Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Stormlocke

[GGAC] Robo-Ky Matchups!

You know... I posted all that Jam info in the other thread.

I have it all saved, don't worry. Just haven't had time to make the 'contributers' list and upload all of it. I'm off to class.

I see where Faust is a 5-5 match-up..lol I'm a lil confused by that. Faust 2HS (as with Slayers) really just destroy all Robo has w/out tension. Faust can pull/2HS on reaction to a Mat. Faust can run under missles all day. In fact..Slayer is 5-5 also...hmmm granted I don't have an AC Robo, I just played him in Slash when countdown super was in...would you mind discussing the points a lil (5-5).

well, robo can zone as well as faust can, and the way faust floats in the air doesnt help his air options vs RO, (think Pot in the air). Whoever can work their way into the other pretty much has the match right there. Faust's 2HS is good, especially since Robo takes a while to get into the air when he tries to jump, but mistime, and there'll be some TK missles coming his way. I always felt Robo had a little edge, but i could see the match being 5-5. As for Slayer, well homing air projectiles really limit a vampires game, add to the fact that slayer has to work his way in, and his okizeme can easily be thrown off by delayed wake up, uppercuts, and 5HS. And Slayer, well.. DoT is so useful, and Robo is very no exception, so you have to be really careful if he has half meter.

Faust: Im not sure about that match up seeing as i havent played any real faust players with my robo yet. (Ill find out when I fight Chase in Ser2) but robo ky can still poke atleast as good as him. Slayer: If you play a real slayer player who mains that bitch, this match up you will have to work for. One reason the match up isnt 5-5 is because using matt on this battle can cost you a mappa punch K. I would say the match up is 4-6 slayer favor untill you land detonation mode. Level 3 horsie only gets you so far. Thia is IMO.

well, even if your not sure of that matchup, take some side notes from others so at least youll be a bit prepared. its good to want to throw your own input, but give taking what others say, and playing with the idea a shot (in your mind a bit though). Ill give you props for what you think bout the matchups tho, just dont forget to take what others have said into consideration, and have it work with your ideas. yeah..something like that.

i think stormlocke had enough of my Baty Cload of death :p, though i am kind of interested in what Robo shoudl be doing against Slayer as well incase i ever get a chacne to use RObo against a slayer :o! but 5H FRC against some of Slayer Oki stuff seem to work last time we fought :V

I'll throw my 2 cents into a number of characters who I regularly play against. Jam: I would just like to mention that Robo-Dash is extremely effective (will always beat) against FB puffball. Try to bait it whenever you can. I know it's a little gimmicky and probably won't work too too often, but if youre full length screen you know you have the option of using it. Keep a sharp eye as the puffball comes out hella fast. If you keep the Jam player worried about robo dash all game, I think it's a pretty even matchup. Sol Badguy: I personally don't think this is quite 50-50, but that's probably just because I lose to my (better) friend's Sol most of the time. Gunflame spam will keep you off your mat, and if you try to IAD over it Sol's usually waiting with a 5k > stupid air combo. 5p or 236S okizeme isn't generally safe as VV is stupid. Sol's 2d owns you and is great for pressuring you/keeping you off the mat. Sol's fast enough that if you jump and do air missles, he'll usually run under them and wait for you to fall and either 5k or command throw >dumb air combo. Robo Dash CAN go through an entire gunflame and CH Sol (or not if he FRCS it) for massive damage, However there generally isn't enough space inbetween you to get the 20 necessary frames or whatever of dashing to get it off. my advice is instant block like crazy and watch for any run up command throws of his. Potemkin: Another match I'm not really convinced is 50-50, as he can keep you from gaining tension most of the time. Hammerfall >RoboDash, backdash-buster>dash. I rely heavily on spamming 6p and 2HS in this match and playing super defensively. Something also that wasn't mentioned is that when you block hammerfall, 2S is not safe because you can get Potemkin bustered out of it. I haven't tested all of the moves, but if you're hammerfalled in a corner, I think the best bet is to backdash as opposed to 5p, 2k, 2s, or whatever. 236S on ground is decent midscreen if you can get it off in anticipation of hammerfall. Lack of tension from mat via slidehead shenanigans +inability to instant block for bar (potemkin doesnt have terribly long block strings, and not to mention stupid command throw range) means you won't have much tension this match. 214S is good okizeme to bait buster, and if possible try to bait his backdash with a delayed robo dash. it has enough active frames to easily hit pot of of backdash if you time it sem-decently.

whenever i see gunflame i tend to mash 6p.... 6p can cancel a gunflame and sols tend to run in after the frc.. even if they block it... they should be pushed far away enough for you to not get raped immediately. as for potemkins... if they miss the false on hammerfall.... (assuming you blocked it)... you should be able to command grab him even without instant blockng..... if you really want to beat it out... mash 6p or 5k is what i generally do..... also.... don't tk missiles at a slidehead if its full screen away.. he has enough time to get up and flick them.... also about robodash for potemkins.... my policy is... never do it unless he is in the air sorry about my lack of punctuation and grammer and stuff.... but hope this helps a bit

Zappa: at the start of the round, if you backdash his 5s will still hit you (they made it a lot better:longer range, hits low near the end, very spammable) Expect to be instant blocking a good portion of this round. Zappa's pokes with basically all of his summons require you to instant block to build tension and either spam missiles (against ghosts) against regular zappa or dog zappa 2k isn't safe as a zappa 5k (lifts him off the ground, nearly instant speed) will CH you and he'll get free 3 orbs and summon. horsie against sword is almost never safe. more to come soon!

