Sign in to follow this  
Zaido

Slayer's Character Specific Combos List

opps ya i mean hold 8,

i just cant find that timing to just pull jD, jD, jD just when i jump

The first j.D has to hit almost the second you leave the ground, and the last j.D has to hit them while they're still spinning. It takes awhile to get the timing down, but once you got it, you got it.

if you can't get the 3rd jD, you can always try the suedo, jD jD jK -> airdash blah blah, some japanese slayer uses this as alternative, i think it works the same way?

Man i am having a lot of trouble getting 2D 5HS IAD j.k j.k land 5HS... any pointers? i can never get the second kick to come out is there something special i have to do during the air dash?

Man i am having a lot of trouble getting 2D 5HS IAD j.k j.k land 5HS... any pointers? i can never get the second kick to come out is there something special i have to do during the air dash?

Make sure you do the first iadK during the "burst" of your airdash so that it extends your glide, then make sure you're waiting long enough on the 2nd kick.

That, or make sure your airdash is high enough to comfortably fit both kicks.

Also I'm pretty sure we've talked about this earlier in the thread.

Also I'm pretty sure we've talked about this earlier in the thread.

we did

people need to start looking back a few pages :yaaay:

OR

its on the Slayer COMBO's Thread... people usually get this thread mixed up so they ask it over there instead of here or vice versa :vbang:

I've found that double tapping (two fingers piano tapping it) the kick button for the first one helps me get the timing right. Then the second one is just an easy link. The first kick coming out at the right time is the hard part.

when i try and do the kick at the "burst" of the dash nothing happens. not even a late kick comes out. >.< this is so frustrating. sorry about bringing this topic backup, i only have a little bit of time to be online while i am at work and didnt want to do forum digging.

when i try and do the kick at the "burst" of the dash nothing happens. not even a late kick comes out. >.<

this is so frustrating.

sorry about bringing this topic backup, i only have a little bit of time to be online while i am at work and didnt want to do forum digging.

just practice: iad -> "instant" j.K, until you notice that you are travelling further than just a "normal" iad.j.K. there is a definite timing to it, and you will have to develop muscle memory for it, so try to isolate that and not practice it during a combo yet (if you haven't done that already).

also um does anyone have any suggestions for good notation for this kind of iad."instant" j.K? i can't think of anything.

when i try and do the kick at the "burst" of the dash nothing happens. not even a late kick comes out. >.<

this is so frustrating.

sorry about bringing this topic backup, i only have a little bit of time to be online while i am at work and didnt want to do forum digging.

You're doing it too soon. Trust me. It's more about the timing than doing it really quickly. Instant is misleading IMO. It's not instantly after you air dash, there's a pause where you can't throw out an attack... It's like right AFTER that burst of speed if you ask me.

so i practiced it a ton last night and i think i got it once in like an hour >.< but IMO it seems worth it to learn as a mid screen combo. also RTL for IAD weird stuff like the delayed air dash and stuff i always used IAD~K

so i practiced it a ton last night and i think i got it once in like an hour >.< but IMO it seems worth it to learn as a mid screen combo.

It's still pretty sweet in the corner if you can't do [jH, K] to start a relaunch on a character or off whatever launcher, since it does more damage than [j2K, K].

It's still pretty sweet in the corner if you can't do [jH, K] to start a relaunch on a character or off whatever launcher, since it does more damage than [j2K, K].

Yeah and those aren't too tough, just have to make sure you keep them nice and low to the ground. For midscreen, if you can learn to do IAD D, 2k, K on most characters that still nets you a ton, It may do slightly less than k,k but k,k has such specific height restrictions, while IAD D, 2k, k can be setup off of pretty much everything.

well i managed to get the IAD~j.k j.k down pretty well its great for lights. 2K 2S 2D RC 5HS IAD~j.K j.K land 2S j.K dj.K dj.D dj.2K dj.D 250ish damage on lights mid screen.

Hey guys newb Slayer here, I just picked up GG a few weeks ago and never really got too serious until I found this topic :yaaay: and I need some help on some of these combos, first of all, this dust combo(I choose the Sol one cause I was practicing on Sol but I think understanding one of them will get me to know how to do the other ones)

(D) 5D -> [8] j.D-D-D ]8[ ad.j.H -> Land -> 5H -> j~ad.j.D-2K -> j.K -> Land -> c.S -> j.K-2K -> j.D

Ok, what does holding 8 do? For some reason if I hold it I can get those 3 j.Ds and without it I can a maximum of 2, sometimes not even getting to the trippy background. Is that the only purpose? If so then I guess I'm only letting go of 8 cause I need to press forward to air dash right?

