Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jais

[AC] Bridget Match-Ups FAQ

Detailed here is the most important thing I can stress about GG, match-ups. Eachcharacter has a post in this format. Openers- Their usual opening moves and how to counter & win by first move. Punishes- Ways to punish their unsafe moves. Counters- Ways to nail CHs. Anti airing- PROPER anti-airing- 6P is not a catch all. Zoning- What characters have a hard time dealing with. Their game plan- Enemy strats. Strategy-Your strats. Char specific details. examples combo’s IAD combo - Check or not SJI combo - Lift, c.S(1)~SJI~f.S~6S~sj.B&B KSMH~K on Crouch - details KSMH~K on Stand -details

Posted Image A.B.A.

Stats

5/5 basically because she has a hard time getting in and you win outside, but inside she does massive damage to your giant enemy crabs. Eeek

Openers

You taking initiative

j.P, react

5P, react

BD, react

Her taking initiative and you countering

her slide- KSMH will crush it, 2D, and late 2K

Key grab- 2D

BD - run throw

Punishes

Slashback any hit of rekka for 5K~2D~FRC~5K~6S~B&B

- After you SB the rekka, you could just do 5K~2D, and then pressure. Alternatively, you could do 5K~2D~FRC, then 5set, HSB, and do the jump back glitch UB setup for another knockdown (once again, DO NOT B&B off of UBs against A.B.A.. Just let her fall and die).

Flashblock second hit of rekka for a Starship~FRC~6S~B&B

Slashback second hit of FB shoryu and get CH 6S~HSS_#, f.S~6S

You don't have to SB the 2nd hit FB Danzai to punish it. She loses her hyper armor after hit 1, so you can do 5P~2D in between the hits if you're close enough. Also, once again you could would simply 2D after a SB'd 2nd hit, as her hitbox is huge at this point and you can do it from pretty much anywhere.

You can do 2K~2P on her wakeup, and if she FBs you still recover fast enough to block it and knock her down. If she doesn't, continue to pressure as normal.

Counters

Fireball, KSMH~P trade for a knockdown.

DO NOT TRY AND COUTER HER f.S!!!

Anti-airing

6P for Air Dash only

otherwise j.P, air throw, or jump, IB, land throw.

Zoning

Be deathly aware of Rekka and f.S Range!! You will lose to her f.s.

Combos can end at 6S range~HSS_6 ( AKA OUT of her f.S range) such as f.S~6S~HSS_6

Hug and Razor are descent as well, just make sure you are full screen when you throw them.

Their game plan

ABA's want to do 2 things when getting in Moroha mode.

1) j.HS

2) f.S

When in normal mode she will do everything she can to use a blood pack.

throw you, knock you away, etc.

Strategy

Her tension-less anti airs kinda suck so you jump in on her more than other characters.

This chick gets zoned hard by, yo yo call backs, air throws, and IBD J.S. no joke, zone hard!

Basically control your knockdowns, ZONE, and avoid f.S.

Char specific details

ABA has a crazy late wake up, after a KSHM~P, she can not get out of a meaty Punch bear on wake-up. USE THIS for landing lows to knockdown resets!!

Watch out for her DAA when pressuring. It wallbounces on CH, leading to all of your life disappearing. You can bait it with 2Ps and sweep her once it whiffs. As with everything else in this match, just be fucking careful, cuz it hurts too much if you're not.

Knockdown control

You have to realize how important knockdowns are in this fight. Even if you don't IK her b/c you have to bait burst etc. She still loses all her health. (Jaison - Personally I'll give up the knockdown if it's the first one b/c I don't want to bait her, late wake-up FB's , Burst, etc. I hate it when I get 2 knockdowns and give up big damage then I give it all up for nothing when she FB's. I feel like when I do bait it, bitch just BD/jumps away b/c I'm not pressuring her on wake-up. ) ( Frank the Tank - I fight A.B.A. more than I fight any other character, and have learned quickly that knockdowns > damage in that fight. Get that IK, bitches...it's way easier than actually trying to kill her.)

2K,throw or 2K,CH 2K~2D

2P, throw or 2P,CH 2K~2D

Starship~FRC~run throw

HSR, throw

be really careful with moving after 2K. It's +1, but it has almost no pushback and it's actually extremely hard to space the 2K, 2K poke string to be throw-safe.

Bridget can special cancel the first hit of j.D into Starship, which whiffs completely on ABA. The first hit of j.D knocks down. This is good to know if you manage to get an opportunity to do crossup j.D on her wakeup in moroha mode.

ABA is really hard to combo while standing especially after you have forced her to wake up after the blood meter is gone. I personally do this for my free combo

knockdown, HSS_6, HSB, f.S~6S~FB Punch~HSR, IAD over, push her into bear s.C(1)~f.S~2D. Set-up a punch bear on wake-up

combo’s- Extremely hard to combo standing, I'd stray away from the usual c.S(1)~6P stuff.

IAD combo - YES

SJI combo - YES

KSMH~K on Crouch - Normal

KSMH~K on Stand - Normal

defense- Do not throw on wake-up b/c 2HS is a lift and throw invincible. Generally don't startship on wake-up beings the crazy ass range of f.S she can really punish you for 60 some percent.

Posted Image Anji

Stats

5.5/4.5

Openers

j.P react

He does- you counter

6P - KSMH~P

Butterfly -KSMH~P

Stomp - Slashback/ 6P

Punishes

ZOMG SLASHBACK PRESSURED SPECIALS!!! pressured stomp and Fujin are free 5K~2D~FRC~B&B.

If he presures fujin you have answers for every option after that.

Fujin~P - air throw, j.P~j.2S~jc.S~j.2S

Fujin~K - ground throw after hop, it can 2K'ed into a knockdown combo on reaction.

Fujin~S - guard the low, punish w/ f.S~6S || Slashback low 2D~FRC~B&B

Fujin~D - Slash back / 2D~FRC~B&B

Fujin~HS - 2D~FRC~B&B / throw.

Butterfly -

If he full screen zones w/ butterfly you get a running 6S

If it's mid-screen you get an IAD combo.

If you block/delay wake-up instant orb. Punish w/ CH 3P, 2S~6S~B&B

Counters

his 6P loses to 2D and KSMH

3P beats Fujin, DONE.

Anti-airing

6P is amazing in this fight, especially now in slash when Anji's are reluctant to use j.D b/c of grounf recovery.

Zoning

Razor bear, then 6P or air throw, lol.

Jump out of fujin range if you don't want to 3P. GET OUT OF FUJIN OR COUNTER IT.

Their game plan

Counter poke you w/ 6P if you f.S, 2D if you do most things, and Fujin through everything. Except Kenji =P he will use 5P for everything. Counter poke you w/ Fujin. j.D fall j.S to whiff anti anti-air

Strategy

Zone.

If you rush him you will eat an auto guard or Fujin.

BAIT FUJIN

Wake up fujin and auto guards are there, bait it by using 3P and yo-yo.

Patience.

Air throw his jumps.

Char specific details

combos- He's fat in the air, so B&B's are easy.

IAD combo - Yes

SJI combo - Yes but late c.S(1).

KSMH~K on Stand - Normal

Posted Image Axl

Openers

Safe openers:

2K ( low profies his f.S punish with your f.s.) ( recovers in time time block any attack he throws)

guard low, highly recommend this. BTW.

His offensive openers.

5P - it stuffs your BD

f.S - 2D wins

2D -2D wins

Rensen - guard / jump.

cross - over special, air throw (loses to his 5P)

Punishes

j.Bomber- jump into it, Flash block, land throw. Otherwise it's a frame trap.

j.(green, circle spin attack, lol). He is CH state while falling, CH 2S~6S~B&B

cross over special - 2D~FRC, run 5K~6S~B&B

Counters

whiff 5P, CH 6S (you have to predict this not react to it)

Shoryu - 2K, or 2D will counter him

Anti-airing

He will poke w/ j.S a lot. you can jump and IB it, easily.

All his air normals los3 to 6P early enough. Just don't counter poke his f.S w/ 6P.

Zoning

HSS_6, HSS_7, Roger Hug, Razor Bear ALL DAY. Guarding random pokes full screen is NO BIG DEAL. yo yo baby. It's a fun fight. zone on the ground, not the air.

Their game plan

1) Anti air you with 2S for Huge damage.

2) poke you w/ Rensen.

3) Poke you w/ 5P.

4) Crush Starship w/ 2HS, 3P, Rensen.

5) Pressure 6HS, loopyness.

Strategy

your mid range game loses to Rensen and 5P. Don't play the f.S range. Play, dead in his face or FULL SCREEN away.

Full screen zone as in above.

1) Don't blindly IAD / jump in on him. Throw a yo yo at least and scare him first.

2) Stay out of f.s range. Rensen has a slow start up, so be in close or out of Rensen range.

3) Throw a 6P to punish the whiff on reaction.

4) Do NOT starship on wake up, he was a million days to bait / hurt it really bad.

5) Jump, IB, land throw.

Char specific details

Not that he's likely to take to the air that frequently, but his jump arc combined with his annoying combo-proof hitbox means that if you do two j.Ps on the way up as air-to-air, he'll float too high for a third jumping move to connect. If he himself is ascending and not descending there's a good chance even the second j.P will whiff.

