Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Final Ultima

[CS1] Ragna Combo Thread

Hello peeps! I have a combo which I did not see in the list, and I hope that it can be useful to someone, and I'm sorry if it's not... I'm playing on Hell difficulty and can almost beat Score Attack (can't pass Hazama with Ragna), but I've never fought an actual player. Not any good player anyway, and when I did fight people, it was back in November when I first played the game on a convention =P Anyway, here it is:

5A, 5B, 5C, 5D, (DC), 5C, 623D, j.236C, j.214D

Damage: 2015 (If opponent is in a corner and you skip "(DC), 5C"): 2004

I hope it's usefull! I tend to spam it when I have the opponent in a corner (AI), varying it by skipping everything from "(DC)" and forward, replacing it with Gauntlet Hades, in which it actually damages more, but doesn't look as cool ^^ Damage with Gauntlet Hades instead is 2126.

And I know it's probably a ridiculously basic combo, but still...

2A->5B combo ending in 22C oki. Very easy to hit confirm and no risking a whiffed 5A.

2A->5B->3C,2B->5C(JC)->jC->jD(JC)->jC->j214C,dash 6D->jD(JC)->jC->j214C, dash 5D(2)->22C

Dmg-3008 Heat-49

Crouching alternative netting more heat, slightly less damage and only DID oki.

2A->5B->5C->6C(2)(DC),6A(HJC)->jC(JC)->jC->j214C,dash 6D->jD(JC)->jC->j214C, dash 5D(2)->623D->j236C->j214D

Dmg-2945 Heat-55

2B > 3C > 22C > 66 > 5B > 6A > hjc > j.C > delay > j.D > delay > BE > 66 > 5D > 22C > 66 > 5B > 3C > 22C

3.8 ^_^

i don't thing 2B has any other 3.5 breaking combos.

Here's a nice one:

FC 2C... 5B 2D... 66 5C 2C 5D(DC) jB jC(JC) jC BE 66 5D 22C... 66 5B 3C 22C

Best part is that it allows 22C from non-point blank 2C and does about 5.5K dmg or something (don't remember the exact damage, just that it breaks 5K)

For those too lazy or want all the-musts compiled:

Ok, lemme explain how to achieve a "sucessful" Bnb, which is, a combo for MAX heatgain+Oki, and how Ragna's combos work.

A combo starts when you sucessfully hit something then proceed to chain into more moves that will improve damage and lead to a finisher, thats it, when your opponents tea is ready.

Basic "rules" for making your opponent go to the kitchen:

-Do not use "scrubby" moves twice or more in a combo.

By that I mean, moves with lots of proration, like 5B/5C.This is pretty obvious already, but Its always nice to keep in mind in case you, lets say, hits a Hells Fang and feels like going for the kill or best damage possible. If you try to do anything but this after 5B 5C 214A RC:

2C+/5D blabla, the combo will fail before/after the air starter.HOWEVER, If you use 6C, your combo capabilitiy will RISE dramatically.

While 2C/5D or 2C 5D will only allow you to do a single Belial+Oki, 6C will allow a Double BE+OKI.

Its like 6C made the game believe that you never did the 5B 5C 214A. Thats because 6C is a very good move that will prorate much better the next hit, AND serves as a launcher at same time.This leads to:

-Use the BEST move whenever possible.

Thats it, use the move with less proration/better damage If you can.

If you hit a close range 5B, pretty much every combo will be possible, but we want the best option in the ender, which would be a 22C, so we combo 5B in 3C, blabla ender.

At max range, the basic 5B 5C 214A 214D would be the only possible choice.

Somewhat far, 5B 6A blabla and so on.

And keep an eye for CROUCHING opponents, most of Ragnas painful combos comes from the uber 6C. As I have already said, 6C with magically nullify all(or most) the crap you hit before, allowing the best combo possible.

{[j.C 66 [5B 2B]} or [6B] 5C 2C 6C 66 6A 29 j.C 9 j.C 214C finisher VERY EASY 4k+ and corner oki

Please, dont just 5B 5D blabla ou a crouching opponent, or I'll get ya in your sleep :psyduck:

But remember, common sense...

-Proper distance, proper move

Aka practical stuff.Yes, choose the best move when possible, but sometimes you'll have to settle with something "worse".Corner GH 5B 5D blabla is good, but 2C instead of 5B will wield better results, but its harder to hit consistenly.Being comfortable and familiar with Ragna's moves is the key to combo with high consistency.

Very, that sums up the basic principles for combo'ing.Now I'll talk about the stages involved.

Basically anything that hits(Starter)+Floater+Air Starter+Air Bnb+Double BE+Finisher

Keep in mind that a Floater may act as a starter sometimes.

Floaters These will set you up for the next step.Will leave the opponent helpless at your mercy

- [1] xxx /5D Panic inputted or after an anti air

- [2] 3C 5D For mada owari

- [3] 6C You can input with a different floater for more damage, just dont go overboard

- [4] xxx 6A Basic launcher.Follows up with an Air Starter or 5D.Anything after 5D may fail.

- [5] 2D Knocks down.2B 5C afterwards will setup for air BnB.

Air Starters The link for the rest of the combo, very fundamental

- [1] 5C Very good horizontal range, use when far.Not recommended

- [2] 6A Good diagonal/vertical range, use when close or already inputted 5D.Best launcher,use this one often. As an anti-air, and CH, use [1] Floater, dash in 2C 5D recommended.