Now the actual combo question, how are you supposed to land that ad.j.H? Is it supposed to be DURING the trippy background part? Cause after the 3rd j.D Sol ALWAYS fall down to the ground. When am I supposed to do this? I'm always training using the computer recovery setting on neutral, now I know humans won't have exactly perfect timing so they might not always know when to actually tech and is that part of this combo? And assuming I get that j.H I'm guessing I'll be on the ground after it hits and the hit will launch Sol up for that 5H to air combo? I think I hit it once out of all my tries, but mainly because I don't know when to hit with it, the computer seems to get up before I can hit with anything, and most of the time my j.H will either not even come out(the animation does but I fall too fast and it doesn't finish) or I do it too high up and not hit anything. Is there a video of this? Cause that would probably help a lot, it doesn't even have to be a specific video dedicated to this but one during an actual match somewhere. I would look but I don't know what or who to search for.

The second part is on this combo

2P -> 2K -> 2D RC 5H -> iad.j.K -> Land -> 5P -> j.K-2K -> j.K -> dj.S(1)-2K -> dj.D-2K -> dj.D

What is the timing for that 5H? They need to be as low as possible without touching the ground right? Is this different depending on character?

Third part is on this combo posted by MacArthur Blunts

2K->2H->[5K->Kmappa]x3 (2 is more consistant) ->5P aircombo.

WTF?! Ok I get the 2K to 2H part but then the 5K and K mappa thing confused me, they're both in a bracket so I thought that meant holding them, so I thought "I guess you do K mappa feints x3 what?" Then I thought that maybe you need to do 5K and K mappa 3 times. But then I found that it doesn't work! Pot always techs out after my kick, unless I delay the kick a little which makes the K mappa hit but then they tech after or they hit the ground and it ends there. So whats the problem here? Am I too slow? Is MacArthur Blunts too good? Help :gonk:

Finally, what does OTG, TK, and FLJ mean? I've made an assumption that its On The Ground but when I went to the ABA board they wrote stuff like OTG keygrab, so does OTG mean knockdowned on the ground? I don't know.

Edit: Ok after a little more testing, it seems that the problem with my 2nd part was that I just needed to delay the kick from the air dash a little, that makes the 5P hit.

I tested that Pot combo some more and it seems that there is just a specific timing for doing the kicks that makes it so that they can't tech out. I still can't do 2 into an air combo, I got the 2nd mappa off a few times but I think I needed to do 5P twice.

New questions, how do you guys do PB loops? I saw a few matches where the Slayer is just able to do more than one PB in the same combo by keeping them to the wall, what are some basic strategies to hit with the 2nd and even 3rd PBs? As well as some basic combos that lead into them. I tried a combo posted here by MacArthur Blunts I think where its CH PB into 5H into FB PB into 5H into FB PB into 5H into PB. I can only sometimes get that first FB PB off, whats the general timing for hitting it?(I tried on Sol and Pot so that might be why, recalling his post I think he did it on Robo Ky, character specific PB loops?)

At first I always end my air combos when the enemy is knockdowned with a 5HS. Is this a good idea? I'm thinking about it and I guess it would be better not to against a human opponent and instead think about my okizeme options instead? I guess if the hit will kill them or something but it's hard to tell.

Finally, ....crap I forgot it :(

welcome~

For notation and terminology, check out the front page -> Guides. Also, in The Foundation board, there is a sticky called the Gameplay FAQ, that I would recommend that you read.

For Slayer terminology, I have tried to update the Slayer 101 sticky when I can and have material, although it's not looking good now. However, the first post has common abbreviations that we use in this board, for Slayer's moves.

Ok, what does holding 8 do? For some reason if I hold it I can get those 3 j.Ds and without it I can a maximum of 2, sometimes not even getting to the trippy background. Is that the only purpose? If so then I guess I'm only letting go of 8 cause I need to press forward to air dash right?

For whatever reason, during some interval of time (starting at the beginning of your dust Homing Jump), "every" move can be jump cancelled, until the end of this interval of time. i don't know the number of frames in this interval, exactly, but it's long enough to allow for stuff like j.D x3, among many, many other things.

Now the actual combo question, how are you supposed to land that ad.j.H? Is it supposed to be DURING the trippy background part? Cause after the 3rd j.D Sol ALWAYS fall down to the ground. When am I supposed to do this?

If Sol falls down to the ground after the 3rd j.D, then you're doing it wrong. You have to do:

D -> [8] D-D-D ]8[

as quickly as possible -- but don't mash, this will screw up the timing and you won't get 3 j.Ds. If done correctly, even after the 3rd j.D, Sol will keep flying up.

I'm always training using the computer recovery setting on neutral, now I know humans won't have exactly perfect timing so they might not always know when to actually tech and is that part of this combo?

