Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jais

[AC] Bridget Match-Ups FAQ

fuujin~K can just be 2K'ed into ground combo on reaction. oh, and KSMH~P doesn't knockdown in the corner versus jam and eddie, no matter how you space it (starting in the corner mind you) and an iad string into land, 2K-S©... the S© will whiff on slayer, and a few others (can't remember at the moment, don't have ac handy so anyone want to varify?)

and an iad string into land, 2K-S©... the S© will whiff on slayer, and a few others (can't remember at the moment, don't have ac handy so anyone want to varify?)

I think this happens against:

Axl

Slayer

Jam

Venom

Millia

oh yeah, and bridget can iad combo everyone but baiken, may, faust, and zappa. Chipp needs to already be in hitstun to be iad comboed though. For may, there just isn't a way to iad combo after a yoyo pull. Nothing will hit her fast enough, but standalone it can be used (iad.P-K-S or P-P-2S... a tiny delay after the first P on the second string).

Punishes

Slashback any hit of rekka for 5K~2D~FRC~5K~6S~B&B

Slashback second hit of FB shoryu and get CH 6S~HSS_#, f.S~6S

I would suggest some alternate punishes here, mostly because none of these get you a knockdown. After you SB the rekka, I would just do 5K~2D, and then pressure. Alternatively, you could do 5K~2D~FRC, then 5set, HSB, and do the jump back glitch UB setup for another knockdown (once again, DO NOT B&B off of UBs against A.B.A.. Just let her fall and die).

You don't have to SB the 2nd hit FB Danzai to punish it. She loses her hyper armor after hit 1, so you can do 5P~2D in between the hits if you're close enough. Also, once again I would simply 2D after a SB'd 2nd hit, as her hitbox is huge at this point and you can do it from pretty much anywhere.

I fight A.B.A. more than I fight any other character, and have learned quickly that knockdowns > damage in that fight. Get that IK, bitches...it's way easier than actually trying to kill her.

Wow, formal apology time. Blitz, I apologize, I was unintentionally rude when appending "apparently you can 2K". I haven't tested it, and was trusting your opinion. It was put down way wrong. Your a respected Buri and I gladly appreciate all the help you have and will give to the forum/community.

i pretty much play the baiken match the most in my area so ill try to give as much imput as i can about the match. Do feel free to comment on anything i said (right, wrong, dumb, etc, criticism is always good so long as its in good spirits :toot: ).

Openers- their usual opening moves and how to counter win by first move.

Openers ive seen baiken use include: 5S, J.D, J.S, backwards IAD tatami, 63214K (invul dash), backdash

Bridget's f.S will trade hits with baiken's 5S...so will KSMH P. A delayed f.S will catch baiken during a backdash. 6S will beat out/clash with J.D and J.S. 6S will also catch baiken before the IAD tatami comes out for a CH wall bounce.

Punishes- Ways to punish their unsafe moves.

For a blocked P counter, f.S 2D. For S counter, f.S or 2D. Unless your close, the pushback wont allow for both hits to connect. if the S counter is FRC'd, its SAFE, dont try to punish her cause she has frame advantage. Also (this needs testing), a 2k very close to baiken will cause the S counter to go over bridget if properly timed. For the superman counter, Backwards IAD j.S will smack baiken for a CH. 6P causes it to either whiff or clash if she goes right over you. 2K will sometimes make it go over you as well (pending based on distance from her)...if your 3/4 across the screen, you'll beat her out with a 6P. 6S is NOT a reliable anti counter imo against that counter. For K counter, throw her when she stops or k,f.S, 2D if you react fast enough.

Punish tatami with f.S or 2D up close. Tatami is safe for her if she does it at max range and u dont either IB/SB it.

Punish air 623S with the 6P B&B combo.

Punish 63214K (invul dash) with a low attack or throw.

Counters- Ways to nail CHs.

Overall, you wont really be CH'ing baiken very often...but....ways you could....for her S super, SB the final hit and f.s 2D her. if she does the FB counter super, if u block both hits, dash and 6K (CH) B&B DURING the time when the screen is black. 6P 90% of the time will beat out j.HS (due to the timing of when bridget throws out 6P). SB S counter, dash 6K combo.

Anti airing- PROPER anti-airing, 6P is not a catch all.