:thumbu: This is a great contribution

combo’s

IAD combo - a go go

SJI combo - a go go

KSMH~K on Crouch - a go go

KSMH~K on Stand - a go go

Posted Image Baiken

Stats

6.0/4.0 Big damage =\ Matts are king zoning. They lead to big damage.

Openers

Your initiative

j.P~react

block low, react

KSMH (P beats a lot and if she command runs you can K and escape)

backdash, react

Baiken initiative - How you counter

5S, - CH f.S~KSMH(whiff)~P

J.D,- 6S

J.S,- j.P

backwards IAD tatami- 6S

63214K (invul dash), - throwm 2K, 2D, KSMH(auto guard)~K whiff

backdash - f.S~6S~HSS_#

Punishes

Counters

Blocked P counter, f.S 2D~FRC~B&B.

Bloced S counter, f.S or 2D~FRC~B&B. Unless your close, the pushback wont allow for both hits to connect. if the S counter is FRC'd, its SAFE, dont try to punish her cause she has frame advantage. a 2k very close to baiken will cause the S counter to go over bridget if properly timed because she is in crouching state. You can Backdash it also ><

Aohurn - Backwards IAD j.S will smack baiken for a CH. 6P causes it to either whiff or clash if she goes right over you. 2K will sometimes make it go over you as well (pending based on distance from her)...if your 3/4 across the screen, you'll beat her out with a 6P. 6S is NOT a reliable anti counter imo against that counter.

K counter, throw her when she stops or 5k~f.S~2D if you react fast enough.

Punish tatami with f.S or 2D up close. Tatami is safe for her if she does it at max range and u dont either IB/SB it.

Punish air 623S with the CH 6P B&B combo.

Punish 63214K (invul dash) with a low attack or throw.

Her slashing super you can flash block the second hit and starship~FRC~B&B the third.

Counters

6P beats mindless j.HS pressure but do it EARLY, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

6S beats Air tatami

Pressure Roger Rush so you can air throw aohrun back into Roger.EASY

Bear will cancel hits w/ mat ( projectiles) and then she is CH open.

Anti-airing

For this particular match, 6P actually stops just about everything Baiken can do from an IAD/ariel perspective. 6P will clash with baiken's 623S. For a baiken trying to spam j.HS, 6P will either clash or beat it out unless you start it too late, then baiken wins the CH. IAD tatami...nothing Bridget has will beat it out so don't try. You have to hit her before the tatami hits you...generally 6S works better for countering it vs 6P. For Aohurn, 6P will usually only cause it to whiff. if your 3/4 across the screen away from her when she does it, 6P can catch her coming down for the CH. Again, i personally wouldn't rely on 6S for stopping that counter. Starship will clash with j.S and j.HS , tatami and yo-zonsein beats starship.

Zoning

Zoning to bait CH's is your only chance at winning in this match-up, since baiken can easily get out any and all situations Bridget can put her in with relative ease.

f.S is not a reliable poking tool, since Tatmi will CH you. Your best bet is to not stay in baiken's face, use a lot of j.p,yo yo,buffer zoning to bait dashes, jump ins, and punish accordingly .

Their game plan

Use counters to get out of pressure, IAD tatami's, J.hs lockdown, getting big dmg off of just about every option available, wait for you to make the 1st mistake, tick throw in the corner to get an easy 10-15% off of Bridget, guard building pressure, getting a knockdown via j.D combos ~ IAD tatami pressure.

If she pressures a 6P, you pretty much want to guard high b/c it doesn't gatlin to any lows and all she can so is special cancel and jump cancel AKA instant yo-zonsein

If she pressures the chain pull, just 1F jump out.

Strategy

All my damage comes from lil pokes and proper anti-airing. You can not RTSD,

BE PATIENT. Rely on roger/yo yo gimmicks to be the main bases of putting pressure on her and bait something out to punish. Tick throws = $$$$ (*note* you can throw her out of the S counter before it shoots out). Learn to realize that she tends to be safe after a lot of her moves so try to punish the obvious, and for everything else, learn to just block it and wait for an opening. DON'T get antsy and panic cause she causes your guard gauge to flash in 5-6 hits. You do = she wins. also....truth be told, FB roger rush is a waste of tension (overall) in this match, dont bother. No smart baiken is gonna react to that move with the S counter for obvious reasons. Starship on wakeup = NO. Learn to block the oki rather than relying on starship invul frames. Starship actually loses with alot of baiken's junk , so be wary of her CH baiting the Starship w/ tatami.

from a knockdown, you UB that whore, all day. Baiken like guarding b/c it's potential alpha counter damage.

Char specific details

combo’s

2D FRC 5K, 6S B&B takes a huge chunk of dmg for 25% tension (only end with starship if extremely close during the 2D FRC)

All other usual combos seem to work well on her but combo's will mostly end in yo yo sets vs starship ender.

Aerial CH 6S~HSS_7~6S :thumbu:

Starship~FRB~B&B you have to SJI th e6S or the last j.2S whiffs.

IAD combo -

SJI combo - YES! Corner UB woot

KSMH~K on Crouch - normal

KSMH~K on Stand - normal

its probably about time to correct some things here and add other things...now that its been almost a year that i wrote the 1st writeup, and ive had the honor (:vbang: ) of still dealing with this matchup the most, i can fix stuff...but rather than just correct things in the above quote, ill just say whatever is on my mind here and just reference the old material if necessary

note - [RIC] is gonna be my shorthand for rolling idou cancel whenever i need it

1st off...the 1st objective of this matchup is to get a yo yo out (obviously)...usually the go-to goal is to have it behind the opponent, but for this matchup, it really doesnt matter, u just want it out because your gonna have to get in the habit of roll canceling EVERYTHING you do against this ho. until u get that yo-yo out, i dont recommend attacking her at all cause all your range pokes have enough neg frames behind it to get hit with a counter for free (specifically Aohurn)...

** important note #1 - special canceling something like f.S ~ Starship will NOT save you from Aohurn....ive tried this strat, and i eat a CH everytime...thats right, CH, not trade, not clash...CH

** important note #2 - f.S ~ HSS_ can be punished by Aohurn as well every single time (except in the corner) unless the baiken player didnt time it right..its this reason why i recommend doing just a empty yo-yo set and going from there

So now, the yo yo is out, and your both at neutral, what now?

#1 (this is my personal strat but it may not work for others) - this is the time where u wanna get the yo yo to an ideal spot...personally, so long as the yo yo is on the ground (via 4set or air 1/2/3set, or even 7 set..personally i use 4 or 7), it doesnt matter where it is...u can constantly do something like f.S [RIC] f.S [RIC] to at least annoy the player into doing something stupid....if they are smart, then using this same strat will allow you to react the fastest way possible to whatever maneuvers the baiken player chooses (u roll straight into the ground and recover instantly...this is why this strat is good to keep in mind)

#2 you wanna get in - I would actually recommend staying away from this...this strat will get you killed really fast...but sadly...you have to resort to this at some point. Your options are to pretty much just stick to doing j.c moves and rolling offense (*note* when you roll...dont forget to FD)....attack as SAFELY as possible...an obvious, yet still important fact to remember. Throws are also really good..just understand that baiken's 5HS is dumb in the sense that it comes out relatively fast, and if u mis-tick throw and accidently do a yo-yo set/callback.....well...just dont.

#3 you stay away - probably THE BEST option, and the most used...when your at a distance, you essentially cut off half of the counter options baiken can do and narrow it down to Aohurn or the K counter...or a baku if they choose to do that (yea, it'll hit). you may have more range than baiken, but dont aimless throw stuff out, your hitbox during the active frames of your pokes will allow baiken's pokes to still land when they shouldnt...Kabari will also outrange anything you do, so watch for that too. Tatami's will actually CH your pokes if your yo yo makes contact with that door....:vbang: ). Roger calls are ok here..use your judgment. RFDC all over the place if u want..but understand that u cant beat baiken in the air...u just cant.....

So now, there's the misc information type stuff

- In the past, i said that the best way to counter Aohurn was with 6P...i actually wanna take that back now..the best counter is to air throw the bitch or just block. if your [RIC] stuff, your actually high enough to where u can just hit HS and air throw her....however u gotta time it right, or thats a CH.

- there's not really a damn thing u can do to stop IAD tatami's unless u anticipated it. 5p might work, but if your gonna resort to that, u may as well just IB the move and go from there.

- Baiken's pressure can "seem" intimidating"..but it isnt. the only reason it poses such a problem is b/c when it lands, it does enough dmg on Bridget + KD...her pokes will also crank your guard bar up relatively fast....u also cant react to Yoza, doesnt matter how good u are....so if your in a force 50/50 decision, you just have to defend against the option that would do the most dmg and wish for the best...problem here is Yoza RC combo will do about 55-60% on bridget and the typical 2D tatami FRC mess does about 45-50%....so yea...

- Wakeup starship gets beat out by so much of her shit....dont use it unless u got the tension...or u know it'll land.

- Baiken's j.S is one of those moves that she can throw out for days and there isnt really much u can do cept hit her before she shoots it out...if u cant accomplish that, just block. 6P does NOT work very well against it

- Unblocks are ok to go for..but good luck actually landing it...your better off using the unblock attempt as a fake out maneuver instead and be ready to bait some counter

I'll add more as i get around to it.

Posted Image Chipp

StatsA Horrible fight where he can frame trap the shit out of you, beat starship, and punish any whiff poke.

Vids

Link

Openers

Guard, jump back and guard, j.P~react are the safe options.

