Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LM_Akira

I-No Combo Thread (Accent Core)

I use the first frc of STBT for mixup, and the second for throws.

yea HS STBT 6frc6. and I only use the first. Never really got around to learning the timing for the second, though I should

I never used the first FRC point, never saw any use for it.

The timing on the second point varies. It's the split second as she begins to come up. More visual than muscle memory. However, it's a pretty easy one to hit. Especially if you're a good distance from your opponent.

hmn i am new too i-no (i used to play baiken for a long time) so i just wanted to ask some basic things about combo form ground i use alot combos like 6p,5hs.... or basically combos with 5hs after them i can jc , js >cl> frc >airdash but i cant go to tk hcl after hs what input most of u use? i tried 360 ,9632146k ,6321496k and 6321476k but seems no luck i also tried 6321469k (a habit from baiken' s YZ) any tips? ty in advance

360s work just fine for me and they are what I probably use the most. 632147896k just feels natural. You can also hit up early on, such as 96321456k or whatnot. Just keep practicing. :)

yea i pracrice on that it seems like in ground or a jc 5hs the 6frc6 becomes a litle harder<-i have the impresion that the game lags a bit becuase of the hits and miss the ad somehow dunno i will practice 360 then

haha i never left. all i come on dustloop is for vids and i leave. lol but ill be around alot more to contribute cause there seems to be alot of newbs thirsting for i-no knowledge. Any questions just ask. And yeah i was fucking raping at NEC, till i played flash lol.

so i have this simple corner combo. 6P, 5c.S ,j.S, j.H, P-Dive, 66, j.S, j.H, UF. Problem is I can't figure something out that will keep the combo legit after the UF. Anyone have any ideas? Land, VCL doesn't work.

get ready to jump and tech throw him afterwards. is the only thing u really can do. that combo doesn't work on a lot of people. i tried it on axl and it failed but it worked on testament. if u take out the dive it will work on more people probably and it would be easier to tech trap

6P can work if they happen to like tech into it or something. And generally you can delay the P dive or the cancel to P dive to make it work; not sure about Baiken who's kinda weird to P dive but P dive in that combo should work on Anji. It's really quite spacing-dependent; if you're not as close as possible the P dive will probably whiff. Also, there's no reason to UF at that point in the combo, you should either ad. j.H P dive K/S dive or ad. j.H K dive or on some characters you can ad. j.S delayed falling VCL and relaunch. UF has too little untechable time to be able to recombo after it at that height and at that point of the combo, it also doesn't do a lot of damage by that point.

To get it to work for Axel simply add another jump during the first j.S. Does 187 damage. If you can't get it to work for Baiken then you just need to do it faster. Does 207 damage. Anji has a little bit of delay with the P-Dive but it still works. Does 185 damage. For me 6P is a really good combo starter. I use it as Oki (bad I know but it works well) as well as for dash in attacks. dash, j.S, j.K. j.S, j.K, j.P, land (combo end) 6P---->variable. (I know you can extend that with 2K)

aright (I never do p dive combos so thats why I had no clue) Just fucking around, I got 6P c.5S jS jH P dive,adS H VCL frc land 2P c.5S/5k(can't remember) jS jH HCL frc ad jS jH Sdive techable at the end and 190 on Anji. So it's kinda meh. only 5 more points but same tension use.Looks hotter though =P EDIT: K(ji),H,CL frc,ad.S,VLC,2P,5K,VLC frc,ad.S,VLC,2P,c.5S,jS,jH,CL frc,ad.S,VLC:psyduck: Super not practical unless you want to waste 75% tension but hot fire. 230 on Anji

6P is good for AA combos... Seeing as how her 6P is one of the best in the game, I'm not quite sure why someone said it wasn't good as a starter. -9

EDIT: K(ji),H,CL frc,ad.S,VLC,2P,5K,VLC frc,ad.S,VLC,2P,c.5S,jS,jH,CL frc,ad.S,VLC:psyduck:

Super not practical unless you want to waste 75% tension but hot fire. 230 on Anji

can you explain this part to me? I tried and tried against Anji but just couldn't get that bit to work. I could only get the 2P to connect if I FRC'd the VCL for a faster fall. Even then getting the 2nd VCL to connect after the 2P, 5K was impossible. It would connect on a 2P, 2K in the corner, though. I also found alot times if not in the corner the first VCL wouldn't connect at all.

So help me out here, what am I doing wrong?

K(ji), H, CL frc, ad.S,VLC, 2P, K Vlc frc, ad.S...

I guess just try it faster, and make sure the 2P comes out not too late or else it won't combo. And yea theres some characters who the VCL won't work on, Anji works, but he's harder than when I did it on Millia, so maybe lighter characters are easier, I'll test later. But with Anji sometimes when I landed it, the second VCL (the VCL frc ad. one) would whiff. My sucess rate of landing it isn't high enough to do is consistenly to figure out why it sometimes does and doesn't work. But i'm pretty sure it has to do with how fast the ad.S comes out. Dunno maybe I do it too fast. And yea you have to be pretty close enought that the first VCL hits fairly deep.

And about the 6P, yea as an anti air the shit is nice but as a standalone combo starter? EDIT:I see what your saying. they jump in, you AA 6P c.5S, but a jump in that leaves them in the corner?:psyduck:

Q:Does her dead angle (6P) work like a regular 6P? I'd test it but I'm not home

I thought 5k->5hs doesn't combo with I-no, even point blank on the ENTIRE cast qunless crouching. I swear I've gotten it to hit before though on standing... anyways if you wanted that combo to do more damage, 5k, TK HCL 6FRC6, air dash j.s/j.hs, VCL (fast fall), land, 5s© then air combo (j.s, j.hs, p/s dive depending on char, land continue) or have 5s©->JI HCL 6frc6 j.s VCL, land 5hs, j.jhs, k dive.

6P as a combo starter is practical especially if your baiting a random poke after a block string. it catches ppl all the time who like to 2P/5P after blocking a string in anticipation of you dashing back in. condition the opponent and catch their attack for a CH 6P and rediculous dmg that follows.

I thought 5k->5hs doesn't combo with I-no, even point blank on the ENTIRE cast qunless crouching. I swear I've gotten it to hit before though on standing...

anyways if you wanted that combo to do more damage,

5k, TK HCL 6FRC6, air dash j.s/j.hs, VCL (fast fall), land, 5s© then air combo (j.s, j.hs, p/s dive depending on char, land continue) or have 5s©->JI HCL 6frc6 j.s VCL, land 5hs, j.jhs, k dive.

I think it depends on the hitbox. It doesn't combo on Anji but it does on Potemkin. Probably would on Dizzy, I haven't tried to say for sure. (the 5K, 5HS)