Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Koozebanian Fazoob

ACCENT CORE Potemkin Combos

This thread is going to be woefully incomplete for a while so please help me out in collection the many Potemkin target combos we can. I'd like to keep the list fairly small, basically just the stuff you'd actually want to use in a match.

If you want the thread with information about SLASH Potemkin combos, go here

General notation:

CH - Counterhit

FD - Faultless Defense

(2S) - Optional attack (probably depends on distance and weight)

(Close) - Setup required for combo

f.S - Far Slash (as opposed to c.S, close slash)

... - Continue into some other fitting combo

[9] - Hold direction/button

]9[ - Release direction/button

jc.P - Jump Cancel into j.P

sjc.S - Superjump Cancel into j.S

|> - Land on the Ground

S 2H - Gattling from S to 2H

S > jc.P - Jump cancel the S, into a jumping P.

2S, 5H - Just Frame from 2S to 5H (no Cancel)

P* K - 0 or more P followed by a K

j.S/H - Either j.S or j.H

Heat(1) RC - Cancel the first hit into an RC

, - A link or a pause... not a direct gattling or cancel.

(Near Corner) - In the general vicinity of the Corner

(Close Corner) - Very close to the corner, but not deep into it

(Corner) - Deep into the corner

(50%) - Tension requirement for this combo. 50% means you need half a bar of tension, 100% means you need full.

HF - Hammerfall ( [4] 6H )

Giganter+B - Extend Bullet on Giganter super (632146HS 4123641236P)

APB - Air Potemkin Buster (j.632146D)

PB - Potemkin Buster (632146P)

HPB - Heavenly Potemkin Buster (236236S)

JG - Judge Gauntlet (63214H)

Heat - Heat Knuckle (623H)

Heat Extend - (623H, 63214H)

The Wonderful World of Potemkin Combos

Ground Mid-Screen Combos

n/a

Hammerfall

n/a

CH 2H

n/a

6P/6K

CH 6P Heat

(50%) 6P Giganter+B, Wallbounce...

6K 2H Heat

6K 2H HPB

Dust Combos

D > 9 FD j.S/j.H (Impossible Dust) |> (S) Heat

(25%) D > [9] j.H jc.H jc.APB

(25%) D > [9] j.H jc.H jc.S P K P K P K jc.APB

Judge Gauntlet Combos

JG RC, 6H

JG RC, 2S Heat

Throw FRC Combos

(25%) Throw FRC, 2S Heat

(75%) Throw FRC, 2S 2H HPB

(75%, Into Corner) Throw FRC, 6P > jc7 APB |> P S > jc.9 APB

Potemkin Buster Combos

(25%, Mid) PB FRC, 2S Heat

(25%, Mid, Dizzy) PB FRC, f.S 2S Heat

(75%) PB FRC, 2S 2H HPB

(25%, Corner) PB FRC, 2HS Heat

(75%, Corner) PB FRC, HS Giganter, 2HS Heat

(100%, Corner) PB FRC, HS Giganter, 6HS Hammerfall FRC, Heat

Slide Head Combos

Slide Head, Hammerfall Break, K (S) 2S Heat

(50%) Slide Head, Hammerfall Break, K 2S 2H HPB

Wallbounce Combos

(Light Weights) ... > Heat

... > H Heat

(25%) ... 6P > jc.APB

(50%) ... > HS Giganter+B, Wallbounce...

(50%) ... > (K) (S) 2H HPB

(50%) ... > 6P Giganter/Heat

(Off standalone Giganter+B) ... > K S Heat

I can't get 2S Heat to work off the PB FRC on some characters, like Ky and Jam. Am I just timing it wrong? Would it help to FRC with PKHS instead of KSHS like I usually do? To add a favorite combo of mine. (close corner) anything into Heat Extend RC 236P 2HS Heat

So it WILL work on all characters? The timing seems a lot tighter on Ky and Jam. Or maybe I was just sucking it up that day or something =/ Entirely possible.

im positive it works on everyone, especially ky and jam, since they fall slower the timing should be easier (unless their falling hitboxes are really weird)

im positive it works on everyone, especially ky and jam, since they fall slower the timing should be easier (unless their falling hitboxes are really weird)

Ky has that really weird falling hitbox you mentioned...

