Sign in to follow this  
TGS

General Millia Q&A Thread (Ask away!)

New guy to the forums, here. Simple shit here...6K->Disc Super...all 3 hits of the super might not connect depending on how far away you are when 6K connects, but if they do, its a free launch pretty much ending in the corner. Yeah, ghetto i know, but its simple and guaranteed. Hard part is landing the 6K outta nowhere hehe...easier said than done on characters with wakeup uppercuts but it's been a decent tactic for me. Besides, there's not a WHOLE lot Millia can do with meter. There's nothing thats you really NEED to frc like with other characters. I'll FRC the Top if i think i set it up too late and of course there's the 214P combos in the corner, too. I'm trying to use frc 6K more in my play and its been working against people...

FRC Bad Moon is a good thing to learn if you use it alot as the recovery time for that can be elminated through this FRC so you wont be punished as easily.

Apart from what zer0kage said you could also TK another badmoon or even a hairpin to keep on pressure from the frc'd bad moon. Meter can also be used to frc the 6k into a tick throw or block if you're baiting a dp... In corners although I believe the possible followup overhead j.K has been removed from an frc'd iron sabre it's still vital to frc it for rushdowns. Also an frc'd turbo fall appears to be pretty useful at higher levels of play. Upons seeing the start of a turbofall if spaced correctly they may try to rush and attack. A turbo fall frc into 6h nets you a counterhit with a sexy bounce--> aircombo. Of course you could use other attacks depending on your situation. SF Punker use 6k to mix up after setting a disk. If you're offensive enough and can read your opponent you can throw it out during a rushdown. Otherwise you should avoid it although I agree it's very useful.

In corners although I believe the possible followup overhead j.K has been removed from an frc'd iron sabre.

Nope, j.K is still available after FRC, though the timing is slightly earlier than in #R, or feels that way to me at least. Seems a bit easier, anyhow. And yes, I do abuse this in the corner:

Iron Saviour FRC -> j.K, land 5S, hit-confirm:

On haircar hit (opponent aerial): You will get 5S©. Combo to 2H on heavies, otherwise let 5S© hit twice, then sjc.K-S-H, H Pin, land 6H for knockdown.

On j.K hit (opponent grounded): You will get 5S(f). Combo to 5H -> Emerald Rain if meter is of the having, otherwise go to 5H-2D-Secret Garden.

On block: Frown in disappointment :(

After a knockdown (ending corner loop with 6h / turbofall midscreen) I always do h disc. and then rush on em but it fails too often/ I get thrown coz I did the disc too close. :S I thought of maybe i'll do h disc frc iad for crossup and iad back to keep the pressure. but I still havn't had the chance to try it on human oppponents :p any suggestions?

If you're getting thrown out of Disc pressure it means your opponent's a scrub who likes to mash throw on wakeup. >:o

Seriously though, you can do a few things if you can sense a throw coming:

1) Jump straight up to bait a whiffed 4/6H by opponent. If they tried to throw, they'll eat CH Disc. If not, come down with j.S.

2) IAD forwards then back, or jump forwards and AD back to cross them up. If all goes well you'll end up on the same side with them flying towards you after being crossed up / hit by CH Disc.

3) A very well-timed 2K or 2S. There's only a 2-frame (ie. very short) window for this, but it will beat wakeup throw tactics 100% of the time if your execution is there.

4) TK Bad Moon. Can get a little messy if you do it too late and opponent has a faster 5H, as they may end up hitting you out of it.

5) My favourite: Iron Saviour FRC -> damaging combo. Haircar takes Millia off the ground immediately, so you're un-groundthrowable for the entire time. If you've FRC'ed the Disc, go straight into Haircar FRC j.K, then run forwards and react accordingly to combo.