Potemkin -He has another tactic that punsishes alot of players but if I say what it is im afraid more potemkin players will do it.Ugh 5HS charge buffering hammerfall (some of you might not understand it but this is a technique jan uses). -Det. mode is good for giving you time to 6p alot. (though i kinda suck at this mode unlike heat) -You can throw an air missle from full screen if he tends to slide head, its not just for attacking people, you can TK lvl3 air missle and then matt for tension. As for Jam match up everyone i talked to mentions Flashmetroid jam is way over normal good jam players so i rather not give out any true info on that match up till SER2. Slayer -Level three horsies,6p, 5HS baiting , and nicely timed air missles seem to work well. This matchup itself is actually really stressful if you play against a good slayer player. Eddie -dont 5p on wake up cause Eddie can 2p it out. (so fking lame) _ I suggest you backdash his unbloackbles to atleast attempt to throw him out of a even larger combo or jsut take less damage. Johnny -Horsie will get u killed. -If you will air missle make sure its safe cause JO 6k will go under it. -5P is your best friend, so is your buddy 6p and f.S -Jo is a glutton for knee rockets mhu haha. -Becareful on instant blocking JO strings cause they can easily build guard gauge, most of the time you can SJ out . -JO damage is low and robo ky defense is high. KY -robo ky is kewler, you shouldnt lose. Ino -I really dont even think this match up is fair at all for her. I mean she really cant take the damage and most of robo ky normals (probaly all) would just about beat out her moves or is safe on whiff. Aba -as fucked up as slayer but i think against aba you have a better chance. (sorry if some of the stuff i said doesnt make sense, its kinda hard to explain things I learned in match ups against other players.)

against zappa.. i suggest to not tk any missiles when he is on the ground as he is able to run under any of them.... and just remember that summon is grabable.... zappa's ghost and sword pressures are all really loose and easy to ib..... i find the dog pressure much harder to ib since the hits aren't coming from one source.... also if you want to bazooka as oki.... you want to back up a bit first since attempting a reversal summon doesn't seem too uncommon to me... also... when they get raou... activate overclock super... you will take a lot less chip damage that way (but remember that raou lasts longer than that super) another thing to remember for zappa... is that his ghosts are part of his hitbox for most attacks... so there are some attacks you can just 2HS under and hit his ghost also doomscyther... i have to disagree with your 'jo damage is low' comment... his damage is still high.. but its just much more difficult for jo to get free hits and combo starters on roboky now than it was in /

JO gets most of his damage on robo ky from block strings and tech traps. (from my experience.) If you played JO as a main from slash to AC, you will notice a damage decrease.

Could Someone Explain As To Why Robo Ky's Match up Against A.B.A is 4-6 in A.B.A's favour? I have a friend who uses her and although i think that ratio is correct, he thinks that it should'nt be that much. He believes it should be slighty less such as 4.5-5.5 in A.B.A's favour

Could Someone Explain As To Why Robo Ky's Match up Against A.B.A is 4-6 in A.B.A's favour?

Danzai. Damage Output. Defense. Her Normals. Moroha 5hs stagger of 61 frames. General pressure strings.

Pretty much try and keep her from using a bloodpack, which can be difficult. Robo has to be really patient, Instant Block tons of stuff, and go for Knockdown/Dead Angle/SRK.

IMO, the matchup is 50-50. Instant Blocking and Backdashing are really quite effective versus Sol, you'd be surprised. Baiting vipers with 5p, 5hs FRC etc on his wakeup works great. You just never want to launch 2 sets of air missiles because he'll run under, 5k, Aircombo. Besides that I have success with random 2hs, and FRC to make safe if needed. Level 3 SRK after IB'ing pressure strings works of course but that goes without saying. Patience/Discipline, Instant Blocking and knowing when to Backdash versus Command Grab attempts are the most important things in this matchup. It's important to note, (and I'll update it right now, even though we have the chart in the AC Guide) that Sol can actually Grand Viper versus your Bazooka Okizeme. Just whiff 5p/5hs FRC in conjunction with backdashing most of the time.

Im going to have some dizzy / robo ky match up videos hopefully tommorrow. Also some Ino if my brother plays and some ABA. Hopefully i can get the dvd r to work.

Is there any known way to rush down Zappa? Preferably without overclock. His strategy against Zappa seems like pure defense, most moves can't even hit him. BTW, 6HS steam is a good way to eliminate both heat and incoming ghosts.

Zappa

Nice avatar.

I have a really hard time with this matchup. I rely a lot on 2p and 2s. Can't really say much more than that sadly, he pretty much owns me.

dr. stormlocke what are some weaknesses of Robo-ky when fighting Ino :(

You can attempt to hover-dash over a Robo who repeatedly throws out 2k. However a smart Robot will use 5hs (FRC) or his SRK to punish this on subsequent tries. Note spam isn't really effective as Robo can Robo-Dash through it, or Instant Block it and get a chunk of tension.

It's a 6-4 matchup in his favor for a reason, don't know what else to add, sorry.

You can attempt to hover-dash over a Robo who repeatedly throws out 2k. However a smart Robot will use 5hs (FRC) or his SRK to punish this on subsequent tries. Note spam isn't really effective as Robo can Robo-Dash through it, or Instant Block it and get a chunk of tension.

It's a 6-4 matchup in his favor for a reason, don't know what else to add, sorry.

doomscyther uses his quick punch that stops the dash or that ball move. also that slide attack is weird and doesnt make my first hit on my dash hit him!!! props though cause u did give the reasons why my crap cant work :X

I've been running into some problems in regards to the Dizzy matchup. For some reason, I just dont know where to begin in this match/when to stop blocking.

I know Dizzy has bad defense, and starting pressure after knockdown is easy enough, but the mid-screen fighting is killing me, what with the projectiles and j.2S. Something Im not putting together in this matchup?