There are no safe offensive openers that give you enough advantage to pursue them.

your best opener is to block or jump/roll etc to see what he's gonna do. 3P as an opening move is a horrible choice as he has many ways to punish this....simply sit and block or jump

Punishes

Teleport - airthrow

Shoryu - CH 2S~6S~B&B, or if the yo-yo is behind. HSB~CH f.s~2S~BUG FB Punch Bear, etc.

- Any 22P and 22S can be punished with 2D.

- 22D and 22HS can be punished with a Air throw if you predict it...if its FRC'd, just block the mixup, no need to get knockdown or CH cause you wanted to try and beat him out.

- 623S can be punished like any ordinary DP

- Rekka (i think thats the name...2-3 hit chain he can do from 236S) can only be truly punished after the overhead kick...you have some options you can do after you block it

Counters

I DO NOT RECCOMEND THIS, BUT, a 3P will crush a sweep. only use it IFF you 100% know. CH 3P~KSMH~P.

I cant add much to this cept punish the DP...your not really gonna get CH's in this matchup..if u do, the chipp player probably isnt playing right cause 1-2 CH = death

Anti-airing

Air throw only. 6P loses to j.D and j.HS unless you throw it so early you can't combo off of it. Or if you are lucky you get a CH 6P~j.P and it's not to high.

6P will NOT beat out J.HS unless you shoot the move out before his animation starts. in general, u cant AA him on the ground. You can try to match him in the air however...j.P and j.S from a distance will beat out a lot of his stuff.

Zoning

Here is where you will hit your abahre hits. You'll pretty much only land, a j.P and airdash back j.S. Generally you should keep yo yo's neutral set and then called back, or pick up a rolling B&B off of a j.P for 50% life.

Chipp will not have a problem getting through your zoning...Teleports and Triple Jumps will easily get him where he needs to be to give you a pummeling. Things you can do to make it harder would be to do a bunch of Razor Rogers and Roger Hug and tons of yo yo callbacks. Place Razor Roger in a position where you cover either the ground or air and you have to cover the other end on your own....this strat is most effective with your back in the corner, since you dont have to worry about him TP'ing behind you.

Their game plan

1) Soul Projection Thing -

2) Fox Dash thing -

3) Pressure the shit out of you.

He's gonna pretty much be on top of you from start to finish using a mixture of teleports, j.D, J.HS, Triple Jumps (to catch your RFDC), Frame traps, etc. Good defense will get you far in this matchup.

Strategy

1)Super Jump away.

2) Super jump away, or guard but if he does the air one it's safe...so gay.

3)DEFENSE. You would rather get hit by a throw than a CH.

Know his rekka strings and when you can 1F jump out.

Poke with 2P and 5P instead of f.S.

2S is only OK if he is on the ground, not in the air.

leave a yo yo out and land a j.p into a rolling B&B. That's the best thing I got.

D-E-F-E-N-S-E from start to finish. Just because you can kill him in 2 combos (or 1 if u wanna do a CV take on him) does NOT justify RTSD. You also need to pick your yo yo sets and yo yo calls wisely. You will rely a lot more on yo yo set / yo yo call back over roger calls simply b/c roger's speed cant keep up with him....that doesnt mean that roger is useless though...you just have to be more smart about when to call him, what you call, and where you call him at. This is also another one of those matches where doing starship during wakeup is dumb and will have you eating dmg you couldve prevented by blocking.

-If he gets inside on you, and you block a c.S, DO NOT HIT ANY BUTTONS. If you do, you will get CH and knocked down, probably in a painful manner, then you get to guess.

-Same thing with Gamma Blade. It's +5, and perfect CH bait to lengthen a string.

-I am not a fan of razor roger in this fight, nor any roger move, really. I would just set the yoyo and don't fuck with it any unless it gets too far away from you. Roll, roll, roll. It helps you maneuver around him, and makes him have to think about where he teleports. Fun Fact: If you are RFDCing, and he teleports with H or D, you can snatch him out with an airthrow before he finishes materializing. Looks hilarious.

-Along the same lines, j.P is generally your best AA in this fight, and if the yoyo is out, a full double roll aircombo will take 50% off his bar.

-Be careful about setting or calling back the yoyo. No matter what you're doing with it, if he isn't knocked down, you are potentially setting yourself up to be CH by a random FRC teleport > CH j.D. This is bad.

-Use delayed getup liberally, as it'll fuck with his oki more than most chars. It also safely gets a yoyo into play.

Char specific details

Make your Oki the most solid it can be. He can escape easily, be aware. Oki leads to your most damage, don't give it away.

Misc stuff

- Chipp's gamma blade has to be FDC'd in the air....dont give him free dmg cause you didnt block it right.

- His 6P is really really good....dont underestimate it

- RFDC = roll faultless defense cancel...dont think ive seen this acronym used so i just used RFDC to shorthand

combo’s

IAD combo - Hard, very space specific

SJI combo - hard.

KSMH~K on Crouch - good

KSMH~K on Stand - good

Posted Image Dizzy

Openers

Punishes

Counters

Anti-airing

Zoning

Their game plan

Strategy

Char specific details

combo’s

IAD combo -

SJI combo -

KSMH~K on Crouch -

KSMH~K on Stand -

Posted Image Eddie

Stats

5/5 low damage, incredible movement, plus amazing zoning versus big damage, incredible movement, high mix-up, and descent zoning.

Ogawa considers this a 6:4 fight.

Openers

your initiatve.

IAD backwards~react

f.s~6S~HSS_#

2P

His initiative - your counter

j.K - 2S

2S - 2K,

2K - f.S

summon - IAD backwards

Punishes

DO NOT LET HIM PRESSURE INTO A SUMMON. 1F JUMP OUT.

If he pressures 2S~Summon you GTFO

If he pressures 5HS~Summon you GTFO

If he pressures f.S~summon you GTFO

If he's zoning w/ Eddie throw a backset, jump away and either call back or razor. Both will kill Eddie. Once Eddie is dead do not blindly IAD at Zato. HELLO he has great anti-airs.

Puddle is CH on his wake-up now. so you get a 3P combo

whiff Shadow gallery is a free 5K~c.s(1)~2D~FRC~B&B

His super will whiff you point blank on wake-up, so free combo.

Counters

6S~HSS_#, run f.S~6S an un-pressured drill.

Backsets are really good to counter lil Eddie.

any drill used for zoning is a free IAD combo.

Anti-airing

j.P wins, jump straight up though not over.

an un-baited 6P will beat his j.K if you throw it early.

Zoning

I like to poke w/ 6S. Especiallly w/ a backset buffered to make it safe if I whiff the 6S.

Yo-yos, all day. call back, razor bears, Hugs, make him fly around and try and take a dumb jump in (fly in) So you can 6P him.

Their game plan

knock you down. Then guard his 50/50 high low 5K or 6K loop. If you guard the first two attempts, and or they see you FD'ing he'll probably try and command throw you the last try before his Eddie Meter runs out so he can combo off it.

He will knock you down w/ CH 6HS, CH 2HS as anti airs/jumps. He will drill you and sweep you if you run in. then mix you up and UB you.

He could try and zone you by pulling Eddie out full screen away, no biigie though. Thanks backset.:thumbu:

Strategy

When you are inside.

When your in RTSD, Eddie has a real hard time dealing w/ pressure. Especially when you are buffering yo yo.

When you are outside.

ZONE, have fun. Do yo-yo tricks and jump around a lot to frustrate him into flying. You lose at the zoning game on the ground ( unless he throw drill) but you win in the air. Stay aerieal a lot until you are comfortable to be inside.

Char specific details

combo’s- He is a tall bitch, fuzzy this kat.

IAD combo - Check

SJI combo - Yes but c.S(1) has to be hella low.

KSMH~K on Stand - normal

Posted Image Faust

Stats

4.5/5.5 You both zone like mad, he just does more damage while doing so.

Openers

Safe.

IAD backwards j.S

j.P~react

Your initiative

2D

2P

2S

His openers- your counter

Superjump back - Superjump j.S (risky if he does a react opener he can B&B you)

5D - KSMH~P

5P - 2D

Punishes

whiff going my way - Air throw

If he gatling's into Pogo DO NOT PUNISH IT, It leaves him in Advantage. Do a j.P~B&B and beat anything he throws.

If he throws out that Random air FB, treat it as him pressuring into pogo.

If he tries to do the pull on you, you can 2K under it (low stance) then punish his whiff w/ a f.s~HSS_# (the hitbox is there)

Bag- If you have a yo yo out at jump height a HUG will rock this type of zoning.

Always jump air guard bag.

Counters

If he pressures into item throw DO NOT TREAT THAT AS INITIATIVE, It could be a Hammer then you CH yourself from that f.s you threw. his CH hammer leads to Huge damage.

2S fishing works amazing in this fight. a CH 2S w/ a yo yo out is like 1/3 life combo. w/ the rolling B&B's,

If you can predict an item you get a free CH 6S~HSS_#, run in f.s~6S~Hug

Anti-airing

lol no, there is no jumping in on you, it's Faust. If he even tries w/ a j.D or something just air throw him.

If he has meter I'll blow mine on a Starship FRC throw bait on his wake up w/ if he does his FB starship will win and then don't FRC it. He just wasted meter congrats, and you don't have to worry about meaty'ing attacks b/c he'll fear wake up more now.

