Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PozerWolf

Ky Accent Core Matchup Thread

Not sure but I find it harder to deal with Sol than order sol. Because Ky have SE so he can deal with HOS from a distance. HOS must stay close to the opponent, he doesn't have a projectile. Sol has his GunFlame. So he can do pressure more. Even Ky has GS, it's still quite hard to deal with Sol. Just my opinion tho. They both have a shoryuken. So must be very carefull to do a set up when they Knocked down.

if you could put out a matchup in numers (5:5, 4.5:5.5, etc.), what would you put Sol/HOS at? I'm curious, since they're the "main rivals" in the story.

none. they would create a time paradox and explode:eng101:

Any tips to fight againts dizzy? I'm so frustated with her fish expecially the laser and his arrow...I think SE ing her too much isn't a good idea. VT may hit her fish tho...

Mid Range=Far Slash her. (It beats pretty much most of her options.) Hell you can go Slash Ky on her if you need to. It's pretty funny. 5S (Far)>Stun Edge> Run forward a little>5S (Far)>SE>Predict her jump and 2H her during the start up of it. Instant blocking, Overdrive or me making a bad judgment call was typically how the Dizzy I played got out. So I'm assuming her options vs. this either suck. Or he didn't know them. What I saw a lot was he either tried to Ice Spike which got beaten by the Far Slash. or he tried to jump. And got nailed by SE or Far Slash. Or better yet.2H. Wait for the really overly gay tick throws and try and either Counter Throw her or 2P her out of it. Fauntless Defense the ground normals on her block strings to try and put some distance so you can escape the corner stuff easier. AA wise... Um... I still really haven't figured this one out. But 6P works when the move comes out. 2H works if you time it extremely well, HSVT works, I've seen people use AA Air-throw on her. Combo wise. She is the hardest Character for Ky to do LJ loops on easily. Cause of her hitbox. A lot of the standard stuff will whiff. For a while. I got tried of trying to figure one out so I just did Throw>FRC>6HxN instead. But I think it's just better to do Air combo for your combos on her. Cause she takes pretty huge damage. But I'm just mentioning a lot of the combos your going to want to use. Wont work. So you might want to look into that. I don't know. The Japanese think it's Ky's best match up. And like 6.5:3.5 I don't understand how. Other than Ky Rapes the shit outta her at Mid Range. I think it's pretty even. But maybe I'm just a scrub and cant play the match up right.

@exelence Ah...what are you afraid of? I think Ky's stun edge doesn't scare dizzy player. Dizzy have much more powerfull projectile. Just jump over it or use your fish so you'll be safe...

that 6.5 match up was there if the Ky player can space his position right at mid and abbuse his stun edge really, there's almost no way Dizzy can counter it with anything, if she rushing in with j.2s -> 6p/air throw her, if she iad back ward, sent another SE and position yourself again at this point i may be able to do ice spike, but if u know it will come ... well u know the drill

Like I said. I doubt it's that good. I think it's Even. But I can see why a Dizzy player would hate the match up.

umm ive never seen ky ever with a 6.5 match. Even in slash I dont recall seeing ky vs dizzy a 6.5 and thats when he did have the "trap"' date=' and that doenst work anymore in AC. So how the fuck ky can have a match where its almost rape. I dont see.[/quote']

I think Ky/Robo Ky was 8:2 or something silly like that in Slash. As far as AC...well...even 6:4 is generous for his "good" matches imo.

Well to me 7-3=rape... And 8-2= is unwinnable. And in a game like GG, where you can die in 2 combos/mix ups etc. I dont see how a unwinnable match up is possible. Rape I can understand. But something like 8-2 no. Plus all the ky crap in slash was bs to me anyway, ky never won any big tournies in slash ever, even chipp won a big tourny in slash. But kys never won shit for him being the "best". Also although I dont watch everything ive seen more matchs of robo ky beating ky in slash then ky beating robo ky. Wasnt there even some big team tourny in japan at acho where the robo ky team beat the ky team? Anyway........

Yep, you're right. I remember that team match and yeah, Slash Ky didn't win shit, especially not in the states. Then again, correct me if I'm wrong, but the japanese seem to put up mostly vids that they think are interesting/different.

Can anyone help me with fighting Slayer and Zappa? I fight someone who plays both quite skillfully. Zappas ghost combo and dog infinite really annoy me and I need ways to hit him efficiently as he's short as hell. Slayer I need somes tips on fighting him overall. My execution of combos is severely limited as I lack a stick. I plan to get one when akihabarashop opens up again. It might be stupid but I think my loss is a factor of me lacking a way to finish combos due to a lack of a stick.

does anyone have any advice vs testament? In particular, what do you do if testament gets you in the corner and does 6K > exe beast continuously? I've tried FD, 1 frame jump, and even slashback, but no luck. Am I just missing something?

IB the EXE Beast and jump out. Testament's recovery from EXE to another 6K is more than enough time to jump out. Now what he does afterwards is the problem he has plenty of options Another 6K 6HS J.S Badlands etc etc

its three-point-five to six-point-five, sorry for the confusion SL and PO r not even matchs for ky, :p considering both TG efficiency and combo damage gap

They can both be easily outzoned by Ky. He can play keepaway and win the match without ever going to them. What kinda reason is damage gap? Almost EVERYONE does more damage then Ky. =O

Personal Diagram: (Ky:Opponent)

JA ZA

3.5:6.5

FA VE PO BA ED SL

4:6

JO BR

6:4

Other

5:5

I pretty much agree with all this except that I think that HO is 4:6 since he is pretty much Sol with more damage.

They can both be easily outzoned by Ky.

He can play keepaway and win the match without ever going to them.

only SL and PO dont know how to deal w/ Ky will be easily outzoned by Ky

Ky's mid-range rnt that gd against these 2 chars especially they got enough TG

and when everytime Ky does one combo, it gives away more than 15% TG and increase there Tension Balance

SL: 2HS, JHS, 2D too much damage source, 2HS K are both gd moves against Ky

PO: damage return difference in the mid-range, 2K 2S JS...etc

SL and PO are even. Ky is one of the better characters vs. SL even. 2H is the worst part of the match up. As for meter efficiency Ky has combos that are practical and easy which regain all the meter he spent on the FRC he used to start the combo. It also brings them to the corner and knocksdown. He also gains meter the fastest in the game pretty much. His damage can be just fine if you learn SE FRC since those combos easily do 35% to 60% for very little meter. To be honest Ky is 5:5 with more than half the cast. Eddie, Zappa, Faust, Venom, and Jam are his problem matchs. Venom is most likely the worst of the bunch. Ky would be pretty bottom tier if the match up was what you've suggested which it isn't.