Computer recovery should always be set to back/front, and 0 frame, firstly because neutral tech recovers 2 frames slower than back/front (game feature, not just training mode/CPU feature), and secondly because humans will have perfect timing with this stuff. (or not even perfect, they can just mash on buttons while you're comboing, and if you miss the timing they will tech out.) At first it may seem strange to know the timing for teching out of someone else's combos, but you'll get the hang of it with some experience.

Also, in case you haven't read about it, the font of the "beat" indicator will change to black if you do an air combo that your opponent could have teched out of. You will often see people refer to these combos as "invalid" or "black beat" combos.

And assuming I get that j.H I'm guessing I'll be on the ground after it hits and the hit will launch Sol up for that 5H to air combo? I think I hit it once out of all my tries, but mainly because I don't know when to hit with it, the computer seems to get up before I can hit with anything, and most of the time my j.H will either not even come out(the animation does but I fall too fast and it doesn't finish) or I do it too high up and not hit anything. Is there a video of this? Cause that would probably help a lot, it doesn't even have to be a specific video dedicated to this but one during an actual match somewhere. I would look but I don't know what or who to search for.

somebody help the man, i can't upload vids at the moment.

The second part is on this combo

2P -> 2K -> 2D RC 5H -> iad.j.K -> Land -> 5P -> j.K-2K -> j.K -> dj.S(1)-2K -> dj.D-2K -> dj.D

What is the timing for that 5H? They need to be as low as possible without touching the ground right? Is this different depending on character?

It's better to hit them as low as possible, without touching the ground, but there is some flexibility depending on the character (e.g. Potemkin, compared to Sol).

Third part is on this combo posted by MacArthur Blunts

2K->2H->[5K->Kmappa]x3 (2 is more consistant) ->5P aircombo.

WTF?! Ok I get the 2K to 2H part but then the 5K and K mappa thing confused me, they're both in a bracket so I thought that meant holding them, so I thought "I guess you do K mappa feints x3 what?" Then I thought that maybe you need to do 5K and K mappa 3 times. But then I found that it doesn't work! Pot always techs out after my kick, unless I delay the kick a little which makes the K mappa hit but then they tech after or they hit the ground and it ends there. So whats the problem here? Am I too slow? Is MacArthur Blunts too good? Help :gonk:

As you pointed out later, yourself, there is a specific timing, and that's just how it goes with AC Slayer. Slayer combos have way way more links than most characters, so if something doesn't work at first, keep trying.

Finally, what does OTG, TK, and FLJ mean? I've made an assumption that its On The Ground but when I went to the ABA board they wrote stuff like OTG keygrab, so does OTG mean knockdowned on the ground? I don't know.

Although I already pointed out where you should read, I'll answer these ones:

OTG = On The Ground; like you said, knocked down. But it's specifically the state where you are knocked down, but still have a hitbox (so, before you begin to "wake up"/get up).

Be careful, though, AC has an additional grounded state called "sliding", where you are OTG but can be "validly" re-launched into an air combo of some sort, so don't confuse the two. Moreover, there are a handful of moves (about 7 in total?) in the entire game that can re-launch OTG opponents into a valid combo.

New questions, how do you guys do PB loops? I saw a few matches where the Slayer is just able to do more than one PB in the same combo by keeping them to the wall, what are some basic strategies to hit with the 2nd and even 3rd PBs? As well as some basic combos that lead into them. I tried a combo posted here by MacArthur Blunts I think where its CH PB into 5H into FB PB into 5H into FB PB into 5H into PB. I can only sometimes get that first FB PB off, whats the general timing for hitting it?(I tried on Sol and Pot so that might be why, recalling his post I think he did it on Robo Ky, character specific PB loops?)

Look for Slayer combo videos by "Zaido" (from this forum), he made two that showed quite a few PB loop combos, as well as some variants.

At first I always end my air combos when the enemy is knockdowned with a 5HS. Is this a good idea? I'm thinking about it and I guess it would be better not to against a human opponent and instead think about my okizeme options instead? I guess if the hit will kill them or something but it's hard to tell.

When you hit an opponent that is OTG, they are allowed to tech, if they so choose. So, if you don't hit them OTG, then they are knocked down and must wake up into your pressure.

But as you said, sometimes the hit will kill them, so you might wanna try for it. However, that means the opponent has only a few pixels of health left, as OTG damage is heavily scaled (I don't know the number exactly, but you can just try it out in training mode with the damage output shown). By the way, sometimes you see people go for OTG BBU for the kill lolol.

But yes, you're right, it's generally better not to against an opponent because your mix-up options are better if you force the knockdown.

Regarding PB loops: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=271488&postcount=166

That's pretty much everything I have figured out from personal experience, but I don't want to claim that it's 100% correct or comprehensive.

