shtkn

The "Picking a Main" thread

I'm trying I pick a main for AC+R that's also in Xrd. I'm completely new to GG and somewhat new to FGs (I only play usf4 right now) any ideas? If it helps I main Yang in sf4

I tried slayer and I don't get how to utilize his normals in the game and his specials in combos. Do I just need to keep messing around with him?

Phone post

If execution is not a problem I recommend I-NO, since Dizzy looks like a no go (wtf ArcSys)

hmm high execution is probably not the best for me right now lol. I'll still check her out I haven't messed around with ino much

What about Ky and Chipp?

Phone post

Ky is a great character for beginners. He got a solid toolset overall. The problem is that he's pretty hard to actually win with, you need a very strong pressure/frame trap game to make him work.

Chipp on the other hand is harder to use that Ky, but he's arguably the best character in the game. His normals are great, his mobility is great, he can do good damage, his mixup is amazing, he has a solid reversal... Literally everything you would expect out of an S-tier character.

Can someone describe I-NO as a character for me? I'd like to use her in Xrd, but I'm not quite sure what kind of tools she has and what they do.

Can someone describe I-NO as a character for me? I'd like to use her in Xrd, but I'm not quite sure what kind of tools she has and what they do.

I-No is a highly mobile rushdown/mixup character. Her entire gameplan revolves around scoring a knockdown, placing a note on them and doing a high/low into another knockdown. Her normals aren't that great but she has a few specials that are ridiculous such as Sroke the Big Tree (low profiles, counter hits and launches). Her unique upward Ground dash allows for easy empty jumps and overheads. Think of her as a slightly less agressive Millia with more zoning tools.

I-NO is literally a flying 50/50. She is great at getting knockdowns into high/low/throw shenanigans. Imo the best momentum based character in the game, she can knock down opponents from across the screen with horizontal Chemical Love, and follow up with a controllable projectile that provides enough blockstun for her to dash in from full screen and mix up.

Sadly though, she has low health and a pathetic dizzy modifier. She also has suspect normals. On the positive side, her vortex is insane and due to the nature of her ground dash, she is awesome for burst throws. Plus she has (arguably)two of the most annoying supers in the game, capable, of turning momentum instantly in her favor.

For more beginner friendly types, I would choose Anji, Sol, Millia, Testament, Ky, or Jam.

She sounds like my type. Execution won't be a problem, but could you elaborate more on momentum?

Basically, when you're on offense, it's VERY difficult for others to get away (especially in the corner). If the opponent has no DP, it's much worse. I-NO is one of THOSE characters where blocking her is the wrong option.

On the flip side, if you get pressured, you will be blocking. A LOT. Her safest and best ways to mount offense start at about half a screen away. Because of this, coupled with her climb-like dash, neutral is a bit tricky. And in bad matchups, your weaknesses (low health, below average normals, REALLY bad dizzy modifier) are multiplied. You always want your opponent on the defensive. It can be hell against characters with good neutral.

Characters like Dizzy, Slayer, Zappa, Faust, and May are nightmares.

Is Chipp still very character oriented when it comes to combos for Xrd? Trying to find a main in AC+R that's in Xrd and having to learn combos for every character seems to not be a good idea for a new player

Phone post

Is Chipp still very character oriented when it comes to combos for Xrd? Trying to find a main in AC+R that's in Xrd and having to learn combos for every character seems to not be a good idea for a new player

Phone post

Character specific combos are staple in ArcSys games.  I'm sorry, but you gotta go through the motions....

Character specific combos are staple in ArcSys games. I'm sorry, but you gotta go through the motions....

damn lol. Ah well I'll get used to it then

Looks like I'll be having Chipp as my main since everyone has character specific combos

Phone post

damn lol. Ah well I'll get used to it then

Looks like I'll be having Chipp as my main since everyone has character specific combos

Phone post

Don't take it too hard. You could do a lot worse than Chipp.

Hello people I am trying to find a new main for BBCP who fits me since well Terumi is not working out. After watch my matches and looking at my looking at how I play other games I seem to play really safe,cautious,and keep my distance from opponents. From my knowledge Nu might come to mind but I just wanna hear what other people have to say first.

Edit: You know what I think I might have decided on Nu.

Hey fellas. Brand new to the forums and only been playing BB for a few days now. The only somewhat serious FG experience I have is from Injustice, and while it is a decent enough game, very few things translate to more "serious" fighters.

My question isn't so much which character is for me, but more about the process of actually picking.

Since I'm obviously dogshit at the game, I'm curious as to if I should let execution barriers have an impact on what character I pick.

