Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

drassill

A.B.A strats!

Hello guys. First thanks to Moroha for the omplete guide. :yaaay: I will see the strats of A.B.A not the match-up strats but safe strats. For example, safe pressing in corner, in guard. How use the fuzzy guard with brain and not make Jump, Double jump, HS... :psyduck: A situation I frequently encounter: In the corner, i use the following pressing: S > 2HS > Rekkas Frc > S > 2HS (A or 2 hits) > 41236K If opponent block 41236K > Jump, double homing jump, HS But after that, i don't see any pressing or any guard crush... so frustrated... What can i do after this? Continue the pressing with 2k in starter? If you know any mind game, any strats, any thinks...

ABA's pressure game is; If they like swinging back, frame trap them with 2HS / 1Hit Rekkas / 5S or Jump Reset, or 2HS / Rekkas FRC (Preferrably 2HS FRC). If they like backdashing, use 5K or 2HS. If they like jumping, use 2S or keep them pinned with a j.HS. If they like blocking, use 5D, Unblockable and Throws. Get creative from there. You can JC 6HS, 2HS and c.S. 5K is at least neutral on block, I think +frames from memory, so you throw out a lot of them, sometimes with gaps to throw them off. Mix up tick throws for both early and late in your blockstrings. And orbs are fantastic. For fuzzy guard, a non-OTG keygrab is generally an ideal setup, as is a butt knockdown. The mixup is A. Dash jump j.S, JC j.S, j.H, land, 5K. (Fuzzy Guard Overhead -> Overhead) B. Dash jump j.S, land 2K, 5S. (Fuzzy Guard Overhead -> Low) C. Dash jump j.S, dash in throw. D. Dash jump pause Orbs. (If they try throw, you get counterhit orbs) E. Dash jump land throw. You can also do funny variations like dash jump j.S j.P j.K JC j.S j.H depending on the character and how slick you are.

So i've been test all posibilities but i have some problems with potemkin players. They can throw in the second hit (or after it) of Rekka... This is a problem 'cause i don't make the JC... 2hs FRC if they backdash works perfectly but not all times (if the potem knows him, he prefer takes the pressing...)! So, 2HS one hit JC > JHs works... Some other ideas?

Potemkin's kinda rough. For oki super delayed orbs should beat reversal backdash, you can also do a j.S and if it whiffs due to their backdash you can land and get a guaranteed 5K into combo punish. Potemkin's 2D / 6P is really what will give you the most issues in the long run, especially because 2D comes out so fast, deals with a lot of your moves well, and 6P is one of the best anti-airs in the game against ABA's j.H. f.S is a big risk to throw out in this matchup; its heavy recovery is too risky to throw out a lot of times. 5H, on the other hand, does a great job. Jumping at Potemkin is obviously a risk, but if you bait a 6P, you can double jump over and land a j.H if you've got the right distance. Don't do two hits of rekkas. Don't do unblockable unless you are seriously feeling funky fresh and they are not good. You can do three loops of dash jump j.S HS D Orbs after a throw on Potemkin. Also don't you dare be afraid to throw Potemkin; if he backdashes your throw he might recover on top of the 5H, and if he tries jumping in the corner of course he has to deal with the upward swing of the 5H. Reversal danzai against a knowing Potemkin is an extreme risk, since Pot can reaction Hammerfall right through it if he's got the charge. A nice little side note, ABA is very difficult for Potemkin to barrier trap because she's ABA. Basically ABA v Pot is; fight starts in Pot's favor, ABA has to find a way to transform safely without Potemkin punishing with some form of knockdown (Slidehead from even max screen range, anything else up close), and if she manages to make it into Moroha mode a comfortable distance away from Potemkin, then and only then is she at an advantage. At this point you pretty much need to play it as perfect as you can, not getting knocked down by slideheads, not FDing 6H, punishing reversal backdashes properly, etc. If you get knocked down you are obviously in a horrendous position. In short, get at that Moroha neutral game in a safe manner, then play a super tight game.

I had a quick question about loops.

What is the advantage of Orbs over Butt loop?

Could you offer me some help on Butt loop?

I usually stick to butt loop (2HS 2S 421HS P S 2S 421HS). I find this a little more reliable than Orbs and easier to use on most of the cast. I don't have a trainer mode or similar available, so I'm not really sure what the damage difference might be.... :(

Sometimes I drop the loop and let them get a little too high to continue the loop - what's a good end if that happens? I think they are generally able to recover after 2S jS <recovery> or I'm simply executing it too slow or too fast.

ABA has two main loops in AC, both which are obviously done in the corner. The first one is new for her in AC, which she can do out of groundslide, and an accurately timed jump off other hits such as EX Danzai and corner throw.

(generally dash jump,) j.S, j.HS, j.D, Orbs.

If you're in the corner, depending on your opponent's weight/hitbox, your positioning, and how far into the combo you are, this can be repeated. If you're in the open, you can FRC the Orbs and do it again. If after the orb / land portion of the loop, you are close to the corner and your opponent's body is close to the ground but not on it, you can keygrab -> OTG keygrab, which you absolutely do. It's super easy on Potemkin, so you can start there to learn it. Try 236S, 46S, 63214S FRC, dash in, (corner) 6H (1hit), j.S, j.HS, j.D, Orbs, land. Keygrab before he hits the ground, then OTG keygrab for a free Moroha refresh without consuming any packs. :)

Her second loop is from /, the old school Butt Loop. It's not as damaging as the Orb loop, but you'll have more opportunities to pull it off.

5S 2S Butt (421H).

or, 5K, 2S Butt.

or, 5K, 6P (1 or 2 hit), 2S, Butt.

If you have no tension and land a 5S near the corner, you can combo into a 2H launcher into 2x Butt Loops if you wanted. You can loop after an ID, a throw, groundslide, CH 2S, CH Orbs FRC, etc. You'll eventually recognize your opportunities when you see them. An advantage of the butt loop is with 50% tension, you can RC the Butt into Orbs. Since ABA is still carried toward the opponent by the 421H momentum, if you use Orbs right on top of the other guy, you'll hit with both of them for serious damage, and you can generally either land and keygrab -> OTG keygrab or 2S sj.K sj.S sj.HS Keygrab. Try this on someone.

(Corner) 2H, dash in, 5S, 2S, 421H. 5S, 2S, 421H, RC, Orbs, land, 2S, sj.K, sj.S, sj.H, sj.D.

I'm not sure the exact mechanics of how to best set up double keygrab off her new loop, if Furix or anyone else can shed some more light on that that'd be great. Also, while you can generally only get about two Butt loops in Moroha mode, if you ever find yourself in Goku Moroha mode, you can get like 4 or so. :)

From AC A.B.A 101 thread, page 2. Regarding differences between the loops.