Haha. I just started with Millia and was getting reversal thrown a lot, then I decided "hey, why don't I just bait throws by doing (most of the things Teyah said except #3 because I didn't know that was possible)." Tried them out, they all worked great against my friend's Baiken. I'm starting to get an idea of how to use Millia's okizeme. It seems like she has a bunch of great tools to cover most common situations an opponent might use to escape her okizeme mixup (throw, backdash, jump out, DP, etc). So you have to guess which one they'll try and do and use a tool that will smack down that particular tactic. But even if you guess wrong, most of her important okizeme moves either hit high or low, so you get a "bonus round", basically. (For example, "well, they didn't backdash like I was expecting, but they were blocking wrong.") It's a double threat. And that's before you add in crossups. It's really fun! Regarding the 2K or 2S... How exactly does that work? Do they have throw invincibility?

If you do 2K or 2S as a meaty attack (active frames overlapping opponent as they get up), you cannot be thrown out... since wakeup throws are generally done in defensive position with 4H. Now I've heard of there being a 1F window on wakeup where the opponent can throw you regardless, but it's honestly not that big of a factor since 1F is so hard to time. Additionally I don't believe this rumor was ever confirmed, but that's another thing altogether... Also.. you can do 2K/2S out of throw range to stop jumps / bad throw attempts as well. In fact - 2S is almost always done out of throw range, as it's much more suitable for that kind of thing with it's hitbox (useful in corner especially for damaging followups). And... a few quick notes on baiting reversal DPs while it's on my mind: From what I've seen, the following works to bait DPs: (corner): Disc (FRC) -> IAD forwards (avoids all DPs - except maybe Ky's)... if they didn't DP, you can mixup land 2K / double AD j.S while the disc covers you. And if you expect opponent to throw you as you land (lol antiair throw), the low AD j.S will nail them for sure during their whiff HS animation. (midscreen): Disc (FRC) -> options 2 or 5. Crossup IAD reverses their inputs and they usually end up getting a standing H or S or P or what have you, then they eat CH Disc. Iron Saviour FRC into FD does indeed block DPs as I've seen it used in some match vids. Tricky stuff!

Meaty 2K/2S should work 100% to stop wakeup throws, as people who are constantly trying reversal throw in a basic wakeup situation (let alone with a Disc on top of them) are generally not the 'better' players and probably haven't practiced for hours and hours to get that 1F throw window down to even a 25-50% possibility. The fact that reversal throw is so unreliable is what prevents people from trying it, there are far safer and better options available. So you should not be playing with the mindset of being afraid to hit low due to being thrown out of 2K/2S at any time (especially 2S), as this limits your mixup considerably. However, you do need to be able to execute 2K/2S as meaties consistently - this does take some work.

What about Secret Gerden strats? Right now I tend to do these: Opponent in corner: Knockdown, SG (28282) Opponent at midscreen: Knockdown, SG (26464) EDIT: Sometimes I do (29393) if I think they're gonne start jumping around. Also, if you're fast enough, how many SG motions are possible? I can only get five max and that's on rare occasions.

Whoops, then its 4 max I meant... I forget. I put in five in the inputs though so you call could tell what pattern I was using.

Using Secret Garden as a shield against turtling Dizzys who just keep throwing crap works decently. But if your opponent (any char) has any sort of reaction time and aren't full full-screen away, then can just run up and grab / hit you out.

So maybe Secret Garden -> D cancel -> 6P CH would be something to try. Or not. ;(

I use 2D XX SG, 2828 in the corner almost always (if I'm using SG that is), covering myself with 2P as I come out to CH and push opponent back into corner if they come running out.

If I ever get a chance for midscreen SG, I just do 2666 (or 1666) as I'm usually full-fullscreen away, and I want opponent to jump and land in my nice AAs and not own poor zero-priority Millia on the ground.

Ways to get out SG midscreen- 2d-sg (slow characters) s(f),h,2d, sg once launched- j.k,j.s,pin,land,6h,sg CH 6h, sg (pretty much a waste though) throw- this one is situational; GENERALLY opponents recover backwards, that gives you enough time to get it out. I'm not sure but I think it's possible that if the opponent techs foward the sg will hit depending on timing. DO NOT attempt sg's on a testament with half tension unless he is very far away... Nightmare circular is a bitch... Even without tension I think exe beast may also bring some problems so.. be cautious with sg and testament.