Also, OTG hits do 25% of the attack's normal damage. I'm pretty sure they prorate too, so go for OTG hits only when you're in a situation where you need to take off just a few more pixels of health. Niga won 2 matches in SBO last year with OTG BBU. I'm seen another video where a Millia won by mashing OTG 5K (that was pretty amusing).

Thanks for the quick replies guys, turns out all I needed was a little more practice. Firstly, that time interval after the dust basically makes it so that simply holding up makes whatever moves you do jump cancel over and over? Can I do things like 5H -> [8] j.K-K-K? Console's not turned on I'm too lazy =( I guess I could check for myself later though.

Now I can get the 3 j.Ds on the dust combo fine, turns out mashing wasn't the best way and there's a specific timing I need, but the air dash gets me stuck now. Regarding this part I am now going to use the 1st dust combo(cause the one for Sol is just air dash to j.H which I can do just fine)

(A) 5D -> [8] j.D-D-D ]8[ ad.j.D-2K -> j.K -> Land > c.S -> j.K-2K -> j.K -> dj.S(1)-2K -> dj.D-2K -> dj.D

I can get the airdash to j.D but I can't get the j.D-2K because the enemy is too low. Now re-reading the post by rtl, Sol should still be flying up after the 3rd j.D, now I know this combo isn't intended for Sol but I'm guessing the effect should be the same and I'm just not doing the j.D x3 fast enough? Cause I think they're at the peak of their spin and is in descending motion when I airdash. Looking back at this combo and the Sol one I guess I'm also trying to mix and match certain combo parts, like doing a 5H instead of c.S to launch them back >.<

And thanks for that PB loop post, helped a lot, I can get like 2 FB PBs starting from 2H to 5H in the corner against Pot, although I don't know what to do after those PBs, a 3rd one(I've seen some videos where you can do a 3rd non FB one cause you're out of tension by then)? K Mappa?

ok bunch of nice shit that you can do off of It's late...most of this stuff should be done on oki in the corner but hey...if they get hit with it...it's their fault and probably your game...btw all this is VERY practical if you have 75% tension to spare... first 0% tension: D-Step>It's Late, 5S, pilebunker...works on everybody 50% tension: D-Step>It's Late,DOT now the cream of the crop...75% tension...these combos do AT LEAST 60% on the entire cast: Variation 1: D-Step>It's Late, DOT FRC, 5H, j.H, j.k, dj.k, j.D, j.2k, j.k, land 5k, j.D works on (damage) BR(355);FA(339);IN(346);PO(287);BA(361);TE(339);MA(344);OR(322);SO(334);MI(376);SL(322)*;AN(336);DI(370);CH(388);ZA(331);JA(344);AX(348) *=somewhat difficult Variation 2: D-Step>It's Late, DOT FRC, 5H, j.2k, late j.k, land 5H, pilebunker BR(342);IN(346);PO(276);VE(335);BA(354);TE(323);ED(337);MA(332);RO(285);OR(308);KY(325);SO(321);MI(369);JO(314);AB(285);AN(325);DI(364);CH(381);ZA(310);JA(332);AX(335) Variation 3: D-Step>It's Late, DOT FRC, 5H, j.2k, late j.k, land 5H, SJC j.H, j.D, j.2k, j.k, j.D only tested on Faust and Slayer so far since variation 2 doesn't work on them...they bounce too high for the pilebunker FA(344);SL(327) Variation 4: ABA only (300) D-Step>It's Late, DOT FRC, 5H, j.H, late j.k, land 5H, pilebunker all these combos...are very practical...even if your It's Late gets blocked...you have frame advantage to implement more mix up...of course this goes without saying...be cautious against opp. with dp's...so tell me what you think...if you have any additions fell free to tell me. p.s. I like using ellipses...

what's...with...the...ellipses... also, could you indicate where you have to double jump? either by saying DJ or writing dj.K, something like that. that would be nice. for the 50% combo, couldn't you add in a c.S before the DOT to get a bit more damage? what's the asterisk after SL(322) in Variant 2?

ok bunch of nice shit that you can do off of It's late...most of this stuff should be done on oki in the corner but hey...if they get hit with it...it's their fault and probably your game...btw all this is VERY practical if you have 75% tension to spare...

if you hit a person with it's late... you can pretty much do anything you want that comes out in like 8 frames or less (maybe slightly more if it's meaty enough).

which means you can do any 2k combo, 2s combo, 5k combo, etc.

so with 25% tension you can go into 2k, 2h, bbu combos or 5k 6p frc stuff if they are in the corner and ducking...

with 50% tension you can go into 2d rc 5hs stuff (iad j.k j.k, or iad j.hs, or j.hs j.k j.k.... etc.)

pretty much what i'm getting at is i think it's fairly common knowledge that you can do whatever you want if you hit someone with It's Late

Sign in to follow this