Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skunkee

Potemkin Vs. Anji

What is a good strategy vs. Anji with Potemkin. It seems like a bad matchup whenever I fight a good Anji player. His 5HS absorbs a hit or two and makes it nigh impossible to do much to him.

Anji's 5HS had auto guard? Pretty sure it doesn't.

It's definitely one of his HS's. Either 5HS or 6HS. It's the one where he spins both his fans around and moves forward simultaneously. I believe it hits twice.

That's Anji's 6hs. You should learn what normals to look for as Potemkin and how to deal with them. Watch out for Anji's 3k, the throw invincible move. There's no point in reversal throw/PB if the Anji does that on your wakeup so focus on guarding/backdashing at an appropriate moment.

Things to note in this match:

When you slide head successfully, your combo will usually be 5k, 5s(f), 2s heat knuckle instead of 5k 2s heat.

Potemkin's 2d is REALLY good in this match.

If you flick a butterfly, the butterfly will transform into it's second stage and you can flick it again. The same goes if you slash back the first hit.

IBing butterfly okizeme can get you pot busters if the Anji isn't careful. Watch out for being baited.

Instant block K stomp, free pot buster.

Learn to hammerfall at good times, such as through Fuujin followups if you read them right (S followup, D followup and so forth). IBing the Fuujin will help you pull this off when you want it.

That's Anji's 6hs. You should learn what normals to look for as Potemkin and how to deal with them. Watch out for Anji's 3k, the throw invincible move. There's no point in reversal throw/PB if the Anji does that on your wakeup so focus on guarding/backdashing at an appropriate moment.

Things to note in this match:

When you slide head successfully, your combo will usually be 2k, 5s(f), 2s heat knuckle instead of 2k 2s heat.

Potemkin's 2d is REALLY good in this match.

If you flick a butterfly, the butterfly will transform into it's second stage and you can flick it again. The same goes if you slash back the first hit.

IBing butterfly okizeme can get you pot busters if the Anji isn't careful. Watch out for being baited.

Instant block K stomp, free pot buster.

Learn to hammerfall at good times, such as through Fuujin followups if you read them right (S followup, D followup and so forth). IBing the Fuujin will help you pull this off when you want it.

Thanks, that helps me a lot. I need to work on my flick timing because butterfly gets me quite a bit. What other characters does the 2k, 5s(f), 2s, Heat work on?

Oops, I made a big mistake. The 2k in both areas should have been 5k. I already edited my post. Guess that's what I get for posting at that time...lol

2k has longer reach than 5k and combos to 5s(f) too, but 2k->2s doesn't combo.

2k/5k, 5s(f) 2s works on...

Ky

Robo-Ky

Johnny

Anji

I-no

Millia

Jam

Testament* (can be picky midscreen if you didn't get deep enough, use 5k 2s heat in corner)

Dizzy

Bridget

Justice (lol)

On Faust/Justice, you can use 5hs heat lol. On Faust only, 6hs heat or 6hs to something else works when you got deep enough early enough.

2k, 5s 2s is good for those times where you didn't Hammerfall break close enough for 5k to connect. However...

1) it does slightly less damage

2) in the corner, if you connected the 2k from the MAX range, the final 2s won't connect on bridget, johnny, anji, jam and many others. sometimes this even happens with 5k, 5s(f) 2s heat. basically if you're ever unsure and in the corner, practice first in training mode to make sure the combo works, or use something sure-fire like 5k 2s heat.

Oops, I made a big mistake. The 2k in both areas should have been 5k. I already edited my post. Guess that's what I get for posting at that time...lol

2k has longer reach than 5k and combos to 5s(f) too, but 2k->2s doesn't combo.

2k/5k, 5s(f) 2s works on...

Ky

Robo-Ky

Johnny

Anji

I-no

Millia

Jam

Testament* (can be picky midscreen if you didn't get deep enough, use 5k 2s heat in corner)

Dizzy

Bridget

Justice (lol)

On Faust/Justice, you can use 5hs heat lol. On Faust only, 6hs heat or 6hs to something else works when you got deep enough early enough.

2k, 5s 2s is good for those times where you didn't Hammerfall break close enough for 5k to connect. However...

1) it does slightly less damage

2) in the corner, if you connected the 2k from the MAX range, the final 2s won't connect on bridget, johnny, anji, jam and many others. sometimes this even happens with 5k, 5s(f) 2s heat. basically if you're ever unsure and in the corner, practice first in training mode to make sure the combo works, or use something sure-fire like 5k 2s heat.

Ah, thanks for clarifying. I actually read it as 5K initially too, lol. I'll have to tool around in training mode to see if I can pull that off consistently.