Zoning

Poke him. Annoy him. Out zone him. Stay FULL SCREEN. I full believe if you play smart a Buri can out zone a Faust. You have more FULL SCREEN options than him. Do not plan on doing set, f.s, callback. No. we're talking. HSS_7, roll, Back dash f.S, react. Your absolute best bet is to annoy them and get them to dumbly rush you. make him realize he is at a disadvantage from zoning. Then he'll try and come in , slowly, but there he is at even more disadvantage.

Razor Bears, Hugs and call backs, all from a jumping height are amazing. If he runs under it you can 2S him. If he jumps back/over it a hug will nab him. Buffer is really good for this fight to. Keep something out to limit his air movement and control the space in front of Buri at Buri's jump height from full screen away. Win.

Their game plan

zone you, lol. Throw j.HS and beg for a CH for B&B

Throw bag to get you to guard it so he can come in on you and mix you up.

Throw 2HS to ground zone you and beg for a CH far B&B

Throw f.S to ground zone you.

Set an item then react.

Strategy

If you get a negative penalty, who cares. You aren't spending meter anyways really.

zone you, lol. Throw j.HS and beg for a CH for B&B( Why are you that close, Air guarding as a + too.)

Throw bag to get you to guard it so he can come in on you and mix you up.(Avoid, run away, done)

Throw 2HS to ground zone you and beg for a CH far B&B ( Free CH 2S, j.p~B&B)

Throw f.S to ground zone you. (Free CH 2S, j.p~B&B

void react(item)

{

Pot = Jump over him, so he walks away from you;

Bomb = learn the timing. If you are comboing DO NOT STOP, gatlin to c.S(1)~c.S(2) and jump cancel then IB the bomb to get a free 6S B&B extension + style points. Or air throw him into it;

Meteor = He will rush you. Before they come 1F jump and FD the grounded hit. Otherwise the command throw really hurts w/ meteors;

Poison = Avoid;

Sink = Learn timing. Yo-yo will cancel it out;

Hammer = Sink;

}

Char specific details

combo’s-

He is very fat while crouching I like 5K~c.S(1)~6P~c.S(1)~HS, run in c.S(1)~6P~c.S(1)~KSMH~P

While crouching he is very short. For the Corner KSMH~RC UB do a Jump installed KSMH~K~RC, HSS_7 ,RogerGet, AD~j.D

Do not HSS_6 on the ground unless you are MAX full screen. a pull will hurt real bad.

Do not IAD on Faust, if you are doing this then drop Bridget, you have no concept of zoning.

His j.2K is a lvl 5 move, if he is locking you down with it( corner) just guard. his mix-up is real easy to guard, All you have to watch for are his slow ass overheads and his command throw. If he is ever close enough for it.

If he whiffs your meaty(5p,2P,2K,5K)(lol Buri meaty's are ass for active except starship) w/ a 5D, THROW HIM when you recover. his dust is only -3 (safe). So you are at neutral ground ..basically...if you block and can't punish.

IAD combo - No

SJI combo - Yes c.S low

KSMH~K on Crouch - YES

KSMH~K on Stand - Yes

Posted Image Jam

Openers

Punishes

Ball super- CH state after.

Counters

Anti-airing

Zoning

Their game plan

Span puff ball b/c it leaves her at frame advantage.

Mindlessly run in w/ 2S to counter poke anything you throw.

Throw bait you on wake up with new 3HS

J.S when you are aerial.

Strategy

Do not air set w/out super jumping or double jumping first.

Avoid puffballs, super jump away.

Counter her rush in w/ KSMH~P.

Max range 2D beats her 2S. ( Beware FD break)

BD her throw bait. If she pressures it SB it.

Take the air throw, none of your air normals beat it.

Char specific details

combo’s

IAD combo - f.S~6S misses

SJI combo -

KSMH~K on Crouch -

KSMH~K on Stand -

Posted Image Johnny

Rules:

1. v Johnny, it's the same as Baiken watch your head more than your feet, Ensenga is an "ouch" and he ony has 2 low attack 2k/2s that usualy can't reach on his ideal spacing zone

2. play runaway games and make him after u, pokes a lot with f.s on max range

3. if he's VERY CLOSE 3p, it beat's out all of his option on worst case clashed

4. fake out every attempt of Jump in, his aa v Bridget is perfect :vbang:

5. Don't starship, he'll DB u and then oki to death

Openers

If you jump he can 6K

If you move he can , f.S, hs.

I think Backdash, guard, walk back are the best things here.

Punishes

Blocked 2H- CH 2S~6S~B&B

Blocked Ensanga - f.S~6S~B&B

IB Super - CH 2S

Counters

he is off the ground when he dashes. a 2S will pick him up for a free non-ch 2S~6S~B&B

While a HSB is forward, you can spam 6S to counter, coin, mist finder, transport all day.

Anti-airing

NO. ONLY use a yo yo. OR jump hella into his j.HS IB land throw.

Zoning

1/2 the The key to beating Johnny.

Johnny's mobility is blatantly obvious. Restrict where he can move w/ Razor bears, HSB.

Here is how you should think of this fight.

Buri --------Johnny

Ground-----Ground = His heavy beats all your normals.

Ground-----Air = His jump heavy beats all your normals

Air----------Air = Your j.S beats all his normals.

Air ---------Ground = His 6P beats all your shit.

Yoyo-------Ground/Air = Your yo yo beats everything.

Use spacing and yo yo to restrict and bait his movement. Keep him away. Zone for you life.

Their game plan

Pressure

A) Pressure you with coin~heavy~coin~mist cancel something~coin~heavy~heavy~mist something~heavy~heavy~heavy.

B) coin~Dash to start all over again

Try and get in.

1) Throw a coin

2) Transport

3) j.HS

4) Divine Blade to bait an AA, then FRC it and fall in for a free blocked j.HS

Strategy

A) 2/2 of the key to beating Johnny. Johnny has no mix-up. His shit is hella easy to IB. IFF he has %50 watch for instant ensanga( for damage, it is always there for him but it's a rick then) . Otherwise all you have to watch for is a dashing throw. Johnny nails all his damage from bitches trying to escape. Coins build no guard bar. Who cares, guard it. IB + FD all his other normals. push him away to far to have an advantage.

B) midscreen- after the heavy before the coin back dash.

corner - see above.

1) if he is zoning NOT PRESSURING a coin, you can run throw it with 6P for a 6P~c.S~whatever

2) j.S and 6S, razor bear in the way ( lol )

3) Jump IB land throw. DO NOT 6P.

4) Do not fight him above you. If he super jumps you can run under him.

Char specific details

He can fuck starship very very bad. via block~mist finder. Do not do it. his pressure is easy.

Delay wake-up his mist UB, and or 1F jump out.

combo’s

IAD combo - a go go

SJI combo - a go go

KSMH~K on Stand -normal

-----------------------------------------------------

about the match up:

6p beat any of his air normal

6s his divine transport, that i doubt any smart Johnny player will do v Buri

air to air game

he beats u flat with his normal j.s/j.hs :vbang:

His Gameplan

he will try to press to the corner and chipping u to death with his strong mid range frontal offense (Mist finner & ensenga)

solution:

high jump, yoyo set, Rolling Idou... whatever u do, don't try to be offesive, just run and pokes him and score ch whenever he try something stupid

well i think that's all in my match up ... it's become even harder from slash :vbang:

Posted Image Ky

Openers

Defensive

Do not backdash

Iad back ( yo yo set if he throws a fireball)

Guard low.

his opener your counter

5HS - 2D :thumbu:

Greed Saver - Jump up guard, land 5K~c.S(1)~2S~2D or Flash guard j.k~j.C~j.K~j.S~j.2S

Stun Dipper - Jump up guard (whiff) landing 5K~c.S(1)~2S~2D

2HS - 2D

Punishes

Stundipper-

A) Close- Flash guard first hit- CH 3P second hit

B) Far-STANDING Flash guard second hit( run in if needed) 2D~frc~run 5K~6S~B&B

Greed Saver- Jump flash guard(run in if needed) he'll land 5K~whatev

Vapor Thrust

bait it by FD and a "meaty" 2K will whiff his VT

A)Aeriel CH - Guard, HSS_6, CH 6S~HS, 6S~B&B

B) landing hit - Guard, HSS_6, Ky lands, 5K~c.S(1)~c.S(2)~HS~run c.S(1)~6P~c.S(1)~KSMH

Air Stun Edge

Run under them

A) 25% - Ky lands 5K~c.S(1)~2D~FRC~B&B

B) 0% - Ky is aeriel and almost landing, 5K~6S~B&B

Ride the Lightning-

Guard CH 3P woot

Counters

Do not try and counter Greed saver

Stun Dipper - Free 3P

Stun Edge- IAD j.K~j.P~j.S~land 5K~c.S(1)~2D~FRC~run 5K~6S~B&B

If they are 2HS crazy you get a free 2D

Anti-airing

Air throw onry

6P onry tech traps and obvious time he won't use j.HS to get it.

Always 6P his Air dashes, that free damage.

Zoning

Stun Edge

- run under it with a 2K

- through it with a 6P

- Starship threw it

Air Stun Edge

- 2K whiff them

Ky is a fun as hell fight, in fact it has to be the funnest AC fight.

Don't be to pokey b/c you'll lose to fireballs.

Try and stay at a range where if he fireballs you can IAD in and punish.

All generic f.S~callback, f.S~HSS_ work against Ky. If he throws a special to stop your zoning pokes you have all the punishes at hand.