For this particular match, 6P actually stops just about everything Baiken can do from an IAD/ariel perspective. 6P will clash with baiken's 623S. For a baiken trying to spam j.HS, 6P will either clash or beat it out unless you start it too late, then baiken wins the CH. IAD tatami...nothing bridget has will beat it out so dont try. You have to hit her before the door hits you...generally 6S works better for countering it vs 6P. For the superman counter, 6P will usually only cause it to whiff. if your 3/4 across the screen away from her when she does it, 6P can catch her coming down for the CH. Again, i personally wouldnt rely on 6S for stopping that counter. Starship will clash with j.S and j.HS , tatami and 623S(?--needs more testing) beats starship, and starship beats out j,P, j.K.

Zoning- What character shave a hard time dealing with.

Zoning to bait something is your only chance at winning in this matchup, since baiken can easily get out any and all situations bridget can put her in with relative ease. f.S is not a reliable poking tool, since the superman counter will CH you. Your best bet is to actually stay in baiken's face, use alot of roger/yo yo pressure to bait counters out and punish accordingly . For non yo-yo attacks ~ 2P , 2K and JC attacks work the best.

Roger Hug, Roger Rush, and yo yo call backs are your best attacks to use. A well used FB razor roger is also a decent move to sometimes incorporate if u need something to use your tension for.

Their game plan- Enemy strats.

Use counters to get out of pressure, IAD tatami's, J.hs lockdown, getting big dmg off of just about every option available, wait for you to make the 1st mistake, tick throw in the corner to get an easy 10-15% off of bridget, guard building pressure, getting a knockdown via j.D combos ~ IAD tatami pressure.

Strategy-Your strats.

BE PATIENT. Rely on roger/yo yo gimmicks to be the main bases of putting pressure on her and bait something out to punish. Tick throws = $$$$ (*note* you can throw her out of the S counter before it shoots out). Learn to realize that she tends to be safe after alot of her moves so try to punish the obvious, and for everything else, learn to just block it and wait for an opening. DONT get ansy and panic cause she causes your guard gague to flash in 5-6 hits. You do = she wins. also....truth be told, FB roger rush is a waste of tension (overall) in this match, dont bother. No smart baiken is gonna react to that move with the S counter for obvious reasons. :vbang: Starship on wakeup = NO. Learn to block the oki rather than relying on starship invul frames. Starship actually trades hits with alot of baiken's junk , so be wary of that (it definately trade hits with baiken's 6K). A well timed starship will also trade hits or beat out Baiken's 3 slash super if baited out.

Char specific details. examples

combo’s

2D FRC 5K, 6S B&B takes a huge chunk of dmg for 25% tension (only end with starship if extremely close during the 2D FRC)

All other usual combos seem to work well on her but combo's will mostly end in yo yo sets vs starship ender.

IAD combo - Check or not

CH 6S IAD j.S, j.2S starship wont fully connect. Most of the time, Baiken is popped up too high for j.2S will whiff

SJI combo - Lift, c.S(1)~SJI~f.S~6S~sj.B&B

I dont believe the combo works but id have to check

KSMH~K on Crouch - details

(no response)

KSMH~K on Stand - details

(no response)

I don't know if it was just how I was playing last time but I had a lot of trouble reliably beating I-no's Stroke with 5K last time I played. It may be too timing-intensive to be practical.

^2K works.

Yeah, I know, it's just that it scales damage like fucking crazy. I want a better counter to Stroke, I'm greedy.

LH621 - Good shit. You had that to about 90% of perfection. I mean that very appreciative. You know that match-up well. Only differences I can add change ( I figured I'd tell ya so you can know)

UB that whore, all day.

I use roger rush so I can air throw aohrun back into Roger.

Her slashing super you can Flash block the second hit and starship the third.

If she pressures a 6P, you pretty much want to guard high b/c it doesn't gatlin to any lows and all she can so is special cancel and jump cancel AKA instant yo-zonsein

Starship~FRC~B&B you have to SJI th e6S or the last j.2S whiffs.

ZONE, I personally use razor bear and call backs. ( heh well try to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnDAYsAzsvw)

Rush bear will cancel hits w/ mat and then she is CH open.

Thanks lots!!

EDIT:

Baiken up.

More A.B.A. stuff I forgot about that I probably should have posted earlier: You can do 2K~2P on her wakeup, and if she FBs you still recover fast enough to block it and knock her down. If she doesn't, continue to pressure as normal. Watch out for her DAA when pressuring. It wallbounces on CH, leading to all of your life disappearing. You can bait it with 2Ps and sweep her once it whiffs. As with everything else in this match, just be fucking careful, cuz it hurts too much if you're not.

