Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

About the LE of Guilty Gear Xrd, I'm only seeing a PS4 version. Although I'm waiting to see if they'll offer the same bonuses for the NA version/PS3 version I also don't want to miss out. Has there been any word of exclusive editions?

The word was PS4 is the only one to receive the LE version.PS3 only has the regular version.

There's no magical switch that PS4 developers can flip to enable PS3 controllers to work on the PS4. Sony saying "it's up to the devs and publishers" meant "we won't stop them from building their own device drivers if they want to spend that much time and money doing so."

You see pot-face in Faust IK too, no?

Well, yes, but that's not technically his TRUE face, lol.

All the same, I do hope they develop a battle damage system one day... and alternate costumes of course.

---Classic GG1 and GGX Millia

---Classic GG1 Potemkin / Black Ops Suit Potemkin (from GGX artwork)

---Frederick Sol Lab coat / GG2 Outfit

---King Ky Outfit / International Police Outfit Ky

---Classic GG1 outfit Faust (though he can still wear the bag on his head if he wants lol)

---"Eddie" outfit for Zato (so he's always in shadow form) / Negotiations Suit

---White Business Suit for Venom

---GG1 / GGX Axl outfits

---Slayer's "Military" uniform

---I-No in her "pink hotpants" / Fur Coat from LtA.

...And so on.

There's no magical switch that PS4 developers can flip to enable PS3 controllers to work on the PS4. Sony saying "it's up to the devs and publishers" meant "we won't stop them from building their own device drivers if they want to spend that much time and money doing so."

That makes sense, actually. In any case, I may just pick up a converter or a new PS4 compatible board before release.

Match point against him and he gets knocked down with half health.

What happened to Ky and Sol's Thunderseal and Fireseal swords, since the ones in Xrd are different?

Ky's is sealing Dizzy and Sol's is inside the new sword, IIRC.

Dumb question but I actually don't know the answer to it:

Is there a way to use Gold and Shadow characters in Vs mode without altering the character's mechanics? I just want it for the color. 

Dumb question but I actually don't know the answer to it:

Is there a way to use Gold and Shadow characters in Vs mode without altering the character's mechanics? I just want it for the color. 

Nope, its the Gold color that changes some character stuff, while Shadow ones are just infinite tension with no character changes. Silly yes, but can't do much about it.

Let's see...

In the original XX: Looks like he appears in I-no's path 1 ending, Axl's path 1 ending, and Eddie's path 3 ending. 

Been a while since I played the original XX story mode. This is a useful reference if you want to no more about the endings: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/562111-guilty-gear-x2/faqs/27246 (massive spoilers)

As for AC+... I think he appears in the Anji and I-no stories but doesn't reveal any more surprises like he did in Axl's XX story.

Hope this helps!

Technical question. If I hit an opponent with a move that makes e.g. 18f of untechable time, does the next move need to come active on/before frame 18 or would active frame 19 still extend the combo?

Edit: the other way around: does the teching player need a full "free of stun/hit" frame to tech?

Active on that frame unless they do a neutral tech, which comes a frame or two later than forward/backward teching. Beyond that, no, you don't need an extra frame to tech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAQlS9tTSuQ

I've never seen those sidebars before.  Are they exclusive to the arcade version or something?

The console version (PS3 and Xbox 360) have sidebars to compesate the 16:9 format video, for being a 4:3 format game. Maybe these guys wanted to compesate their stream (or recording only) with their own sidebars.

The console version (PS3 and Xbox 360) have sidebars to compesate the 16:9 format video, for being a 4:3 format game. Maybe these guys wanted to compesate their stream (or recording only) with their own sidebars.

So those are custom?  Damn, I like those a lot better than the official sidebar designs we got.