Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jais

[AC] Bridget Video Discussion Thread

Feel free to post any AC vids regarding Bridget, here. If you are asking a question, please bold your text. :eng101: If you are answering a question, please quote the question and the video :eng101: This will make it a lot more user friendly for new players to the scene. Thanks.

http://maturundesu.web.fc2.com/movie.htm

=> http://www.filebank.co.jp/guest/maturundesu/fp/kouhakusen

=> Password: nakaboshi

Ageha (揚羽) (CH) / Kurusu (BR) / Lolicon Ninja (ロリコン忍者) (KY)/ Chitose (千歳) (SO) / C-3 (JA) / Gajirou (FA) / Futaba (双葉) (IN)

vs

CPO (PO) / Masato (AX) / Seikimatsu Hasha Kobushi Bou (世紀末覇者拳暴) (FA) / Roze (ロゼ) (SL) / Chai (JO) / Rise (リセ) (TE)/ Perissa (CH)

Video # 8 is Buri Vs Potty

If bitches know the Buri match-up it's real hard. =[

What do you mean by shot web? Or, am I being a noob and not getting an intenetz joke? =P

THESE SITES HURT MY POOR ANONYMOUS BRAIN! why such a weird download site? =( I can't figure out how to download from that site (i get the password thing, but when i'm in the friggin folder thingy, i can't GET any of the files) hence: how do I shot web?

alright, i finally got around to getting some recording done. i recorded a 15 minute session of me vs. keith(sol). what i was hoping is that you guys could watch and give me some pointers. the whole time i am just getting raped so don't be expecting anything too exciting. i'd post some of me winning (against other people) but that would defeat the purpose. some things i noticed this evening were that i seem to do yoyo recall at the worst possible times and i still spam ksmh a bit too much... also corner rape. any criticism will help so don't hold back ; ) hope you guys can help!

--------------

Match 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lK9rpcDkHw

Match 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV5ArkANgZw

Match 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC2UWfps7L0

--------------

hoping to have some more match-ups later if this goes well.

Just looks like a classic case of not reacting to what your opponent is doing. Looks like you play on autopilot a bit too. BAIT that sol player, you ran into way too many BBs, VVs, GFs, and GVs. Looks like execution is a problem too (that's just practice) but also not using good combos (no IAD on sol? No follow up aircombo on CH yoyo return?) and it's hurting you for when you DO touch him. Once you touch someone, you have to keep that momentum and be ready to mixup or bait instead of yoyo return -> KSMH that misses and he gets away... should have been doing yoyo return, dash j.P-2S -> dj.S-2S -> yoyo set5/3/6/etc. -> fdc airthrow or roger get, or yoyo glitch -> razor roger, and so on. Or, if he had a burst on him at the time, you could have baited that, or dashed and airthrew him into some okiseme, etc. take advantage of a situation, if sol is doing gunflames without frc, iad.K-S-2S right over the flames. If you need to get out? roll fdc or something or backdash a 2D. Or, just block and punish him for doing a blockstring that ends in friggin BR (you should IB the second hit and ground throw him). Remember that you don't always have to be DOING something that's risky. doing jump punches over and over is asking sol to VV you or airthrow you. It's not just the moves, it's how you space them so that they can't punish you for them, and end up making mistakes because of it (which you take advantage of). I dunno if that helpful, because I'm really tired o.O anyway, I'm done for now, maybe an edit later.

Hey thanks for posting up vids >< I fucking love when you kats do this. Are there are more of you vs other characters? You don't know the Sol fight properly at all. =P real fast I'll do a quick couple suggestions, then I'll do extensive tomorrow. Sol Against Sol don't do bears really, unless you have the advantage. He rushes you when you run away and try and set stuff up. General Air throw. j.P is amazing anti-air but you should follow it up w/ B&B instead of pppppp Air guard, no lie, it looks like you never jump forward and hold back. You FD to much, it appears you are uncomfortable to guard. you are FD'ing EVERYTHING video 3, ending, when you were zoning w/ j.HSS_1, callback. That should have been a ground HSS_5 then jump back and HS. it covers less distance and gives him less time to rush you. Lots more and possibly Sol write up tomorrow.