PB 2s Heat works on everyone. It helps at first to do the FRC with PKS, because then you can just hold 2 and double-tap all three buttons to get FRC->2s quickly. Though on Ky, Jam and everyone else which it works on (Baiken Bridget etc) doing FRC 5s 2s is easier since 5s is faster then 2s. Mostly it's just hitting the button as quickly as you can after the FRC. Mike Z

I see this on a match, and If there´s a way to pull this out, game over.

6P (CH), S, 2S, 623HS > [Walk up a little for get on the right distance] 623S, 632146+HS > 4123641236+P, P, c.S, 2S, 623+HS (RC), 2+HS, 623+HS 63214+HS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq0vBHfik_Y

FAB does it here, but he does not link after the super.

I was wondering if it´s cause it´s not possible, or maybe you can get to the 623+HS from the wallbounce after the overdrive and then spent the remaining tension on the finisher.

I´ve never played Potemkin, but this looks like a badass combo (if it can be made) and I want to know if this can be dne without recovey.

What do you guys think?

About one screen width from the corner or closer:

FDB[ch] *splat!* Hammerfall[frc] s-2s-heat (25%)

FDB[ch] *splat!* Hammerfall[frc] s-2s-2hs-heavenly (75%)

Judge Gauntlet[ch] can be followed with k-2s~~ and hammerfall[ch] in the air can be followed with s-2s-heat most of the time.

祝你愉快。

:china:

623HS > [Walk up a little for get on the right distance] 623S,

I don't know what you're trying to get at here... 623S? And something that combos off of 623HS without an RC? I... Dunno, I'll have to look at the vid when I get home.

The reason he probably doesn't followup the super though, is because if you try something like 5K 5S Heat, the Heat can be teched out of ^_^ I dunno if 5HS Heat or 2HS Heat (height dependant) would work or not =/

I didn't post that. (^.^) He means Heat, let them drop and walk back, Slidehead on wakeup into OTG Giganter/Bullet and combo afterwards. It works: - on light/medium characters, but only characters where the Giganter hits them out of the sliding state (not everyone!) - only from far enough away that the Giganter hits right before it ends, so the Bullet has more time to start up - only midstage because otherwise you can't combo after the wallbounce. If you want to try to get the distance right for training, have Baiken block 5p 5p 5p, then Slidehead, and the Giganter will hit at the right time. I think FAB didn't follow up because he didn't think the 5p would actually hit. (^.^) Mike Z

A frirend who plays Potem actually tell me that it´s imposible getting the 623+HS (RC) after the super. Under ANY combination (like P, S, 2+S, 623+HS) they tech. But this is possible: After the Giganter, Bullet > wallbounce > P, S, 2+HS, 236236+S Too bad you can´t get the Heat without that tech, but this is still a really cool looking combo.

Actually, if you hit with Gigantor in the air, it's better to follow up with 2HS Heat + Extend. For example... CH 2HS 236P 5HS Gigantor (walk forward a bit) 2HS Heat + Extend - > Instant dizzy for a few people, good chance to dizzy everyone but like... May, Pot, and Slayer, I think... Unless I'm remembering stun resistance wrong. Some characters dizzy so quickly that they can recover if you do the whole combo, on them I like to do 6HS Hammerfall cancel instead of the 2HS Heat stuff so that you can dizzy them and more than likely kill them off. It does a bit less than Bullet, even if you don't followup bullet, but does way more stun. Keep in mind that some characters are really difficult to get the walk in 2HS on after Gigantor. On them you have to do a quick Hammerfall cancel 2HS. Which is tricky, but doable. Faust, Jam, Anji, and Eddie were the ones I ended up hammerfall canceling on.

Hey guys, is it really possible to combo after APB in the corner? I do APB, then c.S and Heat, but after the Heat the enemy always techs ><. Only once I did APB, 5K, Heat and it comboed, and I don't remember on which char it was...

