Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shazay

The Joystick Thread

Spending that much on an arcade stick is base pricing in my understanding for something decent in arcade sticks. I can't make that kind of financial commitment so i'll be making use of my EZGlider for years to come.

How is Byrdo.org for joysticks?

Byrdo's sticks are apparently of the finest quality (supposedly museum-quality compared to most other stickmakers' stuff) but I believe you bid on his sticks, and prices are rarely lower than $250 (apparently they've gone as high as 500). Maybe he does commissions but I'd imagine he charges a pretty penny for them as well.

So I've decided it's time to step up to the plate and buy a stick and I decided on one of two options and BOTH are so hard to find.

I've checked ebay, playasia, arcade shock, ncsx, MAS Systems directly (for the mas one only obviously :P), the trading outlet on SRK... and all comes up empty.

1) PS2 Mini Arcade Stick (10-button)

http://www.arcadeshock.com/items/pro-arcade-sticks~mas~hori~/ps2-mini-arcade-stick-10-button-ps2mini-acc-detail.htm

2) HORI Real Arcade Pro 2

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-m-77-3-49-en-15-hori%252Breal%252Barcade%252Bpro-70-10up.html

Does this mean I should just bite the $60 bullet and just get a custom from the builders on SRK? It's not terrible but just spending $100 is already kinda expensive since I'm still not entirely sure on which style I'll like more in the end. All I know is I like 6 button style layout, concave buttons, PS2 compatibility (since I can up convert to any other type from there really), and speedy delivery (a definite negative to going the custom route).

Anyone seen any HRAP2 or mini-MAS PS2 for sale recently (too bad that HRAP2 that Purify mentioned already closed by the time I decided to go forward with the purchase hehe)

anyone know where exacly in akihabara can i buy this sticks? i searched in big akiba shop or something i finded here only hrap3...i want stick on ps2 too...so i have to find hrap2 T_T...akihabara is big and scary T_T...i dunno where to search it

Alright, so I understand that the Fighting Stick 3 isn't able to play PS2 games on the PS3, but does anyone know about the HRAPS3 and it's compatibility? I'd love to be able to play AC on my PS3 with a stick, but am afraid of wasting my money...

*first post* ;)

AFAIK, the HRAP3 does work with PS2 games on the PS3.

HORI Real Arcade Pro Stick 3, just got it and is an excellent stick works perfect with ps2 games too ,but beware this: dont use other usb slots becuase there is not enough power!! btw is very sensitive stick <3 at first sight

Is anybody getting lag on the 60GB PS3 using the pelican adapter from Gamestop connected to a HRAP2?? My FRC's don't seem to be as consistent. Also Im using the regular cables connected to a regular standard TV, U.S Version of Accent Core. Here's a couple problems I was having with certain characters. Baiken Combo: 2K>S>j.D frc>ad tatami>j.HS j.tatami>sj.SD>j.SPSD. Not really a FRC issue but for me it seems the timing on "2K>S>j.D" just seems wierd when using the pelican converter, getting the "j.D" to connect is harder. A.B.A: Konzetsu / Orbs: 41236S FRC: Yeah I know the FRC point on this is late but for some reason when using the pelican with a HRAP2 I can barely get it to FRC. Switching to my PS2 I was able to get it down normally using the Corner grab 669 j.S j.HS j.D 41236HS FRC loop. On a side note taking off the controller from the converter was pretty tough to get it out the first couple of times, Is it supposed to be this tight? One of the pins from my HRAP2 is kinda sticking out compared to the other pins? Thats it thanks everyone.

try not to use a lot of usb devices in ps3.....especially charging sixaxis while playing (this was the problem with a friends joystick)

i recently got a hrap 3 and when i press down all the way with a little bit of pressure it feels like the stick comes out of place and it is rather annoying i was wondering if this was normal?

anyone know where exacly in akihabara can i buy this sticks? i searched in big akiba shop or something i finded here only hrap3...i want stick on ps2 too...so i have to find hrap2 T_T...akihabara is big and scary T_T...i dunno where to search it

I only went there once, so I can't help, but...

YAHOO AUCTIONS JAPAN might know.

I have a question about the HRAPs (specifically HRAP 1) I recently took it apart and cleaned up the buttons since they were starting to stick. After I washed them down with soap, they feel good as new, but I did notice that there were scratches on the surfaces between the buttons and the button-casing, most likely due to friction. I was wondering if you think lubricating the area of contact is a good idea? And if so, what lubricants should I use?

i recently got a hrap 3 and when i press down all the way with a little bit of pressure it feels like the stick comes out of place and it is rather annoying

i was wondering if this was normal?

No probably not. Did you buy it used? You can probably open it up to see if something is loose or broken inside.

I was wondering if you think lubricating the area of contact is a good idea? And if so, what lubricants should I use?

I wouldn't mess with lubricating it if I were you, not really necessary at all.

I was wondering if anyone actually had any of Byrdo's sticks, they seem pretty nice but I'd like to hear from you guys.

whowh I didnt see this thread before!

coincidentally, I just finished my new stick yesterday,

Tekken 5 stick mod:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

hope I can practice so I dont get my azz kicked so hard at ranbats now