Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PozerWolf

Ky Accent Core Matchup Thread

Well here it is, an GG:AC Ky match up thread.

Feel free to post up match up options, however I want opinions from people who actually have experience playing actual people. I don't want people who watch a bunch of jap vids giving out crappy advice, I want people with real experiences to post. With that said... :v:

Vs Testament

This match up is really scary for Ky, as Ky really can't stick out anything at the start of a round in fear it could lead into a retard bad lands loop into knockdown. Testy's HS EX Beast and 6K just beats out most of Ky's pokes.

Of course, during mid-game, zone with whatever you got; ASE and use j.HS to take out some of Testy's webs. Try to FRC your heavy stun edges in attempts to rush down Testament, just be careful with HS Beast.

Watch Testament's game closely, if you see Testament is too busy setting up traps then try to air dash in with j.S > j.HS and combo. Testament can anti-air and testament can set traps, but just remember this: he can only do one thing at a time.

Vs Jam

Don't be too afraid of moves like her force break Puff Ball move, you can actually 6P her out of it. Using 6P in general as an anti-air is a good idea to use against her seeing as how it defeat a lot of her air moves as well.

Stay on the ground as much as possible, don't bother too much try to zone her with ASE.

Trying to out beat her normals is a pain tho because of Jam's 2S, but remember that nothing can really beat Ky's 2S at max range.

Vs Eddie

Zoning with your Air fireballs and j.D is actually one of the best things you can do against Eddie. If Eddie blocks an ASE (Slash version) FRC, you can get in for some free pressure.

Eddie's normals suck, so don't worry about getting out poked. However, the drills are a pain in the ass.

Vs Sol

Sol does random VV's, Ky does random force break Orbs.

BAIT THAT SHIT! lol

Vs Pot

This match up is a pain in the ass for Ky; Pot almost shuts down Ky completely.

The only thing you can do is slowly pace yourself closer to him and attempted to pressure him. From a distance, try throwing out j.D every now and then in attempts to bait out Pot's slide head, right before you land.

When pot is in the air and tries to comes down with j.D, almost any attempts to do anti-air (6P, 2HS, sometimes VT) will either be beaten out, or it will clash. In situations like these try to avoid Pot's j.D and punish the recovery. Or, you can jump in the air with him and interrupted his j.D as he is falling with j.K and into a air combo.

Don't try to random VT if your scared of Pot's command throw, instead try back dashing.

More/Better character match-up info coming soon.

Until then discuss!

Question about Pot's j.D - is Greed Sever an option to counter it with (assuming there's enough time to hit it)? It seems like it'd be a good chance to smack him in the air and get a decent air combo going.

If I see Pot's j.D coming what I do is 2H>2H The First 2H Will Clash and the 2nd will Nail Pot for a Combo+KD. If the Pot for whatever Reason does it at a weird angle. (Not where he can hit Ky) Find a way to punish him for it. j.D still has landing Recovery.

Question about Pot's j.D - is Greed Sever an option to counter it with (assuming there's enough time to hit it)? It seems like it'd be a good chance to smack him in the air and get a decent air combo going.

Hmmmm, I have no idea, really.

Never thought of using Greed Saber to take out Pot's j.D, so I don't know the effects.

If I see Pot's j.D coming what I do is 2H>2H

The First 2H Will Clash and the 2nd will Nail Pot for a Combo+KD.

Thing is, what if the Pot player is doing the samething?