Protip: I-No 5S(f) was changed in ^C. It has slower startup and cannot be cancelled, so 5S(f), 2HS (whiff) isn't possible. Nor is there any reason to be afraid of 5S(f) as a first move. Get your info updated, noob.

I HATE fighting Venom. Gawd I do. Here's what I was able to figure out, tho. 3P whenever you think he's gonna poke at you. It beats 2S and f.S clean, especially first move, altho for some reason, it doesn't CH his 2S. Wierd. Don't be too predictable with it, tho, cuz if he thinks your gonna do it, he can CH 6H you. Then you'll prolly die. His new 6P messes things up for you, really bad. Whereas before when you could pretty much jump all over him, now that option is closed, and it fucking hurts. DO NOT delayed getup against him unless he Dark Angels right away, which a smart Venom won't do. It gives him a chance to charge his stinger aim/carcass raid, which makes for fun times blocking when you do get up. Try like hell to stay at either full screen, where you can dodge his flying balls (:keke: ), or all up in his face. Seriously, these are the only 2 good places I can think of to be in, and being full screen is only sorta okay. I did have some success doing 7set and waiting for it to get behind him before I tried to advance, tho. Which reminds me, if you MAMKM while the 7 set is moving, it keeps moving during the screen freeze. Kinda cool, but prolly worthless overall. Basically, get in his face and try to stay there, which is why I would recommend staying away from 2D~FRC~B&B and simply going for KSMH knockdown combos. Wouldn't want him getting a chance to tech away from you safely. That's all I've got for now, I'm fucking tired. Thanks again Jais for the advice, as it really helped despite what the results say.

Also adding on the Venom fight, if you get in his block string in the corner where venom does 2S, 412K(or P,S,HS,D...aka dubious curve(?)), you have to IB/SB somewhere in there to get out. LEARN WHERE TO BURST....sounds like common sense, but for this fight, it really is important. Venom's 2D will cause a burst to whiff :vbang: Frank basically covered everything else. I had just as much, if not , more problems with this fight yesterday than Frank did. :?: P.S I'll try to get around to doing a Pot/Testy write up with everything i know about those matchups tonight.

sorry in advance for the double post but.....:TE: write-up.

Openers- their usual opening moves and how to counter win by first move.

Testament's openers...(how you can counter it)

For an offensive opening

5S...(5S...KSMH P trade hits but knocks him down)

Exe beast (foward version)...(everything will trade hits with this except a well timed dash~starship.....5S just hits him for a CH but you get knocked down, 6S for a CH on both sides [he can tech the wall bounce], KSMH P for a CH on both sides and both are knocked down)

6K, 6HS...(havent actually found one to beat this out yet...maybe 5S?)

2S....(2D)

2HS...(KSMH..Starship trades)

For defensive openings...

214K Counter...(throw, 2P/2K trigger it and block)

2HS...(KSMH)

block..(react)

backwards IAD Dust...(6S for a CH/clash..dependant on your timing)

Punishes- Ways to punish their unsafe moves.

Exe Beast is pretty easy to spot on reaction....IAD BnB if your close enough, otherwise 6S for a CH for either call....for a backwards summon - dash~5K combo works as well. Punish random skull summons with 5S, 6S (or if your able to and are close enough, dash~5K combo works as well).

Tree summons - 5S, 6S (if fast enough)

Nets - 5S, 6S (again, if your fast enough, otherwise, just react accordingly)

Badlands - 5S,6S or 2D (note: 2D is more likely to whiff if you FD due to pushback). (2nd note: If you SB the 2nd hit of badlands = 5K BnB combo)

Counter - any low attack, throw, or trigger it using a safe move (either roger/yo-yo call, 2k, 2p) then punish it

Counters- Ways to nail CHs.

Testament is in a CH state while still in the animation of a summon (tree, net, exe beast, skull)

During a counter - 2K or 2D

Anti airing- PROPER anti-airing, 6P is not a catch all.

A testament using IAD methods isnt commonly seen (unless combo'ing) but...if he does...then all this applies:

Testament has a fairly huge hitbox so 6S is a little bit more reliable in this match then usual but use it sparingly. 6P only beats j.S, j.P, j.K. it'll usually clash with j.D, and j.HS (at times). 2K will cause bridget to go under stuff except j.HS.

Zoning- What character shave a hard time dealing with.

