Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

you likely ran into an EX overdrive. Also, is this red or blue #Reload your playing? I myself own Blue reload, the better version of the two

First at all, thanks for answering ^^

I didn't know that there was blue and red #Reload versions, the main title of the game shows the "#reload" in blue, so I think I have "Blue Version"??? I don't know...

And yes, was an Overdrive, if you try, choose Ky Kiske in EX Mode, an put 214214+K...it performs the 214+K Special Move of Ky Kiske, but hardcore xD

Rest of PJ got hidden moves too? Or there is something I don't know about the game?

EDIT: I realized that yo got to choose Ky Kiske in Ex Mode and Gold Mode to perform this Overdrive

Edited by DaniSlick

pretty cool stuff, i'll work on wording more formally for the wiki. expect me to bug you with questions!

Bug away!

Look up what effects the dusts have. Faust's has startup invincibility so you can cheese through some moves with it, May and Slayer can feint theirs (May can make her's hit low and Slayer can feint his and go into low/throw/whatever), Testament's sort of low-profiles and has an FRC, Justice's low profiles, Millia's low profiles (though she has better overhead options), Eddie and Zappa go over lows, Chipp's has lots of range and is +1 on block, DI Sol's is fast, etc.

I wouldn't use Chipp's dust the same way I'd use Faust's or May's or I-No's. It's a more useful way of looking at them than trying to rank how good they are. Some of them aren't that great despite what they can do, but they still have at least a situational use in most cases. Even Millia can make use of her 5D by low profiling something, yet hitting overhead when they would blow low on instinct after seeing her duck under something.

just getting into this game.

tips for iading? double tapping 9 or 4 doesn't really work. i can usually get it from 956/754 but idk, it doesn't feel natural at all.

yeah i figured as much but felt like asking anyway.

i'm actually getting it consistently now.

another question, though:

right now, i'm playing AC. i'll update to +R when i can but i already know anything that involves Jam's (character I'm learning) D puffball isn't viable in +R because the time for the wallstick is lessoned, at least that's what i've read. should i learn basic stuff with her or work on +R setups (since most setups/combos/etc work in every iteration)?

Well, if you're pretty new, go ahead an learn puffball loops since they're easy anyway, but your time will be well spent on learning the system mechanics and playing around with and against everyone. Learning your moves and how they work, as well as your movement, and learning what other characters can do, will be more beneficial than memorizing a combo that's sub-optimal in the next version, or trying to learn to do combos that don't work in the current version. Puffball loop is simple enough that it shouldn't really be a hindrance to learn it and then have to learn something else later, but don't put your focus into it.

Focus on learning your neutral game, how the guard bar and meter gain mechanics work, etc.

alright, now i'm fucked. my PS3 got the YLOD and i don't have the money to get another one atm.

it's no big deal to me but i still want to play guilty gear. there's only 3 for PC, should i get Isuka since it's the most recent on the PC?

i apologize if this question answers itself but i just want to make sure.

yeah i read up on Isuka after i posted that (not sure why i don't do this before i ask a question in general) and felt like an idiot.

thanks for the reply, though. i'm just glad i can play gg.

i've run kind of a stupid problem and im not sure if this is where i ought to ask it but i'll do it anyhow. i finally got tired of waiting for +R and decided to get a JP account/codes. this all went relatively smoothly until i finally downloaded AC+ from JP psn and waited for it to get patched only to find that i still am stuck with AC+ as opposed to +R even after the initial 231 mb patch. does anybody know what i did wrong and how can i get the +R patch?

i've run kind of a stupid problem and im not sure if this is where i ought to ask it but i'll do it anyhow. i finally got tired of waiting for +R and decided to get a JP account/codes. this all went relatively smoothly until i finally downloaded AC+ from JP psn and waited for it to get patched only to find that i still am stuck with AC+ as opposed to +R even after the initial 231 mb patch. does anybody know what i did wrong and how can i get the +R patch?

Follow these instructions: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/content.php?557-GGAC-R-out-for-JP-PSN-on-console%21

I find super jumping off normals really weird in this game. It feels like i have to input the 28 motion during the active frames or there-after, otherwise i just get a regular jump. What's the specifics on super jumping from normals to get the earliest possible super jump?

Ok i dont know whats going on. I recived the pre patch yesterday morning but i havent been able to get on my xbox till this morning. So i finaly boot up guilty gear this morning and i get no update and there is no Plus R patch in the live marketplace. Dose anybody know what happened?

Ok i dont know whats going on. I recived the pre patch yesterday morning but i havent been able to get on my xbox till this morning. So i finaly boot up guilty gear this morning and i get no update and there is no Plus R patch in the live marketplace. Dose anybody know what happened?

Is it a Japanese copy?