Sign in to follow this  
Moroha

AC A.B.A. 101: RTSD with a 500lb. Key guide

ABA has no problems whatsoever gaining tension. Anytime you're dashing forward or pressuring/comboing the opponent, you are gaining copious amounts of tension. ABA will often times have at least 25% tension available to her at many points in a round. Play smart in Moroha, dash and feint, and when they start blocking, you will def be seeing some serious tension gain.

Yep ABA does gain tension really fast. Sometimes i don't notice i have 25% already, especially since i backdash at the start to wait on my opponent to start doing stuff. Once you're in moroha though you really see the tension pour in i can name several times when i though i was just gonna be attempting butt loop x2, i still suck at it, only to hit 50% after the butt to RC into 2hit Orbs keygrab combo of doom.

thanks the only reason i ask is because i like to play an aggressive ABA i have no problem getting an opponent cornered but from there my oki game changes (i like to use crossover) so i then rely on rekkas and butloop mix ups so im using 50% most of the time often without reward. i find myself then playing defensive because i dont got anything solid/safe afterward.

what i want to know is what the hell do you follow up a 41236+S FRC 66 with? I'm always trying to follow it with another 41236+S but it doesn't really work that well. I'm not an ABA player but lately I've had a desire to get good enough with her to maybe play some casual matches.

what i want to know is what the hell do you follow up a 41236+S FRC 66 with? I'm always trying to follow it with another 41236+S but it doesn't really work that well.

I'm not an ABA player but lately I've had a desire to get good enough with her to maybe play some casual matches.

Do you mean in the air? Her orbs? You could follow it up with a j.HS for knockdown, or a jD xx orbs again for more damage. Or a jS(/jK) for an air throw tech trap. Overall though you don't really use Orbs FRC for combos as much as you should use it for pressure.

orbs FRC airdash can always lead into a j.HS keygrab. since you can do the orbs off any combo that puts them in the air, it's basically a flashy way of being able to do your massive aba damage, transform back to normal, and on their wakeup if you throw a ball and hit with 5HS you get a free bloodpack back into mohora. I use this very frequently, assuming I don't fuck up the FRC of course :psyduck:

Do you mean in the air? Her orbs? You could follow it up with a j.HS for knockdown, or a jD xx orbs again for more damage. Or a jS(/jK) for an air throw tech trap. Overall though you don't really use Orbs FRC for combos as much as you should use it for pressure.

LOL, I'm slowly realizing that no matter how much I try to play ABA like I-No it's just not happening.

I haven't tried JD orbs. I'll give that a shot.

If it's a low to the ground orbs, Don's suggestion of jHS keygrab is optimal. You could land and OTG keygrab and voila! Refreshed moroha and basically a guaranteed death for your opponent most likely.

ive really been playing with Orb frc mix ups i was wondering if anyone knew anything buff after a Jump Install (mohora-mode) havent seen it used too much with ABA but one of the things i really like about being in Goku-Mohora mode (a second normal jump that is).

one of the things i really like about being in Goku-Mohora mode (a second normal jump that is).

Wait, what? All characters have a double jump...

As for jump install it's not all that useful with ABA. If you really need that extra damage I guess, sure... (but I'm pretty sure orb loop combos would do more anyway)

I'd rather A) end my combo in a keygrab and be closer to the ground so I can refresh, or B) do a more damaging combo and again, be closer to the ground. ABA on the ground and your opponent in the air is better than both of you landing at the same time-ish.

The only JI combos I see are maybe from throws and all it does is add another jS to the combo *shrug*

Wait, what? All characters have a double jump...

He's saying that in Goku-Moroha mode, ABA can actually jump cancel certain moves that she couldn't normally do in Moroha mode like her 421HS.

pressure string ideas anyone? ones that i've studied and often use are: p,k,s,d p,k,s,2D(follow up) p,k,s,2H(follow up) rekka(2 hit), rc, dash, 2k, s, h (follow-up) rekka(2 hit), rc,, dash, throw (follow-up)

Specials:

236H (Bloodball). Fantastic move. ABA cuts her wrist on the key and a ball of mercury blood flies free. (It's okay, she's not human! ;p) It takes a little bit of time to come out, but once it's out, IT'S OUT. And ABA recovers real fucking quick, too. If you think you've got room to Bloodpack but aren't sure, throw a bloodball and go for it - it can be a real pain in the ass for your opponent to get around. Also, after a keygrab OUT of Moroha in the corner, when you land, throw a bloodball as they get up and mix them up. Don't be afraid to go / Ky sometimes in the corner, just don't abuse it.

Sorry for being so noob, but... what does the bold part mean?

~Z

"/ Ky" read "slash ky," as in guilty gear slash. I haven't played slash, but from what I hear, Ky was pretty unbalanced with his meaty charged stun edge mix ups. Basically what he's saying is don't be afraid to perform a meaty bloodball on a knocked down opponent.

Basically, throwing a bloodball and then another is fine. Throwing a bloodball and sliding is fine. So is throwing a bloodball and jumping in, or 236King. Your opponent has options after a bloodball, but you do have some frame adv - especially if you FRC it.

quick question frame data says that butt is -6 on block, is that regardless of when the move hits? in other words, would I be able to fix my spacing to have butt hit as late as possible (on block) to take that frame disadvantage to a minimum (or, dear god, get ++frames)? it seems like it'd be a great move in a blockstring to get you closer in if you can avoid punishment -6 isn't too much of a disadvantage as well, would you be able to have it be "safe" if you were knocked back far enough to avoid the fast punishers (everyone's 5p/2p/5k/2k)?

the framedata calculates static-defense from the first possible hitting frame. If you can get the butt to hit on the last possible frame, it'll be +4

...this character is too good to contribute to pressure string ideas, i asked because was toying with this string: (point blank, corner) c.S f.S 2H rekkas FRC 6H butt although it was more of a string i was playing with to see how totally bad i could screw the guard bar in one string. a practical version (for adjusted spacing) would probably be a little different in the beginning but just seeing how insanely she can jack up the guard bar so fast is scary and it ends with butt so you'd be able to change the string (maybe skip rekkas, keep 6H or something, their guard bar should still be real flashy) to land butt closer and RC and get mixup off it o_o too good

Need a bunch of clarification...

f.S, c.S, 236S, 46S, 63214S, FRC, forward dash, 5H, Keygrab. Gets you into Moroha.

You meant the bold part to be the other way around, right? Or is there some way to go from far slash to close?

Also, many of the combos you wrote have a "5S" in them somewhere. To clarify, do you mean c.S or f.S?

~Z

If ABA drops it like it's hot and gets all +4, I like following up with f.S. This is the safest route, and generally beats the bulk of your opponent's pokes. When it feels like it's closer to neutral frames, EX Danzai is also a fantastic option, especially late in a pressure string when people get antsy to escape or swing back. Butt is a fantastic pressure tool that you all should explore; it catches jumpers for saucy combos on CH, can be RCed into combos / additional pressure, and can even be used as frame advantage.

Hey guys just wanted to say this guide here is very inspiring. I've been playing gg for maybe 4 years now but only casually. I was good enough to be competitive amongst my group of friends but not really tourney capable, I don't know any FRC timings or even what all this discussion of frames really means outside of some intuitive understand of the games mechanics. However reading the a.b.a guide has inspired me to actually learn the GG haha. So keep up the awesome work.

:) Glad it did! She's a really unique character and a blast to play. She'll also force you to learn strong defense quick. ;) If you have any questions, feel free to ask away.

Sign in to follow this