- [3] j.B Useful when your victim is very high, and 6A wont reach.Bind with [2] Air Bnb.Use this one also when 6A/5C has been used in the combo.

Basic air BnB For most, this may be the end of a combo, In fact, may be in some cases

- [1] xxx j.C j.D 9 j.C 214C If you are aligned with the opponent in the first j.C, use this. If above, use [2], If lower than you, add a j.D.

- [2] xxx j.C 9 J.C 214C Also use this when you think your combos got too many hits and YOU are kinda lower than the opponent.

- [3] w/e 623C/D If you find youself in a very bad position,messes up, jumped backwards etc, just finish the combo CT Style.

Double BE starters Most sensitive part of a combo, but also rewards with LOTS of extra Heat

- [1] 6D j.D 9 j.C 214C If it doesnt work, opponent techs before j.D/j.C thats it, It just doesnt work in your combo and you CANT do double BE in any way.

- [2] 6A 29 j.D 9 j.C 214C Alternate doubly.Used often after [3] Air Starter and when a 6A wasnt included in the combo.Nice option if you are not confident with dash 6DD.

- [3] 6C 66 29 j.C 9 j.C 214C Very hard to connect properly.Very flashy also, but [1]/[2] are better options.

Finishers The match might be decided here, choose wisely!

Honestly, there are SO MANY and depends so much where you are that I will only list the "proper" way to end a combo since this is all about combos, not Oki/mindgames...well...abit of Oki

Dont forget to dash in!

- [1] 5D 623D 236C 214D Best damage/Health gain overall.Very bad for Oki.

- [2] 5D 214A Use this for better positioning and If you wish to control your opponent better afetr he techs.

- [3] 5D 22C THIS!!! Best possible damage, excellent Oki.Usable only after knocking your opponent somewhere in the combo, like 3C'd/2D'd/DID 214D'd.

- [4] 5D 214B 214D Needs some field testing, but got meh damage and oki as well.

- [5] 3C Best Oki'ing, being second only to 22C. Kinda hard to hit after a Double BE.Besides being jump cancelable, floors your opponent in place because he can only Neutral tech.

Thats it! I hope it helps someone outhere in improving combos or understading better the combo system. :)

CS2 is close (please release patch already!!!), so I thought I'd come up with two flashy combos as a farewell to CS1 Ragna:

Midscreen (works from exactly midscreen to corner, doesn't work from further than that)

Requires 50 Heat

FC 2C > 6C > HF (whiff) > tsuika (hit) > RC > 66 (run) 5C > 5D(1) > GH > max-delayed spin kick > earliest possible 6A > s.j.c. > JC > JD > j.c.> JC > BE > 6D > JD > j.c. > JC > BE > 5D(1) > D. ID > upper > ax kick

31 hits

Does 5087 Damage

Gains back 58 Heat

There are other variants to this one, but this seems to be the highest damage and most heat gain out of them all. Also it's very flashy.

Here's a somewhat less flashy combo:

Midscreen, corner carry

Requires 50 heat

FC 2C > 3C > CS > fastest possible 66 5D > DC > 6A > s.j.c. > jC > JD > j.c. > JC > BE > 66 5D > MOJZ (22C for you BBCS bandwaggoners) > 66 5B > DID > upper > ax kick

26 hits

Does 5320 damage (or was it 5430?)

Gains back 49 heat

Also, I need someone with very good execution to see if TK GH would connect after FC2C > 6C > HF (whiff) > tsuika > RC > 66 (run) 5C. I tried soo many times but can't get TK GH, just GH or 7j.c. jB. Frame data says it's possible. I can do standalone 5C > TK GH, but it's somehow harder to do in the middle of a execution-heavy combo.

Also, I need someone with very good execution to see if TK GH would connect after FC2C > 6C > HF (whiff) > tsuika > RC > 66 (run) 5C. I tried soo many times but can't get TK GH, just GH or 7j.c. jB. Frame data says it's possible. I can do standalone 5C > TK GH, but it's somehow harder to do in the middle of a execution-heavy combo.

Yup, It is possible, but Tsuika needs to hit when the opponent is directly above you;

Just wanted to post one stupid FC combo that you can do to troll all your friends until CS2 is here. Starts about midscreen and ends in the corner, requires 100 meter, gotta get that 2c FC somehow, and finally its execution is piss easy. Alright its just 2C (FC) > 5D > dash > 5D > dash > 5D > dash > 5d > 2141236C

(note the above combo is completely worthless as it requires them to be at pretty much exactly 34% life remaining, still you can troll your friends doing four 5d's in a row)

Not sure if this was posted, but since I posted that might as well post this.

623D (CD RC 1st hit) > 214214D > SjD > falling jD > SjD > falling jD > SjD > falling jD > SjD > j214C > xx > 3C > 5D > 632146D

does 6243 damage for 150 meter (you gain the 50 for super from the combo) just about breaks even in health lost vs gained from BK

People still do BK j.D combos? BK 6D j.D whiff is a lot better, so try to implement that into your 623D RC BK combo.

Some but not many.

The main advantage about combo'ing Tager is that most impratical/hard stuff become easy. Like [22C dash 5B] combos. You wont need to dash.

Tager only combos are somewhat very difficulty also and requires Blood Kain;