In some cases, the Pot player would not be new to the fact that j.D will class with almost anything (hell, even Sol's VV most of the time), so he could actually have a plan B up in case of a clash. A bit risky if you ask me ;(

I dont see why light saber wouldnt be potemkins jump dust, but I dont think thered be many oppertunites for you to have time to do something like that in the first place. I say best thing to do is something like a shoryuken, duck hs, jump kick(though of course not to likely since this requires you to anticapate it) air throw, jump up IB it early then counter when you land or something to that exstent. And of course if it clashes it clashes, jsut puts you back at even to say... Nothing wrong with that. And of course if you hit him out of it, go for unblockable loops since him and ky are the easiest to get it on after there dusts. Pretty simple and makes risking doing anything after the dust risky as well to say. And of course if you are just having trouble countering it all around, well whats the harm in just getting out of the way? Just back dash out of there. You arent forced to block it, not like you can really combo into jump dust to say. Its a pretty stand alone move, so if your having that much trouble with it, just be on the safe side and back dash away from it and create some space. He shouldnt be able to abuse it to the point where your stuck blocking the whole time or anything like that.

Marn told me he thought it was a bad match for Pot. YEAH WHATEVER DAWG. EX j.D is great against Pot. He can't do a damn thing about it.

EX j.D is great against Pot. He can't do a damn thing about it.

I can vouch for this. In a tourney match, it saved me countless times because it temporarily limited his ability to move even after knocking me down.

vs PO: Instead of trying to counter PO's ass, it's really better to run away Why: 1. Hard to anti-air: pots always try to crossup their ass, so 6p and VT could be inputted wrong way. Using 2h is risky, cos it became slower. If you challenge a good Pot, it always hits j.D in a different time, so you have to time your anti-air different way 2. CH ass = pot buster, and almost any lame anti-air leads to CH ass )) When u expect a jD, better run back, wait a little and run in for a 6p combo / block string Vs JA: Forget about 6p-ing her ball FBs -if you challenge a good Jam, it's nearly impossible(in common, you trade hits, and in the worst case, you get a CH and 200dmg combo). Better just block it, and then try to backdash / 2p(or just wait till her tension runs out). If you're in a distance and expecting a FB ball, you could also try punishing it with jumping(or double jumping) and H. Jam is a light-weight character, so if you hit her somehow, always go for 2d -> Orb combo for max damage and knockdown. Don't overuse CSE on her wake-up(advanced Jam players parry this, or, moreover, make a burst-cancel, anyways, you are in a disadvantage). Try to use more low hits in a block string(so that she can't use parry), and, as said before, 2s is your friend(and IMHO the best way to start a round). Vs MA: You can punish most of her dolphins by 2D, and combo it to orb(or sacred edge, if the distance is too high). You can use easy 3x-LJ-loop on her and still get a KD. 6p CH's dolphins. 2s is the best round starter. That's all for now, maybe I'll post more stuff later. by the way, does anyone here have any strats against Chipp?

Just a few things for pot since I know that matchup pretty good. When he does the jD, its prolly best to just wait for him to land and punish the recovery, just make sure to do it early so that he doesnt pot buster. Trying to anti air him or some of the other things do work but it depends on where he steers to and timing... Alot of the times you eat a counter hit... Kys jumping constillation is great for zoning in general against pot. Use it regularly. Nice way to blow tension. Ya everything else has been said... And for Jam... well Ive been playing Flash for years (mostly losing ^_^) and I still have no tips on that fight... Its never been in Kys favor thats for sure.

vs Slayer: First major step to victory is avoid his 2h -> BBU. To do this you really have to avoid or just stop using stun dipper, really should not be using it to much anyways because it got nerfed this time around. Locking Slayer in the corner is not to hard and as long as you make sure he makes his move first. I have whiffed way to many slashes when he dashed, with him in the corner I enjoy the 2p, 2k, 6p, 6H, 236s -> FRC, 5k, 5h, 2d block string. Seems to be really safe leading with the 2p on slayer and then the rest just jacks his guard bar up and from there you just need to continue to control him. One thing I have trouble with vs Slayer is his j.H. That thing seems to beat Ky's 6P every time I go for it. Any tips on what I should do, also have gone for the 2H but that seems to lose as well.

not to mention thanks to his forcebreak, he's effectively got a dragon punch now. jumping shennagins around him may lead to you losing half your life now, so be careful. Also be aware that if you do any blockstrings ending with fireball, he can forcebreak through the fireball and hit you.