Real quick before I run to class (sigh): blitz basically covered all of the "philosophy" advice, but some specifics that haven't been mentioned yet: I see no use of the delayed yo-yo return. Remember that even if you can't do the glitch this is extremely useful, especially as much as you like KSMH. Don't try for specific setups with it at first, just use it as cover and do it at random sometimes to fuck with people. In general your repertoire needs some expansion. I'm not saying to just do moves at random, you should have a plan and reason for everything you do, but especially when neither character has any sort of advantage (in this matchup, that's when you are outside of Bandit Bringer range more or less) you can afford to experiment a little. Work with the grounded 4set more as well. The problem is Sol is so fast that he can change the dynamic of the match based on a single read. He knew you were going to do a yo-yo set? He's closer now and your options are different. It's good practice but -- especially when you've got fifty cents on the line every game -- it can hurt you, because you don't have enough room to experiment. I have class like right the fuck now but try to think of it like this: only perform one action at a time. That is, you're thinking: [jump back 1set, roger get], [land, run forward or KSMH] When it should be like: [jump back 1set] [roger get] [land] Break up this kind of autopilot thinking as soon as you can, because it'll make it much easier to develop a set of options you can choose from randomly (or ideally as called for by the situation) and make you much harder to predict.

Real quick before I run to class (sigh):

blitz basically covered all of the "philosophy" advice, but some specifics that haven't been mentioned yet:

I see no use of the delayed yo-yo return. Remember that even if you can't do the glitch this is extremely useful, especially as much as you like KSMH. Don't try for specific setups with it at first, just use it as cover and do it at random sometimes to fuck with people. In general your repertoire needs some expansion. I'm not saying to just do moves at random, you should have a plan and reason for everything you do, but especially when neither character has any sort of advantage (in this matchup, that's when you are outside of Bandit Bringer range more or less) you can afford to experiment a little. Work with the grounded 4set more as well.

The problem is Sol is so fast that he can change the dynamic of the match based on a single read. He knew you were going to do a yo-yo set? He's closer now and your options are different. It's good practice but -- especially when you've got fifty cents on the line every game -- it can hurt you, because you don't have enough room to experiment.

I have class like right the fuck now but try to think of it like this: only perform one action at a time. That is, you're thinking:

[jump back 1set, roger get], [land, run forward or KSMH]

When it should be like:

[jump back 1set] [roger get] [land]

Break up this kind of autopilot thinking as soon as you can, because it'll make it much easier to develop a set of options you can choose from randomly (or ideally as called for by the situation) and make you much harder to predict.

EXACTLY.

thanks alot for the responses. some things i am going to work on this week are:

not doing moves spastically (ppppp)

guarding better (regular guard and FD when appropriate)

using yo-yo better to zone/hold down

developing any semblance of a strategy

and of course practice execution (can't 214k on a 360 stick for the life of me :( )

quick question though

j.P is amazing anti-air but you should follow it up w/ B&B instead of pppppp

would that be j.p -> j.s -> j.2s -> etc., or do i land 5k b&b?

anyway, hopefully i will get some other match-ups recorded when everyone gets back from evo.

I know 2 things I do wrong for definite.

1) I fuck up air throwing his IAD pressure WAY TO MUCH.

2) I shouldn't always try and jump out of the corner the "first" chance I get. Air normals lose and he's lower than me so his Air throw wins.

Can you kats help me out and give me your advice/tips/shunning/insults/whatev prz.

BTW that's the first AC Baiken I have played. I have no idea what to Slashback etc.

I know 2 things I do wrong for definite.

1) I fuck up air throwing his IAD pressure WAY TO MUCH.

2) I shouldn't always try and jump out of the corner the "first" chance I get. Air normals lose and he's lower than me so his Air throw wins.

Can you kats help me out and give me your advice/tips/shunning/insults/whatev prz.

BTW that's the first AC Baiken I have played. I have no idea what to Slashback etc.

You've got that rushdown in your blood, man. Just pretend you're Faust and stay the fuck away. Everything you do off a CH HSR hurts her like crazy. Be more patient and run more. Make him use tension to get you to the corner, don't do it for him. That's about it as far as I saw.

