you land a 6B at max range, where nothing other than 5C, 6C could possibly connect anyway. In most cases, the Upper needs to be delayed as much as possible to maximize the opponent's height relative to your own. This way, they spend more time plummeting towards the ground after the Kakato Otoshi, giving Ragna time to drop low enough to land the j.C. Against Rachel and Tager, you can opt to do the Upper immediately instead of delaying it. That said, if you decide to delay it against Tager, don't go for the Upper when Tager is at max height or the Kakato Otoshi will whiff.

When you get to the falling j.C, you need to land it at the tip of the hitbox if you can help it. If you go too low, you'll touch ground before it becomes active. Please note that the Kakato Otoshi relaunch setup actually works for a lot of situations, so experiment to see what combos you can turn into 22C combos. The important thing is that the opponent needs to be significantly above you when you go for the Inferno Divider, everything from there works pretty much the same.

For example...

(near corner) CH j.214B, dash 5B, 2C, 5D (1 hit), 623C -> delay 236C -> immediate 214D, falling j.C (JC), j.B, j.C, j.214C, dash 5D, 22C, dash 5B, 3C, 22C

Damage: 5412

Best meterless, non-Fatal Counter combo to come to mind, works in exactly the same way. However, due to the lack of a convenient Dash Cancel moving Ragna up close for the Inferno Divider, this one does need to be in the corner by the time you've landed the Kakato Otoshi.

On a separate note...

(corner) FC 2C, 2C, 3C (JC), j.214B, 22C, 2C, 6C (DC), 6B, 22C, 2C, 6C (DC), 5D, 22C, [dash 5B, 3C, 22C] x2

Damage: 6679

Quintuple 22C combo, obviously Tager only. FC 2C into another 2C is actually surprisingly tight, but the key to landing it is to press the button much earlier than you'd expect and leave the rest to Advanced Input. As for the j.214B, you've just got to Tiger Knee it as soon as the 3C lands. If you accidentally get a High Jump Cancel when doing the j.214B, the 22C will just barely fail to connect in time, so be careful there. The rest of the combo pretty much speaks for itself, Tager's wideass hitbox lets you do all kinds of crazy things.

If at the end of the combo you're close to winning the round or if you really just want to ruin someone's day, you can push the damage to 7502 if you Rapid Cancel the last 22C and follow up with a dash 5D (1 hit), 22C (RC), dash 3C, 22C for a whopping seven 22Cs in one combo. You get bonus cool points for doing a Ragna combo that doesn't involve a single Belial Edge too. If you omit the second 2C and the j.214B, this combo works anywhere provided you dash after the Dash Cancels.

Edit: Now with video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FoeXZAbr7U

A continuation of what Final Ultima posted above, only these versions work anywhere on the screen.

The basic formula works like this. After any B&B that doesn't allow a 22C and uses a SINGLE BE, do this:

(after BE) dash 6A, TK CID, delay Upper, delay Heel Drop, falling j.C -> BE~

Basic example, do 4B+C, dash 5D -> DC, j.B-C, JC dj.C -> BE, dash 6A, TK CID, delay Upper, delay Heel Drop, falling j.C -> BE, dash 5D -> 22C

This combo does 3456 dmg and gives 22C oki. The increase in damage compared to the usual combo from 4B+C is ~400 points, plus you get superior oki anywhere on the screen. It's important to TK CID as low as possible, and include a dash before 6A, in order to get the proper height and momentum for j.C to connect after the Heel Drop. The delay for Upper is VERY slight, but you have to delay it or they won't be in proper position.

This extension works off of most non-22C combo starters, including 5B-6A combos, all forms of Gauntlet Hades combos, pretty much any version of throw, including airthrows, anti-air combos, the list goes on (actually that's most of them, lol). There are a few setups where this will not work, the B&B CID combo is a good example (proration just gets too high, and too many hits). Otherwise, get creative with it.

Next time, more corner-specific combos for high damage.

Boredom strikes again!

(mid-screen to corner) 6B, 2C, 6C (DC), 623C -> delay 236C -> immediate 214D, falling j.C (JC), j.B, j.C, j.214C, dash 5D, 22C, dash 5B, 3C, 22C

Damage: 4350 (with 5C), 4507 (with 2C)

If you want to Waste 100 heat do the following afterwards.

(mid-screen to corner) 6B, 2C, 6C (DC), 623C -> delay 236C -> immediate 214D, falling j.C (JC), j.B, j.C, j.214C, dash 5D, 22C, dash 5B, 3C, 22C RC 3c 22c RC 3c 22c

Damage: 5360

Also, your combo works everywhere on the screen against rachel.

i'll see if it is mid screen against anyone else.