Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kasou

Official: Chipp General Questions Thread

switch to jam, keep losing, and run out of excuses. but nevertheless: 1. chipp needs char specific and very hard stuff to survive 2. less health, less average damage 3. not too good mixup / oki compare that to chars with easy mode knockdown combos & 50/50 mixup, it just doesn't feel right.

Umm if you don't block in the first place it's gonna be hard of course. If you can't handle blocking as chipp or baiting as chipp then I doubt that you'll succeed with Jam.

I was just experimenting with 6K and what could be done afterwards but wanted peoples opinions here. After 6K hits, you are of course at frame advantage so if you put out a S(f), 5K or 5HS they will all catch an opponent trying to jump away or trying to stick out a limb (although dragons will win and PB might catch limbs) but I was beginning to experiment with HS as it seem to yield the best rewards. If you opponent tries to jump away HS hits and you can try for an IAD combo which you can't do with 5K or S(f) as there isn't enough hit stun, also if they put out a limb you get CH HS.

What I want to know is if I get CH from this range, my hit confirmable options seem to be quite small, I can go for super if I have the bar, D seems to have to be chained and that you can't hit confirm it (which is a shame because it would be perfect ID range), alpha blade seems a no no as well but if you go for a tiger kneed alpha it seems like you can hit confirm the jump and do an alpha once you are in the jump (if that makes sense). Could any body else offer up some guaranteed other options and which characters I should use S(f) or 5K instead of HS and why.

you can also link a 2D after a 5HS CH. depending on the range, this could lead into a 2d,rekka combo. another option (also range dependant) would be a d.s©, or even a d.5k, since that now leads into 2D. 5hs CH vs. air: i usually do another d.HS, then iad combo against normal / heavy chars, and on light chars of they are particularly low in the air.

I knew you could link a second HS after a CH HS but the range on this set-up (safe 6K range) doesn't allow for it really but the sweep does. I don't think sweep rekka is in range, but yeah d.5K, 2D, rekka might just be, but I'll have to test that set-up. As far as HS as they try and jump away, most people I play against don't always put stuff out as they try and jump away because they don't always have the speed on their jump normals to do it and I could just dash air grab as they are in recovery so I was thinking that if it wasn't a CH HS on an air bound opponent, what could I get then? The hit stun on an air bound opponent is still more if it's CH right? So I'm guessing I won't be able to do dash HS and then IAD combo, but maybe I'm wrong? Also I didn't quite understand what you were saying about the light characters, could you explain that again. Thanks for the tips though.

yo! never played this sheez before and am having trouble comboing... help me please i know this is dumb. it starts off as a ground combo-sweep,qcf.P,qcf.K,s.S... after the slash they are airborn and ive seen in vids that you can follow them into the air and continue the combo but i cant! i can never follow up in the air

yo! never played this sheez before and am having trouble comboing... help me please i know this is dumb.

it starts off as a ground combo-sweep,qcf.P,qcf.K,s.S...

after the slash they are airborn and ive seen in vids that you can follow them into the air and continue the combo but i cant! i can never follow up in the air

I think you mean qcf.S.qcf.K, but after that AFAIK you use 5HS, not s.S (i think here you mean cS or fS, btw). You can also use 5P into jP-> etc on lighter characters (Bridget)

sorry still dont know all the buttons but yea qcf.slash then qcf kick then standing high slash... but how the F do i hit them after theyre in the air

sorry still dont know all the buttons but yea

qcf.slash then qcf kick then standing high slash... but how the F do i hit them after theyre in the air

It's alright.

Just jump-cancel the HS into jP-> etc. :keke:

If you're still having problems connecting anything after the HS, the best advice I can give is to fuck around in training and try to find the earliest frame you can jump cancel the 5HS and the earliest frame you can punch after actually leaving the ground. Work on timing it right rather than spamming the button.

should work on ky. you can't do HS after 2d,236s against all chars - only against some of them: ky slayer johnny venom eddie jam anji axl testa zappa pot rky aba dont know if i forgot someone. as for 2d,236s,236k, this list thins out even more.

I have a question.

AtTheGates - could you PLEASE create a "Matchups" forum for us Chipp players? It would benefit the Chipp forums and chipp players with matchup problems.

Hello. I've decided to pick up Chipp and was wondering what I should start practicing first. I'm attempting some of the basic combos from the combo thread, but in terms of actual matchplay, what should I as a newbie work on?

Learning how to zone well is very important. You can master all of the combos in this forum, but if you can't zone correctly, you WILL still lose. Zoning can't be really taught. Your kinda on your own...this forum can only do so much.

Alright, thanks for the input. I just wasn't really sure how to use Chipp versus some competition. I'm not really looking for an easy answer; (I play I-no, too) Chipp is pretty technical.

Ok. I've been trying to hold off asking this, for fear of looking particularly scrubby, but I can wait no longer. Whenever I'm using the Air Alpha/ TK Alpha FRC, my chipp always zooms diagonally upward. I can't do any combos because of this. How do I get Chipp to... not do that..? I'm a pad scrub, so... yeah... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Ok. I've been trying to hold off asking this, for fear of looking particularly scrubby, but I can wait no longer. Whenever I'm using the Air Alpha/ TK Alpha FRC, my chipp always zooms diagonally upward. I can't do any combos because of this. How do I get Chipp to... not do that..? I'm a pad scrub, so... yeah... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

That's because you're inputting 2369P, make sure you only roll to 6. :keke:

That's because you're inputting 2369P, make sure you only roll to 6. :keke:

OH!!! DOOOOOOD!!!!!!!! That's why it never happened on my air Alphas but always on my TK Alphas. Damn I feel dumb after that.

Thanks for that. :D

So you can't do any TK Alpha FRC combos?

Might be a really noobish question on my part, but I'm having trouble FDCing. How do I know that I'm doing it correctly?