Bread and butter i always use

<25%TENSION>(close)5P->2K->c.S->5S->5HS->HF FRC 2HS-HK EXTEND

<50% TENSION>(NEAR CORNER)HF FRC 2HS HK EXTEND FRC->6HS->236P->2D

<50% TENSION>c.S->2K->5S->5HS->HF FRC 2HS->HK FRC (IN CORNER)5P->5P->c.S->5S->(delayed)HF

:vbang::yaaay:

---Fular:---

Unless something changed drastically that I don't remember:

combo 1 - 5s, 2s, or any other variation of s doesn't combo to 5h. (And you would never use 2k instead of 5k if they're close.)

combo 2 - Heat does not have an FRC, never did. If you mean RC, then the combo costs 75%. 6h doesn't combo to 236P unless they're dizzy (it's techable), and even if I'm wrong around that, 236P definitely doesn't combo to 2d.

combo 3 - you can't do c.s to 2k, maybe you meant j.s in which case use j.s->j.h and proofread your posts. 5s doesn't combo to 5h. Heat does not have an FRC, so it would cost 75%. If they're airborne after the Heat Extend, there is no way that 5p 5p c.s 5s HF combos without them being able to tech.

You are aware that it's possible to air tech, yeah? :^)

---Pezzuti:---

Depends on what you did before the APB. If you start with PB FRC 5s APB, nothing will combo after the 5s except another 5s (not even a 2h), because the PB takes off too much guard bar. If you start with 5d j.h APB, you can do 5s 2h etc or 5s 5s Heat. If you start with 5k 2s 2h HF/break j.p j.k APB, you can't combo anything unless they blocked something first. If you start with 5k 2s 2h (or just 6k 2h) HF/break APB, you can since the shorter combos take less off the guard bar. If you start with Slidehead, close S (far S) APB, you can.

Note 1: The far S has decently longer untechable time than the close S, so in some situations where you couldn't do close S, Heat you can instead do close S, far S, Heat. The far S will combo off the close S, and the Heat will combo off the longer untech time on the far S, even though you added a hit before it.

Note 2: Even if it is impossible to combo 5s 2h (or 5s heat), you can always do 5s APB, because if done correctly a tiger-knee'd APB starts up faster than even a far S.

Mike Z

i dont play with pro ass kids i play with a group of friends who are good at the game but arnt doin frikken iad and air teching and stuff like i do but then again that seperates me from them and anyways 5s 5h does combo i always use it from c.s 5s 5h hf etc srry i was pretty sure HK had a frc i apologize and if u are close enough to someone and u acually get a 6hs off u do 236p and it will combo and u can 2d after u land (doesnt do like any dmg but i do it anyways) and if u HK RC and u walk forward a step u can catch them with a 5p 5p 5s 5hs (maybe) HF but u gotta wait and yes i know they can air tech outa of it

Air Teching is not a skill of 'pro ass kids', it's one of the most basic gameplay functions there is. Those combos don't work at all, and they would be worthless against anyone even remotely decent at the game. There's no point in knowing or using worthless combos that can easily be escaped. Also not sure about AC but in previous games it was only possible to combo S to HS on Counterhit or against a crouching enemy. 5S definitely doesn't combo to HS against enemies in the air either.

Tell your friends to hold 4 or 1 and press buttons while you're doing combos to them, and presto! air techs. It's a basic skill - even beginners mash when they have no idea what's going on - and once they're doing that, none of those combos work in the slightest. If you help them improve, when they get better so will you. One does not qualify as "pretty good at the game" if they don't try to tech. And yes, 5s 5h does combo on crouching, but nothing about it said 'vs crouch'. Mike Z

Hey, nice job at SER2! You totally should have won that last one. (^.^) Used to be that you had to jump cancel 6K to do specials/supers because it wasn't special-cancellable. Now it is (witness the awesome 6K->Slidehead), so you can just do 6K/charge back, 6H. Mike Z