Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

For stupid questions not specifically related to gameplay.

Such as Er, I've heard Roman Cancel has quite a lot of good stuff like articles, etc etc but I can't seem to find them...

Whats the easiest way to mod the ps2?

Getting a slide card or a flip top?

(Just good examples HmR.kS and Hatorri)

Non gameplay realated topics in this thread anything else in here

Edited by Kurushii

You might also want to start a FAQ for this forum. You also might link to the gameplay questions thread in your first post. The easiest mod for PS2 is to get a flip top and Swap Magic boot discs. Google for info on them, it's pretty easy to find. They will let you play games from other regions, or backups, on your PS2.

Yeah I guess I could make a faq for here if zand doesn't mind.

Is anyone willing to translate all the voice clips for the entire cast? Yeah, this is a really stupid question.

I think its already done on gamefaqs by Edward Chang

I actually had an old thread on gcc where I was doing it,but no one seemed to care so I stopped.

Most important overdrives, in order: Dark Angel (venom) Puffball super (Jam) Dizzy's wave super (one of the rays i dont know which) Pot's supers Me and my Killing machine (buri) Raoh super (zappa) and only this low because he doesnt get raoh all the time prolly sacred edge (Ky) then whatever, testament has some supers, jam has another good super with no startup, Slayer has 2 useful supers, but they arent dependant on them.

Japs are starting to rely on Overclocked with RK a lot more lately, at least once a match even. You definitely forgot to put Anji's 632146 H up there. Probably more important than Dark angel.

heavenly isnt that good of a super, its got uses, but not many, mostly to prevent bursts from happening or getting garunteed kills and whatnot also why is puffball super that good i dont see it used that often someone tell me :(

genkidama is not really THAT good but it´s really good compared to other overdrives. first point: she is invicible (also to throws) on startup BEFORE the OD flash appears. that will make grounded people do stupid things which will all get punished second point: with opponent in the corner you either have frameadv. on block (+ no pushback, 3way mixup possible afterwards; also it builds guardgauge/drains tension pretty good) or free combo afterwards if it connects. third point: it´s a really save OD, only thread is a DAA. even if they manage to airdash over it (then you´re doing it wrong anyways^^) they can´t punish you hard, when they hit you out of it the flash will hit them too.

You definitely forgot to put Anji's 632146 H up there. Probably more important than Dark angel.

Uhhh... Dark Angel is pretty much guaranteed with Venom. If you see a Venom with 50% tension, you can count on a Dark Angel. Not the case with Anji. His RC combos are way better, and it's supposed to be a lot harder to combo after that OD (at least now it is).

Though I can't imagine why they do it, a lot of Fausts love the item throwing OD.

I'd say Slayer is one of the top OD users (not nearly as much as Pot or Venom, though). One with 0 startup after spark, and two untechable ODs.

Uhhh... Dark Angel is pretty much guaranteed with Venom. If you see a Venom with 50% tension, you can count on a Dark Angel. Not the case with Anji. His RC combos are way better, and it's supposed to be a lot harder to combo after that OD (at least now it is).

In #R Issei Ougi was his only reliable way of dealing good damage (not saying that there aren't any other ways). In XX\, yeah probably not so reliable, but it's still the best damage he could get after a sweep.

Millia discs overdrive also...Anji spinny fan super probably. I consider those two and maybe a few others more important than Sacred Edge.

I've got a really stupid question,I wouldn't normally ask this but it's really hidering my ability to find slash vids. You know your address bar the one where if you type in a url it brings you straight to wherever you typed...well mine has gone I don't know where it's gone or how to get it back and it's really inconvinent. Any ideas?

What did you do? LoL. Which internet browser are you using? IE or Firefox? If it's IE, right click the top part of the browser and then check if the "Address Bar" is checked. If it's not, then just select it and it should appear. Same thing with the Firefox, except it's called Navigation bar.

Hmm yeah I'll already tried that but when it's checked and unchecked theres no difference. I've just got msn and google search bars.I think I might have somehow deleted it cause I randomly deleted some toolbars on my computer there was too many and I don't know how they got there...and now I can't find the good one.

I don't really know if you can just delete the integrated address bar in a internet browser... o_O And.. toolbars like Google toolbars or the bunch of f***king spyware "toolbars" out there are deletable in Control Panel.... But yeah you won't be able to delete your browser's address bar that way... You might want to reinstall lol

Kairi, you make me smile. Since you have the "msn search bar" I'll assume you're using IE. I dunno why checking and unchecking the address bar thing doesn't work, but for now, I'd try using Firefox. I know it's laughable, but you could probably fix this shit with a reboot. And if you insist on using IE, or need to get Firefox first, go to the Start menu and select run (or press the Windows Key and R at the same time, FRC style) and type "iexplore <insert url here>" without quotes. edit: and then, of course, click ok

Umm I figured it out kinda,there was an address bar hidden in the top right hand corner I just dragged it over and it's there now....it's not actually the same address bar as before but it works fine...thanks both of you.