HE CANT DEAL WITH PRESSURE VERY WELL

4set and 7 set = :thumbu:

All roger calls are very useful for this match

Yo Yo call backs/razor roger trigger nets and stay active....roger rush/roger get absorbs the hit then goes away.

Their game plan- Enemy strats.

- Playing keep away via setting out nets/trees

- Spamming Exe beast when under enough cover from nets/trees

- Landing a skull to add raven pressure

- Ending combo's with either 2D~skull (if close enough) or Badlands

- Using badlands to get their specials in

- FRC S Exe Beast ~ 2K/6P/throw pressure

- his 5D animation (leaning backwards) will cause some moves to whiff (5S, 5K, 6S)

Strategy-Your strats.

- Take to the skies...testament's only "true" counter to this is proper net placement...which u can just block while coming down.

- Roll canceling - IAD to the opposite side of the screen is useful for setting off trees.

- Pressure testament as early as possible.

- Running behind roger get will allow roger to absorb a tree if you set it off

- Roger is able to take the hit on any exe beast summon

- If testy sets out poison trees via le key special, you can only trigger them by going over them. For all other traps, nets have to go off manually (any bridget attack, roger, yo yo) or the timer runs out...trees go away if testy is hit/you trigger it/time runs out. You get rid of the skull via hitting testy or running the timer out.

- when dealing with the raven pressure, know what the raven's patterns are since i believe they attack in a set order. Testy's ho showing up = the raven slowly moves straight to you...she spawns and attacks at the point where you were standing when she begins the animation of moving towards you. (note - testy's ho showing up = OVERHEAD) For all other raven attacks, just block it or avoid it via roll canceling. Note....if you hit testy right as the raven is fixing to do something, it'll still do the attack so be mindful of when the last time the raven did an attack.

- Learn (as best as possible) to read when testy does 6P or 2K when being pressured by him since its his biggest mixup tool

- Delayed yo yo get ups arent useful in this match since a testy player can put a net right above you

- Feel free to use FB roger rush in the corner.

Char specific details.

- 6P for testament does indeed have "high" invulernabity frames attach to it now like everyone elses...however its not a very reliable anti air..just know that its still there

- 2HS has invul frames as well in the middle of its animation...although its not terribly huge, it can still make you eat a CH at times

examples combo’s:

All regular combo's apply in this match and work well against him.

IAD combo - Check

SJI combo - Lift, c.S(1)~SJI~f.S~6S~sj.B&B (works)

KSMH~K on Crouch - yes

KSMH~K on Stand - yes

I think you might have understated just how dangerous 2H is for Bridget, it beats a ton of Bridget's conventional poking (read: far 5S, 2S from two or three character-lengths away) and can completely turn the tide of the match if it connects even once. 3P can beat 2H, but it's dangerous because it loses to so many of Testament's other moves. You can stuff it with a late 2P, so doing running 5P~2P as a poke is useful in semi-neutral situations (i.e, Testament has just recently been let out of blockstun and no one has necessarily established advantage yet). I don't want to write much about Testament though because I haven't played against him enough and that retarded forward XE beast changes absolutely everything.

Damn son, again...There is only like 3 lil things for em to add. Thanks a lot. I am real pissed at this b/c I did Potty day before yesterday and it didn't update. =\

Testy Updated. I am so impressed w/ this Testy write up. EVERYBODY LEARN THIS I am begging you.

Yeah after i read back on the write up, i did probably understated everything about 2HS. It wasnt intentional, i just personally dont deal with that move as often as i should, so i didnt put much emphasis on it. The only other character write-ups i could possibly do is Potemkin and Faust....maybe touch on Jam and Johnny since i have some experience with those fights. If the week works out right, i could also do a full Venom write-up since i might possibly drive 2hrs to where Mr. Titan44 lives and figure out what to do :vbang: edit: Whats the stat with the Bridget/testament fight? Just outta curiosity...

Faust up. Buri vs Testy is 4.5/5.5 iono why his damage and 6K are retarded and it's an S tier vs D tier... I don't agree at all.

... don't you mean, the "things to avoid while playing against bridget as faust" advice? nyuk nyuk nyuk! PS: jais! i did post a little about jam, though not in that particular format, but go ahead and extract any information you can from my post about it. (i <3 2S in this match!)

hey guys any tips on how to fight order sol? his starship and 6p loses to order's jump HS. In AC its hard to airthrow it when you are being pressured, sometimes he will rather throw the yoyo that will lead into a CH. Some pokes loses to rock it! :vbang: tnx!