Their game plan

Knock you down, he is kind of like Eddie a lil now, when he is away his 2 options are

A) Knock you down for mix up ( even giving up damage for the initial knockdown)

B) Anti air you. ( 6P, 2HS, j.K)

a) Once you are knocked down, beware of "pressured" CSE, b/c FB makes that a frame trap, down be...button friendly then, just FD and 1 F jump out, but FD the entire time.

Strategy

Zone him.

If he jumps in on you , air throw him.

If he specials, punish it.

Bait Stun edge while zoning.

Don't Air Dash at him, ever.

Char specific details

combo’s

5K~c.S(1)~2D~run 2K~f.S~6S(SJI)~SJ.B&B

Ky is the fattest crouching character, you can pretty much always get c.S(1)~c.S(2)~HS, run c.S(1)~6P~c.S(1)~c.S(2)~KSMH

IAD combo - A go go

SJI combo - EASY

KSMH~K on Stand - Normal

Posted Image Millia

Openers

Punishes

Counters

Anti-airing

Zoning

Their game plan

Strategy

Char specific details

combo’s

IAD combo -

SJI combo -

KSMH~K on Crouch -

KSMH~K on Stand -

Posted Image Hos

Openers

His opener - your counter

Backdash - late f.S~6S~HSS_#

j.P~j.P(clash) clash war =P

2D ~ 2D

5P beat out his f.S and his HS, and has time to 2K on recovery and hit gunblaze.

Safe openers

IAD back, react

j.P, react

Generally don't back dash on start-up b/C he can rocket.

Punishes

Shoryu- Block Ch P immediately as to avoid the frc delay landing mind game, CH 6P, 6S~B&B

Charge Burst - CH 3P or 6S take your pick.

Counters

If he is zoning w/ fireball, 2D wins, NOT f.S!!

2K gunblaze after your normal recovers, or throw, NOT f.S!!

Rock it is a Free CH 3P combo, not f.S!!

Anti-airing

Air throw.

CH j.P~j.2S~roll~j,2S~jc~j.K~j.S~j.2S his jump ins.

Only 6P if you know he is doing an obvious tech or some double jump in etc.

Zoning

DO NOT ZONE w/ f.S!!!!

yo yo's are real nice in this fight. Specifically HSR and just an old fashion call back.

2S's are so much safer to the than f.S

j.P ALL DAY, even j.P whiff Back dash j.S kind of stuff.

Their game plan

When their out and staying out. -

A) They'll be ghey and just Charge meter. You can't punish it, esp w/ the "burst" mind game.

When their out and trying to get in.

1)j.P whiff falling j.HS

2) normals, as in 2D, and 2S to poke you to put you at disadvantage.

3) Throw Specials to get in ( scrubby Anji lol)

Strategy

A) You can't make a shitty mind game of is he going to burst me. You should just close the cap of "comfort" so he'll stop charging. Then lather rinse and repeat zoning.

1) CH j.P~j.2S~roll~j,2S~jc~j.K~j.S~j.2S his jump ins.

2) run away and hopefully he'll chance you and think he has to do option 1 again, lol they usually do. 1F jump out, LOTS. If you get air thrown who cares.

3) Counter them w/ 3P (rocket) and 2K/throw( Gun flame) on reaction only. Don't try and counter poke him to much b/C Fafnir uber ghey and leads to HELLA damage. just be safe as hell. Dash brake is golden here.

Basically run away and make him come to you.

Char specific details

His 6K is throw invincible on wake up. If you flash guard it you are at neutral ground when he charges, so you can then 1F jump out.

He can dash brake and CH Starship w/ a Fafnir for Mega damage, don't be Starship counter poke happy.

Baiting on wake up

Generally it sucks to have to beat Shoryu and Gunblaze on wake up simultaneously. W/ the right spacing a HSS_6 Roger Rush will eat his upper than lead you to damage, and recover in time to punish Gunblaze. I'm talking KSMH~P, HSS_6, punch bear territory.

IAD combo - a go go

SJI combo - LATE

KSMH~K on Stand - normal

Posted Image Potemkin

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=vs2UuSoj9RE

Openers

backdash - NOTHING

Megafist - j.P (loses to heat extend)

Hammerfall ---- 2S~2K~2P~f.S~6S~HSS_# (loses to BD)

6P ---- 2S (it'll either clash or beat him out for a CH)

Slidehead- 2D

Openers against Pot are HORRIBLE. He has an answer to every one of your offensive openers. Even if you try to be defensive via Backdash(slidehead,hammerfall), IAD back (Head extend), block ( hammerfall feint mind game) he can bone you. Be very wary of how risky your fist move is.

Punishes

Hammerfall ---- f.S~2D~FRC~B&B, or f.S~6S~HSS_#

Judge Gauntlet --- Flash guard this. smae as hammerfall punish.

Slide Head --- f.S 6S or 5k~2D~FRC~B&B

j.D-- jump into it and flash guard then falling j.K~jc~j.S~j.2S

Counters

Hammerfall - Pot is in a CH state during its duration so if u happen to hit him twice before he hits you, the 2nd hit is a CH. AKA 2S~CH 6S~HSS_#, run in f.S~6S

j.HS- a 6P will beat it only if he is really high.

Slide Head - 3P combo

Anti-airing

Pot in the air is not exactly a go-to strat for most pot players that i've watched...but...when they do...know that just about every move beats out every option bridget has....by beat out, i mean you'll either trade hits (normally not in your favor...but sometimes your forced to settle with this option) or he wins. Pot's j.D clashes with 6S, beats 5P, and (most) times, will beat (or clash) 6P....i think it trades with starship as well..otherwise they'll just clash....most of pot's air stuff will be done via oki.

Basically if he is in the air, he'll throw out normals (s,hs,d) and win. Unless you know for 100% you can nail a high CH 6P, just straight up don't fuck w/. him in the air DON"T ANTI-AIR HIM. Think of it as free time to run away. or IAD back j.S. nothing you have beats his j.D efficiently period.

Zoning

Keep away can be your best friend if u actually do it right...mindless yo yo placements will have you eating pot busters/heat/6HS/etc This isn't #r anymore where you could just throw something and have fun w/ this match. A MIDSCREEN PB~FRC~f.S~2S~HK is 50ish%

f.S and 6S are relatively great go to pokes, however both can be stuffed with pot's 6P.

Pot cant exactly get around roger attacks even while crouching most of the time so definitely abuse those.

Throw the yo yo out and play w/ bears IFF full screen.

Throw it out and leave it HSB. If you are max Hammerfall range.

Bait flick w/ HSBs.

Bait anti-air's w/ IAD yo yo set.

Constantly Bait hammerfall by jc (whiff) or gatlinto a CH 6S

Their game plan

Jump and throw out a random amazing normal to make you land next to him and guess a mix-up.

Oki - Pots game consists of either j.D/j.S (you block) 50/50 mixup or Megafist (again you block) 50/50 mixup...hammerfall (cancel) into PB...*note* starship will trade hits with megafist every time unless pot screws up his timing, in which case, you win....other oki options include - meaty 6HS ~ Slide Head (unless you IB or SB the 6HS, slide head is guaranteed...starship beats out or trades with 6HS ) ..meaty 5k/2s (starship trades but he's knocked down)..or just doing Slide head immediately (backdash/jump/or 3P to avoid it)

Throw Potbuster while guarding every while landing pressure.

Strategy

DONT GET KNOCKED DOWN AND DONT MINDLESSLY RUSH POT WITHOUT A SOLID DEFENSE FROM ROGER...and even then, I wouldnt recommend it unless your absolutely sure your mixup is gonna land. If you can, get pot into a corner and abuse FB roger to lock him down. If he is in the air avoid him.

In any situation where your forced into a 50/50 mixup, if the frames are available, do 3P. 3P shuts out PB and wont get caught by Heat Extend, thus covering any possiblity of a guessing game...if this isnt possible, u can either 1) backdash ....2) just try to guess right or ..3) eliminate the need to guess by trying to poke pot at the earliest possible time...id stray away from that particular choice though

For oki, if you believe pot will try to PB you on wakeup, do a yo yo delayed wake up and 3P him...if he doesnt PB and blocks your 3P, call the yo yo back so that your safe.

Rolling IDOU and taking to the skies is ok to do to create space and kill time/annoy pot...if/when he tries to catch you via his "heavenly potemkin buster" (the overdrive)...if you know he'll reach you....you have 2 choices....1) starship and hope the invul frames save you (if you do it too early, he'll grab thru the starship/the moment its done) or 2) burst...

If the pot player tries to do the heat ~ aegis/slide head loop , 1F jump to get outta it then FD the aegis in the air....starship loses, delayed yo yo get up loses (unless you SB the aegis the moment you get up)...a delayed DAA works but it needs to be done as late as possible. When your in the corner, if pot hasnt created space, you can block the slide head so your forced into a 50/50 most of the time....however you should have enough frames to successfully pull off a 3P.

Char specific details

combo’s

CH2S~2K(whiff) actually connects on Potty, lol.

Unblockables are generally ok to do on Pot given that he's big and all...however know that (depending on the setup), he could just backdash out, or Judge Gauntlet through everything.