Oh, and I didn't see him do it, but a lot of Baikens do the 6K~2H string on block. Either SB the sweep that will inevitably follow, or SB the 3rd hit of the 2H for free 2D~FRC~B&B.

-you didn't capitalize on his mistakes often enough, you baited them, but didn't punish. And you approached him with strings meant for baiting, but didn't react to his counters. -at 22 seconds, you tried to airthrow, no? Try double jump airthrow in that kind of situation where they aren't close enough. -you used 236K~P a lot. You really shouldn't use it against baiken. But you CAN use 2D FRC to continue zoning her (or if it hits, set up some oki that baits counters). The point is to remain safe =) -There were also a few times you had enough leeway to KSMH out of her jump ins (or simply did a QUICK dash, jump behind airthrow... people should do this more to j.H happy baikens). -2:55, you jumped into his wakeup throw. >_< That must have sucked, (starship would have worked, you had the tension to frc, or you could have jumped away). -use j.P to interrupt her air normals, I saw you use slash a lot while going after baiken in the air. -If you want to slashback something, slash back her 2D and 5H and then trip her. Should let you hit her before chain or tatami can be cancelled into (2P probably, maybe 3P?). It's risky though, should only do it when she's being predictable. -There were times when baiken spaced her j.S wrong. If she's too close while doing the j.S, you can 6P it. Far enough for it to be safe, you can usually backdash it. And just doing jump IB when she does a j.H jump in lets you do j.K or something on the way down. She can only cancel it into youzansen or tatami or whatever, so you can take advantage since that is unsafe for her if she doesn't spend tension. -you rush her down too much, and it shows because she uses that in the match to her advantage to way too easily turn the tables. More zoning teh baikenz! Bear helps here, remember? She got in way too much, and it was because you went after her instead of setting up shop =P -When you can see your combo won't finish (like j.S-2S -> dj.S-whoops...) try to see it before it happens (notice that it isn't possible from the height you comboed her at), and react by continuing a different way that gives better options after the combo is done.

Thank you guys so much for replies :china: Bridget Forum makes me happy, you guys rock. Imma work on these for damn sure. Great points brought up. Topic not over, anybody please feel free to contribute. :china: :china:

forgot to mention: anytime baiken tries to do a cross up iad.S, just 6P after she turns around. If she's too far away to do the 2D vs. j.D trick, you can just IB it and get away and start zoning again.

Blitz and Frank basically covered everything but just to add on to that list: - If baiken IAD's from a distance (and it isnt followed with a tatami), dont be afraid to use 6P rather then trying to either air throw her or beat her out with j.S or j.P. - Id stray away from too much air setting against Baiken. Baiken can get a free knockdown with a j.S j.D combo if they expect it coming. I didnt see it getting punished much in that video but you would throw the yo yo when baiken was relatively close to u. - You did really good at attempting to bait out alpha counters (as was already mentioned) but if you notice that the player just stops using them for a moment in order to trick you into not running in when roger is on her, u can counter that by doing more tick throws. lastly - i noticed u got hit by a lot of baiken's lows as though u were expecting to have to block a overhead. the only 2 overheads that baiken has on the ground is 5D (which is pretty easy to see and react to) and TK Youzansen, and its more for your benefit to get hit with TK youzansen then a low combo that causes u to lose about 25-40% health :sweatdrop: . If i think of anything else, ill let you know :keke:

- i noticed u got hit by a lot of baiken's lows as though u were expecting to have to block a overhead. the only 2 overheads that baiken has on the ground is 5D (which is pretty easy to see and react to) and TK Youzansen, and its more for your benefit to get hit with TK youzansen then a low combo that causes u to lose about 25-40% health :sweatdrop: .

I don't think I agree with that. It's a guess situation and you can't really fault someone for trying. Defense is much more complicated than "block low."

