Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LM_Akira

I-No Combo Thread (Accent Core)

Actually in this game, even though her damage is overall reduced, you can land and just do 2s CL frc sex and have it do a TON MORE DMG than 2k 2s CL. It is harder of course.

Is anyone willing (Caveman, seeing as he is the mod here) to make a guide/primer/101 for AC I-No? It would help players, starting out on the game alot. I like the format that Dr.Stormlocke used, for his Robo-Ky guide.

umm the stormlocke's guide is just whoa 2 much work, but if u have questions the whole 4 of us in the US who play Ino can help u lol.

umm the stormlocke's guide is just whoa 2 much work, but if u have questions the whole 4 of us in the US who play Ino can help u lol.

Hmmmm, that kinda sucks. An AC guide, would be so beneficial.

The thing is. The information needed (normals and how to use them, reversals, specials, combos, frame data, general play, etc.) may actually be easier through a guide.

Also, I was asking on behalf of someone else (just started playing, and always forgets to post).

I'll try and PM, Caveman.

I'll tell my friend, to ask whatever he wants here though.

Thanks.

Well for a start you're really asking in the wrong thread anyway, this thread is ideally in place to list/discuss combos, asking for guides to be written should be brought up in the AC thoughts/discussion thread here.

Frame data is also available directly in one of the general forums (I posted links on neo empire) you don't need a guide made to give you it.

Anyone who wants an all purpose guide written about I-No should just read through the general threads here and watch a few vids for a start. I doubt many people realise the time and effort that writing guides and such takes, you can't really click your fingers and have someone magic up something for you. People should get stuck into playing the game to some extent before reverting to guides detailing everything you should/shouldn't be doing. Any specific questions you could always ask Zakuta or Ryza anyway. Perhaps a "newbie I-No questions" thread might be better at first.

General AC I-No threads:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2304

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2938

Plenty of good stuff to read thru there.

Frame Data:

http://www.dustloop.com/data/ac/ino.html

How to do HCL FRC airdash:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1162

Old Slash stuff to have a read thru:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1396

It's all there if you look.

Anyone who wants an all purpose guide written about I-No should just read through the general threads here and watch a few vids for a start. I doubt many people realise the time and effort that writing guides and such takes, you can't really click your fingers and have someone magic up something for you. People should get stuck into playing the game to some extent before reverting to guides detailing everything you should/shouldn't be doing.

It's all there if you look.

I guess, I agree with you.

However, all the information given. Assumes that the player, is familar with the character already.

I'll tell the person, to ask all the questions they want, in the 'AC thoughts/discussion' thread.

I apologize for asking though (which I did, as opposed to demmanding).

Because of the promptness received, from other guide makers (A friend asked Dr.Stormlocke, and I asked Moroha).

I naturally assumed that this board, would have "someone magic up something" as you say.

My bad.

But the main thing is, you already know and play with 2 highly experienced I-No players already, why would you request that someone online make an I-No guide (not even for you, for someone else) when in fact you have resources at hand already. Why would you ask Moroha to make an A.B.A. guide when you already played as A.B.A. in Slash, there was already a Slash A.B.A. guide written online AND you know that Ryza has been using A.B.A. since the console release of Slash??? Nevermind don't answer here it's just going off topic. At the end of the day, you can't really assume that someone online is going to go to the effort of writing some full on uber 101 character guide based on just 1 request, assumption is the mother of all fuck ups :)

you already know and play with 2 highly experienced I-No players already, why would you request that someone online make an I-No guide (not even for you, for someone else) when in fact you have resources at hand already.

Why not? I doubt, my friend (and player) would be the only person benefitting from it.

Why would you ask Moroha to make an A.B.A. guide when you already played as A.B.A. in Slash, there was already a Slash A.B.A. guide written online AND you know that Ryza has been using A.B.A. since the console release of Slash???

Well it's an 'assumption', stating I played A.B.A since Slash (which I didn't, I have being playing since AC).I showed Ryza, Horoha's guide, and hereccomended I use it, instead of using his Slash techniques

you can't really click your fingers and have someone magic up something for you.

Thing is, it was a request not a demmand.

People should get stuck into playing the game to some extent before reverting to guides detailing everything you should/shouldn't be doing.

If the player asked for a guide, after "playing the game to some extent". What difference would it make?

When Vegta12 said it would be

just whoa 2 much work, but if u have questions the whole 4 of us in the US who play Ino can help

I didn't argue that.

In fact, I said ok, and explained the what said person needed.

You seem to have a problem, with someone (or maybe, just me) asking for a guide.

I respect you as a person, and as a player.

However, I think your getting worked up, over nothing (especially when I didn't ask you directly).

If you'd only been playing A.B.A. since AC, what was all the talk on NE about using/learning her in Slash then? (months before AC was released on console)

http://www.neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=848

Anyway that has nothing to do with this discussion like I said.

No, you didn't demand a guide to be made, I never implied you did, however you did reply with the attitude "none of you will make a guide for my friend? That sucks!" that kinda speaks for itself. Besides, quoting me back after already addressing what was said earlier makes no sense.