3P on reaction to a Slidehead. :thumbu:

Dont rely on starship as a means of avoiding Pot's oki...if anything, you'll get punished harder for trying it.....especially if baited

Delayed yo yo getups are ok 50% of the time....its very situational in this fight. It can make the UB easier on him...=\

Slide head has upper body invul frames in its animation so spamming f.S and 6S could have you eating a OTG combo.

Tick throws arent smart to do for this fight unless you got pot in some really heavy pressure simply b/c if he sees it coming, thats a PB.

Judge Gauntlet... There are a few frames before the super armor activates where you can totally nail his ass for CH. It's hard to do, but it's come up a lot if Pot tries reversal Judge Gauntlet and you get his ass on the first frame.

Ways to force whiff on Slidehead -

1) Jump

2) Roll

3) 3P

4) Punchbear

5) EX Punchbear

6) Backdash

IAD combo - Yes

SJI combo - Yes

KSMH~K on Stand - Normal

Posted Image Robo-Ky

Openers

j.P react is great.

Backdash is great

2P is great

3P is great

Punishes

Block Shoryu- HSS_6, 5K~c.S~(1)~6P~c.S(1)~HS, run in c.S(1)~f.S~2D.

Counters

Horsie - CH 3P, f.S~6S

Robo Dash - CH 2S~6S~B&B

Instant Missle - CH 6S

Anti-airing

Air throw.

I'd recommend a 6P only when they IAD.

Zoning

Their game plan

1) Zone you with far away missile.

2)Zone with 2HS or 6HS

3)Mix-you up

Strategy

1) Do not jump into it and guard. He then has a mix-up from running command grab or robo-dash. You want to run under the missle and air throw.

2) Properly spaceed KSMH~P is great, if not a free f.S~HSS_6

3) All he has is relative to how far away from you he is.

-Close, command grab.

-Out of Command grab range - 5D

Char specific details

combo’s

2D~FRC~5K~2s~ji~6s~sj.S~j.2S~jc.S~j.2S

Delay wake up

If you forward set as oki. When he delays wake up, you get a free HSB, or punch bear, or hug.

Oki

2P is DP safe ><

IAD combo -ok

SJI combo - EASY, heavy as hell

KSMH~K on Stand - normal

His responses to pokes buffered into the forward set are pretty bad until he has tension for level 3/H FRC. Rushing him down at the beginning of the round is much safer than later, but you have to look out for his 6P thrown out in anticipation of a ranged poke (unsafe, but you don't have tension yet either so you can't hurt him all that bad -- the best thing is if you see it whiff that far out, space KSMH->P so that you'll hit him even if he mashes out more hits). He can use 2H in the same way, which is much more dangerous -- especially as he builds meter -- so don't go on autopilot. This is probably the best part of the match though, you have him making hopeless balls-out guesses on when you're going to mash out your pokes that pretty much shut all of his down... it's hard for him to get them right, but if he does, god help you.

I forgot to test it, but I'm pretty sure you get 2P 2D for free if you instant block 2S->mat; maybe even if you normal block it. Actually, I think you might be able to mash 2S of all things in this situation -- when I tried this in matches it was hitting the mat (maybe he was trying to move?) and clashing with 5H.

Because he falls so quickly from 2D, you can't do the same 2P safe meaty setup to bait his reversals that you can against many characters. Any kind of safe meaty against RK is generally difficult with all characters anyway because of his super-fast DP and he can just as well reset the situation by delaying wakeup. Just like Bridget, his delayed wakeup can't be done after OTGs and sometimes can't be done at random after dead angles (I never understood how this glitch worked). Unlike Bridget, his delayed wakeup is butt-ass slow. That's generally a bad thing for him because you can do stuff like set the yo-yo forward, react to the fact that he did it and do super or Roger Rush, but if you autopilot Roger Rush out he can waste tons of the hits and mess with your positioning by delaying wakeup.

Also unlike Bridget, he can reversal after delayed wakeup.

His backdash has above average stats but he does have a pretty big hitbox when he does it (maybe it just feels that way because my most frequent competition plays I-no) so after some knockdowns you can get 6set, Roger Rush, running air combo against reversal backdash a-okay. I don't know what stuff 2K escapes.

He has lots of ways to deal with Starship both as a reversal and as a pressure interrupter, none of which are extremely painful (in my experience... he doesn't have an oh-shit move like May 6P) but generally reset the situation in a best-case scenario. Worst-case scenario is kooky shit like 5D trades hits with it, Robo OTGs with giggly tension move. From further away, don't bother. It won't get you out of standard pressure strats like 6H FRC, bazooka etc.

This matchup feels pretty even.

:thumbu:

--------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image Slayer

Openers

your initiative

j.P react

3P

his openers - your counters

2HS - CH 6S combo, 3P(whiff)

6HS - j.P

BD Mappa - j.P (whiff) or react a 3P CH

dashing throw- j.P

2D - react a 3P

Punishes

lol

BBU- 2D~FRC~B&B

Crosswise heel - 2D~FRC~B&B

DOT - CH 6S, HSS_5, 5S~6S~B&B (hit through him like Bison)

Immortal Wings - HSS, run UNDER him, extended call back combo.

Counters

BBU- Starship~FRC~B&B, 2D~FRC~B&B

Mappa - 3P WOOT LEARN THIS.

IAD HS - j.P~B&B

Dandy - KSMH

Anti-airing

2 things ONLY

Air throw

j.P B&B

Zoning

Slayer can't FD break.

Besides countering him trying go get it offensively.

HS call backz to limit his space. jumping set will make him want to avoid the yo yo and Mappa you. If you ground HSS_6 then they'll generally IAD at you.

Leaving the yo-yo out and extending your combo's that counter his ways to get in for more rolling damages.

Their game plan

Get in. ( Mappa, IAD j.HS)

CH 2HS you.

Strategy

air throw, air throw, air throw

CH 3P his Mappa

CH j.P~B&B his IAD

Run away, roll around high in the air. avoid the corner. Have fun, lol treat this match with the same finess as #R Pot.

This look bare boned but I am just breaking this down into Slayers risk VS reward. And how to zone him and force him into only doing these 2 options. He'll do roughly only these anyways they'll just seem lik better ideas if you zone him properly.

Char specific details

combo’s Tall boy

Flash guard his 6K then you can Starship his c.S

IAD combo - Yes

SJI combo - Not really, really late

KSMH~K on Stand - normal

Posted Image Sol

Openers

his opener your counter

2D- 2D

f.S - 5P~f.S~6S~HSS_#

j.HS~j.P~j.2S~jc~j.S~j.2S

Punishes

VV

guard, Late HSS_6, when he lands you get 5K~c.S(1)~c.S(2)~HS, c.S(1)~6P~c.S(2)~KSMH~P

DO NOT FD VV if you want to really punish his Slash VV.

Grand Viper

2D~FRC~run 5K~6S~B&B

Counters

A full screen zoning gunflame is a free IAD CH j.2S

Rriot stomp is a free CH 6P,6S~B&B.

Bandit Punch is a free CH 6P (high), j.P~j.2S~jc.K~j.S~j.2S

Bandit Kick is a free CH 6P combo, even pressured.

Anti-airing

Air Throw all day long.

If the sol is being "pro" lol and by pro I mean a noob and mindlessly spamming j.HS, just air throw it no biggie.

j.P is ...ok but better than 6p I have found.

Their game plan

Sol can't zone you, period. All he has to do is try to come in on you over and over again.

He'll try and get in so he can mix you up with frame traps from 2S, 2P. He'll either try and nab a CH off the frame trap of a command throw that hurts like fucking mad. His problem is first he has to knock you down.

1) He's in

Pressure special moves over and over again like noob Anji's.

Frame Trap you into a CH 2D~GF~FRC~B&B combo or a Command throw both will kill you.

2) He's out

a)Throw gunflame.

b)do a running 2D to knock you down.

c)jump in w/ HS ( AD, or whatever).

d)FD Brake.

Strategy

Your counter strategy.

1)

Pressures Bandit kick = CH 6P combo

Pressures Bandit punch = CH 6P combo / air throw / 2K whiff throw

Pressures Gunflame = 1F jump out for a free escape.

Pressures Riot Stomp = CH 6P combo

Pressures Grand Viper = CH 2D~FRC~ run 5K~6S~B&B

Generally don't Starship his frame traps. You'll lose.

2)

a)Zoning gunflame = Free IAD j.2S

b)running 2D's= either jump away and make him do an...unplanned reaction to come in so you can then get a f.S or 6P or what not, or Throw a 2D (riskyish to FD braking)

c) j.HS = Air throw, or max range 6P don't use the upper invincibility b/c it'll clash, use the high hitbox itself.

d)Be patient, throw smart pokes, always be aware of "If I threw a f.S or a 2D here could he FD brake whiff and then get a free command grab on my recovery"

Zoning

Falling j.S's (max range) are incredible.

Yo yo extensions are key here. Sol's biggest problem is getting zoned. All he can do is have to fight to get in.

DO NOT USE f.S AS A CRUTCH!

DO NOT COME IN ON HIM!!

Treat the zoning just like Testament. Set the yo yo in front of you and leave it there. Bears are not as good in this fight.

Stand out of your f.S range, set a yo yo forward, and just fucking stand there. Make him come to you. React to all his specials and keep him trying to come in and then getting pushed out. Combo's can end in f.S~6S~HSS_6 all day, frustrate him, why knock him down and have to bait VV all day?

Obviously all IAD's you should 6P on reaction.