Avoiding 2H isn't so much of a problem as avoiding 6k/2k, which can link into 2H > big gay upper.

i HAET that >:I

my biggest problem is pot. and not because i dont know what to do (cause i do) but because after i hit him with ten different mixups he hits me once and its pretty much ggs :(

One gimmick to use on Pot that works well for me as far as getting inside to do damage... is knowing that Ky's new ground CSE fades out even on reflect, so once it's reflected, it will fade back out, but many advancing potemkin players don't know this, or haven't seen it. Knowing the maximum range of your normals is vital in this matchup, and you have to play it more at potemkins pace rather than your own. Stay unpredictable when playing your ranged game and you can usually get in. Slide head is the fucking devil.

ah I dunno if its a very good idea to talk about something so simply as a potemkin not knowning that kys fireball disapates or something. Especialy at this stage in the games life span. And if thats the case I dont think you would need any strat most likely to beat the so called potemkin in teh first place. In general I think its a bad idea to rely/talk of any stratagy assumeing that your opponent is basicly dum to say. Strats should be assumeing the other dude is good... Umm yea... Opps I forgot I wasnt going to post....

Yeah, I wouldn't call it a solid strat, just a possible gimmick. However feeling out for an opposing players possible ignorance of a certain situation happens all the time. Oh well, not solid really, so I see your point.

I played GGXX for a long time but I never made the jump to #R or / and now that I play AC he actually seems a little bit better. I know he's been nerfed though since that's what almost everyone is saying so can someone specify for me. Because AC is almost a different game entirely from GGXX. :?: Oh, and Ky's the man.

well that doesn't really fit the topic, but who are all these people saying Ky is bad? He's not as good as Slash Ky, no, but Slash Ky was top. AC Ky is a better design in my opinion and a more fun character to play. Lots of new options and nice new moves.

Stun Edge FRC > Potemkin. Wish I could do the damn thing 100% of the time, though, that requires PRACTICE ahhh

On the subject of vs. Pot, if you do have 25%, Sphere rapes j.D for free. On vs. Jam, 6P isnt that much guaranteed on FB Ball. You MUST know that its coming becuase it is very fast, fast enough to dodge a perfectly placed 6P. I dont know if SD is better in some cases. vs. Anji, here's a few things to always remember (some may be too elementary but Im doing it for the sake of new players.) -Stun Dipper, even with its recent slow down, can still beat Butterfly/Firefly. About 25% of the time, it wont be a guaranteed knockdown. -P Follow up after Fujin. There are 2 things you can do during the startup of this move. Greed Sever or j.K for free air combo. -If you know how to IB correctly, you can always get rid of any butterfly lockdown attempt with VT. Always remember to IB the first hit. -K followup after Fujin. You could either VT it (since it does hit both ways at times), counter throw or 2K. The only drawback is that if you do 2K too early, Ky will do it on the same side the jump was made, thus Anji throwing you back or getting 150+ in your ass. -Try and stay away from 6HS against guard point happy Anji's. -Stun Dipper/Greed Sever punishes S followup after Fujin without a FRC/RC. That's all I can think of for now.

from my experimenting in training mode, using slide vs FB puffball is really distance dependant due to the fact that slide has so much startup now :(. Done at the wrong distance/time, it will trade (which means you lose). I dunno, maybe if you're daring enough, a 2D will do the job since it's got a fair amount of active frames? as for anji, what about the fujin H and D followups? just try to react and poke low?

as for anji, what about the fujin H and D followups? just try to react and poke low?

Basically yes. Stun Dipper usually does the best job since these 2 follow ups are similar. Just for the D follow up, its scary sometimes to think that you wont make it with Stun Dipper but it does, its just that D follow up is faster. A 2k or 2s would be best for D follow up.

It is very very hard to land SD on FB Ball from experience but you would have a better hit rather than 6P because SD stays out longer than 6P. Both of them work no doubt.