What difference does it make if you've played the game or not? Lots. You're taking the attitude of "I'm a noob, I know nothing, make me a guide to learn this character". If you've gotten experience under your belt you can start asking more sensible stuff like "when is best to use fast note, what kinda of mixups should I be doing?" etc instead of saying "I'm a noob what is note? Teach me everything..."

Surely you saw BulletProof's recent post on NE about people being so lazy these days they just want instant guides/faqs/frames before learning a new game instead of just playing the actual damn game?

As someone who tries to contribute to the general community with guides (being as small or big as they are) it annoys me to see people so lazy that they need to be told EVERYTHING they should/shouldn't be doing before they're even familar with a game/character.

My original combo. (18 hits, I'm not sure how much damage.) I know it's not that great, but I've got up to 23 hits with it with small variations

(100% Tension)

66+P+K+D+236D+UF(236+63214HS)+VCL(63214+6+HS)+8+P+D+236D+S+VCL+(S or D or VCL)

Uh, turn on Recovery, dude. In a real match, your combo would've ended at the 66 P-K-D part. And it looks like you used 150% Tension. You know ForceBreaks use 25% Tension, right? :psyduck:

^^^I would say something about how you miscounted the tension but I realize that's my fualt for typing the wrong input for VCL (S not HS) and it may have been confusing. The 2 force breaks (25% each) and the UF (50%) are the only things that require tension.

EDIT: I didn't notice it at first but you're right the combo count does stop after the first air dust and restart for the force break. (from the FB on though it still pulls off 18 hits)

Uh, like I said, turn on Recovery, dude. I can count like 3 spots in the combo (not including the beginning) where any competent person will tech out of it.

If you notice during the combo where the combo counter is, you'd notice how there's a word "Beat" next to the number. If that word is still "lit" during your combo (depending on your setting, either blue or yellow), it means your combo is legit and there are no holes for the opponent to tech out of it. If the "Beat" turns black, it means there's a hole in your combo and the opponent can tech out of it, which means your combo isn't a true combo; rather, it's a combo that would only work on dummies.

Confused. Is using 6p,s or 6p,hs situational or is one better than the other. I had been using 6p,s... but now i've been using blah blah into 6p,hs,j.s,j.hs w/e. I know that 6p,s has limited range but I' talking about when it's guarantee'd which is better to do into air combo

Confused. Is using 6p,s or 6p,hs situational or is one better than the other. I had been using 6p,s... but now i've been using blah blah into 6p,hs,j.s,j.hs w/e.

I know that 6p,s has limited range but I' talking about when it's guarantee'd which is better to do into air combo

6P, 5S, jump into combo = Anti-air combo starter when 6P is used an an anti-air (the 5H will most likely whiff most of the time if you used 6P, 5H as an anti-air combo starter), and basic combo starter on Sol and Order Sol due to hitbox issues.

6P, 5H, jump into combo or JI HCL FRC air dash etc. = Basic combo starter.

6P, 5S, jump into combo = Anti-air combo starter when 6P is used an an anti-air (the 5H will most likely whiff most of the time if you used 6P, 5H as an anti-air combo starter), and basic combo starter on Sol and Order Sol due to hitbox issues.

6P, 5H, jump into combo or JI HCL FRC air dash etc. = Basic combo starter.

does 6P 5H TK HCL FRC also work? I don't really understand how you JI from 6P

does 6P 5H TK HCL FRC also work? I don't really understand how you JI from 6P

Yeah you would TK the HCL vs the Sols, you can't JI off 6P alone so you do it after 5HS (which is JCable).

TK will work against lots of people, just depends on what you start the combo with and what you plan to do afterwards. I prefer to use the auto-JI on hoverdash anyway...so I do stuff like dash 2K, 6P, 5HS HCL FRC airdash whatever as opposed to manually adding the JI. I think vs the Sols in midscreen you'd have to do this as dash 2K, 6P HCL because of the way fall/their hitboxes. Oh and when I say prefer to, I mean I prefer to TRY to.....my success rate for 6FRC6 is low lol :(

You can't JI from 6p because it isn't jump cancellable. You can JI a move before 6p (example: 5k, JI, 6p OR 5p, JI, 6p) or after 6p (6p 5s JI OR 6p, 5hs (JI or TK).

I think TGS meant you can do 6p 5hs TK HCL FRC or 6p 5hs 8632146 (or any other motion as long as it has an UP in it and I-no doesn't actually jump) HCL FRC.

>>Blade

Even on pad, using I-no's j.p to stop incoming air attacks and dashes is smart, j.p j.p FB dive is great (two j.p's just to confirm it, you can combo off one of course), j.p j.s, jc j.hs (dive/note/HCL/FB) is fine too.

you know over the couple of weeks i started to really like the FB Ino has. It is great way to combo and get people into corners.

It is a really funny WTF moment when someone tries to get out of the corner and you just bust that out and THEN YOU'RE ALL UP IN THEIR FACE LIKE WUT NIGGA It's nothing like baiting a jump with Slayer or Jam's FB, but whatever.

you mean the HS STBT frc? Both frcs are good for a mix up, esp. the first one.