Char specific details

Baiting VV. Same as Hos, If you hit a KSMH~P, HSS_6, Roger Rush/ Hug are your best and safest options,

IAD combo - a go go

SJI combo - Hella low

KSMH~K on Stand - Normal

Posted Image Testament

Stats

4.5/5.5 great zoning low damage vs great zoning AMAZING damage. I don't know why this is such a close stat.

Openers

Testament's openers...(how you can counter it)

For an offensive opening

5S...(5S...KSMH P trade hits but knocks him down)

Exe beast (foward version)...(everything will trade hits with this except a well timed dash~starship.....5S just hits him for a CH but you get knocked down, 6S for a CH on both sides [he can tech the wall bounce], KSMH P for a CH on both sides and both are knocked down)

6K, 6HS...(havent actually found one to beat this out yet...maybe 5S?)

2S....(2D)

2HS...(KSMH..Starship trades)

For defensive openings...

214K Counter...(throw, 2P/2K trigger it and block)

2HS...(KSMH)

block..(react)

backwards IAD Dust...(6S for a CH/clash..dependant on your timing)

Basically, he has an answer for EVERYTHING safe

you - him

Backsash - 6K or back beast

jump - 6K

IAD back - 6K

Guarding first move is not a bad idea against Testy.

Punishes

Exe Beast is pretty easy to spot on reaction....IAD BnB if your close enough, otherwise 6S for a CH for either call....for a backwards summon - dash~5K combo works as well.

Random skull summons with 5S, 6S (or if your able to and are close enough, dash~5K combo works as well).

Tree summons - 5S, 6S (if fast enough)

Nets - 5S, 6S (again, if your fast enough, otherwise, just react accordingly)

Badlands - 5S,6S or 2D (note: 2D is more likely to whiff if you FD due to pushback). (2nd note: If you SB the 2nd hit of badlands = 5K BnB combo)

Counter - any low attack, throw, or trigger it using a safe move (either roger/yo-yo call, 2k, 2p) then punish it

Counters

Counters- Ways to nail CHs.

Testament is in a CH state while still in the animation of a summon (tree, net, exe beast, skull)

During a counter - 2K or 2D

Anti-airing

A testament using IAD methods isnt commonly seen (unless combo'ing) but...if he does...then all this applies:

Testament has a fairly huge hitbox so 6S is a little bit more reliable in this match then usual but use it sparingly. 6P only beats j.S, j.P, j.K. it'll usually clash with j.D, and j.HS (at times). 2K will cause bridget to go under stuff except j.HS.

Basically 6P is not a catch all and will lose to his j.D for HUGE damage. I'd recommend j.P him or backdash and GTFO to get avoid his landing pressuer. If you guard j.D from a jump height or down he gest advantage on land. So just like his 2HS, DO NOT MESS WITH IT.

Zoning

HE CANT DEAL WITH PRESSURE VERY WELL

4set and 7 set = :thumbu:

All roger calls are very useful for this match

Yo Yo call backs/razor roger trigger nets and stay active....roger rush/roger get absorbs the hit then goes away.

Zoning in this match is a bunch of set a yoyo out w/ forward set and fucking stand there. Play completely on reaction. I personally enjoy the 6S range not the f.s range. As you can see you can counter a lot of his traps when they are being set. DON'T BLINDLY IAD IN. If he rushes in between you and the yo-yo don't fuck with him. He'll either do 2HS :arg: or Forward Beast. Both beat your f.S BAD. jump back, call the yo yo, then air dash in after he has to guard your yo yo. You can treat him like Sol. Wait him out, you'll win. Another good trick is to (when your standing there, roll~FD~Air Dash real low if you expect a gator. And another is to get farther away than 6S range and just roll and hit him w/ a j.S (it's HUGE)

Their game plan

- Playing keep away via setting out nets/trees

- Spamming Forward Exe beast

- Ending combo's with a skull to add raven pressure

-His mixup FRC S Exe Beast ~ 2K/6P/throw pressure or net on wake up 2K/6P/throw pressure. And in the corner 6K forward beast loop.

Strategy How to counter his strategy

- Playing keep away via setting out nets/trees ( The zoning techniques and punishes/counters are key here)

- Spamming Forward Exe beast( Just straight up don't mess with it. get away from it.) If he lands a non CH trade w/ forward beast and you he will get a free FRC then a 60% life combo that gave him the meter for his Key Super.

- Ending combo's with a skull to add raven pressure( When your skulled ,don't come in. Wait it out. Play VERY safe. It'll only be like 10 seconds and it's not poison so there's no immediate thread of damage just simply run away until it's gone) If you see his overhead bitch 1F jump and FD right there, otherwise he gets an UB for lotsa damage. *Note....if you hit testy right as the raven is fixing to do something, it'll still do the attack so be mindful of when the last time the raven did an attack.

-His mixup FRC S Exe Beast ~ 2K/6P/throw pressure or net on wake up 2K/6P/throw pressure.( Learn to block his 6P CRUCIAL, learn to jump and IB his backwards beast[My Robo-Ky tactics =P] or 1F jump out of beast pressure.) Throws hurt real bad like 35-30% and give him key super...watch out for those but I'd rather be hit by a throw than a 6P. And in the corner 6K forward beast loop.( If you want to get out...lol.) You can SLashback the beast and 6S him, yuo can FD the 6K to create more pushback, and you can throw the loop da loop super. 1F jump works only once your out of 6K range. We're talking IB+FD the 6K and not FD the beast.

Char specific details.

- 6P for testament does indeed have "high" invulernabity frames attach to it now like everyone elses...however its not a very reliable anti air..just know that its still there

- 2HS has invul frames as well in the middle of its animation...although its not terribly huge, it can still make you eat a CH at times

- his 5D animation (leaning backwards) will cause some moves to whiff (5S, 5K, 6S)

- Delayed yo yo get ups arent useful in this match since a testy player can put a net right above you

- Roll canceling - IAD to the opposite side of the screen is useful for setting off trees.

- Running behind roger get will allow roger to absorb a tree if you set it off

- Roger is able to take the hit on any exe beast summon

- If testy sets out poison trees via le key special, you can only trigger them by going over them. For all other traps, nets have to go off manually (any bridget attack, roger, yo yo) or the timer runs out...trees go away if testy is hit/you trigger it/time runs out. You get rid of the skull via hitting testy or running the timer out.

Char specific details

All regular combo's apply in this match and work well against him. Even call back glitch b/c he's so tall while standing and wide while crouching.

IAD combo - Check

SJI combo - Lift,LOW c.S(1)~SJI~f.S~6S~sj.B&B

KSMH~K on Crouch - yes

KSMH~K on Stand - yes

Posted Image Venom

Openers

Punishes

Counters

Anti-airing

Zoning

Their game plan

Strategy

Char specific details

combo’s

IAD combo -

SJI combo -

KSMH~K on Crouch -

KSMH~K on Stand -

Posted Image Zappa

2P for zoing, 2P for oki, 2P baiting, always 2P.

Openers

Punishes

Counters

Anti-airing

Zoning

Their game plan

Strategy

Char specific details

combo’s

IAD combo -

SJI combo -

KSMH~K on Crouch -

KSMH~K on Stand -

Guide to fighitng zappa

This guide is here to help fighting zappa much easier if you ever happen to run across him anywhere, inorder to beat zappa you must understand how he works, in this guide im going to do my best to make it short and simple as possible and lists all the gimmicks I have came across while fighting one of the best zappa’s in our 50 states.

Zappa naked

At the start of the round zappa will look for the most effective way to summon either a sword, dog, or ghosts at random(and I heard based on what time the clock says at a specific moment) based on the character he is fighting.

Things you should know about zappa….

*orbs that circle zappa’s body, when you get hit by various things such as zappa’s summon dp, the dog unblockable attack, sword pullback frametrap, which all give him three, and any ghost toss on hit gives him one. When he has 8 he can summon roah, and things become in his favor considerbly.

*Summon or zappa’s dp, Its pretty invincble and you don’t wanna get hit by this at all. If he happens to hit you with this zappa gets 25% tension, a knockdown, 3 orbs needed for summoning roah, and summoned weapon…he also summons roah this way. When blocking summon stationary you can punish him naturally with 2p>2d. however…when he runs then slides then dp’s its weird on block you don’t get 2p anymore. When this happens throw him, its free.( you can even throw zappa’s dp on startup ^.^)

*godly backdash, quite possibly the best backdash in the game..it easyly backdash callbacks, roger rush, active poking

*2hs ,the big head the ring lady move, dizzy’s bridget fast as heck, if you get hit by this move three times our twice and you get dizzy’ed by something else its round over, zappa’s instant kill is unblockable

*Bridgets 5p will whiff on him his crouch, meaning you can call back>run>5p>whiff>throw.

*zappa can cancel his dust into special moves, like how we can cancel it(bridget 5d) using yo-yo techniques

*zappa run forward animation ducks the world, meaning 6set callback ,razor, punchbear will whiff completely on his run forward animation.f.s also whiffs on his forward run animation.

*VOMIT!!!!omg this move is so good for zappa, it comes out super fast..a good distance in front of him, once it lands on the ground and your not blocking low u are staggered for a free combo, if you happened to block this move…its as though your frozen in guarding animation, he gets a free mix-up if you decide to block this. And if you’re a character that lacks a decent j.hs or chip’s j.dust you will get air thrown(into a summon and 3 orbs) by good zappa players for trying to avoid this in range for an airthrow..airthrows are breakable.If you try and air dash in on him you will likely get hit by vomit while airborn or be anti-aired.