I just started using millia recently, too. One thing I've noticed with her is that a counter hit 6H is a lot of fun, just follow it with a roll(214K) and you get an easy air combo. Near a wall you can do 6H© 214K 6H 236S 2H(jc) jS jH j214S(land) S 2H(jc) jS jH j236P. That's 260 damage for zero tension.... :amazed: (I only tried it against johnny, I don't know how well it works on other char.) But anyway, right now I'm trying to learn her hairpin loop, and I'm having a lot of trouble getting her to pick up the hairpin when she does the 2H relaunch. The airdash timing after the hairpin seems to be the key, but can't seem to get it right. What should I do? How character specific is the hairpin loop? And can you get any combos off of FRC'ing j236P? j236P RC 2H(jc) jS jH j214H j236P does about 134 damage(can also go into hairpin loop) but when I try to do it with an FRC, I can't get anything in after the Bad Moon.

6H CH can be pretty devastating, yup. From midscreen I try to go for 6H CH, launch with 5S©-2H, sjc.S-H, H-Pin, land, 6H for knockdown. Does nearly 200 damage on average health chars, and allows for followups with Roll -> running Disc (FRC) or SG or what have you.

Pin loop is kind of weight-specific, but it's pretty generic in most cases. Just stick with it for a few days of practice / playing and you'll get it soon enough. Here's the general way it goes:

(launch), j.S-H, H-Pin, early AD, falling j.H (somewhat late - but can be a bit early), 2H (delay for just a moment so you can pick up Pin), j.S-H, H-Pin, early AD, falling j.H (requires good timing here), 2H to pick up and launch as soon as possible...

Then you can end it in a few ways like with sj.S-H, H-Pin, land 6H, or even another rep of j.S-H, H-Pin on some chars (H-Pin hits late enough for an untechable knockdown).

For heavies, use S-Pin when you start the loop and make that first AD very early. For lights, omit the j.S's in the middle. Just play around with it and you'll get it. :)

After TK Bad Moon FRC you can technically do some damage, seeing as how the AI does it often enough. However, the FRC timings are different on hit and block, so if blocked you'll end up getting killed since your FRC/RC window has passed.

When there's not enough time to lay Disc after a far away knockdown, sometimes I do TK Bad Moon RC into running 5S, if that hits I launch into midscreen knockdown combo / Pin loop. It's very safe, which is nice when you have excess tension. It doesn't deal a whole lot of damage (TKBM kills the guard gauge), but hey, damage is damage with Millia, considering you won't be doing alot anyhow unless you land that magical 6H CH or manage to get that increasingly-rare corner knockdown.

For the 6H counterhit, that bounces them up, right? Is this property new to #Reload? 'Cause I have it for the X-Box but I still play XX on PS2 because I like their pads better.

If you can do it consistently, and that's a 6H or low AD j.H at the end, it's a good place to start. But, you can build on that. Here are some notes as to how:

- The way you listed it, it looks like you're doing it on a heavy (due to 214S and not 214H). On mediums/lights, always use 214H after the first j.H.

- You can add an extra rep in your combo. (See linked post below for general specifics)

- You generally do not want to be using 2S in loop/juggle combos as it is a funky move, causes extra pushback and may be harder to time! So just omit that part.

I listed the general corner loop combo in my post here. Try to work something out that starts with that as a base and go from there. And always keep in mind that you need to vary your loop combos according to weight class.

Other than the Silent Force loops and its spinoffs I cant really find a combo that does as equally as much damage. So in midscreen the best option to get a safe possible loop from far is to use c.hit 6+HS is it?

Yeah that works, there's also anti air 5p, 5p into a loop or a CH air dust which can cause a wall bounce. As a last resort, if the opponent isn't very wary you can use the pin to cause a CH stagger. Other than those there's always the tick throw (roll or TK turbofall or combo of pin and turbo fall or 6k FRC on turtling opponent). After the throw either run foward and set disc, SG or run foward and 6h. I don't recommend you sticking to throwing out random 6H to get a CH. If the 6H misses you can be FAR from safe. Especially if the opponent baits it. Also I'd recommend you start practising the mid-screen pin loop, at least on light characters where it is relatively easy as they float. It can do decent (180+) damage from 3 reps.

Sign in to follow this