Right now I'm sort of looking at Bullet, Hazama, Relius and Valk. From what little I've played and from everything I've read Bullet is the simplest characters in terms of execution. Should that make her my choice by default? Is the opposite true and picking an easier character will make develop bad habits in the long run? Thoughts?

Hey fellas. Brand new to the forums and only been playing BB for a few days now. The only somewhat serious FG experience I have is from Injustice, and while it is a decent enough game, very few things translate to more "serious" fighters.

My question isn't so much which character is for me, but more about the process of actually picking.

Since I'm obviously dogshit at the game, I'm curious as to if I should let execution barriers have an impact on what character I pick.

Right now I'm sort of looking at Bullet, Hazama, Relius and Valk. From what little I've played and from everything I've read Bullet is the simplest characters in terms of execution. Should that make her my choice by default? Is the opposite true and picking an easier character will make develop bad habits in the long run? Thoughts?

It's true that execution is like a "wall" for new players, but rather than just execution, ask yourself what features are you looking for in a character: Like speed, damage, range, mixups, pressure, risk and reward.

There are times where even the character itself (appereance and personality) is a factor.

I hear you. I value and enjoy mixups, decent damage and flexibility/options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bullet and Relius are more about pressure than mixups. Hazama has everything: pressure, mixups and range. Valkenhayn has the better mixups, but his execution is kinda hard, and you gotta be patient with him, but once you're in they're gonna cry.

Alright. Honestly, after having spent the night messing with valk I kind of feel that he would be my no brainer choice if it wasn't for the execution barrier. In terms of how he plays he just clicks more than say hazama. The fact that the valk forum has a rather extensive guide is also huge pro. Not much of a community in Sweden so stuff like that is very valuable. Not made my choice for sure yet, but I might just say fuck it, play valk and try to power through any execution frustrations. If only the game didn't have such a cool cast. Anyways man, thanks a ton for taking the time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi, I've recently met up with a group of people I'll be going to school with, and apparently a lot of them play anime fighters.  I've played other fighting games, but this subgenre is new to me.  They play a variety of games, and apparently a bunch of new ones are coming out soon.  So I've come to ask for help in picking mains in several games.  Given how large the rosters are, and that all the games are new to me, I kind of just want people's opinions on good starting points.

When I look for a character, I typically prioritize good normals (good pokes at range, reasonably strong up close) and safe pressure.  I tend to prefer pressure based characters, frametraps and throws, over high/low characters.  So long as a character has enough high/low to make the foe uncomfortable with blocking indefinitely, they're fine by me.  Defensive options are nice, but not a dealbreaker, unless the character's defense is so bad it makes them garbage.  I need my character to have at least average mobility compared to the rest of the cast.  This probably rules out the grapplers in these game from what I've seen.

For an example of character I've played before, I really enjoyed John Talbain in Darkstalkers.

I'm looking for a character in Blazblue, Guilty Gear (prefer a character who will be in Xrd), Persona Ultimax, and that Under Night thing.  Thanks for any help.

Hey guys, I'm having trouble picking a main in UNIB, my type of gameplay could be described as a havey mix-up / command grab one. My mains in other games are Potemkin/May, Abel (SF), Kagura/Bullet/Jin. Any tips on a character that could be, execution is not a problem since I enjoy my lab time. Thanks !

Hey guys, I'm having trouble picking a main in UNIB, my type of gameplay could be described as a havey mix-up / command grab one. My mains in other games are Potemkin/May, Abel (SF), Kagura/Bullet/Jin. Any tips on a character that could be, execution is not a problem since I enjoy my lab time. Thanks !

Waldstein would come to mind. If you like command grabs, or grapplers in particualr and enjoy Abel, Potemkin and Bullet, then you should give Waldstein a try. 

Strong grappler, huge range, great damage. 

So I have been play bbcp for about a week now. I originally wanted to play litchi when I started. I played her challenges and got to 26, minus the combo ones, in about 2 hrs. I tried out azreal next, although I love azreals DMG, sounds, combos, I cannot stand his execution timings, his teleport flash, so then I tried out noel, she was fun her combos where easy but didn't really

click, next I tried terumi. Iove him, but he's extremely predictable (low block, unless they jump, and watch for CG) after that I Checked out mu , found her boring, v13 seems cool, although I feel dirty when I play her. Next I looked at hazama, don't like relaying on constant gimmicks. I donno I'm lost...I get on and pretty much just watch replays now. I played akuma,chin li, ibuki sf4, mvc3 I liked x-32 Vergil zero wolverine Dante, back in soul caliber days I liked ivy, mortal kombat days scorpeon, xmen vs capcom gambit. Marvel vs capcom wolverine, tekken days the dude with the nunchucks and hworang. So ya there ya go I just can't seem to "click" with anybody.