*Bridgets 2p vs zappa, In the match-up thread it says to 2p everything, zappa can summon over your 2p as well as do 5k which hops over it and hits you on counter.However it’s a very useful attack to knock off any summon he may have when theres an opening.

*If zappa ever has full tension, and the player is good, there is a combo he gets off a low starter, that gives him 8 orbs in one go through, the combo ends with you getting roah dp’ed against the wall for destruction.

* he has low health but its not quite as low as yours(bridget’s) though ^.^

*after each time you knockdown zappa, at random may automatically be given a summon so pressure on his wake-up is guranteed without interuption at random times…meaty 5k works good as well.

*naked- AA w/ 6P. Zappa has no non cross-up normal that beats Bridget 6P.

Sword summon

Things you should know….

*The sword is one big fat gimmick, do not fear it.

* Bridget’s pokes, (f.s,2s,2p.2d) will beat out any sword swipe zappa does except for his dp, 236+s a move where zappa thrusts forward toward you on the ground while zappa himself is gliding with his body attached away from the tip. This move beats everything, jump outs and your attacks, its active the whole slide through so expect zappa do use it if he ever covers the distance to use this.

*Sword dick or 236+s then hs, after this move everything is a gimmick, and lucky for you…you have the range to punish any action afterward…so the gimmick is after sword dick(nick-named by jais) there’s a frame trap follow-up where he snags the sword right back toward himself…if you tried to jump or attack or anything this move will hit you giving him 3 orbs and a knockdown. However, if this is block it’s so insanely unsafe, and u get a free 6s standing right where you blocked it at. Into a knockdown, and sometimes a 6s>hs>f.s>6s>bnb combo depending on the situation. Lucky us ^.^ there’s a few characters who do not have the range or speed to punish this move like we do…example may,

*Sword 236+S into anything else, you can interrupt his other attacks with 2s for a counter combo each time. ^.^

* Sword while blocking(mix-ups), there’s a few mix-ups to watch for zappa has an overhead where its overhead, then low…you can tell zappa is ready to do this by paying close to zappa himself, when he stands straight up..go to block high..he standing straight up before the attack actually comes out..so you have enough time to react to it after blocking any part of the sword you free to go pretty much. U could stop his next move with f.s if you choose.

* Want not to do, Don’t not for any reason jump naked(without your buddy roger) at zappa when he has the sword even when he has the life lead, the sword has incredibly good anti-air’s that all hurt.

* zappa approaching you when your running away, zappa has a jump mid-air sword spinning move that clears the whole screen, its horribly unsafe on block however, its made safe when rc’ing of course. It will rip right through any attack you try to do while he’s performing the move on his way over to you, if your running all around its an easy way for him to lock you down. Razor bear will prevent him from reaching you if you put it in front of you.

Ghost

I would say the most problematic summon to deal with before roah, ghost limits your movement through the air and things.

* the ghost do very little damage, once fired and whiffed they take a good while for them to come back to zappa, theres an overhead hitting you the number based on the amount of ghost he has and zappa stands straight up to do this,

* Zappa full screen will want to land a ghost on you, when a ghost is on you, you are considered cursed. When curse things like bannanas and marbles will make you trip while moving around and stun you.

* Ghost toss = free CH 6S>HSS_4,f.S>6S

* in order to curse you, making it easier for zappa to approach you. He will shoot a toss either upward(p toss) or forward (k toss), once hit by either you give him one orb and you are cursed. However, lucky for us (bridget players)…a naked p toss is punishable by 6s on reaction, here’s something to remember whenever zappa extends his body straight up he is grounds to be punished by 6s, this enables most characters to instant air combo him…but this allows us to 6s punish into a combo/knockdown or combo. P toss however is frc able.

* zappas will be scared to fire a k toss(ghost directly infront of you due to your movement capabilities,)m him fire a k toss and whiffing entirely leaves him vunerable.the lagg from a forward toss is too great for him to be able to air throw your fd rolling unless he frc’s it.

* if ever hit by a ghost into a knockdown, there is a meaty ghost jump cross mix-up on your wake-up that you cannot interupt each time your hit you get knockdown in the same spot you got up from allowing him to do it over and over. However, you can throw off the timing with you delayed wake-up.

* really annoying thing about zappa ghost, execpt for how hard it can be to get to zappa, is if you are pressured in the corner his blockstrings seem to go on and on forever. The pressure reset’s and its very hard to get out. Once the guard gauge is cranked up watch for a mix-up ^.^ like his sneaky dust.

Dog

The easiest summon to deal with due to bridgets movement options. The dog limits the space you have on the ground to zone, the dog is only killable once he is activated to attack(like carl from blazblue and nirvanna)

*Do not jump in on Zappa w/ dog. He will essentially AA alpha counter you with blocking and backflip dog.

*razor bear over the dog forces a stalemate ending in Snooze, yay or death of the dog. It's really good.

* Zappa's block LOTS w/ dog to let dog attack when Zappa is blocking. Throwing Zappa when dog is out is crucial.

* 2p spam on top the dog, will make it impossible for zappa to use the dog as a rush in tactic…

* the dog itself has an unblockable attack, where he opens his mouth up wide and bites. It takes a while for it to actually come out, but if you get it by It you take damage, get knockdown, and give zappa three more orbs for summon roah.

* a dizzy reset loop that naturally combos consisting of his 2hs big head move, and the dog being used to reset it.

* watch out for zappa rushing behind the dog allowing you to kill, and attack your recovery period for free..if you were hit a few times and then zappa used the dog as a shield and hit you with 2hs the big head, you may die.Again Zappa's instant kill is unblockable.

*pressure, theres a bit of corner reset pressure while your trap against the wall however rolling fd gets you far away from it when theres an opening..

Roah

* the god is here, at this point in the match you are at and extreme disadvantage but all hope is not lost. Remember to never jump when roah is close. Your setting yourself up for his all mighty dp which almost reaches the top of the screen…and it takes almost 50% Tension to fd this successfully in the air. Also he can throw an orb toward the area above if your against the corner forcing you to be suspended in air for him to run up and dp you.

* If zappa summons roah far away he is easy to zone with a yo-yo back set or 6 set….at this point they will either rush in dp, rc if blocked or…create an energy orb to [/b]cover space to get in easier…if he does a naked energy orb it is 6s punishable on reaction before the orb comes out…he can also fake orb throw but at a far distance he gets nuthin really for it.

* when blocking roah, he will either do a low into orb(orb does so much on chip on block) frame trap in your face…or a low into his dust…for his dust you will know he’s doing it because his frame stands straight up before the actually attack hits…he can then cancel it only into his special moves. Which is unsafe due to dust pushback on block.

* if roah has tension, his overdrive takes off a huge chunk of life on block, almost forcing you to fd and use up the rest of your tension to keep your small amount of health.

* roah is out for 16 secs. I have out beaten roah a few times so is it possible.

* Zappa can get roah automatically, through by land a low into a combo that grants him all his orbs at once….ending with you being dp’ed against the wall. Though at the end he needs 8 orbs, and the state to become naked again to summon him out

Regarding the ABA strats, be really careful with moving after 2K. It's +1, but it has almost no pushback and it's actually extremely hard to space the 2K, 2K poke string to be throw-safe. Unless it's changed since Slash, Bridget can buffer the first hit of j.D into Starship, which whiffs completely on ABA. The first hit of j.D knocks down. This is good to know if you manage to get an opportunity to do crossup j.D on her wakeup in moroha mode. Some info on I-no, it's disorganized but I can put it into the standardized format you have here if you don't want to go through the trouble: At the start of the round: Any connected 6P on I-no's part can be canceled into 2H (whiff) and she has enough time to do meaty note. Her 6P and Stroke (S version) beat Bridget's far S. Her Stroke (S version) beats Bridget's 2S. 6P can either beat or clash with 2S, depending on her timing. Chemical Love will beat or trade with 2S. All notes for I-no's 5K listed below seem to apply at the start of the round. Footsie (moves are assumed to be done at the same time, within range, unless noted otherwise): I-no's 6P beats all grounded punch attacks, beats 5S(f) even if done pretty late, has completely distance-dependent success against 2S (I-no wins close, far away they clash, further still I-no loses), loses to all grounded kicks and 2D. I-no's 5K from far away trades with far S, beats 2S with very lenient timing unless a little over two character-lengths away, trades with 2P, trades with 5K, is crouched under by 2K, seems to generally beat 2D, loses to 5P. These are all for distances where the 5K whiffs if Bridget does nothing. 5K beats Stroke and crouches under Chemical Love. 5P is probably the best normal to stuff the beginning of a dash attempt, since it's safe from Stroke. Even extremely early 5K usually loses to j.K and j.S if she's dashing from about her 2H range (which is common re-dash spacing). 6S can counterhit Chemical Love and TK note from really far away. Grounded note can be counterhit by 6S from the maximum range of Bridget's far 5S. This can be done on reaction, but the note will still come out if you delay it. If you're too slow, the note will hit you during the 6S' hitstop. Sometimes you can jump cancel and block first. Character specifics: I-no cannot duck Bridget's 5P.

XD Finished I-no. Thanks a bunch! It seems when someone post stuff up it inspires me to finish that character (*hint *hint *hint) I will gladly modify I-No's if anybody has anything more. None of these are ever completely finished.