Sign in to follow this  
Zaido

Slayer's Character Specific Combos List

Vs Te first combo alredy posted, after relaunch js(2hit)-j2k-jd,13hits 204dmg. 2k-2hs-BBU-(6)5hs-jhs-jk-dj-jk-jd-j2k-jk-land-5k-jd,12hits 199dmg. 2hs(ch)-(6)c.s-f.s-jk-j2k-jk-dj-jk-jd-j2k-jk-land-c.s-jk-j2k-jd,14hits 184dmg(vs axl no f.s). (corner)2hs(ch)-5hs{ji}-sjc-jhs-jd-j2k-jk-{dj-js-j2k-jd}-land-c.s-js(2hit)-j2k-jd,11hit 198dmg. .2hs(ch) in all combos might be change to jhs(ch). after jhs in combos j2k vs po,ro ky. That combos also works vs...stop,that combos work on any char with difrend timing. Hm, i write it later.

okay well i finished re-formatting the first post already, so i'll work your combos in when you've got them all worked out.

fixed it again -- used italics for combos, underlines to indicate variations from the "standard" version, blue color for loop multipliers. the naming scheme is pretty arbitrary, btw, so if anyone has a better idea, post up. i guess maybe i should explain some of my combo notation: - is for gatlings -> is for links and jump cancels c.S = close Slash f.S = far Slash j.S(#) = jump Slash that makes # of hits CH = Counter Hit [8] = press and hold up until you see... ]8[ = release up

seriously though, i think you can get rid of ALL "jump", "-" and "->"'s. anyone who knows anything about the game should know that if you put s.hs, IAD j.d, they'll know that they have to jump inbetween. i don't really see a point in taking up space and making things confusing by adding in transitions like that when it's not necessary. same with leading "..." under alphabetized sections. they are already under a combo starter, tabbed and bulleted so they should know it's a follow up to the approporiate combo starter. just my 2 cents. :) it's not tekken you know. :);) really great job you guys. it's come a long way since day 1. super hugz to zaido and rtl especially.

I think the "this works on" section is confusing. It'd be better if you had a "this doesn't work on" list when there's only a few that it doesn't work on, and excluded damage so it's easier to figure out who we can and can't use it on. I don't think damage done is super important. Hell, maybe you could even just use the little character smilies. But otherwise it looks excellent.

LB: i think the reason that Zaido wrote "jump" in the original combo transcription is to differentiate two possible combos: e.g. (1) 5H -> iad.j.D (2) 5H -> jump -> iad.j.D (although i guess it's not really "instant", anymore) AFAIK, only the second one leads to re-launch combos. I also think it's important to be consistent in differentiating between gatlings and links. People that are picking up the game and learning Slayer need correct info, not sloppiness. For that matter, "anyone who knows anything about the game" probably doesn't need a combo guide like this. Point taken on the unnecessary ellipses ("..."). Villainous: yeah tbh, I was trying to preserve all the info that Zaido originally posted up, so that's why I went with the "This works on (damage done): ..." format. What I was originally thinking of doing was just listing the damage done on some "standard" character, like Sol; the problem is, you can't multiply another character's defense modifier to the damage done on Sol and get the correct damage done to that other character. Character smilies is a good (and cute) idea, I forgot that we even have them. (edit) Unfortunately, there is a maximum of 10 images allowed per post, so that won't work :(

LB: i think the reason that Zaido wrote "jump" in the original combo transcription is to differentiate two possible combos:

e.g.

(1) 5H -> iad.j.D

(2) 5H -> jump -> iad.j.D (although i guess it's not really "instant", anymore)

exactly. the fact that "iad" is on there, that seems like it's instant and the word "jump" is unnecessary. if i was totally new, the following would make more sense.

(1) 5H -> IAD j.d

(2) 5H -> airdash ~2 character lengths high, j.d

I also think it's important to be consistent in differentiating between gatlings and links. People that are picking up the game and learning Slayer need correct info, not sloppiness.

For that matter, "anyone who knows anything about the game" probably doesn't need a combo guide like this.

i thought this combo guide was for someone who knows anything about the game and especially slayer. if not, they would be going to the generic slayer FAQ page and learning basic B&B and not character specifics which already assumes you have knowledge about a lot of things and want to step your game up further.

i don't know. maybe i can come in later and do a find-replace on those and change the font size or something. it just seems like the actual button combinations get bogged down by all the symbols.

for example,

5H -> Jump -> ad.j.D-2K -> j.K -> Land -> c.S -> j.K-2K -> j.K -> dj.S(1)-2K -> dj.D-2K -> dj.D

into

5H, j~ad, j.d, j.2k, j.k, S©, j.k, j.2k, j.k, dj.s(1 hit), j.2k, dj.d, dj2k, dj.d

or a hybrid of ours which i like the best. :)

5H, j~ad, j.d-2k, j.k, S©, j.k-2k, j.k, dj.s(1 hit)-2k, dj.d-2k, dj.d

anyways, you've put much much more thought and time than i did, so it's all on you in the end. it's part of my job to look for things like that. :)

find-replace is your bestest friend. :):)

thanks!

fair enough, i think that's a good point. i'll change the 5H -> Jump -> iad notation. is it worth describing how the 5H -> j~ad.j.D works, as a footnote?

the only thing i have against using commas instead of arrows is that i think arrows are standardized notation for generic links and jump cancels. otherwise, it probably just boils down to personal preference -- you like commas, i like arrows.

if you use commas, you are using standardized "you fully recover, link the next hit". -> is basically saying the next in series. slayer's combos DO have some links, but for the most part it's much easier to read with arrows to space it apart. it's been the standard for years.

I've been using this variation of combo 2 on Ky: 2P -> 2K -> 2D RC 5H -> iad.j.2K, j.K -> Land -> 2S -> j.K-2K -> j.K -> dj.K-2K -> dj.D-2K -> dj.D 189 damage on him. I haven't tested it against all of the other characters you listed but it works against Axl as well and does 192. Is this a good option, or is there a reason to go for IAD j.K instead?

j.K doesn't launch certain light weight character as high if you add j2K they might fly too high up so combo has to be altered even more. certain reason about j2K i dont' use is the iffy untechable time but if it works it works then yea... i just think using jK is much easier timing and so on :O

For Combo 1 has anyone been having trouble hitting both c.S and f.S on Tes? For some reason whenever I do both he is able to tech before I j.K and finish the combo.

if you use commas, you are using standardized "you fully recover, link the next hit".

-> is basically saying the next in series. slayer's combos DO have some links, but for the most part it's much easier to read with arrows to space it apart. it's been the standard for years.

sorry, i missed this post :x

re: commas -- i had no idea about that, actually. i was also kinda going off of how links are represented at history21.client.jp , hence the arrows.

so, in that case, if you guys really would prefer something more consistent, like commas for links, then I have no problem with going back and fixing it up.

I was about to make a new "Slayer and the Mighty Purple Orb" thread, but then I began to agree with Villainous. Let's make this thread fat and chubby!

there is one thing about the 2Hit DHD, there are ones that are 2 hits but techable and the 2 hits Untechable ones, some characters i am able to get the 2hits that are untechable and ones that are techable, should it still be listed? cause some characters i am only able to get techable 2 hits :X

Sign in to follow this