Kairi

Guilty Gear FAQ Thread - Ask your questions here!

Is there a way to invite people to player matches?  Have I been completely blind and not noticing it?

I dunno if anyone has answered this yet but: if you get the JAP copy does the English dub and sub come with it? If so how do I switch settings in JAP text/dub to ENG text/dub?

Sorry for me dumb questions...

I don't think you wanna do that, 'cause it'll make netplay desync if you don't have the same voice settings. :v

Is there a list of all throw invincible normals somewhere?

Moves that are throw invul are noted as such in the framedata.

Given that the old OS is back, you might as well just do that. Hit 6K+H whenever you're wanting to blow up someone trying to wakeup throw. If your character has a 6K, use 6S+H instead.

Moves that are throw invul are noted as such in the framedata.

Given that the old OS is back, you might as well just do that. Hit 6K+H whenever you're wanting to blow up someone trying to wakeup throw. If your character has a 6K, use 6S+H instead.

Really? I thought that you can't tech throws in this game.

no tech throws, but can still OS your throw

and to clarify, the new OS is still in, as in throw+attack

the old OS is not here, old being: throw+FD

To clarify, what happens when you input 6K+H or 6S+H is this:

- If they were mashing throw, their 5H comes out and gets hit by your K or S due to input priority

- If they were blocking, they get thrown

- If they were mashing throw, their 5H comes out and gets hit by your K or S due to input priority

Why wouldn't one of you just get thrown? Why would your OS normal come out? Can't they just throw a frame later, when your move is in startup?

no tech throws, but can still OS your throw

What happens if both of you throw on exactly the same frame? Does it really just pick a random person to get thrown?

Does SF4 style plinking work in Xrd? I know that the game copies inputs on subsequent frames(presumably to make RCs more consistent), but can you use it for link timing like in SF4?

Plinking is not in Guilty Gear. As far as I am aware, SF4 is the only game with that glitch/mechanic.

Nor does Guilty Gear have advance input. Commands involving simultaneous inputs are easy in Guilty Gear because the game will allow them to be a frame or two a part from each other.

I know this is not exactly GG related, but...

Let's say a friend and I want to share a digital PS4 copy of Xrd.

Our main accounts are EU, we both have ps+ for obvious reasons.

Xrd is only available on foreign ps stores, therefore we can't do the swapping accounts method, since it requires one of the users to log into the account we actually bought the game through in order to play every single time.

That account has no ps+ subscription, so this user can't access online.

So, what I'm asking is, can we somehow buy it using a new non-ps+ US/JP/HK account, and play using our main ones which have access to netplay?

I'm confused in my head if you try to do this as someone is waking up it would go down like this:

You get a 5K because of throw invulnerable frames on wakeup.

They throw you with 0 frame throw out the startup/active frames on 5K

Let me know if I'm confused thanks!

I know this is not exactly GG related, but...

Let's say a friend and I want to share a digital PS4 copy of Xrd.

Our main accounts are EU, we both have ps+ for obvious reasons.

Xrd is only available on foreign ps stores, therefore we can't do the swapping accounts method, since it requires one of the users to log into the account we actually bought the game through in order to play every single time.

That account has no ps+ subscription, so this user can't access online.

So, what I'm asking is, can we somehow buy it using a new non-ps+ US/JP/HK account, and play using our main ones which have access to netplay?

The way the PS4 sharing system works is that the content can't be accessed on another user account unless that PS4 has been set as the primary for the "Xrd account".

You understand already that this means that when sharing, one user has to be playing with the account that purchased Xrd.

You would be able to purchase Xrd on a non-PS+ account, and you would be able to play using your main ones provided you set your PS4 as the primary. However, that means that you cannot share your Xrd.

Also I believe you can access all the online functions in Xrd without PS+. However, network functions on PS4 seem a bit shafted because I myself can't find any way to set private room slots or invite friends to player matches. The option just isn't located where it's found on the PS3 version.

Also I believe you can access all the online functions in Xrd without PS+. However, network functions on PS4 seem a bit shafted because I myself can't find any way to set private room slots or invite friends to player matches. The option just isn't located where it's found on the PS3 version.

Huh... Can someone elaborate on this? It'll definitely prove useful for many people, and not just the ones who want to gameshare.

Being able to netplay without ps+ is actually a pretty huge deal.

Also, are the fewer netplay options on the ps4 caused by a lack of ps+ or it's just the way it is?

Sounds pretty weird to give less options to the "definitive" version of the game.

Huh... Can someone elaborate on this? It'll definitely prove useful for many people, and not just the ones who want to gameshare.

Being able to netplay without ps+ is actually a pretty huge deal.

Also, are the fewer netplay options on the ps4 caused by a lack of ps+ or it's just the way it is?

Sounds pretty weird to give less options to the "definitive" version of the game.

Originally my PS+ was expired so I thought it might have been the reason why those features were missing. I was able to still get a match going at that time though.

I activated PS+ after that thinking it would fix the issue of missing options, but they didn't show up. My friend who has PS+ was unable to find any of these options either.

I have also checked online to see what other people have run into, and Japanese players were complaining about the lack of these options. Ironically they also reported that the manual for the game reported being able to invite friends.

That's interesting and gives me hope. As long as one of the two people sharing is willing to not use his main account for this particular game, that is.

I'll wait for more people to confirm it though, unfortunately the only relevant thing I found is a gamefaqs thread, where nobody said anything about not needing a subscription.

Then again, most games do require ps+ to allow netplay access and most people already have a sub, but idk :v:

Originally my PS+ was expired so I thought it might have been the reason why those features were missing. I was able to still get a match going at that time though.

Playing online without PS+ sounds like a crazy bug.  Did any other "activated" user on your PS4 have PS+?

Playing online without PS+ sounds like a crazy bug.  Did any other "activated" user on your PS4 have PS+?

Yeah, as long as one user that has a PS+ sub on the PS4 if you don't have one on your account, you can still play online on the PS4 no problems.

Yeah, as long as one user that has a PS+ sub on the PS4 if you don't have one on your account, you can still play online on the PS4 no problems.

Nope, the other account on the system had no ps plus. It could have been a glitch or something with me turning off the auto renewal the night before. I remember checking on my PC though and it clearly said my Plus had expired.