I mean if it happens too much it happens too much but Jais can block, it's been seen before :P

I don't really play the Baiken matchup anything like that at all, but the way I approach it might be outdated. I'm sure you can guess I just run away from her 24/7 and hope it works out :P

it looked like failed wakeup reversals =P I mean, that's what it LOOKED like, i didn't say anything cuz I couldn't tell for sure... the way I handle the match is after I touch her once, if I'm close enough I'll either tick throw, or I'll bait a counter. Every other time, i'm zoning her out with bear and HSR and maneuvering with rolling.

Guys thank very much for all these great points.

Here's another mtach I have a problem w/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0N3ZfwtvSE

Although I must explain. Kyle is my twin brother and as you can see my zoning gets...out patienced and I constantly fear coming on on May b/c CH j.HS, CH 5HS, CH 2HS all lead to 60% life stuff. Not to mention her command throw. Then not o mention this is the guy I practice w/ more than anybody so he knows all Bridgets mix-up like a pro. ( lol bridget's non frame trap, non command throw, non threatening mix-up, ...unlike May's) In fact I feel the need to quote myself from the complaining whining thread right now.

My Rant, I have yet to do one, and now is an appropriate time.

Why did they cancel Sammy vs. Capcom?!?!? I mean, besides all the SF Characters being boring as hell they totally had Vampire Savior, Rival Schools, MvC2 Char's, Star Gladiator. Bitches couldn't stop my Buri Donovan tag team. Having Sammy handle the engine, redraw the sprites, jesus.ghey. What could stop Kugy's Slayer Morrigan Tag team. Hell there would be so many bad ass teams.

Buri Bulleta

Slayer Demitri

Dizzy Huitzil

I-No Morrigan

Jam Chun-Li

Sol Ken

Ky Ryu

Hayato Ky

Pot Zangief

Axl Dhalsim

Faust Anakaris

Robo Huitzil

Eddie Pyron

Blanka Aulbath

ABA Lei-Lei

AC related:

Bridget's Air normals have horrible hitboxes and I straight up lose w/ j.2S which is horrible. His air damage is ASS, None of his air normals hit anywhere near above him, j.P and j.K have the same angle...why? I have no idea. May's j.HS destroys me. Bridgets's set-up-less damage is real bad, 2D~FRC~B&B is like 160 w/out knockdown. Anti-air 6P combo is like 130...no knockdown. If I get hit by May's CH 5HS as an anti air, that whore gets 200+ damage from 5S~5HS~Vert loop w/ knockdown NO TENSION. My 2p leaves me at +3 w/ is very much appreciated, May's combo's (frame trap wise) all start w/ a 5HS which leaves her in +7 frames if they guard, it slips on CH and doesn't prorate. Dolphins don't prorate damage, and build guard bar. yo yo no longer builds guard bar. only a FB does and then his damage is so bad it takes the meter and set-up to get "competative" damage anyways. 3P leaves me at -5 while Jam's low crush leaves her at +5. Starship is nerfed, I would have had no problem w/ longer recovery so people could run in and punish me now. The new 2S properties made it worse as an anti-air.l If you hit a CH 2S as anti air, you can no longer link a j.P combo off of it b/c of the pop up. The developers forgot to put a neutral air set in the game....yeah. I can't just spam an air norm to get in b/c other characters can anti air my normals no big deal. Unlike other chars ( Ky j.HS, Slayer j.HS, Testy J.D, Sol j.HS, May j.2HS, Chipp j.D, Johnny j.HS, Hos j.HS, Venom j.HS, BAIKEN j.HS AARGHH SO MUCH HATE FOR THAT MOVE!!) All straight up beat my 6P, which forces me to air throw for even less damage, although I do gain a set-up, it's still a lot less damage then my 130 from CH 6P. My Dust leaves me at -16, May's leaves her at -4, on top of the ,starship beating, 50-50 she gets off the Dust and Dust faint. May jumps so damn fast, in fact I hate all the fast bitches, I just can't catch them most of the time. One whiffed normal and my feet are taken out from under me. Lastly you have to bait Gunblaze and Shoryu at the same time vs Hos....arg

:eng101: I love this face. =]

Opinions welcome PLEASE XD

Jaison, you kill me. On the inside. Next time I talk to you I'm going to punch you through the phone. And then I'll explain your personal flaws some more. <3